PDA

View Full Version : Stokes £?

Delboy*
22-08-2009, 08:49 PM
No sure if this has been covered but can anyone confirm how much we paid for him n what wage he's on?

Cracking signing Yogi :thumbsup:

RoYO!
22-08-2009, 08:59 PM
its not been confirmed but what ive heard on here is

between £300-500k

and £4k a week.

monktonharp
22-08-2009, 09:03 PM

between £300-500k

and £4k a week.cant see it ever being confirmed,certainly not the wage,only Willie MCCANT knows these things.....who cares,he looks the biz

surreyhibbie
22-08-2009, 09:30 PM
saw a mention in the paper about 2 million quid?

Thought it was a bit much for Hibs....

AFKA5814_Hibs
22-08-2009, 09:33 PM
saw a mention in the paper about 2 million quid?

Thought it was a bit much for Hibs....

That was in reference to how much Sunderland paid for him.

I think it was in the EEN and the headline was something like - Hibs sign £2m Sunderland Striker.

Richard Scott
22-08-2009, 09:37 PM

between £300-500k

and £4k a week.

£4k a week? That's a mahoosive drop in pay he's taken to move to Hibs, considering he was on £15k a week at s'land.

thebakerboy
22-08-2009, 09:38 PM
saw it somewhere today (sorry getting too old to remember ) suggested £800k but large drop in wages to get first team games

steviehfc
22-08-2009, 09:39 PM
No sure if this has been covered but can anyone confirm how much we paid for him n what wage he's on?

Cracking signing Yogi :thumbsup:Daily ****** this morning had us paying £800,000 for him, more likely to be the cost of the whole package though with wages and signing on fee bunged in.

CyberSauzee
22-08-2009, 09:51 PM
There's a good chance the 'transfer fee' (or a good chunk of it) would be given to Stokes as a golden hello to compensate for the reduced wages he'll be on at ER. Sunderland would be happy to get someone they don't need off their wage bill who was reportedly on £700k+ pa. Obviously if sunderland could get any cash for him they'd be delighted but realistically they wouldn't get or expect much for player who has rarely featured for them.

holyrood hibbie
22-08-2009, 10:32 PM
This is a total guess but I think we paid £750k and hes propley on O'Brien and Chisolms pay combined so im guessin £5.5k a week

RoYO!
22-08-2009, 10:33 PM
£4k a week? That's a mahoosive drop in pay he's taken to move to Hibs, considering he was on £15k a week at s'land.

£4k/wk is already out of the wage structure that hibs have stuck so rigidly to so i cant see it being much more than that

Richard Scott
22-08-2009, 10:33 PM
This is a total guess but I think we paid £750k and hes propley on O'Brien and Chisolms pay combined so im guessin £5.5k a week

O'Brien was on £5.5k a WEEK??!! Jeeeeeesus :grr:

Richard Scott
22-08-2009, 10:35 PM
£4k/wk is already out of the wage structure that hibs have stuck so rigidly to so i cant see it being much more than that

I thought we'd pay a little more than that for a player of Stokes quality. £4k a week is peanuts :confused: I just find it hard to understand how he'd opt to leave a £15k a week job, for a £4k a week one. And here was me thinking football was now all 'money,money,money' :greengrin
If £4k a week is Hibs maximum wage limit, then that's ridiculous.

holyrood hibbie
22-08-2009, 10:37 PM

No he was between £4k n £4.5k so you know

Richard Scott
22-08-2009, 10:38 PM

ok...... £4k a week for O'Brien? Jeeeeesus :grr::greengrin

holyrood hibbie
22-08-2009, 10:42 PM

Come on he came from that huge north eastern England club called Newcastle or sumthing

RoYO!
22-08-2009, 10:45 PM
factor in the goal bonuses and he'll be alright i reckon :wink:

Don Giovanni
22-08-2009, 10:45 PM

Wee pointy was on 1 -1.5k p/w!? :confused: Jeeeeeeeeeeeesus :grr: :grr: :grr:

:greengrin

Winston Ingram
23-08-2009, 06:49 AM
cant see it ever being confirmed,certainly not the wage,only Willie MCCANT knows these things.....who cares,he looks the biz

It'll be confirmed on the 31st of July 2010 when this years accounts are released:agree:

I think the biggest part of this deal would have been his signing on fee

hibbybob
23-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Given his age, potential, the large fee sunderland paid for him and our reputation for bringing on / selling young talent I suspect that there will be a hefty sell-on clause. That way we get what could have been a player outwith our means and Sunderland get something back too!

No inside knowledge - just a thought and, if true, well done to both clubs and to the player!

KeithTheHibby
23-08-2009, 09:23 AM
We paid 700k for DLC which remains our record signing therefore I am pretty sure that we have not paid more than that for Stokes as we would have announced it?

cabbageandribs1875
23-08-2009, 11:46 AM
If £4k a week is Hibs maximum wage limit, then that's ridiculous.

is it ?? if 4K a week is "ridiculous".......just how much do you think we should be paying players ? or, would you like to see us paying some players heaps more than others, thus creating unrest between players ?

EasterRoad4Ever
23-08-2009, 11:54 AM
whatever it is , looks like a great bit of business by Hibs. The guy is only 21 and already commanded a £2m transfer. If he plays to his potential, we will get loads of goals from him, and probably a nice £1m + fee with 12 month to go.

The fact that the Yams would love him, and have a bunch of donkeys up front just makes it all the more enjoyable. What I would give for a Stokes goal of three against the Yams to really rub it in :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2009, 12:00 PM
is it ?? if 4K a week is "ridiculous".......just how much do you think we should be paying players ? or, would you like to see us paying some players heaps more than others, thus creating unrest between players ?

This is a nonsence argument. Riordan would i imagine have been our top goalscorer until stokes arrived. Is DVZ causing unrest at the club? He wont be on half what Riordan earns. Good players have always earned more than not so good players, why should it be any different at Hibs? :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
23-08-2009, 12:08 PM
This is a nonsence argument. Riordan would i imagine have been our top goalscorer until stokes arrived. Is DVZ causing unrest at the club? He wont be on half what Riordan earns. Good players have always earned more than not so good players, why should it be any different at Hibs? :confused:

lets concentrate on the 4k being a "ridiculous" amount, what amount would be acceptable then ? 6k or hows about 7/8k ?? if so, and assuming your right that DVZ is on a far less amount than even the original 4k....thats a rather huge gap for a club the size of hibs ? if hibs were handing out wages much more than 4k a week then we certainly wouldnt have saw east mains built, lets keep the monopoly money wages for the likes of hertz thanks.

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2009, 12:21 PM
lets concentrate on the 4k being a "ridiculous" amount, what amount would be acceptable then ? 6k or hows about 7/8k ?? if so, and assuming your right that DVZ is on a far less amount than even the original 4k....thats a rather huge gap for a club the size of hibs ? if hibs were handing out wages much more than 4k a week then we certainly wouldnt have saw east mains built, lets keep the monopoly money wages for the likes of hertz thanks.

Do you honestly think we could attract the likes of Anthony Stokes for £1.5k a week? He will have been given a very big signing on fee, he will be our top earner by a long shot, and he will be worth it. Or we could just sign a team of Colin Nish's and hobble along the bottom reaches of the SPL. Are you saying we should not have bought Stokes?:confused:

cabbageandribs1875
23-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Do you honestly think we could attract the likes of Anthony Stokes for £1.5k a week?

who said anything of the sorts :confused: read my post again:rolleyes: i already put the emphasis on the 4K/week being a "ridiculous" amount, therefore if 4k/week is a "ridiculous" amount.....WHAT amount is acceptable(i'l repeat) 6k/7k/8k ??:confused:

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2009, 12:34 PM
who said anything of the sorts :confused: read my post again:rolleyes: i already put the emphasis on the 4K/week being a "ridiculous" amount, therefore if 4k/week is a "ridiculous" amount.....WHAT amount is acceptable(i'l repeat) 6k/7k/8k ??:confused:

I'm confused. Let me tell you were i am. £4k a week for me is not rediculous for hibs to pay. I'm sure he got a big signing on fee too, so if thats added, his wage will be nearer 6-7k a week. I'm also not against that either.

cabbageandribs1875
23-08-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm confused. Let me tell you were i am. £4k a week for me is not rediculous for hibs to pay. I'm sure he got a big signing on fee too, so if thats added, his wage will be nearer 6-7k a week. I'm also not against that either.

ditto :agree: the poster i'm referring to obviously wants hibs to increase the top wage at ER to over 4k/week (assuming we even do have a cap on the top wage) it doesnt matter if stokes got a 100k/1/2/3/ MILLION signing-on fee :confused:

silverhibee
23-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Do you honestly think we could attract the likes of Anthony Stokes for £1.5k a week? He will have been given a very big signing on fee, he will be our top earner by a long shot, and he will be worth it. Or we could just sign a team of Colin Nish's and hobble along the bottom reaches of the SPL. Are you saying we should not have bought Stokes?:confused:

But look what happened to Leeds when they started splashing the cash.:wink::greengrin

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2009, 01:06 PM
But look what happened to Leeds when they started splashing the cash.:wink::greengrin

Ah but they were spending money they never had, i dont think the tache will, do you?:wink:

FRes Hibbie
23-08-2009, 01:09 PM

Let's try to restore some clarity here. As I took it, Mr Cabbageandribs was responding to the poster (from Liverpool I think) who seemed to imply that Hibs' top wage of (let's assume) £4k p/w was somehow tight, stingy and not as much as he expected it to be. Mr Cabbageandribs was merely trying to ask what this poster would deem an acceptable highest wage and suggested that his assumptions of SPL wages were a little ambitious. Mr cabbageandribs wasn't, as Blackpool hibs seemed to interpret, suggesting that Hibs sign SPL journeyman type players on £1k a week.

:cool2:

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Let's try to restore some clarity here. As I took it, Mr Cabbageandribs was responding to the poster (from Liverpool I think) who seemed to imply that Hibs' top wage of (let's assume) £4k p/w was somehow tight, stingy and not as much as he expected it to be. Mr Cabbageandribs was merely trying to ask what this poster would deem an acceptable highest wage and suggested that his assumptions of SPL wages were a little ambitious. Mr cabbageandribs wasn't, as Blackpool hibs seemed to interpret, suggesting that Hibs sign SPL journeyman type players on £1k a week.

:cool2:

:faf::faf::faf::top marks Thank you.

FRes Hibbie
23-08-2009, 01:20 PM
:faf::faf::faf::top marks Thank you.

:nerd: It's what I'm here for.

cabbageandribs1875
23-08-2009, 01:24 PM
:nerd: It's what I'm here for.

i'l ask an admin to transfer some of my Vbuttons to your account :smokin

mjhibby
23-08-2009, 03:08 PM
I would think it wasnt more than £400,000 up front with another £350,000 of add ons(which will no doubt equal the addons we got for fletcher and jones).A cracking bit of business and while it was obvious that stokes wasnt fit against falkirk he got himself in positions to score and only sharpness stopped him scoring.Rod petrie knows down the line we will more than get the money back and stokes will revive his career.With zemmamma and murray to come into the team and probably another defender and midfielder too yogi is building a very good squad.I can see a lot of high scoring games coming up and as long as we score more than the opposition then who cares.
Still need another centre half or play murray there when he comes back.I week to go till the end of the transfer window.Just realised weve got caldwell to face next weekend.This is going to be fun.