PDA

View Full Version : Yogi's signings.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2009, 07:53 PM
So far we have Cregg and Mcbride, both look good and 1st choice players. Stokes will be real quality, i have no doubt he will score lots of goals for us, another 1st choice pick. Only Stack to go,:devil: 5 weeks maximum before he's our number 1. Its seems he has brought quality over quantity so far, lets hope his next couple of signings are the same.:thumbsup:

Davy Mac
22-08-2009, 08:12 PM
So far we have Cregg and Mcbride, both look good and 1st choice players. Stokes will be real quality, i have no doubt he will score lots of goals for us, another 1st choice pick. Only Stack to go,:devil: 5 weeks maximum before he's our number 1. Its seems he has brought quality over quantity so far, lets hope his next couple of signings are the same.:thumbsup:

There is no question Yogi is massive with team motivation/team spirit etc and it's brilliant to see a togetherness again amongst the players/Manager.

I'm not so sure Mixu's way might have brought about the same result - but time will tell of course but I don't know about you but Yogi doesnae half bring out the Leith/Hibbiness in ye......:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2009, 08:14 PM
There is no question Yogi is massive with team motivation/team spirit etc and it's brilliant to see a togetherness again amongst the players/Manager.

I'm not so sure Mixu's way might have brought about the same result - but time will tell of course but I don't know about you but Yogi doesnae half bring out the Leith/Hibbiness in ye......:greengrin

:agree: Yip, everyone seems to be pulling in the same direction, thats half the battle. They all seem to be happy too. That coupled with decent players is only going to be good for us.:thumbsup:

RoYO!
22-08-2009, 08:15 PM
all i know is that this is the most excited, by a season/management/direction the club is taking, i've been in ages. long may it continue :thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2009, 08:15 PM
The most impressive thing Yogi has said so far in his reign as Hibs boss is that when he came in he immediately spotted that the right hand side was lacking therefore he brought in Cregg and McBride to "balance the shape of the team".

Out-effin-standing, Yogi. Whilst there were quite a good few tearing their hair out in a rage about the perceived lack of quality, Yogi went about his business, balanced the shape of the team, bolstered the goalkeeping options and has now quietly went about bringing in the players that the fans want to see (Exhibit A - Anthony Stokes).

How often over the years have we lamented the sheer lack of shape and balance to our squad, watched countless times as players have been brought in whilst the glaringly empty positions have went unattended to.

I can't speak high enough of Yogi and I think a fair few nods of acknowledgement towards Petrie and co. are in order.

Two seasons on the trot now we've brought in players we didn't think we could afford (Deek and Stokes).

Watching Stokes run about today, I was pinching myself. Although he didn't hit the back of the net and although he doesn't look match sharp, I could see that in terms of ability, nous and awareness, he is a cut above the rest.

That laddie is going to be effin' dynamite once he's up and running. And the best of it is, he's tied down to us for 3 years.

Davy Mac
22-08-2009, 08:18 PM
:agree: Yip, everyone seems to be pulling in the same direction, thats half the battle. They all seem to be happy too. That coupled with decent players is only going to be good for us.:thumbsup:

Few posters were concerned over Bamba getting sent off today but he has fantastic heart, guts, determination and just a total willingness to win - I luv this kind of guy at Hibs.:agree:

I dinnae mind the big fella getting sent off a few times over the season if he displays that kind of passion, it takes special kind of people to change a game and both Bamba & Deeks did that today.:agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Nobody disses the Sol Man.

If I was carrying his baby, I'd run to the papers and proclaim how glad I was just to have got close to him, even if he never returned my calls or paid me child maintenance.

He's the man. Simples.