PDA

View Full Version : Falkirks new stand

Ceske Bairn
22-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Did anyone happen to get a picture of the new stand today during the game? ie from the away end perspective?

Much appreciated if anyone has and is willing to send via email.

Thanks
Ceske

Rasta_Hibs
22-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Did anyone happen to get a picture of the new stand today during the game? ie from the away end perspective?

Thanks
Ceske

Wait till the new East Stand goes up pal!

From the telly it looked a lovely new stand and just what the stadium needed! Certainly stop a fair bit wind on the pitch!

Jones28
22-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Looks good, now time to get that beer tent of stand replaced ;)

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2009, 04:55 AM

Thanks
Ceske

Just back from enjoying great hospitality at your stadium and with some fine friends in Babby'sville.

The stadium is great and it shows Falkirk's idea of sustainable steps to great effect. The best ground in Scotland beyond Glas/Edin by miles and amaybe inclusive.

Football wise, you took the piss, passed it around like we wanted to. The difference is: Riordan, Stokes, Benji, Nish, JJ etc etc

Ceske Bairn
23-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Just back from enjoying great hospitality at your stadium and with some fine friends in Babby'sville.

The stadium is great and it shows Falkirk's idea of sustainable steps to great effect. The best ground in Scotland beyond Glas/Edin by miles and amaybe inclusive.

Football wise, you took the piss, passed it around like we wanted to. The difference is: Riordan, Stokes, Benji, Nish, JJ etc etc

Thanks.

Re the last paragraph, your spot on.

Apparently we are very close to signing Kjartan Finnboggason, 23yr old former Celtic striker. Hopefully he may be the answer to our good play and crosses.

PS Not sure if you saw the after match stats in hospo, but only 1500 Hibs fans, I expected you guys to fill the away end.

cleanyman
23-08-2009, 04:27 PM

Thanks
Ceske

I like your new stand, sat in it with a few Falkirk friends. The atmosphere was good.

Antifa Hibs
23-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Thanks.

Apparently we are very close to signing Kjartan Finnboggason, 23yr old former Celtic striker. Hopefully he may be the answer to our good play and crosses.

PS Not sure if you saw the after match stats in hospo, but only 1500 Hibs fans, I expected you guys to fill the away end.

New stand looks the biz mate. Good atmosphere created in it aswell :agree:

Are there any plans to build a fourth stand?

Will look a quality wee stadium when complete, also good to see Falkirk didn't follow the rest of the Scottish clubs and go for a lego-like inykit stadium like Livi, Airdrie, Falkirk etc.

HH81
23-08-2009, 04:46 PM

Will look a quality wee stadium when complete, also good to see Falkirk didn't follow the rest of the Scottish clubs and go for a lego-like inykit stadium like Livi, Airdrie, Falkirk etc.

Is that not who were on about :wink:

Antifa Hibs
23-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Is that not who were on about :wink:

:greengrin

Whoooooops

That was meant to be St Mirren.

Well spotted!

Frogga
23-08-2009, 04:55 PM
I took these on my phone so they are a bit fuzzy... New stand is in the one in the middle.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7075/image0032.jpg

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4163/image0033a.jpg

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/2891/image0034l.jpg

El Gubbz
23-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks.

Think the game being on TV and it being a half 12 KO put people off.

jakki
23-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Dave and I were going but the 4 wheelchair places Hibs had been allocated had been taken up.:boo hoo:

Winston Ingram
23-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Thanks.

Probably would of if it weren't on the telly

ronaldo7
23-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Thanks.

Come on Ceske,:grr:

12:30 Kick off and on the telly

How many Falkirk fans will travel to ER then:whistle:

Ceske Bairn
23-08-2009, 07:18 PM

To be fair, we take a decent amount through to ER normally. Going by the pics of the away end on that Bounce website from last year id say 1300 at the first game as we filled half top and bottom and the second game maybe 650 as its just the bottom tier.

Dont get me wrong it wasnt a dig as you always normally fill the North stand but Hibs had requested the normal away stand PLUS 1 of the 2 temp stands.

You have to remember average home crowds too, we have a hardcorse home support of around 4,500 whereas Hibs is around 11,000?

As i say, not a dig mind :wink:

Ceske Bairn
23-08-2009, 07:19 PM
I took these on my phone so they are a bit fuzzy... New stand is in the one in the middle.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7075/image0032.jpg

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4163/image0033a.jpg

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/2891/image0034l.jpg

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Ceske Bairn
23-08-2009, 07:21 PM

There is but I reckon its still a few years away.

9000 capacity just now is enough for our needs just now anyway id say.

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2009, 07:22 PM

Never really understood excuses like 12.30 kick off and on the telly..... It takes 30 minutes to get to from Edinburgh, and nothing beats being at the match.....

Piss poor support yesterday IMO

ronaldo7
23-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Never really understood excuses like 12.30 kick off and on the telly..... It takes 30 minutes to get to from Edinburgh, and nothing beats being at the match.....

It wasn't an excuse it's a fact.

Some guys still have to work Saturday's these days dontya know

Others will choose to go to the boozer and spend their cash there.

Each to their own and all that:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2009, 07:29 PM
It wasn't an excuse it's a fact.

Some guys still have to work Saturday's these days dontya know

Others will choose to go to the boozer and spend their cash there.

Each to their own and all that:wink:

guys who go to the boozer rather than the game don't really cut it for me......

The_Sauz
23-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Well see you don't have a family :bitchy:

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Well see you don't have a family :bitchy:

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

ronaldo7
23-08-2009, 07:33 PM

Whatever floats yer boat Steven:cool2:

Brando7
23-08-2009, 07:36 PM

Thanks
Ceske

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2569/3732210052_3cff53fd33.jpg

Ceske Bairn
23-08-2009, 07:53 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2569/3732210052_3cff53fd33.jpg

Thanks, think that one is from the Vaduz match when it wasnt quite finished.

Brando7
23-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks, think that one is from the Vaduz match when it wasnt quite finished.

Looks finished to me :greengrin

the_ginger_hibee
23-08-2009, 08:11 PM

Might not be a valid excuse for yourself, but you cant deny it effects the numbers.

I thought the crowd was very decent really, couldnae beat sitting in that sun either, scorching! :cool2:

Antifa Hibs
23-08-2009, 08:15 PM
To be fair, we take a decent amount through to ER normally. Going by the pics of the away end on that Bounce website from last year id say 1300 at the first game as we filled half top and bottom and the second game maybe 650 as its just the bottom tier.

Dont get me wrong it wasnt a dig as you always normally fill the North stand but Hibs had requested the normal away stand PLUS 1 of the 2 temp stands.

You have to remember average home crowds too, we have a hardcorse home support of around 4,500 whereas Hibs is around 11,000?

As i say, not a dig mind :wink:

Dig away mate, all things considered it was a pish support. 3000 for a daft friendly away to Dunfermline, same distance for our first competitive away game and only half turn up.

Sad thing is if it was a 3pm kickoff we would've sold both stands. Honestly can't get my head round people who would goto the game then decide not to as its on the tele :confused:

BTW, next time, maybe an idea to request pictures BEFORE the match :greengrin:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Dig away mate, all things considered it was a pish support. 3000 for a daft friendly away to Dunfermline, same distance for our first competitive away game and only half turn up.

Sad thing is if it was a 3pm kickoff we would've sold both stands. Honestly can't get my head round people who would goto the game then decide not to as its on the tele :confused:

BTW, next time, maybe an idea to request pictures BEFORE the match :greengrin:wink:

Agreed Antifa, after the size of crowd who went to Bolton, but a game half an hour away, only 1500 travel, cant fathom that out

Judas Iscariot
23-08-2009, 09:22 PM

All hail superfan :hnet:

dangermouse
24-08-2009, 08:05 AM

My son and I would have gone but he has karate on a Saturday morning and we wouldn't have made it through on time so just watched it on the TV in HD. :thumbsup:

Sylar
24-08-2009, 08:12 AM
There is but I reckon its still a few years away.

9000 capacity just now is enough for our needs just now anyway id say.

I was talking about that with my dad on Saturday actually. Nobody is going to bring enough support to pack out the away end and require the other space for extras, other than the OF, and there's no point spending £x amount to cover 4 games a season.

I think your stadium just now is the business :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2009, 08:28 AM
I was talking about that with my dad on Saturday actually. Nobody is going to bring enough support to pack out the away end and require the other space for extras, other than the OF, and there's no point spending £x amount to cover 4 games a season.

I think your stadium just now is the business :thumbsup:

A 12,000 all seater with four stands would make Falkirk's ground ideal for - I was going to say B and U21 international's - but I think it would probably replace Hampden now.

.Louise.
24-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Heres the one I got of the new stand!

The_Todd
24-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Our support was small and quiet, was disappointed.

On the other hand, with only one turnstyle open in my half of the stand, I figure that a bigger crowd would have caused serious issues.

Not a dig at Falkirk, but at the police who refused to let Falkirk open more turnstyles. The queue to get in was a disgrace.

Ceske Bairn
24-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Our support was small and quiet, was disappointed.

On the other hand, with only one turnstyle open in my half of the stand, I figure that a bigger crowd would have caused serious issues.

Not a dig at Falkirk, but at the police who refused to let Falkirk open more turnstyles. The queue to get in was a disgrace.

I think there are 2 at each end of the stand.

I assume 1 at each end was open? Strange as they normally have them all open.

Keith_M
24-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Agreed Antifa, after the size of crowd who went to Bolton, but a game half an hour away, only 1500 travel, cant fathom that out

It is a bit dissapointing but this seems to be a regular thing when games are on TV. Fair enough Hibs took 3,000 to Dunfermline but the game wasn't on the telly and, IIRC, the prices were 10 and 5 quid.

If clubs want decent attendances at televised games they really have to consider reducing the prices for them.

.Louise.
24-08-2009, 11:12 AM
I think there are 2 at each end of the stand.

I assume 1 at each end was open? Strange as they normally have them all open.

Both 9 + 10 were open when I got in.

legends of 73
24-08-2009, 11:53 AM

uber fan at it again

i never went as i work night shift finish at 6 home for 0630 bed for 7 then would have to be up for 1030 to get ready. thats why i never went also was working saturday night at 6pm, so sleep meens more to me than geting up after 3hrs sleep and going to watch hibs getting up 10 mins before the game starts is better for me.

home games are fine as i get at least 6hrs shut eye

so i'm i excused mr uberfan

Jonnyboy
24-08-2009, 12:00 PM
All hail superfan :hnet:

uber fan at it again

i never went as i work night shift finish at 6 home for 0630 bed for 7 then would have to be up for 1030 to get ready. thats why i never went also was working saturday night at 6pm, so sleep meens more to me than geting up after 3hrs sleep and going to watch hibs getting up 10 mins before the game starts is better for me.

home games are fine as i get at least 6hrs shut eye

so i'm i excused mr uberfan

To be fair to Delabooze, for every fan that couldn't go due to personal circumstances there's others that could and didn't. Our support was poor in numbers and as The Todd says, very quiet.

Joe Baker II
24-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Never really understood excuses like 12.30 kick off and on the telly.....
IMO

Worryingly neither it seems do the football authorities who acquiesce in these kick off times. No price reduction for a game live on tv at a ridiculous kick off time is inexcusable - realise Hibs Board just as bad as Falkirk btw.

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2009, 03:55 PM
To be fair to Delabooze, for every fan that couldn't go due to personal circumstances there's others that could and didn't. Our support was poor in numbers and as The Todd says, very quiet.

I think that when you forgo your few pre-match drinks to unwind, there has to be something to get you excited. While the result and goals were good, we were too often second best in the midfield.

Albanian Hibs
24-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Poor support for both teams IMO. Lots of seats in both ends, which was surprising since it was Falkirk's first home game, etc. Smaller than usual and a very quiet Hibs support, even at 3-1 up. At least we had 90mins of sitting in the sun for a change :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
24-08-2009, 06:06 PM

:agree:

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Having a pre-match drink is part of football culture, but I think we have quite a big lush element in our support, who would chose the pub and a televised match over the horror of going to a game dry.

Carheenlea
24-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Smaller than usual and a very quiet Hibs support, even at 3-1 up. At least we had 90mins of sitting in the sun for a change :greengrin

Sitting in the sunshine never seems to be conducive for creating a lively atmosphere in my opinion.

Same crowd under the floodlights on a Wednesday night in November, you can almost guarantee a better atmosphere. (and larger crowd).

.Louise.
24-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Poor support for both teams IMO. Lots of seats in both ends, which was surprising since it was Falkirk's first home game, etc. Smaller than usual and a very quiet Hibs support, even at 3-1 up. At least we had 90mins of sitting in the sun for a change :greengrin

Yeah I got burnt!!