PDA

View Full Version : The next signing for us to sit up for is ....

HibeeMG
22-08-2009, 03:18 PM
.... Boozy!! :agree:

Source: ex player now playing for a certain unwashed team.

GlesgaeHibby
22-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Seems to be quite a lot being said about this. Would be very happy if true.

Stevie Reid
22-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Have heard he's been offered a 3 year deal which I'd be VERY surprised about given his age and injury history

zlatan
22-08-2009, 03:28 PM
I like Boozy but I really don't see the point in this signing with the strength we have in midfield already.

A spare centre back and a right back are all that's needed now.

YehButNoBut
22-08-2009, 03:30 PM
We do need more creativity in the midfield, Boozy would be a good addition to the squad.

1 more decent defender and we are in for a good season. :thumbsup:

jakedance
22-08-2009, 03:31 PM
I like Boozy but I really don't see the point in this signing with the strength we have in midfield already.

A spare centre back and a right back are all that's needed now.

I disagree. We created very little from open play today. Whether Boozy is the right guy or not we need someone who can bring the ball down and spray the passes about.

It would also be interesting to see whether Hughes fancied Boozy in the sweeper role. He played there once against Rangers and I thought he was outstanding, Sauzee-esque in fact. I couldn't understand why he didn't feature there more often.

zlatan
22-08-2009, 03:32 PM
I disagree. We created very little from open play today. Whether Boozy is the right guy or not we need someone who can bring the ball down and spray the passes about.

It would also be interesting to see whether Hughes fancied Boozy in the sweeper role. He played there once against Rangers and I thought he was outstanding, Sauzee-esque in fact. I couldn't understand why he didn't feature there more often.

hmm true 'dat, I won't complain if he were to return that's for sure.

Andy74
22-08-2009, 03:33 PM
We have certain strengths in midfield now but we're still a long way from having the right amount of quality to make 3rd our own.

Would you rather have seen Stevenson or Boozy on the bench today for example?

Will rankin go on showing current form or the mediocrity of previously? Cregg and McBride didn't start games for Falkirk every week. will they keep up the form and will they avoind injury and suspension.

Boozy is class, we can use all the good players we can get.

smurf
22-08-2009, 03:37 PM

:agree:

col02
22-08-2009, 03:37 PM
We have certain strengths in midfield now but we're still a long way from having the right amount of quality to make 3rd our own.

Will rankin go on showing current form or the mediocrity of previously? Cregg and McBride didn't start games for Falkirk every week. will they keep up the form and will they avoind injury and suspension.

Was class imho and even then that was the first season he came to Hibs! If he is so good a player why with only a week to go before most clubs will conclude their business does he still find himself a free agent?

Si_17
22-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Heard he's been offered a three year deal, which will earn him less than the one year contract he's been offered at Celtic.

shamo9
22-08-2009, 03:44 PM
hmm true 'dat, I won't complain if he were to return that's for sure.

Boozy is the type of the player Yogi would love to have. If you watched the game today then you would have noticed that are passing was abysmal. We kept on panicking, chucking the ball to each other because no one wanted to take responsibility, I counted about 6 times when Rankin dived despairingly for a ball he had no chance of getting. Boozy is just the type of player to stop, breath and pick out the right pass.

Cregg, McBride and Rankin are basically just variations of the same player without any real tangible creativity. Having Boozy just sitting there would also make it so much easier for the defenders, they could just leave it to Boozy to really calm things down and instigate the next wave. Holding it up would also allow our fullbacks the opportunity to be a bit more adventurous.

Defender to Boozy. To Zemmama. To Stokes - goal...

jakedance
22-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Boozy is the type of the player Yogi would love to have. If you watched the game today then you would have noticed that are passing was abysmal. We kept on panicking, chucking the ball to each other because no one wanted to take responsibility, I counted about 6 times when Rankin dived despairingly for a ball he had no chance of getting. Boozy is just the type of player to stop, breath and pick out the right pass.

Cregg, McBride and Rankin are basically just variations of the same player without any real tangible creativity. Having Boozy just sitting there would also make it so much easier for the defenders, they could just leave it to Boozy to really calm things down and instigate the next wave. Holding it up would also allow our fullbacks the opportunity to be a bit more adventurous.

Defender to Boozy. To Zemmama. To Stokes - goal...

I used to love to see the way Boozy would control and move his body around the ball. He just had that touch of class you don't see very often in the SPL. Even when it wasn't working out for him he had a very simple elegance and poise on the ball.

He wasn't above criticism and his form could be erratic but he's a great footballer none the less. Our squad is probably stronger now so we wouldn't have to rely on him to turn it on every week, I think he'd be a great signing.

Hibbyradge
22-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Heard he's been offered a three year deal, which will earn him less than the one year contract he's been offered at Celtic.

:hilarious

He hasn't been offered anything by Celtic.

Scooter
22-08-2009, 03:55 PM
I think stokes needs a boozy or zemmama for through balls

Don Giovanni
22-08-2009, 04:07 PM

Given Hughes preference for former Bairns' players I fully expect us to offer a contract to Trinidad and Tobago coach Russell Latapy... :wink:
The wee man can pull the strings in the midfield and thread those through balls for Stokes to feed off... :devil:

RoYO!
22-08-2009, 04:11 PM
get this deal done hibs :thumbsup:

too many floated balls forward from wide positions, instead of balls in to feet also need to see more played in to channels.

Shrekko
22-08-2009, 04:12 PM

Spot on.

No Zemmama and no creativity in midfield. We were crying out for a player like Boozy.

I think we have potentially our strongest attacking line up in many a long year at the moment but we need players who can supply the ammunition.

Yes we need a right back and probably a centre half too but if Boozy is available to us it's pretty much a no brainer IMO.

Onceinawhile
22-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Given Hughes preference for former Bairns' players I fully expect us to offer a contract to Trinidad and Tobago coach Russell Latapy... :wink:
The wee man can pull the strings in the midfield and thread those through balls for Stokes to feed off... :devil:

I realise that this is said in Jest, but I wouldn't be disappointed in that whatsoever!

Boozy is a decent player, but I wouldn't cut my wrists if he didn't come back.

Everyone seems to say he was excellent the time he played sweeper vs Rangers, but we lost 3 goals and he was sent off...

sadtom
22-08-2009, 04:48 PM
The day we can turn our noses up at a player with Boozy's touch and passing ability i'll be a very happy gadgie. We are no where near that day(yet). His composure,vision and link up play would make him a most welcome addition to the squad and good compitition for the other centre midfielders.

ancient hibee
22-08-2009, 05:08 PM
The development of Brown and Thomson owed a lot to Boozy giving them the time to play.Only trouble is he is obviously picking up too many injuries.

shamo9
22-08-2009, 05:11 PM
The development of Brown and Thomson owed a lot to Boozy giving them the time to play.Only trouble is he is obviously picking up too many injuries.

Zemmama's not exactly the ironman either. That's the sacrifice you have to make sometimes for flair. Kevin Thomson's picked up two career threatening injuries in a short span of time but I'm sure we wouldn't say no.

GreenCastle
22-08-2009, 05:12 PM

Exactly what Yogi s looking for :agree:

ancient hibee
22-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Zemmama's not exactly the ironman either. That's the sacrifice you have to make sometimes for flair. Kevin Thomson's picked up two career threatening injuries in a short span of time but I'm sure we wouldn't say no.
I suspect Boozy's injuries have more to do with his age.

Elephant Stone
22-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Boozy would have been ideal in our midfield today, obviously Zemmama will bring similar qualities when he's fit but having both of them in our midfield would do just nicely. I really hope he signs :thumbsup:

shamo9
22-08-2009, 05:19 PM
I suspect Boozy's injuries have more to do with his age.

Or Steven Naismith being a dirty git...

Perspective
22-08-2009, 05:21 PM
He played often enough last year to suggest his injuries could be a thing of the past.

You can never have too many good footballers, especially ones with a passing range like his. Even if he can't play every game we've got a good depth of squad to cover for it.

Boozy signing, plus a couple of full-backs (unless Callum Booth is ready now) and I'll be delighted.

MyJo
22-08-2009, 05:21 PM
I'd rather have 8 or 9 midfielders who are good enough to be first picks competing and rotating for 4 slots than 3 or 4 good players backed up by 10 dross "squad fillers" who cost us games when called upon.

Come home Boozy, we have a squad worthy of your vision and class again.

danhibees1875
22-08-2009, 05:28 PM
.........Boozy...........
..Rankin.......McBride
Zemmama.....................Riordan
.............Stokes................

:dunno:

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2009, 05:58 PM
.........Boozy...........

..Rankin.......McBride
Zemmama.....................Riordan
.............Stokes................

:dunno:

I think I've just came :greengrin

Potentially I'd swap Rankin with Cregg in there but there's enough industry and art in that 6 to suggest it would be a strong unit.

To think we'd still have the likes of Benji, JJ, Nish, Wotherspoon etc waiting in the wings as well.

Not bad that, not bad at all.

RoYO!
22-08-2009, 06:01 PM
**** ye

Fantic
22-08-2009, 06:08 PM
**** ye

Who.

Anyone in particular or just in general.

GreenCastle
22-08-2009, 06:16 PM
I think I've just came :greengrin

Potentially I'd swap Rankin with Cregg in there but there's enough industry and art in that 6 to suggest it would be a strong unit.

To think we'd still have the likes of Benji, JJ, Nish, Wotherspoon etc waiting in the wings as well.

Not bad that, not bad at all.

Rankin two assists today though ?

Onceinawhile
22-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Who.

Anyone in particular or just in general.

I think it means yes, rather than being an insult:agree:

Fantic
22-08-2009, 06:33 PM
I think it means yes, rather than being an insult:agree:

I see. In a 'ya beauty' kind of way? Cheers.

Ya beauty!

IWasThere2016
22-08-2009, 09:04 PM

There is NO offer from Cellic.

We need a Boozy type as the mid 3 today are too samey and IM/Lewis/Bamba or Thicot in there offer insufficient creativity.

We also need a RB and CH too IMHO.

Wembley67
22-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong here but I don't recall Boozy pinging in the goals or getting numerous assists when he was with us, has he suddenly turned into a magical player???

Dibben
22-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong here but I don't recall Boozy pinging in the goals or getting numerous assists when he was with us, has he suddenly turned into a magical player???

We have so many players who can score goals or get assists. What we lack is a guy who can keep the ball and pull the strings!

BH.

Kaiser1962
22-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Some fud in Keekback is suggesting Russell Anderson will be signing for Hibs on Monday and seems confident that this is right as well as being almightedly pissed ofgf about it. Any thoughts?

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Some fud in Keekback is suggesting Russell Anderson will be signing for Hibs on Monday and seems confident that this is right as well as being almightedly pissed ofgf about it. Any thoughts?

Aye, I'll give you my thoughts on it;

Get. Him. Signed. Now.

I'm_cabbaged
22-08-2009, 09:18 PM

He did in his first season before being dropped back to the sitting role. :agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Rankin two assists today though ?

I've praised Rankin to the hilt on another thread, I didn't mean he should be replaced by Cregg because I think he's a huddy, nothing like that.

I just think that with the creativity provided by Zemmama, Riordan and Stokes, we could maybe do with Cregg in there instead. Whilst Rankin probably does more running than Cregg, I think Cregg has a bit more bite about him and he and McBride would be a good spoiling act in the centre of midfield.

Robinho08
22-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Rumour has it, he's looking at houses around Ormiston.

Onceinawhile
22-08-2009, 09:59 PM

there is a few posts on the bounce alluding to something similar.

IF that was to happen, I would be a very happy camper:thumbsup: