Hanny
22-08-2009, 06:03 PM
what does fwiw mean?

For what it's worth

Mibbes Aye
22-08-2009, 06:06 PM
what does fwiw mean?

"Free Walter Ignatius Wilson"

RoYo has been campaigning for his release for some time, usually puts that at the start of all his posts :agree:

For what it's worth, I think he's right and he should be released :agree:

Spike Mandela
22-08-2009, 06:06 PM
what does fwiw mean?

Bet you know what FTP means though eh:devil:

sleeping giant
22-08-2009, 06:07 PM
hibs have scored 5 goals this season

and rankin has 3 assists.... :devil:

Well done Rankin.:thumbsup:

sleeping giant
22-08-2009, 06:08 PM

F*** Theo Paphitis ?

hibbybrian
22-08-2009, 06:11 PM

harsh of you to expect a bluenose to remember the Famous Tommy Preston :devil:

RoYO!
22-08-2009, 06:12 PM
thought this might be worth a mention, the amount of abuse that rankin gets on here by some and at the game is quite amazing.

I've defended him on this board after some have branded him 'terrible'. lets wait and see what yogi gets out of him. played well so far this season.

Baldy Foghorn
22-08-2009, 06:14 PM
thought this might be worth a mention, the amount of abuse that rankin gets on here by some and at the game is quite amazing.

I've defended him on this board after some have branded him 'terrible'. lets wait and see what yogi gets out of him. played well so far this season.

One thing you get from Rankin is he works his socks off, and always gives 100%.....Very important player IMO

Onceinawhile
22-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Rankin is alright, no more no less.

I'd like to have a better quality of player than him, but with our budget it's not always possible, does a job, gives 100%, no complaints from me.

Mibbes Aye
22-08-2009, 06:23 PM

:agree:

Far too easy a target. He's a decent enough player with a great attitude IMO and Hughes might be the manager to get the best out of him.

--------
22-08-2009, 06:37 PM
:agree:

Far too easy a target. He's a decent enough player with a great attitude IMO and Hughes might be the manager to get the best out of him.

Good corner for Sol's goal; lovely pass/cross low to the near post for Deek's first. His booking was IMO him taking one for the team.

He always works his socks off, on the field and in training, and gives 100% effort throughout a game. Guys like JR buy the space, time, and opportunity for guys like Deek to do what they do.

I really like the guy. I thought he had a very good game today.

blueisthecolour
22-08-2009, 06:59 PM

****** the PO...........lis if i remember from my younger days:devil:

blueisthecolour
22-08-2009, 07:00 PM
For what it's worth
Cheers mate

Crab apple
22-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Good corner for Sol's goal; lovely pass/cross low to the near post for Deek's first. His booking was IMO him taking one for the team.

He always works his socks off, on the field and in training, and gives 100% effort throughout a game. Guys like JR buy the space, time, and opportunity for guys like Deek to do what they do.

I really like the guy. I thought he had a very good game today.
:agree: Totally agree.

500miles
22-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Very underrated. Never gives less than 100%, and done all the running in a very static team last season.

andrew_dundee
22-08-2009, 07:23 PM
he's playing at about the right level and as long as he continues to play in the way he has over the past 18 months then i'm more than happy for him to stay at Hibs :agree:

RoYO!
22-08-2009, 07:43 PM
tbh im surprised by this reaction, thought when i started the thread there would be plenty of nae sayers.....

maybe they just dont come on here when hibs win :greengrin

more happy to revel in misery

heidtheba
22-08-2009, 08:00 PM
tbh im surprised by this reaction, thought when i started the thread there would be plenty of nae sayers.....

maybe they just dont come on here when hibs win :greengrin

Funny that cos a wee peek on Keekback shows that theres been 106 new Yams registering on a dire week for them...:thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2009, 08:03 PM
I've got to say that whilst John Rankin will probably never contribute more than the odd decent set-piece and "squiggler", he's 100% guaranteed to run his socks off and as a Hibs fan, all I ask of the players who wear the jersey is that they run themselves into the ground.

Rankin gives you that at as standard.

RoYO!
22-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Funny that cos a wee peek on Keekback shows that theres been 106 new Yams registering on a dire week for them...:thumbsup:

its soon to be 107! really considering signing up to revel in their misery :greengrin

heidtheba
22-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Lets not give em one more than that tho eh...

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2009, 08:29 PM

You make me sniff. A lot.

ronaldo7
22-08-2009, 08:29 PM

You supposed to be undercover:cool2:

Take a look at the sig and weep

Tomsk
22-08-2009, 08:30 PM
what does fwiw mean?

***** the huns

Mibbes Aye
22-08-2009, 08:33 PM
I've got to say that whilst John Rankin will probably never contribute more than the odd decent set-piece and "squiggler", he's 100% guaranteed to run his socks off and as a Hibs fan, all I ask of the players who wear the jersey is that they run themselves into the ground.

Rankin gives you that at as standard.

The thing with the team is that the system Hughes' chooses to play will need varying degrees of grafters, runners and flair types. If Yogi has JR as an integral part of his system, doing his job better than anyone else in the squad, then there's no point bemoaning him for not being a Boozy or whoever, because he's fulfilling the role he's meant to. He's doing his job.

The criticism always makes me laugh - 99.99999% of us are nowhere near his ability, good enough to be playing for one of the better-off SPL clubs on a regular basis. If he was as bad as some make out he wouldn't be at this level. Football's very cruel and very fair in that regard - you don't last at a level above your talent for long.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2009, 08:39 PM
The thing with the team is that the system Hughes' chooses to play will need varying degrees of grafters, runners and flair types. If Yogi has JR as an integral part of his system, doing his job better than anyone else in the squad, then there's no point bemoaning him for not being a Boozy or whoever, because he's fulfilling the role he's meant to. He's doing his job.

The criticism always makes me laugh - 99.99999% of us are nowhere near his ability, good enough to be playing for one of the better-off SPL clubs on a regular basis. If he was as bad as some make out he wouldn't be at this level. Football's very cruel and very fair in that regard - you don't last at a level above your talent for long.

Unless you're Christian Nade :greengrin

For every artist in a team, there needs to be a couple of decorators. Rankin might not be as flashy as a Zouma, Deek or Stokes, but as you say, he does what he's meant to do. Run.

heidtheba
22-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Oh I did think that might raise eyebrows but no not of the Hearts persuasion. Haven't been to ER for a while however. Was a season ticket owner back under Miller in 94/95 and 95/96.

Also wondered if my 'Fulton was a nice guy' post would cause problems but was glad it didnt. Granddad was a Hearts supporter and...dads family were Rangers fans, although he couldn't give a monkeys. Actually fell out with that side of the family over it. Kid you not - true west coast persuasion.

Tomsk
22-08-2009, 08:44 PM

Sorry, you've lost me. What's that got to do with anything?

Rankin's a mess of a footballer. Other than two dead ball deliveries he was a mess again today. The fact that he is 1000 times better than I ever was doesn't alter the position one jot.

He falls very comfortably into the easily replaceable category. So, let's do it.

ronaldo7
22-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Oh I did think that might raise eyebrows but no not of the Hearts persuasion. Haven't been to ER for a while however. Was a season ticket owner back under Miller in 94/95 and 95/96.

Also wondered if my 'Fulton was a nice guy' post would cause problems but was glad it didnt. Granddad was a Hearts supporter and...dads family were Rangers fans, although he couldn't give a monkeys. Actually fell out with that side of the family over it. Kid you not - true west coast persuasion.

What would that be?

Who was your fav player under Miller?

Mibbes Aye
22-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Unless you're Christian Nade :greengrin

For every artist in a team, there needs to be a couple of decorators. Rankin might not be as flashy as a Zouma, Deek or Stokes, but as you say, he does what he's meant to do. Run.

:agree: The exception that proves the rule.

Nade has only stayed in the game because of a high-level conspiracy between the SFA, McDonalds, KFC, Burger King, Subway and an obscure German firm who make the liquid cheese that goes in the cheese-filled crusts in Aldi pizzas :agree:

heidtheba
22-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Well Harper - missed the first 5-0 demolition of Dundee united although I was at the second one - just before new year I think.
Do remember Basile Boli pechin after him.
Always liked wee crunchie and I was at the Aberdeen game when Lennon played a stormer and I thought we'd found a McAllister clone - both in looks and in style...
that help a bit?

heidtheba
22-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Aint too hot on away games although I was at Tannadice for a 3-0 defeat - went on the Leith hibs bus and sat behind someone on the waccy baccy. Think we were three down at half time but every one was quite chilled about it...

ronaldo7
22-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Well Harper - missed the first 5-0 demolition of Dundee united although I was at the second one - just before new year I think.
Do remember Basile Boli pechin after him.
Always liked wee crunchie and I was at the Aberdeen game when Lennon played a stormer and I thought we'd found a McAllister clone - both in looks and in style...
that help a bit?

Wee Kev was a class act. Remember him scoring a cracker against the yams:thumbsup:

heidtheba
22-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Yeah I had a wee model of him as a keyring (Corinthians). I'd have loved Hibs to have had him back rather than Dunfermline (sod those 'we want Tam' back threads) and hes not with a club but the wife battering allegations ruined that for me.

I'll never forget the lob he did to O'Neill for a goal against Motherwell.

So sorry if that comment caused problems it really wasn't meant to. Was a warning. I'm a lapsed hibby - not a Yam.

RoYO!
22-08-2009, 08:58 PM

Rankin's a mess of a footballer. Other than two dead ball deliveries he was a mess again today. The fact that he is 1000 times better than I ever was doesn't alter the position one jot.

He falls very comfortably into the easily replaceable category. So, let's do it.

ahhh i think it was you that branded him terrible, no? "mess of a footballer" is a ridiculous thing to say imo, cant really be bothered getting into it with you so thats all i'll say. as you seem to indulge in winding ppl up- from what ive seen.

steviehfc
22-08-2009, 08:59 PM
what does fwiw mean?Freemason Walter, intolerable w**ker.

Kaiser1962
22-08-2009, 09:01 PM

File Transfer Protocol

Robinho08
22-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Heard some folk say they'd have preferred Ian Black. But I like JR and agree with most comments on this thread about him.

Tomsk
22-08-2009, 09:03 PM
ahhh i think it was you that branded him terrible, no? "mess of a footballer" is a ridiculous thing to say imo, cant really be bothered getting into it with you so thats all i'll say. as you seem to indulge in winding ppl up- from what ive seen.

Just to quote one of your earlier posts:

maybe they just dont come on here when hibs win

And it's me that's on the wind-up? Did I start a thread hoping that I would get a negative reaction?

Mibbes Aye
22-08-2009, 09:13 PM

I suppose my point is that Rankin is good enough to seem to be a stick-on for Hughes, just as he was for Mixu. He brings something to the table from the manager's point of view that others don't. My view is that we could do better, but then again I would say that about every position in the team.

You're right, he's not irreplaceable. I just don't like the way some folk post about a player who would run rings around them on a fives court, as if he was some sort of huddy who damages the club simply by being on the pitch. He's not. He's a professional footballer who has got to the level he has and it's not by accident.

We've got an obvious opportunity to improve as a team - new manager with a decent squad to work with, and a bit of money to spend. And the last couple of windows seem to indicate we're in a position to actively improve. If we can do better than Rankin then we have that capacity - whether the manager chooses to do so will tell its own story :dunno:

RoYO!
22-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Just to quote one of your earlier posts:

maybe they just dont come on here when hibs win

And it's me that's on the wind-up? Did I start a thread hoping that I would get a negative reaction?

Hoping that there would be a negative reaction and thinking that there would be a negative reaction are two totally different things. read my posts and you'll see what my opinion of Rankin is.

so before you try to make a point read the post properly

sboothibs
22-08-2009, 11:44 PM
IMO Rankin works very hard for the cause and can often be seen as an easy target. Very Good grafter last season and now with a good manager who can tell. Still in the team so must be doing something right.

He's a Hibs player so I will support him. :flag:

Liberal Hibby
23-08-2009, 12:01 AM
I suppose my point is that Rankin is good enough to seem to be a stick-on for Hughes, just as he was for Mixu. He brings something to the table from the manager's point of view that others don't. My view is that we could do better, but then again I would say that about every position in the team.

You're right, he's not irreplaceable. I just don't like the way some folk post about a player who would run rings around them on a fives court, as if he was some sort of huddy who damages the club simply by being on the pitch. He's not. He's a professional footballer who has got to the level he has and it's not by accident.

We've got an obvious opportunity to improve as a team - new manager with a decent squad to work with, and a bit of money to spend. And the last couple of windows seem to indicate we're in a position to actively improve. If we can do better than Rankin then we have that capacity - whether the manager chooses to do so will tell its own story :dunno:

That I think is the point. And one that I also think may mean that Mixu may not be seen in quite the negative light he has been.

Mixu clearly knew we needed a better midfield after losing Boozy, Thompson and Brown (and some of Collins's more eclectic signings) - only Rankin of his signings made the grade and I suspect of the numerous ex-Falkirk players signed by Hughes a similar number will do so too.