PDA

View Full Version : Reception for Mowbray next Sunday?

Richard Scott
22-08-2009, 10:31 PM
A jeer of boos? or spontanious applause? I enjoyed watching Hibs under his management, but I feel there will be quite a few hibees who will voice (or shout :greengrin) their views towards him on Sunday, for taking over one of the forces of darkness :agree:

holyrood hibbie
22-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Same reaction that Falkirk gave Yogi is what I think we should do, we know he went on to greater thing WBA and the Premiership then he went to Premiersh*t at parkhead

FraserHFC
22-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Applause from me :agree:

RoYO!
22-08-2009, 10:35 PM
im not sure, but i wont boo him.

thought it was good to see that hughes was applauding the falkirk fans behind the dugout today and getting a good response from them.

givescotlandfreedom
22-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Probably a mixture but mostly positive I'd guess. Then Lennon will come out and my hate will ensue :agree:

HibeeUnderwood
22-08-2009, 10:40 PM
I wouldn't boo him

its not really necessary and it doesn't matter

what matters is getting a result! :agree:

holyrood hibbie
22-08-2009, 10:40 PM
I will applaude Venus and Mowbrey but boo the huddle. BTW does anyone else want to see what Deeko's attitude is like on Sunday consider Mowbrey was the manager who made him get 20 goals in 1 season. Will he be trying harder or will he be his lazy self.

Bob Box Fish
22-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Applause then Mowbray Mowbray whats the score when Stokes sticks one in on his home debut!

steviehfc
22-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Wouldn't boo him, but i couldn't bring myself to applaud anyone managing one of the bigot brothers either...so total indifference from me.

Richard Scott
22-08-2009, 10:42 PM
I will applaude Venus and Mowbrey but boo the huddle. BTW does anyone else want to see what Deeko's attitude is like on Sunday consider Mowbrey was the manager who made him get 20 goals in 1 season. Will he be trying harder or will he be his lazy self.

Lazy? Who think's Riordan is Lazy? Mowbray, or you? :confused:

givescotlandfreedom
22-08-2009, 10:43 PM

Mowbray also liked to pull Deek off after and hour inexplicably at times so don't know if Deek will like him? :dunno:

surreyhibbie
22-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Don't see any reason to boo him apart from he is the opposition manager.

He was good with us and moved on.

He will get loads of stick if we get a result of course! :greengrin

holyrood hibbie
Lazy? Who think's Riordan is Lazy? Mowbray, or you? :confused:

Me because he done nothing today apart from score two goals, one of which was a dead ball

Richard Scott
Mowbray also liked to pull Deek off after and hour inexplicably at times so don't know if Deek will like him? :dunno:

Some of Riordans performances under Mowbray were rank, so i'd say he was right, when he did, to sub him?

iwasthere1972

Yikes. :greengrin

Richard Scott
22-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Me because he done nothing today apart from score two goals, one of which was a dead ball

He done NOTHING... but he scored two goals? :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
Yikes. :greengrin

Crap I meant to sell that to the papers first :grr::grr::grr::greengrin

steviehfc
Mowbray also liked to pull Deek off after and hour inexplicably at times so don't know if Deek will like him? :dunno:He must like him a little bit if he was getting pulled off by him on a regular basis.:greengrin

surreyhibbie
22-08-2009, 10:47 PM
He must like him a little bit if he was getting pulled off by him on a regular basis.:greengrin

probably part of his contract, in lieu of win bonuses etc....:wink:

heidtheba
22-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Regardless of where he went I think Mowbray is a total pro and, above all, has always come through as a complete gentleman. I think its hard for us to lose sight of the fact that putting wages and budget things aside, Celtic, from what I understand, really did stick by him in many ways when Bernadette was dying and I think anyone in his position would have found it hard to turn them down for that reason alone. Booing would be bang out of order and I'd hate, albeit as a lapsed and non-attending hibby, to see it happen.

Richard Scott
22-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Regardless of where he went I think Mowbray is a total pro and, above all, has always come through as a complete gentleman. I think its hard for us to lose sight of the fact that putting wages and budget things aside, Celtic, from what I understand, really did stick by him in many ways when Bernadette was dying and I think anyone in his position would have found it hard to turn them down for that reason alone. Booing would be bang out of order and I'd hate, albeit as a lapsed and non-attending hibby, to see it happen.

Really? He told our players one week "stay here, and show some loyalty to this football club". The following week, he's driving down the motorway, to take over at West Brom. One week, he says to West Broms players "stay here, and show some loyalty to this football club". And surprise surprise, the following week, he's heading up north, to take over at Celtic. He hardly sets a decent example. He's a decent boss. But 'gentleman'? I think not. He has no self-respect or loyalty.

woody47
22-08-2009, 11:03 PM
A jeer of boos? or spontanious applause? I enjoyed watching Hibs under his management, but I feel there will be quite a few hibees who will voice (or shout :greengrin) their views towards him on Sunday, for taking over one of the forces of darkness :agree:

He preached to the players about staying where they were then jumped ship himself. No cheers from me. Just another manager who is managing one of the bigot brothers.

joejoefaemexico
22-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Probably a mixture but mostly positive I'd guess. Then Lennon will come out and my hate will ensue :agree:

only reason i go to games against celtic, just to make sure he know how much i actually hate him haha.

will be a positive response from me. great guy, done well from us and has went on to manage a bigger club, the fact that it happens to be one of our rivals is unfortunate but i definately wont hold it against him.

steviehfc
22-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Really? He told our players one week "stay here, and show some loyalty to this football club". The following week, he's driving down the motorway, to take over at West Brom. One week, he says to West Broms players "stay here, and show some loyalty to this football club". And surprise surprise, the following week, he's heading up north, to take over at Celtic. He hardly sets a decent example. He's a decent boss. But 'gentleman'? I think not. He has no self-respect or loyalty.:top marks Spot on mate. :agree:

Richard Scott
22-08-2009, 11:06 PM
He preached to the players about staying where they were then jumped ship himself. No cheers from me. Just another manager who is managing one of the bigot brothers.

You've just echoed my previous post. My thoughts exactly :agree:

woody47
22-08-2009, 11:08 PM
You've just echoed my previous post. My thoughts exactly :agree:

Must have typed it at the same time. I am just a bit slower :greengrin Must be an age thing..

IWasThere2016
22-08-2009, 11:08 PM
"Monkeyheid, Monkeyheid where's yer loyalty?"

"Monkeyheid where's yer loyalty?"

:dunno:

Richard Scott
22-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Must have typed it at the same time. I am just a bit slower :greengrin Must be an age thing..

I'd say so.... :devil:

heidtheba
22-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Ok fair point in that respect, I based that on his conduct in post-match interviews. Having said that, how much appreciation do fans give for loyalty of anyone unless they are top notch? Food for thought I suppose.

Harpandcastle
22-08-2009, 11:31 PM

Monkeyheid, Hivs, Rearend... Gorgie orientated *****.

TheMentalHibees
22-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Total indifference. I'll applaud my team when they're coming out the tunnel, nobody else.

H113EE5
22-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Did you clap McLeish on his return with the 'Gers. Then why the *** would you want to welcome Mowbray? Money grabbing waste of space who won nought with us, less with WBA and, after relugation, decided on an easy job with the unwashed, in the SPL. Bolux to him. Although for a few months (like McLeish) the football was pretty....... nothing to show for it.

lyonhibs
23-08-2009, 01:06 AM

Ahem...............................

Incredibly poor choice of words there :greengrin

Mowbray wasn't afraid to relegate Deeks to the bench when he was neither pulling his weight nor scoring regularly enough to justify a 1st 11 starting place. On occasion it had the intended effect of motivating Deeks to prove Mowbray wrong - see the 3-0 cup game at Ipox, where he set up the 3rd with a positicely exquisite slide rule pass to Killen.

Deeks scored the bulk of his goals for Hibs under Mowbray - I'd like to think he recognises the debt he owes Mowbray in terms of his development as a player.

Silversand
23-08-2009, 01:29 AM

When Mowbray left Hibs he became much like any other non Hibs player/manager - persona non-grata - ie a complete irrelevance to me & my support of Hibs.

Why would I want to acknowledge Mowbray when there are a minimum 15-16 dedicated Hibs personnel deserving of my attention?

shamo9
23-08-2009, 01:43 AM
Deeks scored the bulk of his goals for Hibs under Mowbray - I'd like to think he recognises the debt he owes Mowbray in terms of his development as a player.

I'd like to remind everyone that Deeks was already a proven 20 goal a season striker long before Mowbray came along. He managed to bang in 18 goals in an awful Williamson team that saw others such as O'Connor struggle to reach 5. Derek Riordan was born to score goals, has nothing to do with development or training from Mowbray (he was already well past that stage), if anything his greatest failing is that he hasn't really managed to develop any other parts of his game - he's still the lazy git he's always been(the majority of the time:wink:).

The idea that Riordan owes Mowbray a great debt is preposterous, it was an equally beneficial relationship. Mowbray played him, Deek scored for him. Deek has the old goal scorer's instinct, that's not something you can really teach or develop, it's just class.

Garry O'Connor owes Mowbray a debt for resurrecting his career, but Riordan's was already on the rise regardless of Mowbray's impact.

He scored goals under Bobby.
He scored goals under Mowbray.
He would've scored goals under Strachan if given the chance.
He scored goals under Mixu.
He'll continue to score goals under Yogi...

Hainan Hibs
23-08-2009, 02:28 AM
I'm not going to applaud a Septic manager.

I am grateful for the return of european football and very exciting football, but I am not grateful for the humpings from hearts and his "i've got unfinished business at Hibs" and then straight down to WBA in a shot pish.

I'm not applauding anyone at Septic, Mowbray is an irrelevance now, and what pisses me off is a lot of people who will clap him would never dream of doing it had he moved to the Huns.

I'll save my energy for supporting Hibs, and of course keeping some energy in reserve for the abuse thrown at Boruc, Caldwell, and the other clowns

bigstu
23-08-2009, 03:34 AM
Did you clap McLeish on his return with the 'Gers. Then why the *** would you want to welcome Mowbray? Money grabbing waste of space who won nought with us, less with WBA and, after relugation, decided on an easy job with the unwashed, in the SPL. Bolux to him. Although for a few months (like McLeish) the football was pretty....... nothing to show for it.

what a lot of rubbish! you should take your tablets mate & think before you post! :grr:

Littlest Hobo
23-08-2009, 04:30 AM
Really? He told our players one week "stay here, and show some loyalty to this football club". The following week, he's driving down the motorway, to take over at West Brom. One week, he says to West Broms players "stay here, and show some loyalty to this football club". And surprise surprise, the following week, he's heading up north, to take over at Celtic. He hardly sets a decent example. He's a decent boss. But 'gentleman'? I think not. He has no self-respect or loyalty.

:faf::faf: That's fitba pal. No loyalty, you do the best for whatever club you find yourself at. "HARRY REDKNAPP" :greengrin

Still think big Tony deserves a wee round of applause for getting us playing attractive football. We didn't always win but nine times of ten it was entertaining and i for one would have him back in a new york minute. :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2009, 04:47 AM
Just back, a trifle "tired and emotional at the fringe" but in the type of game Yogi aspires us to play we were second best. Yet we showed in a rather dull, OF way that we have the striking talent to instanty negatate all their nonsense.

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2009, 04:58 AM
Anyone who criticizes Mowbray is a **** in my view.

Baldy
23-08-2009, 07:04 AM

if that makes him Lazy ... I hope he is lazy every week

Hibbyradge
23-08-2009, 07:15 AM
Who?

Hibbyradge
23-08-2009, 07:16 AM
Lazy? Mowbray, or you? :confused:

Me

:faf:

Sprouleflyer
23-08-2009, 07:49 AM

I feel a bit indifferent about Mowbray now.

His complete lack of respect in showing any form of loyalty with teams he has been with. Couldn't wait to get out of Hibs, mid season and just before a derby match.....just shows what he really felt about us.

The second Celtic came calling, away he went, no loyalty to WBA to try and get them back into the EPL, just the bright lights of European football and championships to add to his CV.

My only question is, how long will he stay at Celtic, 2 years 6 months seems to be his time limit with any club!

One Day Soon
23-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Anyone who criticizes Mowbray is a **** in my view.

You just got back in from a fringe related night out at 5.40 in the morning? That's impressive - who was she/they?

Anyway, I really can't imagine why any Hibs fan would want to be abusive to Mowbray. He restored some long missing self respect to the club, had us playing football the way it should be played (that whole flair thing drove the Yams wild), brought dignity to the way he dealt with players and other managers, got our players to think and believe in themselves and when the time came moved on to the next stage of his own professional development.

He fundamentally understood the relationship of the fans to the club and its history - you would never have found him advocating that you go to the cinema if you wanted entertainment. Like most of the best managers he blends the insight that football is important but not the most important thing in life, with the knowledge that how our club was run, managed, led, directed and how our football was played mattered to Hibs fans as much as most other things in our lives. Put it this way, he would have been utterly incompatible with the 'football philosophy' at the Pink Bus Shelter and could never have been their manager.

He's Celtic manager now which is a great pity. But for me its still true that "there's only one Tony Mowbray" and for his time at the club I'm very grateful. We should acknowledge that he had us playing some great football and made us feel very good about ourselves. He had class and we should show some too by not abusing him.

After all, there's always Neil Lennon.

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2009, 09:31 AM

I know, i hate those dead balls that end up in the net.

HibeesLittleHel
23-08-2009, 10:06 AM
IMHO Tony Mowbray joined our club and transformed the playing staff's attitude and ability through the application of basic principles of respect, honesty and commitment. Some of the posters on this thread could learn from him certainly in terms of respect.

When he arrives with any other club he will have my utmost respect. I'll be honest about my gratitude to him for doing what he did for our club. As an employee with no emotional links to Hibernian he went the extra mile for our club.
However I'll still be committed to Hibs turning over Celtic. Nothing wrong with both sentiments being displayed.
:agree:

brownlies bits
23-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Would never boo Mowbray, his time at Easter Road Hibs were good to watch.

But by christ hes a strange lookin chap.

got a severe monkeyheid :devil: but as Davie Dodds once said beauty is in the eye of the beholder :bye:

MyJo
23-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Who?? :dunno:

:wink:

ArabHibee
23-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Will neither boo nor applaud him next Sunday.

He was a good manager for us when he was here.

Has sold his soul by going to the Smellies, IMO.

brownlies bits
23-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Who?? :dunno:

:wink:

Long long ago when i was your age there was a guy called Davie Dodds who played for Dundee Utd, People used to say he had a face like a well skelpt erse, others would say he had a pus like a bulldog chewin nettles. Me personally thought he was the ugliest bloke ever to have played fitba.

Hope this clears that up for you :bye:

Its no easy when you get past 40 :confused:

ArabHibee
23-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Long long ago when i was your age there was a guy called Davie Dodds who played for Dundee Utd, People used to say he had a face like a well skelpt erse, others would say he had a pus like a bulldog chewin nettles. Me personally thought he was the ugliest bloke ever to have played fitba.

Hope this clears that up for you :bye:

Its no easy when you get past 40 :confused:

Good you remember him playing for the Arabs. :thumbsup:

Most will probably remember him playing for the Huns. :grr:

He is one helluva an ugly son of a gun though!!

Elephant Stone
23-08-2009, 10:53 AM
He deserves applause for making it such an exciting time to support Hibs, it really was excellent.

seamus88
23-08-2009, 11:04 AM
was alway going to smelic did it the lesser evil way by WBA. nothing too boo at him about. got us playing football again. Wont boo or clap just go radge when we win 2-1 Hail Hail :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Captain Trips
23-08-2009, 11:11 AM
I would put the focus on Yogi next week and applaud and sing his name, as somebody said he left us went onto better things and thats football, booing ex players is also football, but on this occasion I think we should all be singing for Yogi when the managers come out.

Its all about our future lets focus on who we have there now while we we have them.

jacomo
23-08-2009, 11:18 AM
I won't boo him. Glad to say I've moved on from the Mowbray years, it was fun at the time but I harbour no bitterness.

No doubt he'll be expecting a hot reception though, so if it doesn't happen the big man might be a little unnerved :wink:

Obviously, Caldwell and Killen will get it tight if they play, purely for their lack of respect to the club which helped them get their "life-changing" contracts at Celtc.

500miles
23-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Was it not "Stay here and learn your craft"?. Completely different. TM felt it was time for him to move on as he had learned and achieved all he could with Hibs, and left us with a good team.

It was not the first chance he had to leave either - Ipswich were after him six months before that, but TM felt that, despite no doubt getting paid more by the Championship side, the ER job was worth doing more.

WBA came along with Premiership ambitions and TM thought " Job not quite done... but players in place...club in a good state, although derby is a bit inconvienient...". Quite frankly, he would have been a fool to turn down the WBA job, just like GO'C would have been a fool to turn down Moscow.

A round of applause from me, without second thought or hesitation.

New Corrie
23-08-2009, 11:29 AM
I would never boo Mogga, I have too much respect for the man. He has done nothing that I wouldn't have done (given the chances). He is a good man and a good manager, and I will always have fond memories of his Hibs tenure (apart from those Derby tonkings) that is!

jacomo
23-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Was it not "Stay here and learn your craft"?. Completely different.

Not really. I reckon Mowbray would be a better manager if he'd stayed at Hibs a while longer and learnt his craft... but hey, it's his career.

Anyhow, all water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned. We are now going places under a new man and I hope we give Celtc a tough match.

sadtom
23-08-2009, 12:27 PM
You just got back in from a fringe related night out at 5.40 in the morning? That's impressive - who was she/they?

Anyway, I really can't imagine why any Hibs fan would want to be abusive to Mowbray. He restored some long missing self respect to the club, had us playing football the way it should be played (that whole flair thing drove the Yams wild), brought dignity to the way he dealt with players and other managers, got our players to think and believe in themselves and when the time came moved on to the next stage of his own professional development.

He fundamentally understood the relationship of the fans to the club and its history - you would never have found him advocating that you go to the cinema if you wanted entertainment. Like most of the best managers he blends the insight that football is important but not the most important thing in life, with the knowledge that how our club was run, managed, led, directed and how our football was played mattered to Hibs fans as much as most other things in our lives. Put it this way, he would have been utterly incompatible with the 'football philosophy' at the Pink Bus Shelter and could never have been their manager.

He's Celtic manager now which is a great pity. But for me its still true that "there's only one Tony Mowbray" and for his time at the club I'm very grateful. We should acknowledge that he had us playing some great football and made us feel very good about ourselves. He had class and we should show some too by not abusing him.

Thats the bottom line for me. He made me proud to watch Hibs, put a spring in my step and made going to the games a treat not a chore. For that alone he will get a deserved round of applause at the start, despite the fact that i felt let down by his later actions and gutted that he joined the weedgies. Then it will be down to supporting Hibs and any thoughts good, bad or otherwise about TM will evapourate.

p.s. i also think he has to take some of the credit for driving forward the need for a training centre.

Frazerbob
23-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Regardless of your feelings towards Mowbray, I find it in very poor taste to trot out the Jambo-esque "monkey heid" pash.

For what it's worth, he'll get polite applause from me then I'll be giving him and his team dogs abuse for 90 minutes.

brownlies bits
23-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Regardless of your feelings towards Mowbray, I find it in very poor taste to trot out the Jambo-esque "monkey heid" pash.

For what it's worth, he'll get polite applause from me then I'll be giving him and his team dogs abuse for 90 minutes.

Awful sorry about that Frazerbob didnt know you looked like him

wont happen again :faf:

IWasThere2016
23-08-2009, 01:08 PM

It was in jest FB :wink: I do not expect any Monkeyheid abuse .. but abuse yes

heidtheba
23-08-2009, 01:10 PM
End of term in my class once and there was a bit of banter between the hibs supporters and the hearts. Kids were about 11/12 years old. First thing in the morning all very good humoured. One says well our manager (Mowbray) "knows how to play football properly" and the hearts kid, without stopping to turn, keeps on walking and says "well at least our manager's evolved".
I almost p£"£shed myself...
Unprofessional quite possibly but very very funny...

heidtheba
23-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Should say this was before registration so wasn't in the middle of a lesson or anything!

smurf
23-08-2009, 02:49 PM
I would never boo Mogga, I have too much respect for the man. He has done nothing that I wouldn't have done (given the chances). He is a good man and a good manager, and I will always have fond memories of his Hibs tenure (apart from those Derby tonkings) that is!

Agreed. Polite applause from me before kick-off. Then game on...

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2009, 03:01 PM

Ooh err missus!

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2009, 03:07 PM

Yes, ought to have not stumbled to the PC after my exploits last night, but I stand by every word, which you have just properly articulated in a brilliant post.

Mowbray and Petrie formed a vision for our club which stumbled with the Collins/Mixu appointments and is now back on track with a vengence, with Yogi. We owe him and MV tons and my love will pour out next Saturday. I'm not going to let my personal disdain for those tramps stop me from honouring a great man and brilliant Hibernian servant, and I would call on others to do the same.

Green-Hibee-7
23-08-2009, 04:42 PM
I will give him the reception he deserves - a series of claps, as untill he became the manager of Hibs we had to suffer a bottom six season previous and hopless boring football.

Other than just footballing reasons Tony is an absolute gentleman :agree:.

Sir David Gray
23-08-2009, 04:53 PM
I have fond memories of Mowbray's time in charge of Hibs but he has moved on and so have we.

I will neither boo nor cheer Mowbray next week. My sole focus will be on my team.

Hibs On Tour
23-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Good you remember him playing for the Arabs. :thumbsup:

Most will probably remember him playing for the Huns. :grr:

He is one helluva an ugly son of a gun though!!

A man so ugly that when he was born, by all accounts the doctor slapped his ma!... :greengrin

Hibs On Tour
23-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Not really. I reckon Mowbray would be a better manager if he'd stayed at Hibs a while longer and learnt his craft... but hey, it's his career.

Anyhow, all water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned. We are now going places under a new man and I hope we **** Celtc.

Fixed that for you!

givescotlandfreedom
23-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Was it not "Stay here and learn your craft"?. Completely different. TM felt it was time for him to move on as he had learned and achieved all he could with Hibs, and left us with a good team.

It was not the first chance he had to leave either - Ipswich were after him six months before that, but TM felt that, despite no doubt getting paid more by the Championship side, the ER job was worth doing more.

WBA came along with Premiership ambitions and TM thought " Job not quite done... but players in place...club in a good state, although derby is a bit inconvienient...". Quite frankly, he would have been a fool to turn down the WBA job, just like GO'C would have been a fool to turn down Moscow.

A round of applause from me, without second thought or hesitation.

I'm sure he said he had "unfinished business" here then a few weeks later he went to WBA. It's almost as if he'd known it was on the cards :devil: Seems like BS to me from Tony there but did an excellent job for us and set the standards we still aim for.

Hibs On Tour
23-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Mowbray's "unfinished business at ER" 6th Oct 2006

http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/loadroll.asp?cid=ED11&id=302137

This suggests he made the "unfinished business" comment in relation to when Ipswich came calling months prior to West Brom's approach.

On 10th October West Brom made their approach for TM, on the 11th they were given permission to talk to him and he was announced as WB manager on the 13th Oct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Mowbray#Coaching_career

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/i/ipswich_town/4985882.stm

This is perhaps the one that is a little two-faced:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/5323912.stm

One month and one week later and he feels "ready for the next challenge"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_bromwich_albion/6043410.stm

Then ditto when Celtic came calling...

FWIW, I too had my joy of Hibs reignited by TM's team [or rather by the way he had the team playing] but he's an irrelevance now. Lets worry only about our own team, manager and players and **** every single other lot who come here.

soupy
23-08-2009, 06:48 PM
A man so ugly that when he was born, by all accounts the doctor slapped his ma!... :greengrin

Davie Dodds the elephant man..........:faf:

basehibby
23-08-2009, 07:12 PM

I'm certainly not about to applaud Mowbray onto the pitch - but on the other hand why on earth would I want to boo him - he was superb in his time at Hibs and contributed greatly to some very happy memories. But that is history.

If I bumped into him in the street I would warmly shake his hand but next weekend he'll just be another opposition manager as far as I'm concerned.

Badge
23-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Applause from me :agree:

And me. Grateful for what he did during his time here and for the type of football we watched.

Holmesdale Hibs
23-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Not sure I'd applaud him but certainly wouldn't boo him. He did alot for our club - just think of how bad we were before he arrived.

Last Minute
23-08-2009, 07:45 PM

Lazy aye? what would you rather have, a player that runs around like a headless chicken and get nothing? or Derek Riordan the best scottish striker in the spl.

Getting a bit fed up with people going on about him being Lazy, what more do you all want from him He wins most games for us does he not.:bye:

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Lazy aye? what would you rather have, a player that runs around like a headless chicken and get nothing? or Derek Riordan the best scottish striker in the spl.

Getting a bit fed up with people going on about him being Lazy, what more do you all want from him He wins most games for us does he not.:bye:

Would like a team player who gives 100%........

Last Minute
23-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Would like a team player who gives 100%........

He's not a team player he's a *****ing goal machine there is a difference:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2009, 07:53 PM
He's not a team player he's a *****ing goal machine there is a difference:wink:

I want a player who scores goals like Deek, but I want him to give his all, not swan around the field half heartedly, and not being petulant.....

Last Minute
23-08-2009, 08:06 PM
I want a player who scores goals like Deek, but I want him to give his all, not swan around the field half heartedly, and not being petulant.....

Well we already have that in stokes what else do you want :dunno:

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Well we already have that in stokes what else do you want :dunno:

Are you serious or just being a smart ass??? I can't decide....

Last Minute
23-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Are you serious or just being a smart ass??? I can't decide....

No i'm not being a smart ass I'm just saying not to long ago this site was in melt down that we got Riordan back then 2 days ago we have spent a hugh sum in getting Stokes here and still people are not happy.

brownlies bits
23-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Aye thats right goal machine just let the other ten guys work their arse off

will give deek a stool to sit outside the eighteen yard box till somebody wins a free kick for him now there you go problem solved :rolleyes:

Bit of an effort would be appreciated from the goal machine

:duck: just in case lot o Deek fans oot there

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2009, 08:23 PM
No i'm not being a smart ass I'm just saying not to long ago this site was in melt down that we got Riordan back then 2 days ago we have spent a hugh sum in getting Stokes here and still people are not happy.

I want every single player to give 100% for the Club..... Lets not have people putting in half shifts just because they can..... Lets remember these boys are being paid quite handsomely to play football, if they can't be ersed then we have a problem........

I am not happy at having players not bursting their guts for the jersey.......

Think about what can be achieved through effort and endeavour.... Surely not to hard to understand:confused:

brownlies bits
23-08-2009, 08:27 PM
I want every single player to give 100% for the Club..... Lets not have people putting in half shifts just because they can..... Lets remember these boys are being paid quite handsomely to play football, if they can't be ersed then we have a problem........

Think about what can be achieved through effort and endeavour.... Surely not to hard to understand:confused:
thank you somebody agrees wi me:top marks

Last Minute
23-08-2009, 08:29 PM

You should be asking nish and DVZ then. :duck:

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2009, 08:35 PM
You should be asking nish and DVZ then. :duck:

If you watch closely enough (or maybe you dont), you will find Nish and DVZ giving lots of endeavour... They may not be silky enough for your liking but if the effort is there then no complaints can be made...

Last Minute
23-08-2009, 08:42 PM
If you watch closely enough (or maybe you dont), you will find Nish and DVZ giving lots of endeavour... They may not be silky enough for your liking but if the effort is there then no complaints can be made...

I go to every game and it was DVZ that cost us the goal yesterday and i was not talking about being silky i was talking about winning games which Riordan done for us yesterday again. all i can say is keep up the good work Deek.

End off:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2009, 08:43 PM
I go to every game and it was DVZ that cost us the goal yesterday and i was not talking about being silky i was talking about winning games which Riordan done for us yesterday again. all i can say is keep up the good work Deek.

End off:greengrin

So you think Nish and DVZ are lazy??? Not even worth debating with you

Gmack7
23-08-2009, 09:13 PM
TM was great for hibs as we were for him so i wish him all the best but when sunday comes he is just one of them(our opposition)so i hope he has a ****in mare

SanFranHibs
23-08-2009, 10:37 PM

But when it came to the financial benefits for the club as a whole he (and his staff of course) have enabled Hibs to receive millions from selling players, some of whom he had looking better than they really are.

I know it was not all his doing but I think the 2 year period when we were playing good football has gone a long way to improving Hibs financial security.

And he was always honest about his wanting to return to England. Also, I don't recall him, whilst at Hibs, calling on player 'loyalty'. I am quite sure he said in his own way that some players would be better served by plying their trade a while longer at Hibs, getting first team playing time rather than warm a bench elsewhere. And certainly he said that Hibs would not prevent young Hibs players from moving on when the player felt it was time to, which seemed part of the 'sweetener' to get some younger players to sign contract extensions knowing they would not be around too long but at least Hibs would get something in return.

I think WBA fans have more reason to feel aggrieved at his departure. He certainly seemed to be calling for player loyalty after they were relegated and was gone before his words had fallen silent.

Would not bow down to him in abject admiration, but certainly, looking at the way Hibs situation has improved in some areas which he contributed to, transfer fees, season tickets etc, I would not boo him.

We just need to move on and I think the most satisfying thing that could happen next weekend is simply to beat them.

A double from Stokes will do the job !!!!

:thumbsup:

BoltonHibee
23-08-2009, 10:45 PM
So you think Nish and DVZ are lazy??? Not even worth debating with you

Not read through the thread, but the two you have mentioned are absolutely crap, and I for one would never worry if they never played for the Hibs again. The pair of them are shocking!

FranckSuzy
23-08-2009, 10:50 PM
IMHO Tony Mowbray joined our club and transformed the playing staff's attitude and ability through the application of basic principles of respect, honesty and commitment. Some of the posters on this thread could learn from him certainly in terms of respect.

When he arrives with any other club he will have my utmost respect. I'll be honest about my gratitude to him for doing what he did for our club. As an employee with no emotional links to Hibernian he went the extra mile for our club.
However I'll still be committed to Hibs turning over Celtic. Nothing wrong with both sentiments being displayed.

:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

If Only
24-08-2009, 09:30 AM

Probably be his lazy self and score two cracking goals.

Steve20
24-08-2009, 09:42 AM
I will not clap or boo Mowbray.

As for Riordan, he scores two goals and wins us the match and still people have a go at him. Give the guy a break, FFS.

jarre1875
24-08-2009, 09:51 AM
I wont be applauding Mowbray. Once anyone leaves us i dont care about them. Never applauded Latapy, KT, Or Broonie (except when he fell over the ball and the east gave him pelters n he applauded them). He done well for us but that was then this is now, He's 1 o them and once the game starts he's fair game same as everyone else.

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2009, 10:49 AM
In an ideal world we'd have gifted players who put in a decent shift, but I'd rather watch eleven lazyish footballers than eleven carthorses running around.

Personal preference.

Perspective
24-08-2009, 10:55 AM
I'd love to see Mowbray given a great reception - maybe even a chant of 'Tony Mowbray's Green and White Army'. Then we can concentrate on getting torn into Celtic.

He did so much for the club on and off the pitch and, just as importantly, is a decent, humble guy. I think he'd appreciate the gesture.

hibs1875aye
24-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Mowbray left Hibs. He joined celtic. He joined the opposition. I don't support the opposition, I support Hibs.

There is any complexity in this? Shall we applaud Scott Brown for services rendered? Kevin Thom-hun? Nope.

GLORY TO THE HIBEES...everyone else can GTF! :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Mowbray left Hibs. He joined celtic. He joined the opposition. I don't support the opposition, I support Hibs.

There is any complexity in this? Shall we applaud Scott Brown for services rendered? Kevin Thom-hun? Nope.

GLORY TO THE HIBEES...everyone else can GTF! :thumbsup:

spot on..... So simplistic really.....

hibs1875aye
24-08-2009, 11:11 AM
taking it further, I'd love to see Riordan batter in a hattrick against those celtic *******s....ohhh yes :greengrin - stick that in yer stolen pipes and smoke it!

basehibby
24-08-2009, 11:28 AM
I'd love to see Mowbray given a great reception - maybe even a chant of 'Tony Mowbray's Green and White Army'. Then we can concentrate on getting torn into Celtic.

He did so much for the club on and off the pitch and, just as importantly, is a decent, humble guy. I think he'd appreciate the gesture.

Ehh? :confused:

Tony Mowbray's green and white army is known as the Celtic Support these days or haven't you noticed???

Much as I like big Tony and don't bear him any grudges for his departure from ER, the ONLY people in Green and WHite I'll be applauding at the weekend will be current employees of Hibernian FC.

cwilliamson85
24-08-2009, 11:31 AM
How about the whole east stand turns there back onthe huddle. No Booing and I bet that would more of a stance.

Dinkydoo
24-08-2009, 11:31 AM

Classic Deeks.

I agree that he should up his work rate but would you rather have him working hard and not scoring or scoring and doing nothing else.

Football games are won by goals mate, hence why Boyd is so highly rated by some people.

Just a thought.

Oh, and I'll probably give Mowbray a wee clap for all the gid memories - booing him is pretty narrow minded and immature imo.

cwilliamson85
24-08-2009, 11:32 AM
I would also like a massive WE WHERE THE FIRST TO WEAR THE GREEN CHANT!!!

hibs1875aye
24-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Or, should we turn them over, a rousing chorus of "are you falkirk in disguise" :greengrin

dangermouse
24-08-2009, 02:21 PM

Yogi Hughes green and white army surely :thumbsup:

Looks like I'll not make the match on Sunday as my son is playing in an under 13 Scottish Cup tie which kicks off at 11 :grr:

Maybe he can deck the referee in the league match on Thursday and get sent off so he's suspended. :rolleyes:

Joe Baker II
24-08-2009, 03:31 PM

This would be incorrect in Scottish context as Tarff Rovers, who were green, were founded before Hibs!

I will be applauding Mowbray on Sunday, unfortunately I think a significant minority will boo him.

dublinhfc
24-08-2009, 03:34 PM

oooohhh Matron!

jacomo
24-08-2009, 03:44 PM