PDA

View Full Version : Positives/negatives

Spike Mandela
22-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Great result, great goals, some stunning forward play and some fantastic last ditch defending.

When watching the second half though (albeit in the pub with the sound down) for large parts of the game Falkirk appeared to have an extra man and seemed to be passing us off the park whilst we lumped it up the park.

Yogi alluded to this in his post match interview that he wasn't happy with our passing. Is this a hangover from last year, has Yogi's ideas not quite got through yet or are we missing Zemamma?

Deeks pure class!!

sam_tee
22-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Negatives- No midfield we seem too be back to punting the ball up the park in a effort to get the ball no nish who cant header or control the ball, Weres the attractive flowing football, sol bamba whats with him going up for every ball with his hands flapping about if he contiunes this he'll give away alot of penalties, yogi seemed stubborn to change the formation when it clearly isn't working

Postives, we took the goals well, stokes looks like he could be some player for us once he got match fitness, other heads never really went down after the goal and we came back with 3 good goals from set pieces

mim
22-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Negatives:

We were generally pretty poor.
Maka's handling was particularly inept, although he did have a couple of good catches and 1 good save.
Midfield lacking flair.
Weak at fullback.
Hogg was poor.
Riordan not involved.

Positives:

Stokes looks the business.
Riordan's goals.
We have a perfect opportunity to see Stack on Wednesday.
Away wins have been like gold dust for us and we managed one today.

sadtom
22-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Positives - away win without playing well, signs that there is more to come, Zooma still to come back, Stokes looks like he'll do well, great free kick, showed that we are not going to be bullied/soft touch, most importantly thats 2 games we've been behind and had the desire and bottle to go on and win the game. (any stattos out there that can tell us the last time we won 2 on the bounce after being behind?)

Negatives - a few flaps from Maka, didn't pass the ball that well (but we've got to give them time to gel and let Yogi's methods take root and there is signs that it will happen), still a bit suspect in the full back positions, too many bookings and big Sol needs to calm it a wee bit (otherwise he was pretty dominant again) and the strips clashed on the telly.

RoYO!
22-08-2009, 02:12 PM
think we should go for boozy depending on medical

id be looking for boozy and zooma adding quality build up play and flair, and a combo of rankin, cregg and mcbride to add guile and effort to get in about people

TheEastTerrace
22-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Positives - away win without playing well, signs that there is more to come, Zooma still to come back, Stokes looks like he'll do well, great free kick, showed that we are not going to be bullied/soft touch, most importantly thats 2 games we've been behind and had the desire and bottle to go on and win the game. (any stattos out there that can tell us the last time we won 2 on the bounce after being behind?)

Negatives - a few flaps from Maka, didn't pass the ball that well (but we've got to give them time to gel and let Yogi's methods take root and there is signs that it will happen), still a bit suspect in the full back positions, too many bookings and big Sol needs to calm it a wee bit (otherwise he was pretty dominant again) and the strips clashed on the telly.

So it wasn't just me then? :greengrin

I thought Hibs lacked a bit of quality in midfield and the passing was generally quite poor. Perhaps Zemmama will provide this when he's fit. Thought Stokes looked lively and just needs some more match time to get sharp. Riordan was fairly anonymous, but hey, he got two goals and that's what counts. Big Sol needs to calm down a bit. Not a fan of DVZ.

I'd also like to see the new keeper in action, still think Maka is susceptible to too many lapses in concentration. Let's see what Stack can do in midweek.

Still, top of the league with 100% record and come back from behind twice. The goals were well taken and the good thing Hibs have over other SPL teams is a number of players who will get goals. Can't really complain :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
22-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Positives -
after the first half hour, we were the better team
Maka only had 1 save to make
Hogg and Bamba excellent at Centre Half
Riordan's finishing
McBride good again
Stokes gives us something different up front
Benji off the bench looked good

Negatives -
Cregg and Rankin too similar although Rankin better from what I've seen so far this season
Riordan needs to get involved more
Too many players booked
Bamba needs to calm down when provoked
Full backs exposed by lack of wide players in front of them

Overall a mixed performance but the class of the Hibs players told in the end. Zemamma for Cregg will make a big difference in creativity when he comes back.

zlatan
22-08-2009, 02:36 PM
The main positive is we got another comfortable win and still haven't got Zemmama back in the team. Stokes could of had a hattrick and will be a sensation for us, Benji still looks eager and Riordan does what he does best.

We badly need the right players to fill those wing back roles I reckon, Hanlon doesn't get involved enough at the other end, McCann isn't fit enough and Van Zanten isn't good enough despite a much improved 2nd half showing.

I will be delighted with our squad even if we do only get 1 more player in and it's a right back and we keep Bamba, things are certainly looking positive just now.

Ferryhibby
22-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Positives: we got an away win with another three points on the board 3 excellent goals
Negative: we didnt play particularly well back to 3 in midfield and one is still rankin Nish wont fit in with Yogis style when Stokes and Benji become it but we got an away win lets rack up as many points just now while we're still finding out about the team and when we do find the right formation with the right players we can sit back and enjoy the play

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Positives. Another win. :thumbsup: We created chances, stokes looks good, deeks scored 2. Bamba class. We looked like we were well up for it.

Negatives. Hogg is hopeless, Nish is hopeless, Maka flapped about again. we need a right sided full back, one who is comfortable attacking.

Moulin Yarns
22-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Positives:

a win away from home
Coming from behind to win
a goal coming from an unlikely source (Bamba not Riordan:greengrin)
Win despite not playing well

Negatives:

Lots of bookings (some needless)
not playing like a team yet
Didn't dominate
Too many hoofs

The_Todd
22-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Positives:

We won when playing poorly.
Took our chances and scored almost all of them
Stokes could have scored, looks an exciting prospect
Benji is starting to look good again
Sol. Big Sol.
Falkirk stadium is finally starting to look like a stadium.
Negatives

The police only allowing one gate open on our side of the stand, WTF? The queue was crazy
Someone really should put an underpass or bridge or pedestrian crossing or anything to make fans lives easier getting to the stadium
DVZ. Poor today.
Hibs passing in general - a lot of Mixus style still needs to be stamped out, but give Yogi time on that
The refereeing. Poor. Very poor.
Maka... ok take your time, but not that much

jakedance
22-08-2009, 03:41 PM
I thought we were very poor and created very little in open play. Defended reasonably well although Maka's handling and decision making was especially ropey today.

I think what we've seen in the last two games is that even if we play poorly we have a numbers of players with that wee bit of class that means we can win anyway. If we get Zooma back, someone else in midfield and everyone else on form we could be an incredible attacking force. At some point this season we'll see it all click together and someone (hopefully Hearts) could take a hiding.

I'm feeling very positive about the season to come. We should expect to compete for both cups and 3rd place. Next weeks game will be a big test. We'll have to play a lot better than we did today or last week to get anything out the game.

Scorrie
22-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Positives

Away win without playing that great
Stokes - looks a very good signing
McBride another tidy game
Deeks goals
Oh and top of the league

Negatives

4-3-3 formation; no width and too much hoofball
Nish cannae control the ball
Defence looked wobbly under high ball

hibees59
22-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Positives
We won

Negatives
I had £26 (@ 50's) on a hatrick being scored and Deeks got sub'd after his second goal :grr:. Vlad must go, I mean get it sorted Petrie.

Positives
I had £3 on us winning 3-1 @ 32's :top marks

Baldy Foghorn
22-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Positives: Another win, without playing particularly well. Good debut from Stokes.....

Negatives: Disappointing away support. Had to listen to "fans" moaning about Nish all game, and comparing him to Nade..... FFS IMO Nish does a lot and gets a hard time unfairly.......

Crab apple
22-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Positives: Another win, without playing particularly well. Good debut from Stokes.....

Negatives: Disappointing away support. Had to listen to "fans" moaning about Nish all game, and comparing him to Nade..... FFS IMO Nish does a lot and gets a hard time unfairly.......

Not the greatest player and I thought his most effective contribution today was some useful clearances at the back from Falkirk corners. He does give 100% though and I certainly won't be booing him. I suspect Yogi will be keen to have someone who offers the target man option but not sure if he sees Nish as being that man.