PDA

View Full Version : Manager Interviews

down-the-slope
22-08-2009, 04:59 PM
One of the biggest changes has been in manager interviews..

Today Yogi says 'I have seen us better...but picking up the 3 points was the important thing'

As compared to a typical Mixu

'we were magnificent today and the boys passed it well' after another turgid defeat/ draw

We the fans are not daft (well most of us most of the time :wink:) and its good to be treated as if we do have an understanding of what we are watching

Hibbyradge
22-08-2009, 05:01 PM
:agree: Yogi has always been fair in his assessment of games. This is something I noticed when he was at Falkirk.

Always respectful of other players and managers too.

He is well respected, even by a lot of Jambos because of this, despite his Hibby credentials.

NaeTechnoHibby
22-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Actually a very interesting thread :thumbsup:

When we compare our various past managers, there are some real 'character' insights, are there not:

Alex Miller - I lost all hearing faculties near the end of his tenure as it always sounded like blah, blah, blah :blah: win or lose.

Jim Duffy - It wisnae my fault :bitchy:

Alex McLeish - One of our most ungracious managers, and was the same at Rangers, with very much the Alex Ferguson mentality of "dinnae gie anyone any credit" win, lose or draw, except your team, which is fine for a while but sometimes it's cringeworthy :agree:

Sauzee - Since Scottish was his 3rd/4th language he sounded brill at all times, and unlike Eck, far too gracious :greengrin

Bobby Williamson - It was everyone elses' fault and we were hard done by :rolleyes:

Tony Mowbray - Upbeat and always gracious yet his "If we can keep control of the football, we'll win more games than we lose" mantra was his reasons for his graciousness to others too "They kept hold of the football!" was sometimes unpalatable, especially his games at the start of the season against the Yams under Levein and Burley :duck:

John Collins - He was sometimes over the top and brutal "We played ever so well" and "We were poor, absolutely poor" - far too honest at times for his own good :agree:

Mixu Paatelainen - Overegged everything about us, and good oan him, but unfortunately there was nothing suggesting it could be backed up :boo hoo:

John Hughes - Calls it like it is, so far :top marks

Just IMHO likes ... over to you lot ...

Sir David Gray
22-08-2009, 06:39 PM
I just love hearing John Hughes speak about Hibs and football in general. He is a very honest man and people will respect him for that.

I was actually thinking earlier how his comments compared to Mixu's post match analysis last year.

John Hughes was honest enough to say that it wasn't the best performance that we'll ever put in but that he was happy with the three points.

Whereas we played a lot worse than that last season and Mixu would come out saying that we were fantastic.

Corstorphine Hibby
22-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Actually a very interesting thread :thumbsup:

When we compare our various past managers, there are some real 'character' insights, are there not:

Alex Miller - I lost all hearing faculties near the end of his tenure as it always sounded like blah, blah, blah :blah: win or lose.

Jim Duffy - It wisnae my fault :bitchy:

Alex McLeish - One of our most ungracious managers, and was the same at Rangers, with very much the Alex Ferguson mentality of "dinnae gie anyone any credit" win, lose or draw, except your team, which is fine for a while but sometimes it's cringeworthy :agree:

Sauzee - Since Scottish was his 3rd/4th language he sounded brill at all times, and unlike Eck, far too gracious :greengrin

Bobby Williamson - It was everyone elses' fault and we were hard done by :rolleyes:

Tony Mowbray - Upbeat and always gracious yet his "If we can keep control of the football, we'll win more games than we lose" mantra was his reasons for his graciousness to others too "They kept hold of the football!" was sometimes unpalatable, especially his games at the start of the season against the Yams under Levein and Burley :duck:

John Collins - He was sometimes over the top and brutal "We played ever so well" and "We were poor, absolutely poor" - far too honest at times for his own good :agree:

Mixu Paatelainen - Overegged everything about us, and good oan him, but unfortunately there was nothing suggesting it could be backed up :boo hoo:

John Hughes - Calls it like it is, so far :top marks

Just IMHO likes ... over to you lot ...

Only two of the above mentioned managers have ever won a trophy as managers.

So is the most important thing talking the talk or walking the walk?

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2009, 08:06 PM

I think it's important to be able to talk and walk.

But then, Phil Collins and his cronies couldn't manage that so it probably doesn't matter all that much.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The above post was sponsored by Stella Artois.

NaeTechnoHibby
22-08-2009, 08:18 PM

To be fair, I played down John Colliins as for me he was brill :thumbsup:

At the end of his tenure he was still lauding us :thumbsup:

hibbie02
22-08-2009, 08:58 PM
To be fair, I played down John Colliins as for me he was brill :thumbsup:

At the end of his tenure he was still lauding us :thumbsup:

That's cos you fancy um! :cool2: