PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings v Falkirk

Hibs90
22-08-2009, 03:48 PM
I'd go for

Maka 6 - Average performance. Commanding his area more now that Jones has gone.

DVZ 4 - Just bloody go.
Hogg 5 - Dire.
Bamba 9 - Superb. This guy is the sex.
Hanlon 6 - Average.

Cregg 5 - Looked to be shying away from tackling Arfield. They probably made a deal before the game.
McBride 6 - Done okay under the constant booing from the home support.
Rankin 6 - Done his usual - run about, get ball, pass backwards, run about some more.

Deek 7 - 2 great goals. Good to see him up and running. Apart from that done nothing though.
Nish 7 - Looked really determined today. Done well and tired towards the end. I think the stick he gets is a bit harsh.
Stokes 6 - Decent debut. Great first touch and isn't afraid to take a man on. We should see at least 10 goals from him this season.

Wotherspoon 5 - Never really done much in the time. Shame he got dropped in the first place.
Benji 5 - Had one decent shot.

Barrylavety
22-08-2009, 04:00 PM
deek- :top markshe only touched the ball twice in the whole game but scored with both!

everyone else- 6

The_Horde
22-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Maka- 5 dodgy stuff again

DVZ- 6 Solid enough, got it rough at times due to no cover from any wingers
Hogg- 6 Decent shift, bit shaky at times where he should have just put the ball into the stand
Bamba- 7 Same as Hogg, but 7 for the goal but needs to calm it a bit

Hanlon- 6 (see DVZ)

Rankin- 6 Good shift, nothing spectacular. Bit cramped in the middle of the pitch so not really any space to do much

Mcbride- 6 See Rankin

Cregg- 6 Again, see Rankin and put himself about

Deek-7 Thats 'ar Deek for ya.

Stokes- 7 Caused Falkirk problems and movement was top notch, unlucky not to score

Nish - 6 Takes a hell of a battering to let the rest play a bit, and frustrating at times

Overall, solid display but a game we would have lost last season.

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 04:04 PM
deek- :top markshe only touched the ball twice in the whole game but scored with both!

everyone else- 6

Even DVZ ?????

Barrylavety
22-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Even DVZ ?????

sorry

*correction*

everyone else- 6
dvz- 2

PISTOL1875
22-08-2009, 04:05 PM
sorry

*correction*

everyone else- 6
dvz- 2

That's a bit better...

Wotherspiniesta
22-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Maka- 6
DVZ- 4
Hogg- 5
Bamba- 8
Hanlon- 6
Mcbride- 7
Cregg- 5
Rankin- 6
Deeks- 7
Nish- 6
Stokes- 6

Benji- 4
Wotherspoon- 3

Johnny_Leith
22-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Get a grip. Van Zanten didn't have a great first half and gets slated. I struggled to see anybody else having a good first half today.

Van Zanten won the free kick for our 2nd and was solid in the second half. He's not a great player, we know that, he knows that, Yogi knows that but he gives his all. If he screwed the club around touting himself to other clubs and not turning up for training, then quite right slate him, however he's been nothing but a model pro whilst at Hibs.

It's getting boring reading these boards as players like Rankin(Two assists today) and VZ just take unwarrented abuse. I thought our worst player today was Makalamby but I'm not going to call him Makalamity or call him a "useless whatever".

rightwinger
22-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Maka - 7 - the odd shaky moment but all our defenders seem to have the odd shaky moment too. Took most crosses well.

DVZ - 6 - A bit better than McCann and Hanlon going forward but a bit shakier at the back. Needs to improve to keep his place.

Hogg - 7 - Generally did well but too small in stature and presence to be a player of real quality.

Bamba - 8 - Arguable MOTM - excellent presence at the back, really solid and positive. Slight question over discipline but could be a key player for us this season. He may lose us the odd match but he could win us a lot more whereas Hogg won't lose us many games but he'll win us even fewer.

Hanlon - 6 - Hasn't done enough to keep Murray out of the team when he returns. Honest enough at the back and passing ok but not positive enough going forward - needs to take men on more rather than pass inside all the time - esp with a 3-man midfield.

Cregg - 7 - started slow but stuck to his task well.

McBride - 7 - see Cregg. Puts himself about and decent passing.

Rankin - 7 - Key player. Two more assists to go with last week's. The odd mistake but great workrate and set piece delivery.

Stokes - 6 - A bit rusty but the potential's there. A few games under his belt and he could be flying.

Nish - 6 - Workrate undeniable but needs to show more strength and ruthlessness in last third.

Riordan - 8 - some lovely touches and link-up play with Stokes looks promising. Workrate always light but it doesn't matter when he's scoring - a nice contrast to Nish in that regard.

Benji and Wotherspoon - looked lively. Even though we have a smallish squad there looks to be good competition for places all over the team.

Hughes - 8 - 4-3-3 seemed a bit risky but he had to get the strikers in somehow. We got our goals at great times. Like last week, the substitutions worked really well.

Another positive performance/result but we've been lucky with the fixtures so far. We'll get a better idea of how good we are next week.

Pete70
22-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Get a grip. Van Zanten didn't have a great first half and gets slated. I struggled to see anybody else having a good first half today.

Van Zanten won the free kick for our 2nd and was solid in the second half. He's not a great player, we know that, he knows that, Yogi knows that but he gives his all. If he screwed the club around touting himself to other clubs and not turning up for training, then quite right slate him, however he's been nothing but a model pro whilst at Hibs.

It's getting boring reading these boards as players like Rankin(Two assists today) and VZ just take unwarrented abuse. I thought our worst player today was Makalamby but I'm not going to call him Makalamity or call him a "useless whatever".

Couldn't agree more.

We won 3-1 today and still some people feel the need to slate certain players. I dread to think the level of abuse if we had actually lost.

Why can't folk sit back and enjoy being joint top of the league and laugh at the mutants from down Gorgie way instead?

Pete70
22-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Maka - 5 A few scary moments when deciing to punch rather than catch the ball, This put additinioal pressure on the defence

DVZ - 6 Did ok. Will need a lot more help from the midfield next week if he is up against McGeady

Hanlon - 5 Doesn;t appear to have much confidence going forward. Wont keep Murray out the team

Hogg - 6 Decent enough

Bamba - 7 Needs to keep a calm head when being provoked by the opposition. Can be a top CH if the applies himself

Rankine - 6 Usual busy self without seeing a lot of the ball

Cregg - 5 looked to be crowded out of the game and couldn't impose himself on the game

McBride - 6 Tried to make the passes but I think the lack of any width hindered him

Stokes - 6 A couple of chances but lacks a bit of sharpness

Nish - 6 Worked hard again up front. Suffers I think from a lack of wide players getting the ball in the box

Riordan - 7 but only for the 2 goals. Really needs to up his workrate but if he scores 2 every week he can stand about doing sod all most of the game for all I care

Overll a hard fought win against a Falkirk team that played quite well. I would like to see a bit more width in the team to give some support to the full backs and give us more attacking optioons. Otherwise I feel we could become a bit too predictable.

lucky
22-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Maka - 5 He is just not composed enough

DVZ - 6 Got exposed for the goal but was steady enough. Offered More than McCann

Hanlon - 5 Keeping Murray's place warm useful squad and will improve

Hogg - 4 Not his best game

Bamba - 7 worked hard but lucky he never got sent off

Rankine - 6 did his usual hard working performance

Cregg - 6 worked his patch without ever imposing himself on the game

McBride - 6 think he will be key to Hibs this season. He does the Boozy role but can tackle

Stokes - 6 Will come good. His passing in the first 20 mins was poor but never stopped working

Nish - 6 Took some punishment again. Work his socks off

Deeks-7 two class goals but was out with Lord Lucan most of the game

brownlies bits
22-08-2009, 06:33 PM

everyone else- 6

Get a grip, if everybody put in the same effort as Deek we would never win a game, the guys an enigma "lazy moanin faced little torag for 85 mins and superb for 5 mins" sick o the Riordan worshipers at Easter Road. We have got guys that bust a gut for this club week in week out and most of the time hes a passenger. Oh and by the way man of the match today was big Sol by a mile. rant over :grr: :bye: Bamba :top marks

Zemmama19
22-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Get a grip, if everybody put in the same effort as Deek we would never win a game, the guys an enigma "lazy moanin faced little torag for 85 mins and superb for 5 mins" sick o the Riordan worshipers at Easter Road. We have got guys that bust a gut for this club week in week out and most of the time hes a passenger. Oh and by the way man of the match today was big Sol by a mile. rant over :grr: :bye: Bamba :top marks

You should get a grip:bye: If you cant apprieciate what Deek does then you shouldnt be a football fan,what he does is magic and only zemmama has that apart from him. He wins you games if we didnt have Riordan today we would have been beaten so to say your sick of Riordan worshipers is daft:bye:

Zemmama19
22-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Maka- 6
Van Zanten-3
Hanlon-5
Hogg-5
Bamba-9
Rankin-7
Cregg-7
Mcbride-7
Stokes-7
Riordan-8
Nish-6

brownlies bits
22-08-2009, 07:39 PM
You should get a grip:bye: If you cant apprieciate what Deek does then you shouldnt be a football fan,what he does is magic and only zemmama has that apart from him. He wins you games if we didnt have Riordan today we would have been beaten so to say your sick of Riordan worshipers is daft:bye:

:blah::blah:
Im a fan of Hibernian F.C. not Derek Riordan I can remember when he left to go to Weegie land maybe im not as forgiving as you and I am entitled to an opinion the guy is a waster and its only a matter of time before hes in trouble again, no doubt he will win a few games for us but when the chips are down he will do his casper impression again and by the way if we didnt have deek today why would we have been beaten Hibs aint a one man band Hibs will still win games with or without Derek Riordan

Zemmama19
22-08-2009, 08:30 PM
:blah::blah:
Im a fan of Hibernian F.C. not Derek Riordan I can remember when he left to go to Weegie land maybe im not as forgiving as you and I am entitled to an opinion the guy is a waster and its only a matter of time before hes in trouble again, no doubt he will win a few games for us but when the chips are down he will do his casper impression again and by the way if we didnt have deek today why would we have been beaten Hibs aint a one man band Hibs will still win games with or without Derek Riordan

And you wouldnt leave to at least treble your wages? :bye:
So if you were in charge of hibs would Riordan get a game:confused:

thebakerboy
22-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Maka 5 think its time to give Stack his chance
DVZ 9 cannot believe the rubbish he gets on here beaten for goal by great play by Falkirk player .Is a good club full back and did better than McCann last week.Dont we cheer when our players do things like that to opposing defenders
Hogg 4 poorest game for Hibees
Bamba 7 great game but has to watch temprament
Hanlon 6 OK but not best game
Cregg 5 did not do as much as last week
McBride 5 see Cragg
Rankine 6 works his socks off
Stokes 7 looks the part think he will score goals
Nish 5 works hard but falls on his arse too often also offsides and stupid bookings
Deeks 6 no effort but 2 goals ???????????????

ronaldo7
22-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Maka 5 think its time to give Stack his chance
DVZ 9 cannot believe the rubbish he gets on here beaten for goal by great play by Falkirk player .Is a good club full back and did better than McCann last week.Dont we cheer when our players do things like that to opposing defenders
Hogg 4 poorest game for Hibees
Bamba 7 great game but has to watch temprament
Hanlon 6 OK but not best game
Cregg 5 did not do as much as last week
McBride 5 see Cragg
Rankine 6 works his socks off

So he was your Mom then:faf:

CraigourHibee
22-08-2009, 09:16 PM

I like you're post, I do think certain players are singled out for unnecessary criticism whilst trying their best for the club.

thebakerboy
22-08-2009, 09:33 PM
So he was your Mom then:faf:
No she would have kicked his arse very very hard believe me I know old:devil:

Judas Iscariot
22-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Maka - 5

Van Gantin - 4
Hogg - 5
Bamba - 8
Hanlon - 6

McBride - 6
Cregg - 6
Rankin - 5

Stokes - 7
Nish - 5
Riordan - 8

Maka, Van Gantin, Hogg and Nish need replaced..