PDA

View Full Version : Derek Riordan is CLASS!

IWasThere2016
22-08-2009, 01:17 PM
No 'Discuss' required! :greengrin

Sherlock Jones
22-08-2009, 01:22 PM
He's no that good. Nae hat-trick! :grr:

Judas Iscariot
22-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Some of our "fans" would do well to read this :agree:

Haymaker
22-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Stunning free kick... pure class!

Www1875hfc
22-08-2009, 01:26 PM

:agree:
Deeks is a class act, say what you want,burley was saying during the commentary,the 1 player he is concerned about is derek riordan? :blah::blah:

No need to be concerned craig,deeks could be the laziest player going for 89 mins and pop up with the winner. :greengrin
The boy is a class act,and any other SPL outfit would cut ther right arm off for a goalscorer..:thumbsup:

(((Fergus)))
22-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Flawed genius, but a genius nonetheless.

GB6
22-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Atleast he can have a quiet night in with his man of the match champagne:greengrin :wink:

Sprouleflyer
22-08-2009, 01:31 PM
What can be said about Riordan?

He is lazy, appears disinterested in the games, never puts a shift in, selfish, and needs to screw the nut when away from the club.

I wouldn't change a thing!!!!!!! :greengrin

J-C
22-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Great touch for the first and a wonderful free kick. :greengrin:thumbsup:

Iain G
22-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Deeks is a class act, say what you want,burley was saying during the commentary,the 1 player he is concerned about is derek riordan? :blah::blah:

No need to be concerned craig,deeks could be the laziest player going for 89 mins and pop up with the winner. :greengrin
The boy is a class act,and any other SPL outfit would cut ther right arm off for a goalscorer..:thumbsup:

Of all the positives about Riordan, I would never call him a class act :wink:

Did nothing for the entire game but got 2 goals, an enigma I guess! Will have to up his game level though as the competition for places up front is hotting up, liked the look of Stokes today :thumbsup:

Booked4Being-Ugly
22-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Gus Macpherson thinks Deeks is overrated! :faf:

Www1875hfc
22-08-2009, 01:35 PM
:singing: He can score with left
he can score with his right
that boy riordan,
knows the jambos are *****e :singing:

Davy Mac
22-08-2009, 01:40 PM

Jealousy is a terrible thing.......:greengrin

Scooter
22-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Did anyone see deeks interview along with stokes? Deek said "stokesy is a worker but didn't score but it will come" me typing it is nothing but I think there was a wee message in there to stokes.

J-C
22-08-2009, 01:44 PM
I thought there was an instant rapport between the two, some lovely wee touches between them and I can see a good partnership starting there. Stokes is a clever player like Riordan and was unlucky not to score today.

Spike Mandela
22-08-2009, 02:01 PM
78 goals for Hibs now:thumbsup:

Can he hit the ton this year? Fingers crossed:agree:

hibbybrian
22-08-2009, 02:06 PM

He's correct as Deeks isn't the Mesiah

He's just a very naughty boy :greengrin

Rasta_Hibs
22-08-2009, 02:11 PM
My mate said Riordan has done nothing then up he pops with 2 goals and one being a stormer of a free kick!

Thats our Deeks tho, a different class!

Imagine having to watch Nade all season!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha

madabouthibs
22-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Deeks isn't the Mesiah

:faf::faf:
That has to be a T shirt!!! :faf:

hibee_nation
22-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Deek and stokesy will be the hardest drinking highest scoring partnership in the SPL. :flag::party::drunk::cheers::partyhibb:clapper:

Part/Time Supporter
22-08-2009, 02:20 PM

Gus rates Billy Mehmet. 'Nuff said.

hibsbollah
22-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Deek and stokesy will be the hardest drinking highest scoring partnership in the SPL. :flag::party::drunk::cheers::partyhibb:clapper:

It could be an interesting attacking quintet. Teetotal muslims Zemmama and Benji up front just behind hungover hellraisers Stokesy and Deeks. and ermmmm. Colin Nish. Could be a combination and a half:saltireflag:cheers::fez::not worth

hibee_nation
22-08-2009, 02:34 PM
They will get Benji down George St and that will be ramadan kicked into touch. :greengrin

Monts
22-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Del, Del, Super Del,
Del, Del, Super Del,
Del, Del, Super Del,
Super Derek Riordan!
:singing:

Jack
22-08-2009, 02:41 PM
I liked the wee poachers goal and the free kick was sublime, but Man of the Match! Never. I suspect one of the match sponsors just wanted to meet him.

Don’t ask me who the MOTM should have been, it just wasn’t him!

Davy Mac
22-08-2009, 02:58 PM

I liked the wee poachers goal and the free kick was sublime, but Man of the Match! Never. I suspect one of the match sponsors just wanted to meet him.

Apart from Deek, I would give it to Bamba for his sheer determination to win...:agree:

California-Hibs
22-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Derek Riordan = Goal Machine! :agree:
The guy is CLASS!!
HE NEEDS A SONG!!! So often he wins us matches, and produces moments of magic and we dont sing his praises. The occasional ''Deeko Deeko'' rings out, but thats it. And i think we can do better than that!
I like the ''Del Del Super Del'' one. Or how about..

''He scores with his leeeeeft
He scores with his riiiiight
That boy Riordan
Makes the Jambos look sh**e''

Scotthibs1875
22-08-2009, 03:12 PM
You wouldn't know he was playing before his two goals. Two great goals but wasn't his best performance in a Hibs shirt.

Petrie's Tache
22-08-2009, 03:14 PM
The guy is CLASS!!
HE NEEDS A SONG!!! So often he wins us matches, and produces moments of magic and we dont sing his praises. The occasional ''Deeko Deeko'' rings out, but thats it. And i think we can do better than that!

That boy Riordan

Yeah agree he needs something original.

Big Sol should be given Robs old one, substituting Jones for Sol.

We've got Sol

Petrie's Tache
22-08-2009, 03:16 PM
You wouldn't know he was playing before his two goals. Two great goals but wasn't his best performance in a Hibs shirt.

True but I'd take that anytime

ronaldo7
22-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Watched the game in the boozer the day, and 20 minutes gone...the guy to the right of me says "Is Riordan playing the day", Aye he was just oan the ba.

Next sighting.......GOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL

You are just superb Derek

chrisski33
22-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Did anyone see deeks interview along with stokes? Deek said "stokesy is a worker but didn't score but it will come" me typing it is nothing but I think there was a wee message in there to stokes.

aye and stokes just been on radio saying that he didnt realise deeks was playing til he scored the 2 goals!

Barrylavety
22-08-2009, 04:20 PM

:thumbsup:

Hin10
22-08-2009, 04:30 PM
I really like the fact they are both winding each other up with sarcastic comments in interviews, it shows they are going to compete well and against each other for top goal scorer, as Deeks mentioned in his TV interview, 'I will be top scorer and going for 20 this year'. I have a feeling this is just the type of freindly competition that is needed to drive these lads on to form what could be a very profitable partnership. I'm excited for the first time in years at whats starting to brew with this team...

Perspective
22-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Some of our "fans" would do well to read this :agree:

I shouldn't really bite, but what's that comment all about? Lacking in grace or class in my opinion. We're all Hibs fans who want the same thing.

Just because some of us want better for Derek as a person and a player doesn't mean we can't support him when he's wearing the green and white.

Took his two goals brilliantly today. Great movement for the first and Olejnik didn't even move for his free-kick. More of the same and he'll make me a believer again (as long as he celebrates tonight with a room temperature mineral water and Match of the Day on the telly).

Also liked the look of Stokes, who showed in flashes that he can be a real asset. It's a while since we've had a quick, off-the-shoulder type of striker. Also though Benji contributed well when he came on - holding the ball up, taking the sting out of the game and so unlucky not to score.

ronaldo7
22-08-2009, 05:38 PM
I shouldn't really bite, but what's that comment all about? Lacking in grace or class in my opinion. We're all Hibs fans who want the same thing.

Just because some of us want better for Derek as a person and a player doesn't mean we can't support him when he's wearing the green and white.

Took his two goals brilliantly today. Great movement for the first and Olejnik didn't even move for his free-kick. More of the same and he'll make me a believer again (as long as he celebrates tonight with a room temperature mineral water and Match of the Day on the telly).

Also liked the look of Stokes, who showed in flashes that he can be a real asset. It's a while since we've had a quick, off-the-shoulder type of striker. Also though Benji contributed well when he came on - holding the ball up, taking the sting out of the game and so unlucky not to score.

:jamboak::devil:

Perspective
22-08-2009, 05:39 PM
:jamboak::devil:

Ha! I did have a flash of those Hearts t-shirts as I typed that.

Scooter
22-08-2009, 05:46 PM
I really like the fact they are both winding each other up with sarcastic comments in interviews, it shows they are going to compete well and against each other for top goal scorer, as Deeks mentioned in his TV interview, 'I will be top scorer and going for 20 this year'. I have a feeling this is just the type of freindly competition that is needed to drive these lads on to form what could be a very profitable partnership. I'm excited for the first time in years at whats starting to brew with this team...

As long as it is friendly and stays that way. But I think deek was telling stokes that he's the number one scorer around here

NaeTechnoHibby
22-08-2009, 06:05 PM
It could be an interesting attacking quintet. Teetotal muslims Zemmama and Benji up front just behind hungover hellraisers Stokesy and Deeks. and ermmmm. Colin Nish. Could be a combination and a half:saltireflag:cheers::fez::not worth

That made me laugh out loud :faf:

Are you talking about the radio or TV?? I know Alan (diet-hun) Preston gave him MOM on the radio for his two goals, did the telly do the same???

The guy is CLASS!!

That boy Riordan

His own hero was Keith Wright and it's wildy known that he would love:-
"Deeks, Deeks, Deeks....."

Not original, I know, but it would be appreciated :thumbsup:

aye and stokes just been on radio saying that he didnt realise deeks was playing til he scored the 2 goals!

That's Deeks!!

As long as it is friendly and stays that way. But I think deek was telling stokes that he's the number one scorer around here

Reminds of the Garry O'Connor days :greengrin

Peevemor
22-08-2009, 06:15 PM
He's correct as Deeks isn't the Mesiah

:faf::faf:
That has to be a T shirt!!! :faf:

:agree::top marks

RoYO!
22-08-2009, 06:18 PM
how many players for hibs have scored 100+ goals?

--------
22-08-2009, 06:27 PM

Watching the interplay between him and John Rankin for his first - "I want the ball THERE, John." "Where exactly, Deek?" "RIGHT THERE, John." That about right, Deek?" "Magic, John." GOAL! - was priceless.

The argument over the freekick - Stokes: "I'll take this. I'm pretty good at freekicks." Deek: "It's ma ba' you're in ma hoose and you give it here right now or I'll get the cousins to you so I will..." - was even better.

Lovely glancing touch for the first, and a textbook swerving freekick for the second (we thought it had gone round the post until we saw the back of the net bulge) - sheer artistry.

Pity about the other 89 minutes, though.... :devil:

hibbybrian
22-08-2009, 06:27 PM
how many players for hibs have scored 100+ goals?

Post war, the famous 5 all scored 100 or more league goals for Hibs and Joe Baker exceeded 100 league goals - I'll check pre-war scorers - there are a few candidates but records are incomplete

marinello59
22-08-2009, 06:28 PM

For the free kick alone I would give him MOTM. A moment of pure magic.

Signed
Tired and emotional and still not home yet.:greengrin

Onceinawhile
22-08-2009, 06:34 PM
He is a lazy wee torag, and his off field shenanigans do the clubs reputation no good what so ever.

However - on the pitch, we have no one like him, and he is one of a kind :agree:

He should be in the Scotland squad - if he had been playing in Norway, we would have won 5-4:agree:

sauzee1966
22-08-2009, 06:38 PM
A famous Liverpool manager once said that he was not bothered if Ian Rush did nothing for 89 minutes as he knew what he could do in 1 minute!
in my view Deeks can smoke fags for 89 if he continues to score goals.

Do we really want a striker to run around like a headless chicken and be bushed when the chance comes?

Shrekko
22-08-2009, 06:39 PM
He may not be the perfect footballer but he does things that most others cant even dream of doing- how can any Hibs fans complain?

Very rarely do you see a free-kick from 25 yards that is absolutely unsaveable- but thats what we saw today. To have a Hibs player you know is capable of doing that is just priceless.

20 goals plus in this team is now a certainty for Deeks IMO.

EasterRoad4Ever
22-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Nowhere 1st half, missing most of the 2nd, but typically stole the show. His 30 yrd FK was sheer genius and genuine Premiership quality that had no place in a game that was Scot 1st div at best. If the guy would just apply himself properly, well... he wouldn't be playing for Hibs :greengrin

I'm a huge fan and looking forward to seeing him get to 100 for the Hibs - arguably the most spectacular 100 in Hibs history ?

Danderhall Hibs
22-08-2009, 07:25 PM
My mate said Riordan has done nothing then up he pops with 2 goals and one being a stormer of a free kick!

Thats our Deeks tho, a different class!

Imagine having to watch Nade all season!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha

This is the post the gadge read out on BBC results tonight - well done mate! He missed out the Nade bit mind you.

:agree: Him and GOC used to have a friendly bet about who'd score the most and it resulted in them getting around 20 each so I can live with it.

He definitely seemed to be goading Stokes into scoring next time.

hibbie02
22-08-2009, 08:49 PM
A famous Liverpool manager once said that he was not bothered if Ian Rush did nothing for 89 minutes as he knew what he could do in 1 minute!
in my view Deeks can smoke fags for 89 if he continues to score goals.

Do we really want a striker to run around like a headless chicken and be bushed when the chance comes?

Sums it up for me. Most teams couldnae afford the luxury of a player like Deeks, but we can. I was getting right riled on here with the slagging he was taking for lack of effort. Since when was effort what Deeks was all about? He is about scoring goals and no just run of the mill ones. We can afford that luxury.

What must the Yams be thinking when we can take Deek off after scoring 2 goals and bring on Benji, whilst still having another 2 strikers on the pitch, one on the bench and one on the stands. They've got a champion pie muncher, an Austrian Strudel and a very bad dancer of dubious sexuality, with barely a goal amongst them all.

We have Deeks and are always more likely to win with him on the pitch :greengrin

Jonnyboy
22-08-2009, 09:04 PM
I reckon the reason Deek was quiet today was because Yogi changed the whole shape of the team to accomodate Stokes. Deek was playing in the hole between our midfield and Stokes/Nish or, if you like at the tip of the diamond. It's not a position that will have him involved enough in the game IMO and if you add in that Cregg moved wider right you can see why Falkirk's midfield seemed to have control in the central area.

Having said all of that ........... two cracking goals :agree:

marinello59
22-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Having said all of that ........... two cracking goals :agree:

So job done.:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
22-08-2009, 09:08 PM
So job done.:thumbsup:

Indeed! Worth your long journey too :thumbsup: :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Riordan touched the ball twice and scored twice.

Stokes touched the ball twice and on another day would have scored twice.

Benji touched tthe ball once, took out three players and the keeper made a decent save to stop him scoring.

We were never in the game, but we will win loads underperforming in that way.

If anybody can't seen how much Hibs have come on from Mixu to Yogi then I would personally try to prevent them from getting into Easter Road as they are not worthy of watching live football.

Jim44
23-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Riordan = Boyd, with infinitely more talent and football nous.

BT58
23-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Watched the game in the boozer the day, and 20 minutes gone...the guy to the right of me says "Is Riordan playing the day", Aye he was just oan the ba.

Next sighting.......GOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL

You are just superb Derek

was that the ship inn?????we were in there what a roar came up when we scored
and i thot it was a ****bo pub too:duck::duck:
hb

new malkyhib
23-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Sums it up for me. Most teams couldnae afford the luxury of a player like Deeks, but we can. I was getting right riled on here with the slagging he was taking for lack of effort. Since when was effort what Deeks was all about? He is about scoring goals and no just run of the mill ones. We can afford that luxury.

What must the Yams be thinking when we can take Deek off after scoring 2 goals and bring on Benji, whilst still having another 2 strikers on the pitch, one on the bench and one on the stands. They've got a champion pie muncher, an Austrian Strudel and a very bad dancer of dubious sexuality, with barely a goal amongst them all.

We have Deeks and are always more likely to win with him on the pitch :greengrin

Lovin' your work 02 - mix them all together and what have you got?

A: An overweight German-speaking drag queen that dances like John Sergeant...

JimBHibees
23-08-2009, 08:21 PM
:singing: He's one of our own, he's one of our own
Derek Riordan
he's one of our own:singing:

Jack
23-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Are you talking about the radio or TV?? I know Alan (diet-hun) Preston gave him MOM on the radio for his two goals, did the telly do the same???

TV

Judas Iscariot
23-08-2009, 09:07 PM

Are you for real!?

Believer in what? Last seasons top scorer and 2 games in and he's at the top of the chart again!!

What's it got to do with you how he spends his evenings!?

Your a yam or just love trolling on here IMO..

RIP
24-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Just because some of us want better for Derek as a person and a player doesn't mean we can't support him when he's wearing the green and white. Took his two goals brilliantly today. Great movement for the first and Olejnik didn't even move for his free-kick. More of the same and he'll make me a believer again (as long as he celebrates tonight with a room temperature mineral water and Match of the Day on the telly).

Are you for real!?

Believer in what? Last seasons top scorer and 2 games in and he's at the top of the chart again!!

Calling other Hibs fans a Yam eh!:rules:

It's no secret that Deek may be on a final warning. Yogi is cleverly talking up his role as a senior player. Good strategy IMO.

Please don't think that Derek is untouchable. We know and he knows that the way he spends his evenings from now on is to keep out of the tabloids and focus on his game.

So far so good :thumbsup:

MacBean
24-08-2009, 10:30 AM
To the Tune of the Liverpool Fernando Torres Song (cant remember the real song name)

His ASBO proved he was NED, Deeko, Deeko :rules:
You'll never club again they said, Deeko, Deeko :party:
We brought him back from the sh*tty Weej, :flying:
He gets the ball and he scores a peach... :scarf:

Derek Riordan the hibees number :1::0:

na na na na na na na na, na na, na na
na na na na na na na na, na na, na na ...

Perspective
24-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Are you for real!?

Just to put your mind at rest I'm no Yam. I was at the game on Saturday and I'll be at Easter Road on Wednesday.

I don't expect you to ever get your head round my point, but I'll put it simply once more.

Derek Riordan is a wonderfully gifted, natural player. He clearly doesn't live his life off the pitch the way John Hughes demands. If he did, maybe he would score 30 goals a season instead of 20. Surely there's nothing wrong in a Hibs fan wanting more from (and for) a Hibs player?

Judas Iscariot
24-08-2009, 11:17 AM
To the Tune of the Liverpool Fernando Torres Song (cant remember the real song name)

His ASBO proved he was NED, Deeko, Deeko :rules:
:rolleyes:
You'll never club again they said, Deeko, Deeko :party:
We brought him back from the sh*tty Weej, :flying:
He gets the ball and he scores a peach... :scarf:

Derek Riordan the hibees number :1::0:

na na na na na na na na, na na, na na
na na na na na na na na, na na, na na ...

I must have missed when he received this asbo!

Care to elaborate?

Just to put your mind at rest I'm no Yam. I was at the game on Saturday and I'll be at Easter Road on Wednesday.

I don't expect you to ever get your head round my point, but I'll put it simply once more.

Derek Riordan is a wonderfully gifted, natural player. He clearly doesn't live his life off the pitch the way John Hughes demands. If he did, maybe he would score 30 goals a season instead of 20. Surely there's nothing wrong in a Hibs fan wanting more from (and for) a Hibs player?

Fair enough, i see your point..

In the same token though, he is our top scorer ATM and was last season too, so he's doing his job well on the park, better than the other strikers!

Take Nish for example, looks unfit, slow, blowing oot his erse after 10 minutes, like's a bevvy and smokes 20 a day :blah: but i don't see you disecting his every move as you do with Riordan..

He'd never be here for any lenght of time if he was to score 30 goals a season though would he :cool2:

hibs1875aye
24-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Man, he gets pelters when he tracks back, defends and is NOT in positions to score goals i.e. last season...he still ended up top scorer.

He does less of this, STILL batters in *****g goals (one was a screamer) and STILL get pelters.

It's enough to drive ANYONE to drink :devil:

Getinthathum Deek son. Just keep battering the goals in and fear not what anyone else says.

Perspective
24-08-2009, 11:23 AM

In the same token though, he is our top scorer ATM and was last season too, so he's doing his job well on the park, better than the other strikers!

Take Nish for example, looks unfit, slow, blowing oot his erse after 10 minutes, like's a bevvy and smokes 20 a day :blah: but i don't see you disecting his every move as you do with Riordan..

He'd never be here for any lenght of time if he was to score 30 goals a season though would he :cool2:

I'll take that first bit as an apology for calling me a Yam.

I don't disect Nish's every move because I don't think he's capable of hitting the heights that Riordan could.

As for your point about Riordan hitting 30 goals and not being here, you 'Deek' sycophants constantly harp on about how loyal he is, about how this is his club. Surely he wouldn't want to go anywhere else...again?

I'll repeat, he was the difference on Saturday. Two moments of magic.

hibs1875aye
24-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Surely he wouldn't want to go anywhere else...again?

Did he want to go the first time round? As I recall, there was a lot of questions over wages/odd substitutions and amidst all this, he was still our top scorer. :agree:

Perspective
24-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Did he want to go the first time round? As I recall, there was a lot of questions over wages/odd substitutions and amidst all this, he was still our top scorer. :agree:

Ok, we can add that to the list of excuses made for him.

hibs1875aye
24-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Ok, we can add that to the list of excuses made for him.

Nah, just add the number of goals he's scored (more than anyone else last season with approximately half the time to score them) and starting this season in the right way, with one screamer in the bag already.

"Excuses" = not needed. If he scores the goals we KNOW he can score, that'll create around 20-25 excuses per season.

Simples :greengrin

RIP
24-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Take Nish for example, looks unfit, slow, blowing oot his erse after 10 minutes, like's a bevvy and smokes 20 a day

Is this the same Nish who works hard for the team for the full ninety minutes without needing subbed, has already scored 14 goals for Hibs, is one of the top goalscorers in the SPL, stopped smoking in the summer and drinks only very occasionally - or some other guy?

--------
24-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Calling other Hibs fans a Yam eh!:rules:
It's no secret that Deek may be on a final warning. Yogi is cleverly talking up his role as a senior player. Good strategy IMO.

Please don't think that Derek is untouchable. We know and he knows that the way he spends his evenings from now on is to keep out of the tabloids and focus on his game.

So far so good :thumbsup:

The best thing Yogi can do to keep Deek in order is to make sure he has other strikers of comparable quality to replace him with.

Like Stokes and Benji? :cool2:

Having Nish, JJ, and KB on the books doesn't harm either.

There's a manager working not too far from ER who'd give his eye teeth to ahve a couple of them in his squad.... :devil:

Jonnyboy
24-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Is this the same Nish who works hard for the team for the full ninety minutes without needing subbed, has already scored 14 goals for Hibs, is one of the top goalscorers in the SPL, stopped smoking in the summer and drinks only very occasionally - or some other guy?

Too much Nish bashing IMO. Guy does all of the above but hey, we need someone to hammer now that AOB is away :wink:

Big Frank
24-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Some times last year I thought I was the only one defending him!!

The lad is Quality. He is so good at his job that he is almost beyond reproach.

Keep up the good worls deeks :agree:

--------
24-08-2009, 11:54 AM

Too much Nish bashing IMO. Guy does all of the above but hey, we need someone to hammer now that AOB is away :wink:

Agree. He didn't have a great game on Saturday, but I couldn't fault his effort. He put in a good shift and was still going at the end.

Yogi seems to me to have assembled a strike-force that allows him to ring the changes - horses for courses. Colin's never going to be a silky skillfull striker (wooh - dig the alliteration, there, man!) but he's a handy player to have around, and (Colin, are your reading this?) he'd be a lot more than that if he could just kick the ciggie habit.

silverhibee
24-08-2009, 12:02 PM

He must have fell of the wagon at some point after the summer then.:cool2:

silverhibee
24-08-2009, 12:32 PM

Looks like it is being discussed.:blah::blah::greengrin:cool2:
There is always plenty to discuss about Deeks. :dizzy::thumbsup:, after all he is a naughty boy who scores goals for fun.:agree:

MacBean
24-08-2009, 01:02 PM

Care to elaborate?

not sure if he did - i was just trying to think of something to put in and it was the first thing that came to my mind!:devil:

--------
24-08-2009, 01:07 PM
He must have fell of the wagon at some point after the summer then.:cool2:

Has he stopped?

Good on him. Apologies, then. That's good news. :thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
24-08-2009, 01:24 PM
I'll take that first bit as an apology for calling me a Yam.

I don't disect Nish's every move because I don't think he's capable of hitting the heights that Riordan could.

As for your point about Riordan hitting 30 goals and not being here, you 'Deek' sycophants constantly harp on about how loyal he is, about how this is his club. Surely he wouldn't want to go anywhere else...again?

I'll repeat, he was the difference on Saturday. Two moments of magic.

Dunno, still get a whiff from you.. :cool2:

Show me where i have ever said Riordan is loyal?

What is loyalty in football nowadays anyway?

Care to elaborate?

I put the :blah: in because that's what's "Said" about Nish, i don't necessarily agree with that..

Looks like it is being discussed.:blah::greengrin:cool2:
There is always plenty to discuss about Deeks. :dizzy::thumbsup:, after all he is a naughty boy who scores goals for fun.:agree:

:greengrin

Perspective
24-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Dunno, still get a whiff from you.. :cool2:

Show me where i have ever said Riordan is loyal?

One look at your signature does the job.

Judas Iscariot
24-08-2009, 01:37 PM
One look at your signature does the job.

His words.. :agree:

Not mine :wink:

YehButNoBut
24-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Some good comments from Deeks on the fishul site.

“For the first goal I had told Ranks to fire the ball in at the front post which he did to be fair, and I managed to get my toe on the end of it to get the goal. For the second Anthony Stokes was dying to take it - but I had to show him how it is done first!" :thumbsup:

http://www.hibs.co.uk/news/more.php?id=3639_0_1_0_C

Riordans Boots
24-08-2009, 03:20 PM

Sheer class :not worth