PDA

View Full Version : C.I.S. Wednesday Ian Murray

brownlies bits
23-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Just wonderin can Ian Murray play on wednesday and also would like to see some of the younger guys get a run out. Thoughts please

scoopyboy
23-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Yes, he is eligible and IMO will play.

GlesgaeHibby
23-08-2009, 07:50 AM
Just wonderin can Ian Murray play on wednesday and also would like to see some of the younger guys get a run out. Thoughts please

Pretty sure he can play on wednesday. As such I'd like to see us go with

Stack
McCann Hogg Bamba Murray
Wotherspoon McBride Rankin
Stokes Byrne Galbraith

Bench;
Maka
Thicot
Hanlon
Riordan
Cregg
Nish
Stevenson

Can't see either of the Moroccans being played due to the time of K.O and ramadam.

That team gives us a good solid back four, McBride and Rankin will graft away in midfield and plenty pace on the wings with Stokes and Galbraith. Byrne deserves his chance, as Nish is hopeless.

Sprouleflyer
23-08-2009, 07:53 AM
No mucking about with the team, Hghes needs to play his strongest 11, and if we are cruising the game by a few goals, then bring on the youngsters.

The League cup and Scottish cup (ok maybe only the League cup) are the only real chance we have of any glory this season, so no repeat of the Morton fiasco of last season, strongest 11 must start!

brownlies bits
23-08-2009, 08:00 AM
No mucking about with the team, Hghes needs to play his strongest 11, and if we are cruising the game by a few goals, then bring on the youngsters.

The League cup and Scottish cup (ok maybe only the League cup) are the only real chance we have of any glory this season, so no repeat of the Morton fiasco of last season, strongest 11 must start!
There lies the problem, played a strong team last year against morton and they thought all they had to do was turn up. Playing some of the young or fringe players you will see them bustin a gut to impress. Would like to see guys like Galbraith, Byrne, Wotherspoon even Benji starting.

--------
23-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Pretty sure he can play on wednesday. As such I'd like to see us go with

Stack
McCann Hogg Bamba Murray
Wotherspoon McBride Rankin
Stokes Byrne Galbraith

Bench;
Maka
Thicot
Hanlon
Riordan
Cregg
Nish
Stevenson

Can't see either of the Moroccans being played due to the time of K.O and ramadam.

That team gives us a good solid back four, McBride and Rankin will graft away in midfield and plenty pace on the wings with Stokes and Galbraith. Byrne deserves his chance, as Nish is hopeless.

I wouldn't play 4-3-3 until late on, and then only if we're comfortable on a decisive lead. I'd rest either Cregg or Rankin (probably go with you and rest Cregg, but Danny G I'd play as a wide left midfielder to stretch their defence and give us width.

Maybe the first half I'd play Stokes and Deek - that's the partnership I'd like to see startng on Sunday against Celtic. Bring Kurtis on for the last half-hour.

Jim44
23-08-2009, 08:19 AM

In two words, 'banana skins'..............strongest team please Yogi.:agree:

The_Sauz
23-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Only 5 subs for cup games is it not :confused:

WindyMiller
23-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Might be a good chance to give Wotherspoon and Galbraith more game time, as well as Murray.

Firstly though, as others have said, we must win.

truehibernian
23-08-2009, 11:22 AM
One of Mixu's (many) failings was to tinker with a winning team, so for me, put out a strong team that is on a winning run at the moment and build the ever increasing confidence. The team Hughes picked v Falkirk should start and hopefully Stokes/Nish/Riordan can score a few goals. If we go 3-0 up and are cruising then naturally we can give the likes of Benji, Byrne and Galbraith 30 or 40 minutes.

wee 162
23-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Stack
McCann Murray McCormack Booth
Wotherspoon Stevenson Galbraith
Benji Byrne Stokes

Give the players who need a game a game.