PDA

View Full Version : Bamba's Celebration

Cocaine&Caviar
23-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Absoloutly loved it, was watching it in a local pub with 5 Enlgish Pals with no Hibs knowledge, and they were really impressed with the Big Man, and the togetherness with the manager he showed after the goal.

KeithTheHibby
23-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Absoloutly loved it, was watching it in a local pub with 5 Enlgish Pals with no Hibs knowledge, and they were really impressed with the Big Man, and the togetherness with the manager he showed after the goal.

He should never have been booked for his celebration either, ref was way too card happy.

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2009, 09:44 AM
He should never have been booked for his celebration either, ref was way too card happy.

:agree: They would have us celebrating with a quick handshake if the authorities had their way.:grr:

Cocaine&Caviar
23-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Bamba and Thicot looked very close also...

dirtydirk
23-08-2009, 09:49 AM
What was it he actually done? Not seen the highlights yet

lobster
23-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Celebration top notch - even Yogi looked a wee bit scared! The booking rule is clearly bureaucratic BS. Everyone seems to agree but nothing seems to change.
Also, pretty good that he scored immediately after Craig Burley's continued condescending comments about alleged interest from Liverpool. Bamba may or may not be 'Liverpool quality' but all he's doing is relaying what his agent told him. Burley may be correct in that Bamba sometimes goes in when he doesn't need to but as a commentator he should really be better informed than he is.

spoing
23-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Celebration top notch - even Yogi looked a wee bit scared! The booking rule is clearly bureaucratic BS. Everyone seems to agree but nothing seems to change.
Also, pretty good that he scored immediately after Craig Burley's continued condescending comments about alleged interest from Liverpool. Bamba may or may not be 'Liverpool quality' but all he's doing is relaying what his agent told him. Burley's may be correct in that Bamba sometimes goes in when he doesn't need to but as a commentator he should really be better informed than he is.

I thought exactly the same.

Burley came out with exactly the same guff re Deek. "Not doing enough". 10 secs after he said it deek pops up and scores.

He's a clown.

zlatan
23-08-2009, 10:29 AM
I thought exactly the same.

Burley came out with exactly the same guff re Deek. "Not doing enough". 10 secs after he said it deek pops up and scores.

He's a clown.

Every Hibs fan was saying that about Riordan yesterday until he scored :hilarious

I like Burley, bit more honest than you're average pundit without being an Andy Walker style windup merchant.

hibsdaft
23-08-2009, 02:14 PM
what was the actual offence committed, are you not meant to leave the pitch at all these days?

ridiculous imo

FRes Hibbie
23-08-2009, 02:18 PM
what was the actual offence committed, are you not meant to leave the pitch at all these days?

ridiculous imo

Yurp, he left the field of play so got booked. Stupid rule.

Chuckie
23-08-2009, 02:20 PM
What was it he actually done? Not seen the highlights yet

He headed for the dug out and grabbed Yogi in a big bear hug.. :wink:

He also embraced Thicot very powerfully too..

Love the big guy..

keep the faith
23-08-2009, 02:38 PM
The trackside reporter yesterday said that McNamara took exception to the big man's celebration and went for Bamba in the tunnel at half time.

For celebtrating with his manager!!! That proves 2 things:

Yogi has a togetherness not seen since Mowbray (Benji did the same with his celebration last week)

Falkirk lack any class under May.

What a week!!

.SeventyFive
23-08-2009, 02:49 PM
The players are definately playing for the manager I feel.
It's only a matter of time before the quality we have 'gels' to have a really good team.

CyberSauzee
23-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Yurp, he left the field of play so got booked. Stupid rule.

Unless something's changed this year, not true. Presumably Bamba got booked under the extremely subjective first bullet point below.

Celebration of a goal

While it is permissible for a player to demonstrate his joy when a goal has been scored, the celebration must not be excessive.
Reasonable celebrations are allowed, but the practice of choreographed celebrations is not to be encouraged when it results in excessive timewasting and referees are instructed to intervene in such cases.

A player must be cautioned if:

• in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are provocative, derisory or inflammatory
• he climbs on to a perimeter fence to celebrate a goal being scored
• he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt.
• he covers his head or face with a mask or other similar item

Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence in itself but it is essential that players return to the field of play as soon as possible.

Referees are expected to act in a preventative manner and to exercise common sense in dealing with the celebration of a goal.

thebakerboy
23-08-2009, 03:04 PM
If he was booked for leaving the field why wasnt Benji booked last week and why were the 5 players in England who I saw doing the same thing on goals on sunday today all booked as well. Could it be that Conroy is just a crap ref.:rolleyes:

KiddA
23-08-2009, 03:06 PM
The trackside reporter yesterday said that McNamara took exception to the big man's celebration and went for Bamba in the tunnel at half time.

For celebtrating with his manager!!! That proves 2 things:

Yogi has a togetherness not seen since Mowbray (Benji did the same with his celebration last week)

Falkirk lack any class under May.

What a week!!

McNamara going after Bamba I would love to see that :faf:. Bamba would rip him a new ersehole :agree:

J-C
23-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Unless something's changed this year, not true. Presumably Bamba got booked under the extremely subjective first bullet point below.

Surely if that's the case, can he not appeal against the said yellow card if this is the case.

hibsdaft
23-08-2009, 05:00 PM
looks to me like he got booked for showing some personality :tsk tsk:

Wilson
23-08-2009, 06:38 PM
:agree: They would have us celebrating with a quick handshake if the authorities had their way.:grr:

Hmmm. Maybe in the changing room afterwards.

BryanV
23-08-2009, 07:42 PM
McNamara going after Bamba I would love to see that :faf:. Bamba would rip him a new ersehole :agree:

He'd tear him apart like a chicken.

Monts
23-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Surely if that's the case, can he not appeal against the said yellow card if this is the case.

Pretty sure you cant appeal against a yellow card...

Brando7
23-08-2009, 07:47 PM

Would defo like to see hibs appeal this booking :agree:

brownlies bits
23-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Big guy was well fired up when he ran over to Yogi if aw the guys have got that kind of spirit through the season that will do for me. :top marks

As long as they are not booked every time