PDA

View Full Version : Arfield

cabbage07
23-08-2009, 09:17 AM
For what i seen yesterday that laddie would walk into our team no problem at all ,i think our midfield is to lightweight just now ,upfront we look solid but theres definately room for improvement in the midfield especially somewhere were we are lacking qaulity .
How much do you think we could get him for?

500miles
23-08-2009, 09:21 AM
I wouldn't make his signing a priority to be honest. Zemmama, Murray, Rankin and Riordan can all play in his position.

Leitherhibs
23-08-2009, 09:24 AM
For what i seen yesterday that laddie would walk into our team no problem at all ,i think our midfield is to lightweight just now ,upfront we look solid but theres definately room for improvement in the midfield especially somewhere were we are lacking qaulity .
How much do you think we could get him for?
300-500k.

cabbage07
23-08-2009, 09:24 AM
I wouldn't make his signing a priority to be honest. Zemmama, Murray, Rankin and Riordan can all play in his position.

I would rather have deek playing up front

500miles
23-08-2009, 09:26 AM
I would rather have deek playing up front

Then take your pick of Zemmama, Rankin and Murray then.

PeterboroHibee
23-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Hes a good player but dont think midfield is a priority really; we have alot of attacking options, its defensively that work needs done, could do with a RB and maybe another CB brought in imo (and not Barr)!

Cocaine&Caviar
23-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Then take your pick of Zemmama, Rankin and Murray then.

Why? If 442, Zemmama would be playing on the right as hes the main contender ahead of Wotherspoon, Murray will probably be at Left Back, or if Bamba leaves, CB, or competing with Cregg and McBride for the defensively minded CM role whereas Arfield is an attackingly minded player, so he would only be competing with Rankin for that other CM really. If Rankin is considered for the LM role in a 442 competing with Galbraith and Stevenson, then theres a lot of room for him in our squad and XI.

Mr Magoo
23-08-2009, 09:32 AM
It was in the Sunday Mail that Rods was in discussion with the falkirk chairman

hibsdownunder
23-08-2009, 09:40 AM
exactly the type of player we should be targeting, young, bags of energy, skillful and improving. would defo improve the team. despite us securing stokes I think arfield is probably too expensive for us this year..........unless he wants to come and play for the arsenal of the north for a burton-on-trent wage but if we can structure a deal for stokes then why not arfield?

500miles
23-08-2009, 10:01 AM
I would be pleased by the quality of the signing don't get me wrong. However, there are more urgent areas of the pitch that need attention - namely Centre Half. We've aleady got Galbraith, who i forgot about, as well.

col02
23-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Arfield is exactly the sort of player Hibs should be looking at imho as he will yield a larger transfer fee in the near future. I think there has possibly been a slight change in the transfer policy of Hibs the last season or two whereby they are quite happy to back the manager by bringing in players who will potentially attract interest at a far higher fee than paid for them. Given the activity from Hibs this season 2nd only to Celtic in terms of player aquisitions I think the board should be applauded for reinvesting money into the team.

brownlies bits
23-08-2009, 10:31 AM
It was in the Sunday Mail that Rods was in discussion with the falkirk chairman

Oh to be a fly on the wall

:blah: ££££ :blah: £££ :blah: ££ :blah: £ :blah: How much ! naw sorry to dear

500miles
23-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Oh to be a fly on the wall

:blah: ££££ :blah: £££ :blah: ££ :blah: £ :blah: How much ! naw sorry to dear

What? You mean like with Stokes? Or Riordan?

brownlies bits
23-08-2009, 10:58 AM
What? You mean like with Stokes? Or Riordan?
Falkirk have put a price of £1 000 000 on Arfield, I know the Tache is a reformed character but hey come on, he has already opened his wallet this year

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Falkirk have put a price of £1 000 000 on Arfield, I know the Tache is a reformed character but hey come on, he has already opened his wallet this year

Tache will punt £1m on a twenty year old for a three year contract cause he knows that he can move him on for £3m after 18 months. As i've said, we are no longer a selling club, we're a trading club.

Petrie's Tache
23-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Tache will punt £1m on a twenty year old for a three year contract cause he knows that he can move him on for £3m after 18 months. As i've said, we are no longer a selling club, we're a trading club.

Nail, Head,Wallop.

The Ajax/Monaco of Scotland:greengrin

500miles
23-08-2009, 11:34 AM

I think they may part with him for £500,000. If they moved on in Europe, I would agree with £1m though.

FRes Hibbie
23-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Imo midfield is the weakest area of the hibs squad right now. Even yesterday I thought our defence, in general, looked ok (with Bamba especially impressive) and when we got the ball to Stokes or Deek we looked quite dangerous however in midfield we didn't compete imo - i literally didn't know Cregg was playing until his was subbed - and I thought McBride was poor too. Rankin was the only one Id have given pass marks to. I think midfield is definately where we need to strengthen (assuming Bamba stays) and I think Arfield could walk into our side right now and make a very positive contribution.

GloryGlory
23-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Imo midfield is the weakest area of the hibs squad right now. Even yesterday I thought our defence, in general, looked ok (with Bamba especially impressive) and when we got the ball to Stokes or Deek we looked quite dangerous however in midfield we didn't compete imo - i literally didn't know Cregg was playing until his was subbed - and I thought McBride was poor too. Rankin was the only one Id have given pass marks to. I think midfield is definately where we need to strengthen (assuming Bamba stays) and I think Arfield could walk into our side right now and make a very positive contribution.

:agree: Rankin, Cregg and McBride are OK, but too much-of-a-muchness, run-up-and-down-all-day-long, they will play in the same pedestrian, predictable way game after game. Without Zemmama there is no spark or creativity.

J-C
23-08-2009, 12:27 PM
:agree: Rankin, Cregg and McBride are OK, but too much-of-a-muchness, run-up-and-down-all-day-long, they will play in the same pedestrian, predictable way game after game. Without Zemmama there is no spark or creativity.

My laddie came in this morning and said he heard last night from a mate that Boozy is to sign Monday, hopefully if all the rumours are true then that'll add to the midfield.:greengrin

ancient hibee
23-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Shoudn't we just buy the whole Falkirk team seeing they were such a success last season?

BT58
23-08-2009, 12:39 PM
My laddie came in this morning and said he heard last night from a mate that Boozy is to sign Monday, hopefully if all the rumours are true then that'll add to the midfield.:greengrin

thot we where signing anderson+ ayling
now there talking about boozy + arfield
the board are certainly backing YOGI if this comes true