PDA

View Full Version : Yesterdays formation

Winston Ingram
23-08-2009, 08:56 AM
I know we won but I don't think it really worked that well. It was almost like the Mixu diamond that we started with last yr except we only had 1 shortarsed left footer as opposed to 3

Even though he scored twice it certainly didn't suit Riordan. I can't remember any contributions he made other than the goals.

The football we played was night and day in comparison with last week.
With no width I thought we struggled to pass it and ultimately won the game being more physical.

It's good to see we have a bit of steel about us but I hope we don't stick with that formation

Golden Bear
23-08-2009, 08:59 AM
I know we won but I don't think it really worked that well. It was almost like the Mixu diamond that we started with last yr except we only had 1 shortarsed left footer as opposed to 3

Even though he scored twice it certainly didn't suit Riordan. I can't remember any contributions he made other.

The football we played was night and day in comparison with last week.
With no width I thought we struggled to pass it and ultimately won the game being more physical.

It's good to see we have a bit of steel about us but I hope we don't stick with that formation

:agree:

I'd agree with that. It was pretty grim stuff to be honest.

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2009, 09:09 AM
I think our formation might be more compact when we play away, and at home we will go for it a little more. I do think we lack a bit of width on the right, that may change when Zemamma comes back. I feel we need another centre back, a wide right midfielder, and most importantly a right back. If the right back is someone similar to a whittaker, then maybe the right midfielder wont be needed.

aljo7-0
23-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Last week we, appeared to me anyway, to play a 4 4 2 with both full backs pushing forward. We had a good amount of width and there were a few cracking crosses in just asking to get put away (one from Wotherspoon in the fkirst half sticks out in my mind). Yesterday it was more of a 4 3 3 which definitely narrows our play unless the full backs do get up the pitch and that didn't really happen. There was an awful lot more long balls from the back which was largely giving the ball away. I'm no manager (just as well really) but it did look as if this was a more containing set up and perhaps is the tactics largely for away games.

Cocaine&Caviar
23-08-2009, 09:37 AM
I think our formation might be more compact when we play away, and at home we will go for it a little more. I do think we lack a bit of width on the right, that may change when Zemamma comes back. I feel we need another centre back, a wide right midfielder, and most importantly a right back. If the right back is someone similar to a whittaker, then maybe the right midfielder wont be needed.

Young Scot David Gray at Man Utd would be perfect, if loan if need be...

500miles
23-08-2009, 09:50 AM
A 442 would be my preferred lineup.

...............Stack
.McCann.Hogg.Bamba.Murray
..........Cregg....McBride
.Wotherspoon........Zemmama
.......Rotational Forwards.......

Winston Ingram
23-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Last week we, appeared to me anyway, to play a 4 4 2 with both full backs pushing forward. We had a good amount of width and there were a few cracking crosses in just asking to get put away (one from Wotherspoon in the fkirst half sticks out in my mind). Yesterday it was more of a 4 3 3 which definitely narrows our play unless the full backs do get up the pitch and that didn't really happen. There was an awful lot more long balls from the back which was largely giving the ball away. I'm no manager (just as well really) but it did look as if this was a more containing set up and perhaps is the tactics largely for away games.

It was a 4-3-3/4-5-1 last week with Deeks left and Wotherspoon on the right.

Yesterday was 4-3-1-2 with Riordan behind the front 2

bobbyhibs1983
23-08-2009, 10:13 AM
I think we did ok yesterday.As a poster above has said dr did nothing except score twice, though if that meant winning everyweeek i think we all would be happy.

Im a huge fan of 4 4 2 thoguh because it gives you width,
I felt we also gave the ball away too much as well and again as a poster above has said(sorry i am very forgetful at names) we seemed to do alot of long balls forward, and or cross feild balls that just gave the ball back to falkirk.

I felt maybe bamba was lucky to stay on the pitch though.That incident when the falkirk player pulled his hair and bamba reacted, i was worried,lol.

But all in all a good win and well top of the league, well joint, is something:greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
23-08-2009, 10:15 AM
I think we did ok yesterday.As a poster above has said dr did nothing except score twice, though if that meant winning everyweeek i think we all would be happy.

Im a huge fan of 4 4 2 thoguh because it gives you width,
I felt we also gave the ball away too much as well and again as a poster above has said(sorry i am very forgetful at names) we seemed to do alot of long balls forward, and or cross feild balls that just gave the ball back to falkirk.

I felt maybe bamba was lucky to stay on the pitch though.That incident when the falkirk player pulled his hair and bamba reacted, i was worried,lol.

But all in all a good win and well top of the league, well joint, is something:greengrin

What Hair?