PDA

View Full Version : Delighted but........................

Expecting Rain
22-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Great away win, beating Falkirk 3-1 with half a team, once Murray and Zemmama return and we make another couple of signings in the class of Stokes we`ll be laughing.

EasterRoad4Ever
22-08-2009, 07:03 PM
.... poor performance. Struggled to string passes together, midfield missing again, but Stokes and Deeks :applause:

Rasta_Hibs
22-08-2009, 07:05 PM
.... poor performance. Struggled to string passes together, midfield missing again, but Stokes and Deeks :applause:

What the man said! :wink:

danger1875
22-08-2009, 07:17 PM
and we won with only two players, get in:greengrin

WindyMiller
22-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Great away win, beating Falkirk 3-1 with half a team, once Murray and Zemmama return and we make another couple of signings in the class of Stokes we`ll be laughing.

What's your 'unbiased' opinion on our Captain's performance to-day.

Personally, I feel John Hughes has made a rod for his own back there.

Let's hope he can sort it out.

--------
22-08-2009, 07:22 PM

My feelings exactly.

Though he wasn't exactly getting a lot of help from his right-back today.

Correction: his right-back was worse than a man short. :bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2009, 07:27 PM

:agree: Either Hogg has to get his finger out, and start producing performances to warrant a place in the team, or Yogi has to bite the bullit, and replace him with either a new signing, or Murray when he's free of suspension.

WindyMiller
22-08-2009, 07:32 PM
My feelings exactly.

Correction: his right-back was worse than a man short. :bitchy:

Doddie

I agree with your opinion of DVZ. I've tried to support him in the past, as a feel all our RB's have suffered from a lack of support, but he's never really improved.

I do feel though that Hogg's performance to-day was woefull, and his position as Captain is weakened by the fact that he will be outshined by Bamba on a weekly basis.

Shrekko
22-08-2009, 07:38 PM
:agree: Either Hogg has to get his finger out, and start producing performances to warrant a place in the team, or Yogi has to bite the bullit, and replace him with either a new signing, or Murray when he's free of suspension.

I think Murray and Bamba would be a decent pairing- aggressive, mobile and good enough in the air.

I was, and have always been 'so so' about Hogg, but now think he needs to do far more to be worthy of a place in the team. Really surprisd that Yogi appointed him captain.

When you think back, Hibs fans were constantly posting in the past about Caldwell and Jones being inferior centre-halfs to Hogg and how their positional sense was making it difficult for him. My feeling now is that those 2 were just having to cover too much due to Hoggy's lack of presence and awareness. The space strikers are getting in the box is alarming and I noticed that in games Jones missed last year.

WindyMiller
22-08-2009, 08:25 PM
I think Murray and Bamba would be a decent pairing- aggressive, mobile and good enough in the air.

I was, and have always been 'so so' about Hogg, but now think he needs to do far more to be worthy of a place in the team. Really surprisd that Yogi appointed him captain.

When you think back, Hibs fans were constantly posting in the past about Caldwell and Jones being inferior centre-halfs to Hogg and how their positional sense was making it difficult for him. My feeling now is that those 2 were just having to cover too much due to Hoggy's lack of presence and awareness. The space strikers are getting in the box is alarming and I noticed that in games Jones missed last year.

Exactly my thoughts.

bighairyfaeleith
23-08-2009, 07:08 AM
I agree we had no midfield today, I really think that cregg, mcbride and rankin is not strong enough to support Riordan playing a free role. I think once Murray is back then put him in a deep central midfield role so he can grab the ball and control the game, then let him give it to zemmama for the creative passes to riordan, stokes and benji.

This in turn will take some of the pressure of Hogg at the back, and with mccann back the defence should be stronger again.

Also, gedt benji fit and playing up front with stokes, and riordan playing off them

Now thats a ****ing team :greengrin

P.s. this is assuming we don't have a boozy to add in to the mix as well!!!!!!

Judas Iscariot
23-08-2009, 07:30 AM
I believe Hogg was made captain as that was the "Fair" choice to make..

Vice captain last season, longest serving player etc etc..

My worry with this is that means when fit he will most likely play..

I've never been a fan of Hogg beforehand and his start to the season has been very poor, even preseason games he wasn't up to much..

Wether the captains band is too much for him or he's been found out as being gash, I don't know..

IMO, when we have a fully fit squad, a spot on the bench should be the best for him..

Murray/Bamba or Thicot/Bamba or Thicot/Murray would be better options..

If we're in the market for another centre half as rumours may suggest I can't see Hogg playing at all then..

Mistake making him captain?

Expecting Rain
23-08-2009, 08:03 AM

Windy my unbiased opinion on Hogg reamains intact unfortunately, i`d rather see him playing well, going back to decent basic defending, showing awareness of what is going around him, taking up good defensive positions and moving the ball on quicker rather than clipping or attempting 40 yard crossfield passes, in a Whittakerless, Jonesless, Murphyless defence he is toiling, i think it is a matter of time before he is dropped, i`d prefer it if he knuckled down and produced a performance, well you did ask me!:greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
23-08-2009, 08:10 AM
I have to say, I've always liked Hogg, and have defended him on here, as I feel that some use him as a scapegoat, BUT, he has started the season really poorly. He has made bad decisions, he has tried to over-complicate things, and his passing has been poor. As said above, he really needs to pull his finger out.
Also as above, I would rather see a Bamba/Murray pairing currently, but I feel Yogi has made it difficult to drop him by making him captain.

Jim44
23-08-2009, 08:14 AM

I don't think this is necessarily the case. When he appointed Hogg, I'm sure he made a point of saying that Hogg would not be an automatic pick. He won't have any qualms about leaving him out if he has to.

WindyMiller
23-08-2009, 12:34 PM
I have to say, I've always liked Hogg, and have defended him on here, as I feel that some use him as a scapegoat, BUT, he has started the season really poorly. He has made bad decisions, he has tried to over-complicate things, and his passing has been poor. As said above, he really needs to pull his finger out.
Also as above, I would rather see a Bamba/Murray pairing currently, but I feel Yogi has made it difficult to drop him by making him captain.

No arguments from me Callum.
Good post.

WindyMiller
23-08-2009, 12:39 PM
I don't think this is necessarily the case. When he appointed Hogg, I'm sure he made a point of saying that Hogg would not be an automatic pick. He won't have any qualms about leaving him out if he has to.

I hope you're right Jim, he's the weak link in our CD.
As others have said, it's perhaps the extra resposibility.
IMO he's always been weak, and a poor passer.

Saorsa
23-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Great away win, beating Falkirk 3-1 with half a team, once Murray and Zemmama return and we make another couple of signings in the class of Stokes we`ll be laughing.:agree:
We need another creative midfirlder for when Zoomer is out, lots of passing and possession again today but without really going anywhere, we had over 60% of the 1st half yesterday but done very little with it.

Let's hope he can sort it out.Hogg was poor again today IMO, I think Yogi made a big mistake making him captain, should have been Murray IMO. On his last two performances I would drop him and put Murray in there but will he drop his captain.

My feelings exactly.

Correction: his right-back was worse than a man short. :bitchy::agree:

DVZ, oh dear, why is he there, worse than useless. :bitchy: