PDA

View Full Version : Yams Tom English Column

70hibby
23-08-2009, 06:33 AM
Well worth a read & a Chuckle :thumbsup:

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport/Tom-English-39Laszlo-probably-doesn39t.5579694.jp

Beefster
23-08-2009, 06:42 AM
Not much incorrect in it. Is Sickbag in apoplexy yet?

bighairyfaeleith
23-08-2009, 06:45 AM
quality

lyonhibs
23-08-2009, 06:48 AM
We'd be none too happy if that article was about Hibs, but then again for that article to be about Hibs, we'd have to have gone about 10 years without having a 20 goal a season striker, 6 months without scoring a goal and be run from afar by a comedy Balkan Bampot.

Think I'll leave that to the Jambos - I suspect the JKB approach to any forthright media criticism of Heartsnil of "it's aw part of ra conspiracy, let's pure tan his windaes, likesay, pure barry ya gadgie" will be in full swing. I guesstimate 18 pages,7 open letters and the 4 posters that dare to say "well actually, he's right................" will be instantly denounced as "hobos" before being given lifetime bans.

Winston Ingram
23-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Extremely accurate article

Scorrie
23-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Interesting point made at the end of the article about Scottie Brown being the most overrated player in Scotland and barely worth the 4m Celtic paid for him. Evidence that he has gone backwards since leaving us...? :hmmm:

500miles
23-08-2009, 09:41 AM
To be honest, saying that Hearts need a goalscorer, Romanov isn't putting in money and discipline is shocking at Hearts is hardly worth writing an article about.

Furthermore, the Scott Brown stuff is garbage and he would have a £10m price tag slapped on him by any club down south.

Sorry guys, as much as I like to indulge in a bit of Yam-bating, English is a hack. In fact, IIRC, we were all saying that after he wrote a particularly inaccurate and redundant article about us.

sleeping giant
23-08-2009, 09:51 AM
As you would expect they are not happy with Mr English on Keekback:greengrin

Everything in the article is spot on but hey , everyone hates Hearts:thumbsup:

jacomo
23-08-2009, 09:55 AM
To be honest, saying that Hearts need a goalscorer, Romanov isn't putting in money and discipline is shocking at Hearts is hardly worth writing an article about.

Furthermore, the Scott Brown stuff is garbage and he would have a £10m price tag slapped on him by any club down south.

Sorry guys, as much as I like to indulge in a bit of Yam-bating, English is a hack. In fact, IIRC, we were all saying that after he wrote a particularly inaccurate and redundant article about us.

I think Tom English is alright, tbh. He's a much more interesting writer than many in Scotland, and while I don't agree with him on Scott Brown, it doesn't mean everything he says is rubbish.

CallumLaidlaw
23-08-2009, 10:04 AM
As you would expect they are not happy with Mr English on Keekback:greengrin

Everything in the article is spot on but hey , everyone hates Hearts:thumbsup:

From sickbag -

The media will do anything to disrupt anyone who dares challenge their Old Firm, do you think this is just a coincidence that this article appears on the morning of a massive early season encounter between the Champions and Scotland's 3rd force.

:faf: :faf: :faf: :faf:

hibsbollah
23-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Its another boycott:agree: (although to be fair, a lot of the yams are saying that English's piece is what they all think themselves anyway)

As I'm up at an unseasonable hour, I've had the chance to peruse the early newspaper stories.

You'll all be stunned to hear that tom english, the smug, self satisfied, hypocritical ****bag has devoted yet another column to tearing into us, and his glee is not even hidden this time. He even makes fun of those of us who dared to question his last bile ridden, crayon written piece of s***.

Can I please urge EVERY one of you not to buy the SoS today, or to open any link to the Scotsman publications today. This risible turd of a man is plainly now trying to get a reaction from us, and by buying his vermin ridden publication or by clicking an advertisment ridden link, we are simply condoning this.

I'm sure someone will post his exact column later in text - I can't stomach doing even that. But please - listen to what I've said, and hit this ******** and his employers where it hurts.

Thanks.

500miles
23-08-2009, 11:25 AM
I think Tom English is alright, tbh. He's a much more interesting writer than many in Scotland, and while I don't agree with him on Scott Brown, it doesn't mean everything he says is rubbish.

Is it really that interesting to write an article about how much of a state Ha-ha-Hearts are? A bit of cutting humour, and a few little known facts would make it nearly worth reading.

I believe his next column is on the colour of the sky, with an aside on the lavatorial habits of the ursidae family.

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2009, 11:29 AM

Agreed. He's a pathetic specimen of an OF toady who thinks he's being provocative by bashing an easy target like Los Yambolinos. A true journalist has the mission of speaking the truth to power. English is a fifth-rate salaryman. Everything the Hearts supporters say about him is actually true.

Doesn't invalidate what he's said about them, though, but it certainly doesn't exhault him as an individual.

Part/Time Supporter
23-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Hearts have a big game against Rangers today. Walter Smith's side have averaged two goals a game in their matches with the Edinburgh team over the last couple of seasons. If that trend continues then Hearts are going to need to score twice just to get a point. You can't see where they are going to find one goal, never mind two. It's ridiculously early in the season to be talking of a club being in bother, but the transfer window is closing shortly and, unless Laszlo is given some latitude in the market, some major damage may have been done to their European prospects by the time it reopens again in January.

Bump

jacomo
23-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Agreed. He's a pathetic specimen of an OF toady who thinks he's being provocative by bashing an easy target like Los Yambolinos. A true journalist has the mission of speaking the truth to power. English is a fifth-rate salaryman. Everything the Hearts supporters say about him is actually true.

Doesn't invalidate what he's said about them, though, but it certainly doesn't exhault him as an individual.

He did lay into the Hun hoards who trashed Manchester, though, and got plenty of grief from the knuckle draggers (& the Ibrox Grand Masters) after that.

I think he writes pretty well, and is pretty fair. :confused: