PDA

View Full Version : Ratings Falkirk v Hibernian

Davy Mac
22-08-2009, 03:50 PM
An non-attending ESPN viewer of the game today:

Maka 6 - Handling much better, a bit unconventional at times.

DVZ 6 - I thought he did okay TBH, but erse ripped for Falkirk goal.
Hanlon 6 - Played better as the game wore on. Big future
Hogg 4 - Really struggled, not the same since his injury at ER.
Bamba 7 - Fantastic attitude, wanted it more than antone else. :agree:

Rankin 6 - Poor first, much improved in the 2nd, faultless commitment.
Cregg 5 - Quiet game but hustled whenever necessary
McBride 6 - Nice black eye, looks up for a scrap

Deeks 7 - Top player, quiet at times but can turn a game instantly. MOM
Nish 5 - Rough day, cannae be too critical. Better games ahead for him
Stokes 6 - Looks a player, technically gifted. Wonderful addition.

Benji 3 - Good to see him back
Wotherspoon - 2 A wee bit unlucky to be dropped.

Ref 4 - Honking IMO but there you go.
Yogi 7 - Yogi's is slowly installing a swagger about Hibs again. Love his interviews as he frequently talks Hibs up.

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 03:54 PM

Yogi 7 - Yogi's is slowly installing a swagger about Hibs again. Love his interviews as he frequently talks Hibs up.

He was a bombscare again today.. It won't be long before Stack is between the sticks...

ronaldo7
22-08-2009, 03:56 PM

Lucky to get a 4 imo. Flashed the cards too quickly for a mans game. You can't seem to tackle these days but the ref's brandishing his cards:grr:

Si_17
22-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Hogg was poor, but rating him worse than vaz Zanten is laughable. Absolute joke of a player.

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Hogg was poor, but rating him worse than vaz Zanten is laughable. Absolute joke of a player.

DVZ is dreadful.. He should've been punted along with Chisholm.. The quicker McCann is match fit the better...

Johnny_hfc
22-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Maka 5 - His handling is shocking, can he catch a ball? Never came off his line.

DVZ 5 - Done ok, a little light but got forward at times.
Hanlon 6 - He was not bad, stable but nothing more.
Hogg 6 - Not very good in the air, but won a share of tackles.
Bamba 8 - Good game, should stop picking up pointless bookings.

Rankin 6 - Worked hard and some nice touches.
Cregg 6 - Good engine, a little quiet at times but a great signing.
McBride 6 - Done the simple things right, decent game.

Deeks 7 - Quiet game but scored two good goals.
Nish 6 - Done well in the air both attacking and defending, not much else though.
Stokes 7 - Done well, could of scored. Worked hard.

cleanyman
22-08-2009, 04:04 PM
He was a bombscare again today.. It won't be long before Stack is between the sticks...

How exactly? No chance with the goal, only conceded one goal. Made some fine saves, thats all i want from a Hibernian goalkeeper. Came out, claimed corners, some he didnt. Meh.

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 04:08 PM
How exactly? No chance with the goal, only conceded one goal. Made some fine saves, thats all i want from a Hibernian goalkeeper. Came out, claimed corners, some he didnt. Meh.

Did you watch the game ??? Punching when it was easier to catch... He came for one that went straight through the hands... One near the end at the back post when under pressure , the easiest thing to do would be jump and claim it , instead he flapped and we got away with it...

cleanyman
22-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Did you watch the game ??? Punching when it was easier to catch... He came for one that went straight through the hands... One near the end at the back post when under pressure , the easiest thing to do would be jump and claim it , instead he flapped and we got away with it...

Yes, i was there. Youre too harsh, lets forget about the good things, he made some fine saves you just ignore that and talk about a cross he missed.

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Yes, i was there. Youre too harsh, lets forget about the good things, he made some fine saves you just ignore that and talk about a cross he missed.

Not harsh mate .. Honest ..........

Let's just talk about the good things and bury our head in the sand and forget about the mistakes he makes that could cost us later on in the season...

Hibs Spain
22-08-2009, 04:16 PM
How exactly? No chance with the goal, only conceded one goal. Made some fine saves, thats all i want from a Hibernian goalkeeper. Came out, claimed corners, some he didnt. Meh.These two or three on here today saying he was a bombscare,can't catch etc etc are at the wind-up mate... There's no other explanation. I was at the game and can't remember him dropping a single ball that anyone would ordinarily have been expected tp catch!! They've obviously made their minds up that he's crap and just blurt out the same drivel every time they mention him :agree:

cleanyman
22-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Not harsh mate .. Honest ..........

Let's just talk about the good things and bury our head in the sand and forget about the mistakes he makes that could cost us later on in the season...

Youre on the wind up, we could talk about Stokes miss or Nish's miss but no, lets blame Maka for making a mistake(In your opinion) which didnt even lead to a goal. Your footballing point is totally worthless.

Sylar
22-08-2009, 04:25 PM
First half, we were lucky not to be buried and out of the game. Van Zanten's defending for their opener was nothing short of shambolic and Hogg failed to help him, when he was obviously in trouble. Hogg missed too many balls in the air today, but got better as the game progressed. Bamba was a lucky boy to stay on the park, although the referee was FAR too card-happy today. Nish was appalling until the last 10 minutes, when he started holding the ball up and creating a few chances.

Maka - 5 - made some good stops at 2-1, and another good save at 3-1, but the goal slipped under his arms and his handling was poor on occassion. He needs to be much more commanding at set plays

Van Zanten - 4 - defensively, he was a time-bomb today - poor marking, appalling pressing and 100% at fault for their opener. I though he looked OK going forward, but a lot of their attacks came from our right. We SERIOUSLY need to find someone else to take this position.

Hogg - 5 - again, was poor for the majority of the game, although became visibly more controlled when we took the lead. He wants too much time on the ball, and gets caught too frequently. He needs to communicate more with those around him and start winning more 50/50 balls, particularly in the air! He should have provided some cover for Van Zanten at their opener.

Bamba - 6.5 - the most composed out of the back 4, but boy was he lucky to stay on the pitch! I didn't see the incident clearly on their touchline, but even so, he made 2 or 3 fouls following his booking. Having said that, I also though he looked a better player following his booking, perversely enough! He has superb command in the air, and if there's any fault I'd give him, it's that he tends to play too tightly to opposition attacking players, thus giving him little room for error. Superb leap for the equaliser!

Hanlon - 6 - got up and down the line well, but is a bit too lightweight in the tackle. He shirked out of a few 50/50's, and again, this gifted Falkirk an avenue from which to attack. His delivery into the box in the first half was appalling.

Cregg - 7 - tried to get the ball down, and passed it around well - again, in the first half, his tackling was very poor on occasion, and he was caught out of position. I think he would benefit from someone like Zemmama, taking the attacking pressure off of him, thus allowing Cregg to play the holding role.

McBride - 6 - a less than convincing outing for me. His tackling was very ill-timed, and I felt that he too, was lucky to stay on the park. He should have been booked for his heavy tackle in the centre of the park in the early period of the game (going by what others were getting carded for anyway!), in addition to his yellow card. Once the game moved on, he settled a wee bit, but gave the ball away a wee bit too regularly.

Rankin - 7 - although a little bit anonymous at times, I thought he kept his head and made some important clearances from around the box when we were under the cosh. Managed to distribute the ball a little better in the second half, and produced a superb delivery from set-pieces (namely for the 2nd goal, and the near miss for Stokes on the line).

Nish - 4/5 - done absolutely nothing for me today, and along with Van Zanten, were contenders for the worst players in a Hibs shirt today. I understand his role, in trying to act as a target man, to knock the ball down for Stokes and Riordan, but I lost count of how many times the ball came in his direction, and he failed to get off the ground. His miss, even though he was offside, was nothing short of embarassing! He improved in the last 10 minutes though, holding the ball up well, winning balls in the air and laying into the midfield, and was unlucky not to score, after leaving Barr standing!

Riordan - 8 - scored 2 fantastic goals and showed some superb movement across the park today - I'm excited by the prospect of him and Stokes, as they found each other well in the channels today. His passing was errant on occassion, but on the whole, he had a pretty solid game. He even came back to help out the defense in times of need.

Stokes - 8 - really excited by Stokes - his vision, touch and awareness was second to none, and although he looked like he was lacking a little of match sharpness, maintained a solid performance to the end. A couple of games to build his prowess in front of goal, and I reckon he'll be a fantastic buy for us this year.

Subs:

Benji - 6.5 - First few minutes, I was thinking "dear God, he's sauntering ever so slightly", but he picked up and showed some good touches, vision and an eye for goal. His effort from the edge of the box, after turning 3 players was class, and he was unlucky his shot was stopped. If we can keep him fit, he'll provide another good option (perhaps ahead of Nish!)

Wotherspoon - Being honest, most of his time was spent defending their attacks into our box, as the game drew out, and he was far enough away that I didn't really notice his contributions. He certainly didn't do much wrong from what I do remember!

Ref - 3 - shocking performance by a ref I usually like! He was far too card happy, and I'm stunned we ended up with 22 men on the park!

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Youre on the wind up, we could talk about Stokes miss or Nish's miss but no, lets blame Maka for making a mistake(In your opinion) which didnt even lead to a goal. Your footballing point is totally worthless.

In MY opinion , if the goalie comes from a cross and the ball goes through his hands , isn't that a mistake ??? :confused::confused::confused:

It doesn't matter if it leads to a goal or not, what happens if it leads to a goal the next time and ends up costing us a point or a match ???

Hibs Spain
22-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Did you watch the game ??? Punching when it was easier to catch... He came for one that went straight through the hands... One near the end at the back post when under pressure , the easiest thing to do would be jump and claim it , instead he flapped and we got away with it...Is that the one he punched about 35 yds when there was a ruck of players all going for a header from a corner? And what one near the end? :bye:

Hibs90
22-08-2009, 04:32 PM
In MY opinion , if the goalie comes from a cross and the ball goes through his hands , isn't that a mistake ??? :confused::confused::confused:

Okay then so what did you think about Stoke's 2 misses? 2 mistakes? so going by your logic Stokes is pish.

Away and watch Man City :bye::wink:

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Okay then so what did you think about Stoke's 2 misses? 2 mistakes? so going by your logic Stokes is pish.

Away and watch Man City :bye::wink:

That's down to lack of games.. Anybody could see that...

I did watch Man City today and Adebayor was great.... Bit hairy near the end but we still won... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

cleanyman
22-08-2009, 04:35 PM

It doesn't matter if it leads to a goal or not, what happens if it leads to a goal the next time and ends up costing us a point or a match ???

Youve just completely ignored what ive said regarding the other end of the field. Im sorry if Maka isnt as good as Shay Given.

Hibs90
22-08-2009, 04:36 PM
I did watch Man City today and Adebayor was great.... Bit hairy near the end but we still won... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

So you think Stokes is pish then?

ronaldo7
22-08-2009, 04:37 PM
First half, we were lucky not to be buried and out of the game. Van Zanten's defending for their opener was nothing short of shambolic and Hogg failed to help him, when he was obviously in trouble. Hogg missed too many balls in the air today, but got better as the game progressed. Bamba was a lucky boy to stay on the park, although the referee was FAR too card-happy today. Nish was appalling until the last 10 minutes, when he started holding the ball up and creating a few chances.

Maka - 5 - made some good stops at 2-1, and another good save at 3-1, but the goal slipped under his arms and his handling was poor on occassion. He needs to be much more commanding at set plays

Van Zanten - 4 - defensively, he was a time-bomb today - poor marking, appalling pressing and 100% at fault for their opener. I though he looked OK going forward, but a lot of their attacks came from our right. We SERIOUSLY need to find someone else to take this position.

Hogg - 5 - again, was poor for the majority of the game, although became visibly more controlled when we took the lead. He wants too much time on the ball, and gets caught too frequently. He needs to communicate more with those around him and start winning more 50/50 balls, particularly in the air! He should have provided some cover for Van Zanten at their opener.

Bamba - 6.5 - the most composed out of the back 4, but boy was he lucky to stay on the pitch! I didn't see the incident clearly on their touchline, but even so, he made 2 or 3 fouls following his booking. Having said that, I also though he looked a better player following his booking, perversely enough! He has superb command in the air, and if there's any fault I'd give him, it's that he tends to play too tightly to opposition attacking players, thus giving him little room for error. Superb leap for the equaliser!

Hanlon - 6 - got up and down the line well, but is a bit too lightweight in the tackle. He shirked out of a few 50/50's, and again, this gifted Falkirk an avenue from which to attack. His delivery into the box in the first half was appalling.

Cregg - 7 - tried to get the ball down, and passed it around well - again, in the first half, his tackling was very poor on occasion, and he was caught out of position. I think he would benefit from someone like Zemmama, taking the attacking pressure off of him, thus allowing Cregg to play the holding role.

McBride - 6 - a less than convincing outing for me. His tackling was very ill-timed, and I felt that he too, was lucky to stay on the park. He should have been booked for his heavy tackle in the centre of the park in the early period of the game (going by what others were getting carded for anyway!), in addition to his yellow card. Once the game moved on, he settled a wee bit, but gave the ball away a wee bit too regularly.

Rankin - 7 - although a little bit anonymous at times, I thought he kept his head and made some important clearances from around the box when we were under the cosh. Managed to distribute the ball a little better in the second half, and produced a superb delivery from set-pieces (namely for the 2nd goal, and the near miss for Stokes on the line).

Nish - 4/5 - done absolutely nothing for me today, and along with Van Zanten, were contenders for the worst players in a Hibs shirt today. I understand his role, in trying to act as a target man, to knock the ball down for Stokes and Riordan, but I lost count of how many times the ball came in his direction, and he failed to get off the ground. His miss, even though he was offside, was nothing short of embarassing! He improved in the last 10 minutes though, holding the ball up well, winning balls in the air and laying into the midfield, and was unlucky not to score, after leaving Barr standing!

Riordan - 8 - scored 2 fantastic goals and showed some superb movement across the park today - I'm excited by the prospect of him and Stokes, as they found each other well in the channels today. His passing was errant on occassion, but on the whole, he had a pretty solid game. He even came back to help out the defense in times of need.

Stokes - 8 - really excited by Stokes - his vision, touch and awareness was second to none, and although he looked like he was lacking a little of match sharpness, maintained a solid performance to the end. A couple of games to build his prowess in front of goal, and I reckon he'll be a fantastic buy for us this year.

Subs:

Benji - 6.5 - First few minutes, I was thinking "dear God, he's sauntering ever so slightly", but he picked up and showed some good touches, vision and an eye for goal. His effort from the edge of the box, after turning 3 players was class, and he was unlucky his shot was stopped. If we can keep him fit, he'll provide another good option (perhaps ahead of Nish!)

Wotherspoon - Being honest, most of his time was spent defending their attacks into our box, as the game drew out, and he was far enough away that I didn't really notice his contributions. He certainly didn't do much wrong from what I do remember!

Ref - 3 - shocking performance by a ref I usually like! He was far too card happy, and I'm stunned we ended up with 22 men on the park!

Maka punched a few shots/crosses today whereas he hasn't in the past. Is this the new coaching from Mr Thomson at HTC?

Bamba needs to stop going up for headers with his hands in the air or we'll suffer a few penalties in future matches. Otherwise had a great game.

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 04:37 PM
So you think Stokes is pish then?

He's just short of games.. His sharpness isn't there yet.... Anyway , Stokes isn't the goalie......

Hibs90
22-08-2009, 04:39 PM
He's just short of games.. His sharpness isn't there yet.... Anyway , Stokes isn't the goalie......

Deek doesn't do anything. He lost the ball at least 3 times today from what I remember. He pish aswell?

Give it a rest on the Maka bashing. He ain't no world class goalkeeper (yet:wink:) but he is better than you think. What do you think about the good saves he made today? The way he is communicating with his defenders more?

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Deek doesn't do anything. He lost the ball at least 3 times today from what I remember. He pish aswell?

Give it a rest on the Maka bashing. He ain't no world class goalkeeper (yet:wink:) but he is better than you think. What do you think about the good saves he made today? The way he is communicating with his defenders more?

Deek's a luxury player.. He can do great things.. Every team can afford to have one.... We have Deek.. Rangers have Boyd...

The saves were good yeah.. With Jones away he's came out of his shell and is brilliant at talking to the defence... Just a shame he flaps at the majority of things...

Hibs90
22-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Deek's a luxury player.. He can do great things.. Every team can afford to have one.... We have Deek.. Rangers have Boyd...

The saves were good yeah.. With Jones away he's came out of his shell and is brilliant at talking to the defence... Just a shame he flaps at the majority of things...

He flapped twice at most today I think. Caught everything else he went for. He aint perfect.

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 04:44 PM
He flapped twice at most today I think. Caught everything else he went for. He aint perfect.

You're right about that............

Hibs90
22-08-2009, 04:45 PM
You're right about that............

Well you go and offer your services lets see if you can do a better job?

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Well you go and offer your services lets see if you can do a better job?

I think Graham Stack might be a better option....

cleanyman
22-08-2009, 04:46 PM

And your expertees are?

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 04:47 PM
And your expertees are?

?????????

Hibs Spain
22-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Did you watch the game ??? Punching when it was easier to catch... He came for one that went straight through the hands... One near the end at the back post when under pressure , the easiest thing to do would be jump and claim it , instead he flapped and we got away with it...Which one went straight through his hands?

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Which one went straight through his hands?

The ball came in from the Falkirk right hand side and he rose to catch it.... He let the ball go straight through his hands and out of play....

Hibs90
22-08-2009, 04:49 PM
?????????

Have you seen Stack play a few games and can you confirm he is better than Maka?

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Have you seen Stack play a few games and can you confirm he is better than Maka?

No idea mate.. Only one way to find out... Play him on Wednesday....

Greenway
22-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Youve just completely ignored what ive said regarding the other end of the field. Im sorry if Maka isnt as good as Shay Given.

I do like Maka and think that he's a good player, but it is difficult to ignore some of his strange decisions. He comes for balls he should take easily, yet misjudges it far too often. He also punches when catching would seem by far the easiest option. He a big guy but he does seem very soft at times.

Having said all that he does produce some cracking saves and his good distribution gets us moving quickly up the park. A good keeper in the making, but needs to dominate his box much more effectively if he's going to stay our number one.

--------
22-08-2009, 04:52 PM
These two or three on here today saying he was a bombscare,can't catch etc etc are at the wind-up mate... There's no other explanation. I was at the game and can't remember him dropping a single ball that anyone would ordinarily have been expected tp catch!! They've obviously made their minds up that he's crap and just blurt out the same drivel every time they mention him :agree:

Totally agree. He looked a wee bit edgy at times today, but he dealt with everything that came to him without any alarms going off, and some of his work was outstanding. But I wish he would be more vocal at times.

The guy who SHOULD be getting pelters tonight is DVZ - his marking is awful - non-existent at times; he was dreadfully at fault for their goal, and AWOL far too often for safety. Ball-watching, too. He has no presence and playing with him at RB was like playing a man short.

But hey - it's full time and I have a keyboard in front of me. Time to switch off the brain and get stuck into the goalie again.

Subs:

Pretty much accurate assessment IMO. But I'd give Maka 6, and DVZ 3 and even at that I'm being generous to him.

Playing Stokes, Riordan and Nish left us thin in midfield, though. That was where the main problem was, IMO, and if we try anything like that next Sunday, Celtic will murder us.

Hibs90
22-08-2009, 04:52 PM

How can you say he is the better option then? :confused:

Thecat23
22-08-2009, 04:54 PM
I like the big man and i think he can and prob will be a good keeper. But he does do silly things that really should be routine. Twice the ball came in and instead of either Punching or push the ball down then grab it, he just palmed it away in the middle of the box.

If he thinks he can't hold it then punch it clear.. A goalkeeper coach should always be telling him this or any keeper to be fair.

Just my opinion and i'm not one of these guys who thinks the big man should be dropped but he really needs to erase these very basic errors from his game.

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 04:54 PM
How can you say he is the better option then? :confused:

He'd be better than me that's for sure....

Hibs90
22-08-2009, 04:55 PM
He'd be better than me that's for sure....

How can you say he is a better option than Maka though?

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Totally agree. He looked a wee bit edgy at times today, but he dealt with everything that came to him without any alarms going off, and some of his work was outstanding. But I wish he would be more vocal at times.

The guy who SHOULD be getting pelters tonight is DVZ - his marking is awful - non-existent at times; he was dreadfully at fault for their goal, and AWOL far too often for safety. Ball-watching, too. He has no presence and playing with him at RB was like playing a man short.

But hey - it's full time and I have a keyboard in front of me. Time to switch off the brain and get stuck into the goalie again.

Pretty much accurate assessment IMO. But I'd give Maka 6, and DVZ 3 and even at that I'm being generous to him.

Playing Stokes, Riordan and Nish left us thin in midfield, though. That was where the main problem was, IMO, and if we try anything like that next Sunday, Celtic will murder us.

Hibs will have to be more cautious next week.. Maybe Hughes will drop Stokes and put Wetherspoon back in , thus going 4-4-2.. McGeady and Maloney seem to have license to do what they want just now so we will have to be wary of them...

cleanyman
22-08-2009, 04:58 PM
The ball came in from the Falkirk right hand side and he rose to catch it.... He let the ball go straight through his hands and out of play....

So it went out of play? Please leave.

Spike Mandela
22-08-2009, 04:58 PM
All this talk of Maka but the Falkirk goalie had an absolute stinker!

Flapped at the first, he and his defence made to look silly at the second and his positioning for the third was an absolute joke just invited Deeks to aim for the massive gap he left.

Kello midweek got praised for keeping the score down in the papers but absolutely flapped at the first and didn't cover himself in glory at the others.

Maka doesn't get a break IMO.

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 04:59 PM

He got away with it this time.. All it takes is for somebody to be at the back post and he has a free header to an open goal....

Hibs90
22-08-2009, 05:00 PM
He got away with it this time.. All it takes is for somebody to be at the back post and he has a free header to an open goal....

:faf::bye:

ancient hibee
22-08-2009, 05:00 PM

What rubbish-Riordan a luxury player-he's our top goalscorer-do you know anything about football?

woody47
22-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Maka 6 - did what was needed.

DVZ 1 -punt him now. Absolute garbage
Hanlon 5 - Caught out of position a few times but did enough
Hogg 4 - Captain's armband is wearing heavy on him.
Bamba 8 - Won everything.

Rankin 6 - No problem with commitment but doesn't have enough skill in midfield.
Cregg 5 - Did OK
McBride 6 - Likes to get stuck in

Deeks 7 - Does what Deek does. scores
Nish 2 - Why we stick with him is beyond me.
Stokes 6 - Looks a good addition.

Benji 3 - Did more in 15 mins than Nish did whole game
Wotherspoon - 2 Hassled a lot.

Ref 1 - Joke -hardly a bad tackle but managed to book more than half the team.

500miles
22-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Maka - Was most likely unsighted for the goal, and handled everything else when needed. Punching was better. Would like to see Stack get a crack. 6

DVZ - Ive said it before, the man is the definition of the word meh. Generally solid, but somewhat liable for the goal, although he done well getting into an unusually advanced position to win a freekick for our second. A bit of a mixed bag. 6

Bamba - Needs to keep the heid, because he is potentially a fantastic player. Better than Burley could dream anyway, the snide, greasy wee diddy. Good goal. 7

Hogg - Had a stinker. Will hopefully find form - too used to being lead by Jones for the last couple of years, so it will take a bit of readjustment. If not, Thicot, Hanlon, McCormack and Moyes are waiting for a chance. 5

Hanlon - Done quite well I thought, certainly better than last week, under a lot more pressure. Could have driven forward more, but may have felt exposed by the narrow midfield. 6

Rankin - Typically tenacious and unwavering in his energy packed approach to the game. Good delivery for Riordan's first, and had a general all-round good game. 7 MOM

McBride - Found himself under a lot of pressure, and coped OK. Tactically I felt he was left a bit isolated, and this lead to a couple of loose passes, and poor tackles. However, I saw enough here to remain encouraged by him. 6

Cregg - Fell in and out of the game, some good tackles and passes, but needs to stamp his authority on the game more. Understandable in a 3 man midfield though. 6

Stokes - Energetic, but clearly rusty. Got into some good positions, has a turn of pace at times, that gives him an advantage over defenders, and doesn't seem to be bullied. Wasted a couple of good oppertunites, the one being laid on by Nish being the most clear cut. Plenty to be optimistic about. 6

Riordan - Got the goals today. However, too often he was wasteful in possession and failed to beat his man. Doesn't suit the 4-3-3 IMO, because he leaves the wide areas too exposed. A man of his talent should be dictating play for the full ninety minutes, and if Stokes find his scoring boots anytime soon Riordan may struggle to get a starting place. Until he scored he was heading for a 5, but every goal deserves credit, so today he will recieve 7.

Nish - Looking at the role Nish is asked to play, he clearly has an unenviable task. He got kicked and pushed and had to fight for everything he got today. An excellent ball to stokes, finally got his reward for all the battling he does with CH's at the freekick, and picked up the ball in deep areas and tried to play it out wide - let down badly by DVZ on one occassion when he simply stopped running and Nish made the pass, making him look a bit daft. Good guy to have when defending set pieces as well. 6

SUBS -

Benji - Came close. His skill and intelligent play may compliment Stokes pace and finishing (when he's back at full pelt). 3

Wotherspoon - Asked to play a more defensive role that doesn't really suit him. Some neat touches. 2

Tactically today, I was generally happy with the team when I saw it announced. However, as the game progressed, I noticed that Riordan lacks the engine to play wide in a front 3, and the presence to play centrally. It leaves us exposed down the flanks and our midfield too isolated from the attack. It gave the midfield an awful lot of ground to cover, and this was no doubt a factor in some of the poor passing and late challenges. I would like to adopt a 4-4-2, which would leave a couple of disappointed players, but give us lots of options for changing the game with subs and would make us a more cohesive unit.

Taz_hibee
22-08-2009, 05:07 PM

So if Stack plays against Brechin and drops a couple of cross's or worse is at fault for a goal what will all you Maka haters do then, get over it he is a decent keeper and there were a lot worse players out there today than Maka.

Also, having watched on tv the goal was not under his hands he got no were near it cause it was a cracking strike

Littlest Hobo
22-08-2009, 05:08 PM

Maka 5-Done ok. Missed one cross completely and got away with it and failed to come out and catch another. Hesitation. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. SOONER HE IS DROPPED THE BETTER.

DVZ 3-This boy is absolutely mince, how did he make it as a footballer?
Hanlon -6 Done ok.
Hogg 4 - Not good enough, needs the armband taken off him and punted ASAP. Any replacement will do.
Bamba - Had a very good game today. Could have turned into a disaster by being sent off though. Needs to learn that he can't kick and header every ball. Needs to think more before diving into tackles. Bright future though.

Rankin-5 non existent for me, apart from the free kick that led to the goal.
Cregg 5 - Non existent.
McBride-5 Non existent

Deeks -7 Good two goals. No service whatsoever!
Nish 6 - Works his socks off. No service.
Stokes 6 - A wee bit of quality. Unlucky today with his finishing but I'm sure it wont be long before he scores.

Benji 3 - Looks hungry again, long may it continue.
Wotherspoon - Should have played from the start for me.
Ref 4 - Rubbish
Yogi-4 I'd give him a four today. Thought his tactics didn't work at all and if we're being honest here that was a stinking performance from a Hibs team that couldn't string two passes together. How we won today is anyone's guess. Must do better!:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2009, 05:08 PM
These two or three on here today saying he was a bombscare,can't catch etc etc are at the wind-up mate... There's no other explanation. I was at the game and can't remember him dropping a single ball that anyone would ordinarily have been expected tp catch!! They've obviously made their minds up that he's crap and just blurt out the same drivel every time they mention him :agree:

I have not made my mind up about him. He does some great things, although does flap a bit too. DVZ showed the player inside for their goal, he should have done better in stopping the shot, but Maka should have saved it imho. Too slow to get down, a shot he should have saved. Not to mention the amount of times he flapped and punched when easier to catch, well it would be for a normal keeper. I said it last week, Stack will be No 1 within 5 weeks now.

Taz_hibee
22-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Maka - Was most likely unsighted for the goal, and handled everything else when needed. Punching was better. Would like to see Stack get a crack. 6
DVZ - Ive said it before, the man is the definition of the word meh. Generally solid, but somewhat liable for the goal, although he done well getting into an unusually advanced position to win a freekick for our second. A bit of a mixed bag. 6

Bamba - Needs to keep the heid, because he is potentially a fantastic player. Better than Burley could dream anyway, the snide, greasy wee diddy. Good goal. 7

Hogg - Had a stinker. Will hopefully find form - too used to being lead by Jones for the last couple of years, so it will take a bit of readjustment. If not, Thicot, Hanlon, McCormack and Moyes are waiting for a chance. 5

Hanlon - Done quite well I thought, certainly better than last week, under a lot more pressure. Could have driven forward more, but may have felt exposed by the narrow midfield. 6

Rankin - Typically tenacious and unwavering in his energy packed approach to the game. Good delivery for Riordan's first, and had a general all-round good game. 7 MOM

McBride - Found himself under a lot of pressure, and coped OK. Tactically I felt he was left a bit isolated, and this lead to a couple of loose passes, and poor tackles. However, I saw enough here to remain encouraged by him. 6

Cregg - Fell in and out of the game, some good tackles and passes, but needs to stamp his authority on the game more. Understandable in a 3 man midfield though. 6

Stokes - Energetic, but clearly rusty. Got into some good positions, has a turn of pace at times, that gives him an advantage over defenders, and doesn't seem to be bullied. Wasted a couple of good oppertunites, the one being laid on by Nish being the most clear cut. Plenty to be optimistic about. 6

Riordan - Got the goals today. However, too often he was wasteful in possession and failed to beat his man. Doesn't suit the 4-3-3 IMO, because he leaves the wide areas too exposed. A man of his talent should be dictating play for the full ninety minutes, and if Stokes find his scoring boots anytime soon Riordan may struggle to get a starting place. Until he scored he was heading for a 5, but every goal deserves credit, so today he will recieve 7.

Nish - Looking at the role Nish is asked to play, he clearly has an unenviable task. He got kicked and pushed and had to fight for everything he got today. An excellent ball to stokes, finally got his reward for all the battling he does with CH's at the freekick, and picked up the ball in deep areas and tried to play it out wide - let down badly by DVZ on one occassion when he simply stopped running and Nish made the pass, making him look a bit daft. Good guy to have when defending set pieces as well. 6
SUBS -

Benji - Came close. His skill and intelligent play may compliment Stokes pace and finishing (when he's back at full pelt). 3

Wotherspoon - Asked to play a more defensive role that doesn't really suit him. Some neat touches. 2

Tactically today, I was generally happy with the team when I saw it announced. However, as the game progressed, I noticed that Riordan lacks the engine to play wide in a front 3, and the presence to play centrally. It leaves us exposed down the flanks and our midfield too isolated from the attack. It gave the midfield an awful lot of ground to cover, and this was no doubt a factor in some of the poor passing and late challenges. I would like to adopt a 4-4-2, which would leave a couple of disappointed players, but give us lots of options for changing the game with subs and would make us a more cohesive unit.

So Maka had a good game and scored a 6 but you want another keeper who you have never seen to replace him :grr: :confused:

Also, sorry mate but you must have watched a different game from me and my mates, Nish was shocking :agree:

Littlest Hobo
22-08-2009, 05:12 PM
I have not made my mind up about him. He does some great things, although does flap a bit too. DVZ showed the player inside for their goal, he should have done better in stopping the shot, but Maka should have saved it imho. Too slow to get down, a shot he should have saved. Not to mention the amount of times he flapped and punched when easier to catch, well it would be for a normal keeper. I said it last week, Stack will be No 1 within 5 weeks now.

:pray:

Hibs90
22-08-2009, 05:13 PM
:pray:

Take it you have seen him play numerous times too and can confidently say he is a better keeper than Maka?

proud_and_green
22-08-2009, 05:19 PM

Absolutely, the goal was DVZ's fault and kept us in the game when the defence were AWOL.

Too much criticism of Maka, look at the other keepers around the SPL, some of them make a lot more mistakes than he does, but he is watched and criticised more because of the history we have had of poor keepers or rather keepers who have made high price and profile mistakes.

Rolly Polly Goalie anyone, or the disaster between the Ha Ha Hawrts sticks?

500miles
22-08-2009, 05:20 PM
So Maka had a good game and scored a 6 but you want another keeper who you have never seen to replace him :grr: :confused:

Also, sorry mate but you must have watched a different game from me and my mates, Nish was shocking :agree:

Maka wasn't at fault for the goal, and didn't let anything else in. However, his judgement on a couple of crosses wasn't great, and his handling should have been better - particularly when he "took the sting" out of the ball by dropping it three or four yards away from him. It wasn't perfect, and It would be nice to see Stack get a chance by easing him in against Brechin - even just so he can get a taste of first team football at Hibs. What's strange about that?:confused:

As for Nish, well some people just don't like him. However, if you have HI, and you listen to last weeks interview with Yogi, I'm sure you'll be given plenty of food for thought. Centre forward can be a thankless task indeed.

Hibs Spain
22-08-2009, 05:20 PM
The ball came in from the Falkirk right hand side and he rose to catch it.... He let the ball go straight through his hands and out of play.... Which part of the game did that happen in .. Cos i never left my seat.. And I'm watching him like a hawk!

sauzee_4
22-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Makalamby - Almost immaculate, until the last 10 where he could have caught a shot, and should have bullied the Falkirk guy away, been more agressive - 7/8

Van Zanten- The sooner he's away the better. I prefer Mccann and Mccormack, but realise he'll be here till we get better in. Gave Flynn too much space for the goal. - 5

Hogg - One eh the worst games I've seen him play for us, too many daft passes/mistakes. He'll get there though. - 5

Bamba - Very good overall. agressive, hard working good goal. - 8

Hanlon - Was only watching on TV but felt he had a quiet game - 6

Rankin - Quiet again. I want him to do well coz he has the right attitude, very rarely influences a game though - 5/6

McBride - Not as good as he's been but still did well. Lack of width maybe reduced his passing options? - 7

Cregg - Put himself about, some good tackles. Again, not as good as he's been - 7

Riordan - How he got man of the match I do not know. Barely touched the ball until his two goals! which ironically I thought were coming because he'd been so quiet. But I'd take that every time - 6

Nish - Poorest game I've seen him play for us, "absolutely atrocious" is an apt description. Think the last few games he's been pretty bad actually and I'm a fan of his. Hopefully he'll come good - 4

Stokes - Doesn't look sharp yet but can see he has ability. Unlucky with a few efforts - 6

500miles
22-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Which part of the game did that happen in .. Cos i never left my seat.. And I'm watching him like a hawk!

A corner. Maka had no chance of catching it, it was too far from his line, and he would have been better not challanging for it. I too believe that Maka gets a lot of unfair stick, but his decision making is suspect at times.

Littlest Hobo
22-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Take it you have seen him play numerous times too and can confidently say he is a better keeper than Maka?

I'm a better keeper than Maka ffs! :greengrin Fair play to you for sticking up for him but i really feel your loyalty is misplaced old boy? I've given him numerous chances, i've seen enough. Get him tae **** :grr: We need four new players in my opinion. Starting with replacing Maka, Hogg, DVZ and we need to bring in a quality midfield player. These are all positions we are weak in. If we want to be the best of the rest we must not except second best. These guys i've mentioned are very poor at what they do in my opinion.

Hibs Spain
22-08-2009, 05:32 PM
A corner. Maka had no chance of catching it, it was too far from his line, and he would have been better not challanging for it. I too believe that Maka gets a lot of unfair stick, but his decision making is suspect at times.Yeh,that was in the first half right in front of me.He had a choice to stay on his line or get a touch to take it off the head of an attacker.As it happens no one came in and the ball went to safety.AND it didn't go through his hands.. He just didn't reach it.. By about a millimetre!

500miles
22-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Yeh,that was in the first half right in front of me.He had a choice to stay on his line or get a touch to take it off the head of an attacker.As it happens no one came in and the ball went to safety.AND it didn't go through his hands.. He just didn't reach it.. By about a millimetre!

Well with the advantage of action replays I can say that he DID touch it, and that it didn't do much to change the direction of the ball. If someone was there, they still would have got the head on it, so Maka would have been better staying on his line.

Hibs Spain
22-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Well with the advantage of action replays I can say that he DID touch it, and that it didn't do much to change the direction of the ball. If someone was there, they still would have got the head on it, so Maka would have been better staying on his line.There's an argument for that but is perfection possible over 90 mins?

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 06:41 PM
:faf::bye:

What do you find so funny ??? The teams we have played haven't been the best. Once we play the better teams we will get punished for these mistakes.. Open your eyes....

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 06:44 PM

Get yourself tae ****.. The guy is a liability and he should be dropped now.... He's had far too many chances and everytime he drops a clanger and costs us.. Last week was just another example...

500miles
22-08-2009, 07:05 PM
There's an argument for that but is perfection possible over 90 mins?

Yes. No handling errors, good decision making at crosses and making the expected saves. Over the course of a season? No.

He made a few mistakes, and should really be looking to limit them more. I'm not saying he's hopeless, but I would like us to be more assured in the GK department.

MrRobot
22-08-2009, 07:07 PM

So did Shama, but everybody absolutely loved the guy.

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 07:10 PM
So did Shama, but everybody absolutely loved the guy.

He had a problem with his leg didn't he ?? If he had caught the ball , he would've been forced to kick and then do himself more damage long term...

Expecting Rain
22-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Maka-Usual mixed bag heart in your mouth stuff
Van Zandten-No comment
Hanlon-Quiet game.
Hogg-...........................................
Bamba-Played well, needs to control his emotions.
Cregg-Average
McBride-Average
Rankin-er.....two assists,worked hard,credit where its due.
Deeks-Was just being Deeks, a match winner.
Stokes-On another day could have had a hat-trick.
Nish-Hopeless.

500miles
22-08-2009, 07:16 PM
He had a problem with his leg didn't he ?? If he had caught the ball , he would've been forced to kick and then do himself more damage long term...

That's a stinking excuse. If you can catch it, you ALWAYS should. Maka isn't as bad as your making him out to be, but he is liable to make an error, a bit too often for my liking.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Maka-Usual mixed bag heart in your mouth stuff
Van Zandten-No comment
Hanlon-Quiet game.
Hogg-...........................................
Bamba-Played well, needs to control his emotions.
Cregg-Average
McBride-Average
Rankin-er.....two assists,worked hard,credit where its due.
Deeks-Was just being Deeks, a match winner.
Stokes-On another day could have had a hat-trick.
Nish-Hopeless.

I thought he played well today, kept it neat and tidy, broke play up, and kept the ball most of the time. If we get another central defender and a right back, we could have a very good season.:tin hat::pray:

Oranje39
22-08-2009, 07:21 PM

I'm sure we got a free-kick for that.

Shrekko
22-08-2009, 07:24 PM
I think some folk would be as well posting their player ratings on a Friday night.

Jones28
22-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Maka - 7 - Solid performance, hasnt let last weekends mishap knock his confidence.

DVZ - 5 - Terrible today. Why did he not push up the wing when Rankin had the ball? Ripped Saints apart with the same move last week :confused:

Hogg - 6 - didnt look as confident on the ball as usual

Bamba - 8 - Fantastic header for the goal, absolutely solid today, didnt look a booking from where I was

Hanlon - 7 - Looked good, eager to get forward and play a pass through the middle

Cregg and Mcbride - 7 - Not as good as last week, still played well, both battled in the midfield

Rankin - 6 - Great delivery for the 2nd goal :agree: 3rd assist of the season if im right?

Stokes - 7 - What a player he looks

Deek - 8 - Pure class for both goals

Nish - 5 - Not good enough, gave the ball away, lazy - never challenging for high balls

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 07:28 PM
That's a stinking excuse. If you can catch it, you ALWAYS should. Maka isn't as bad as your making him out to be, but he is liable to make an error, a bit too often for my liking.

Think what you like but that's the way it was.... I agree that if you can catch it , then do so....

Come on, how many times have you seen Maka makes a blooper??. Maybe he isn't as bad as i say , but he always gives me and his critics ammunition to slate him... He doesn't even seem to have the basic skills to be a keeper at times....

I feel we should this guy Stacks a shot....

bawheid
22-08-2009, 07:32 PM

:faf:

Bring Macar back. He has competition for the biggest slaver on the internet award!

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 07:33 PM

Bring Macar back. He has competition for the biggest slaver on the internet award!

You're the one to challenge him...

Sergey
22-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Think what you like but that's the way it was.... I agree that if you can catch it , then do so....

Come on, how many times have you seen Maka makes a blooper??. Maybe he isn't as bad as i say , but he always gives me and his critics ammunition to slate him... He doesn't even seem to have the basic skills to be a keeper at times....

I feel we should this guy Stacks a shot....

Pistol...you're an idiot. I've been reading your moronic posts over the last few months and you clearly know the square root of pheck-all.

You remind me of someone that's barred from this forum :wink:

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Pistol...you're an idiot. I've been reading your moronic posts over the last few months and you clearly know the square root of pheck-all.

Who rattled your cage ???

bawheid
22-08-2009, 07:37 PM

Seriously for a minute though, what are you doing on a football forum?

You know nothing about football!

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Seriously for a minute though, what are you doing on a football forum?

You know nothing about football!

Take a look in the mirror mate.............

Mibbes Aye
22-08-2009, 07:45 PM

That's not really true is it?

bawheid
22-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Take a look in the mirror mate.............

Just have...looking pretty hot it has to be said. :aok:

But back to you knowing the square root of **** all about football...

Hibs Spain
22-08-2009, 08:31 PM
I think some folk would be as well posting their player ratings on a Friday night.:thumbsup::top marks

Hibs90
22-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Get yourself tae ****.. The guy is a liability and he should be dropped now.... He's had far too many chances and everytime he drops a clanger and costs us.. Last week was just another example...

Aww babes I love you too. Tube :wink:

Purehibee_MYB
23-08-2009, 12:08 AM
I thought Bamba was a bit reckless today, more than usual, took his goal well, but he played a dangerous game with his fouls, overall was up for the game though which I like to see from our players, as for Maka, I have never had great confidence in him, he has had good games and he isn't a complete flop as with hard work and persistence he could eventually be a keeper we can have confidence in, but I agree it may be right to give Stack as chance, as it puts pressure on Maka to perform in training.

polmontscott
23-08-2009, 03:48 AM
thought Maka could have got down for the goal and seemed a bit nervy throughout..

signs tho that deek n stokesy might strike up a decent partnership...quite excited for the coming weeks..

Expecting Rain
23-08-2009, 08:07 AM
I thought he played well today, kept it neat and tidy, broke play up, and kept the ball most of the time. If we get another central defender and a right back, we could have a very good season.:tin hat::pray:

I like McBride and Cregg they give us a good shape when we`re playing 442, i i think Zemmama will be the player that benefits most from their presence in the team.

Hibs Spain
23-08-2009, 08:54 AM
I like McBride and Cregg they give us a good shape when we`re playing 442, i i think Zemmama will be the player that benefits most from their presence in the team.I've always liked Cregg... Not sure about McBride..Never noticed him when he played for Falkirk.The way he runs reminds of Brian Hamilton :agree:

spoing
23-08-2009, 09:49 AM

Can we not let Yogi and the coaching staff decide. Think they might have a better idea who we play in goal based on actually seeing them in training?

sleeping giant
23-08-2009, 10:05 AM

:top marks

sleeping giant
23-08-2009, 10:08 AM

I was thinking the same too.

Ivan fannybaws Drago written all over him

Littlest Hobo
23-08-2009, 10:20 AM
I like McBride and Cregg they give us a good shape when we`re playing 442, i i think Zemmama will be the player that benefits most from their presence in the team.

Couldn't agree more. Zouma is defo what we need right now.:thumbsup:

Hibs Spain
23-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Couldn't agree more. Zouma is defo what we need right now.:thumbsup:How good was Benji's bit of control before he lashed the left foot shot in?