PDA

View Full Version : Hearts, could they go a whole season...

Rasta_Hibs
22-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Without scoring a single goal!?

I actually think they are that pish! I mean c'mon tell me someone in their team that can score goals?

machibby
22-08-2009, 07:42 PM
By the law of averages they're bound to score at least one....

own goal

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2009, 07:45 PM
It could happen especially if they sign Nish, like they want to on brokeback.:devil:

Crab apple
22-08-2009, 07:47 PM
It could happen especially if they sign Nish, like they want to on brokeback.:devil:

Nish would be a vast improvement on what they have just now.

Mibbes Aye
22-08-2009, 07:51 PM

They can't afford Colin Nish.

I'll say that again:

GIRFUY ya bunch of spineless, forelock-tugging, excuse-finding halfwit muppets :partyhibb

heidtheba
22-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Reeeeeeally dont wanna be negative but this reminds me of one of the most one sided matches I've ever seen ... the score was 1-1 and we were all over them. Sub comes on and my mate laughs and says 'pfft Foster...he's NEVER gonnae score'

Here's hoping this thread doesn't come back n bite us....:duck:

Beefster
22-08-2009, 07:55 PM

I actually think they are that pish! I mean c'mon tell me someone in their team that can score goals?

Behave.

Sergey
22-08-2009, 07:59 PM

I'll say that again:

GIRFUY ya bunch of spineless, forelock-tugging, excuse-finding halfwit muppets :partyhibb

Correct. In fact, they can't even afford a registration fee for a FBK Kaunas loanee.

:trumpet:

Sir David Gray
22-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Nish will score us around 12 goals this season, if he plays in every game. He's not the prettiest player to sit and watch but at SPL level, he is effective.

Christian Nade and Calum Elliot would be lucky to score 12 goals between them over the course of two seasons.

In saying that, to answer the original post, I don't think it's possible, even for Hearts, to go a whole season without scoring a goal.

Corstorphine Hibby
22-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Correct. In fact, they can't even afford a registration fee for a FBK Kaunas loanee.

But they can afford to pay HMRC an alleged seven figure bill? :confused:

Sergey
22-08-2009, 08:16 PM
But they can afford to pay HMRC an alleged seven figure bill? :confused:

You missed the irony.

They've been paying Kaunas seven figure sums for the loan players :greengrin

Mibbes Aye
22-08-2009, 08:22 PM

They certainly can't afford those :greengrin

I may have got the wrong end of the stick here, but I would have thought that Homfc fans, if indeed they are true fans, wouldn't have settled for being brushed off so easily when they asked where millions of their money had gone????????

Seems like they did though. And they accuse Celtc of being professional victims :rolleyes:

Corstorphine Hibby
22-08-2009, 08:30 PM
You missed the irony.

They've been paying Kaunas seven figure sums for the loan players :greengrin

I don't dispute that, if you are talking about a players wages per year. What I do have doubt believing is that they cannot afford to pay a registration fee yet they can afford a reported 7 figure HMRC bill.

heidtheba
22-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Surely even the most die hard fians will finally have to accept reality if/when they don't sign a striker with any sort of track record by the end of this transfer window. Everything else could (with a HUUUUUGE stretch of the imagination) be argued as having some kind of point behind it - paying fines late, 'temporary' delay behind stadium extension etc but surely they've been crying out for a striker for donkeys years. Last year at least they toyed with the idea of getting Riordan - how much was this a serious bid we can only guess at but I'd guess that they could play with money equal bids knowing that if all things were equal Derek would sign for us. My firmest Vlad fan friends have argued most of the above points but their lack of anything approaching a prolific striker is so obvious that if it isnt sorted then its clear that things are beyond a joke and its not just the fans who will know this...Plan F too I'd imagine.
140k severance package I believe?:bye:

CalgaryHibs
22-08-2009, 08:44 PM

is this a joke?

They will score some goals.

Caversham Green
22-08-2009, 09:40 PM
I don't dispute that, if you are talking about a players wages per year. What I do have doubt believing is that they cannot afford to pay a registration fee yet they can afford a reported 7 figure HMRC bill.

That tax bill was one they couldn't afford to pay over a year ago. It took the threat of winding up for them to come to an agreement with HMRC to pay in instalments.....because they can't afford to pay it now either.

cwilliamson85
22-08-2009, 09:43 PM
They are bound to get a few from set pieces. A very tall squad espically compared to us.

holyrood hibbie
22-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Now strikers are suppose to score goals.

Hearts, the Edinburgh team with "big inverster"

Hibs, the Edinburgh selling team.

Hearts strikers = Nade, Elliot and Obaou (or what ever his name is)

Hibs strikers = Riordan (£400k), Nish (£100k), Benji (Free), Bryne (Small fee from Norwich) and Stokes (Rumored to between £300k and £750k)

Nade = 4 goals last season and that dude beginning with O how many goals? And Eliot gets total wasted with the Vampire manager

Riordan = 12 goals, Nish = 9 goals, Benji = was it 8 on loan last season? Bryne = Handfull in U19's and stokes when he last played first team game 16 goals in 18 games.

Anyone see the resemblence beceause I dont.

FranckSuzy
22-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Now strikers are suppose to score goals.

Hearts, the Edinburgh team with "big inverster"

Hibs, the Edinburgh selling team.

Hearts strikers = Nade, Elliot and Obaou (or what ever his name is)

Hibs strikers = Riordan (£400k), Nish (£100k), Benji (Free), Bryne (Small fee from Norwich) and Stokes (Rumored to between £300k and £750k)

Nade = 4 goals last season and that dude beginning with O how many goals? And Eliot gets total wasted with the Vampire manager

Riordan = 12 goals, Nish = 9 goals, Benji = was it 8 on loan last season? Bryne = Handfull in U19's and stokes when he last played first team game 16 goals in 18 games.

Anyone see the resemblence beceause I dont.

From Brokeback

I *****ing hate them but at least they score goals I hope Vlad is listening. :top marks

Liberal Hibby
22-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Given that almost all of Nade's goals (like another fat Hearts forward before him) are against us - then the liklihood is that Hearts will score goals, most of them by Nade and elliot with nearly all of them against us.

Given we've played two bottom six teams and they will have played two top six teams a six point gap tomorrow will be pretty meaningless.

Hearts had no more fire power up front last year and finished well above us (although with a better defence). But I'm too long in the tooth to understand these preseason/early season debates which have no impact on a full season's results.

iwasthere1972
22-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Given that almost all of Nade's goals (like another fat Hearts forward before him) are against us - then the liklihood is that Hearts will score goals, most of them by Nade and elliot with nearly all of them against us.

Given we've played two bottom six teams and they will have played two top six teams a six point gap tomorrow will be pretty meaningless.

Hearts had no more fire power up front last year and finished well above us (although with a better defence). But I'm too long in the tooth to understand these preseason/early season debates which have no impact on a full season's results.

:confused: You can only beat what's put in front of you. However in Hearts case that's not true. The longer they go without a win and even scoring the harder it will be for them. The writing is on the wall for Shabby to walk out and then what.

Phook the Yams. :greengrin

surreyhibbie
23-08-2009, 12:19 AM
:confused: You can only beat what's put in front of you. However in Hearts case that's not true. The longer they go without a win and even scoring the harder it will be for them. The writing is on the wall for Shabby to walk out and then what.

Phook the Yams. :greengrin

And his refusal to sign a contract extension is just the first shot in his plan to walk away in disgust. :agree:

heidtheba
23-08-2009, 12:43 AM
Would he no be better holding on for his severance pay if he got shot...we know Vlad is quick on the firing button...

Would be interesting to see what happens tho, before I got booted off JKB they were discussing this and they mentioned 140k severance package...
LIKE THATS GONNA BE PAID!

jgl07
23-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Would he no be better holding on for his severance pay if he got shot...we know Vlad is quick on the firing button...

Would be interesting to see what happens tho, before I got booted off JKB they were discussing this and they mentioned 140k severance package...
LIKE THATS GONNA BE PAID!
Csaba may want out while he still has some repuation left.

Kojock
23-08-2009, 08:06 AM

Ha Ha Hawrts have gone goalless in seven of their previous eight competitive games. They have got three goals (all in the same match) in their last 12 hours of football.

Ha Ha Hawrts scored 40 league goals last season. 12 away from home! Even Caley Thistle got 19 – and they were relegated.

Forty goals was the lowest total of any club in the top seven in the SPL. They were the only team in the top seven that didn't have one player in double figures. Bruno Aguiar was the top scorer with seven – and he's been sold.

If you dont lose goals you dont lose games however since last season they have since sold Christophe Berra, Robbie Neilson and Christos Karipidis.

Source -- Tom English, Scotland on Sunday

They have a week left to buy / loan a decent striker, only problem there is they dont have a pot to p1ss in.

Part/Time Supporter
23-08-2009, 08:16 AM

Dundee United have two strikers injured presently, meaning they had no strikers on the bench against Hearts or St. Mirren. St. Mirren were able to defend competently and ground out a 0-0 draw yesterday. Hearts can't even do that.

The basic point is that they weren't that good last year (as shown in the last two derbies), and now they're demonstrably weaker.

Jack
23-08-2009, 08:21 AM
It would be really funny but it wont happen. They could however set a low score record.

Anyone know what that is?

Rasta_Hibs
23-08-2009, 08:22 AM
is this a joke?

They will score some goals.

Aye it was a joke!

And i knew it would really annoy the Hearts fans from Brokeback that come on here for a nosey!

CallumLaidlaw
23-08-2009, 08:23 AM
They're gonna struggle, but youy can BANK on them scoring against us this season. In fact, if we get to the derby and they haven't scored yet, I will be seriously panicking!

I reckon they'll try and get someone on loan before the weeks out.

CallumLaidlaw
23-08-2009, 08:30 AM
It would be really funny but it wont happen. They could however set a low score record.

Anyone know what that is?

since the SPL started in 1998, St.Johnstone have the record for the least league goals in a season. In 2001/02, they scored just 24 goals, obviously finishing bottom

Another record they could go for is -
Motherwell hold the record for most red cards in an SPL season. In 2002/03, they got 11 red cards in the league.

DEDICATIONS WHAT YOU NEED IF YOU WANNA BE A RECORD BREAKER
(Maybe we should give Cheryl Baker and Kriss Akabusi a call!!!)