Any one else agree?:greengrin

Defo.. Very very lucky indeed....

Hibercelona
22-08-2009, 12:58 PM
He shouldnt have been on a yellow in the first place. :confused:

Jack
22-08-2009, 01:01 PM

But it was and he's been under pressure, maybe he doesn't see it, ever since.

Speedy
22-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Should have been off. Could have been a straight red for violent conduct, then there's the rest after that

Hibs Class
22-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Any one else agree?:greengrin

One or two on JKB, e.g.

"There is no doubt if that was Mikey Stewart doing what Bamba has just done in the last 10 mins he would have been off, no doubt, maybe Mikey Stewarts outburts has some substance. "

xyz23jc
22-08-2009, 01:35 PM
One or two on JKB, e.g.

"There is no doubt if that was Mikey Stewart doing what Bamba has just done in the last 10 mins he would have been off, no doubt, maybe Mikey Stewarts outburts has some substance. "

Doubt if Mikey Stewart would have tolerated that little sh*** Mcnamara noising him up at HT! Loathsome little cheat!

500miles
22-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Bamba got kicked, and fouled all game. Need's to take his frustration an put it into hammering forwards while winning the ball cleanly.

zlatan
22-08-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm pleased the SFA got my e-mail and have enforced the rule that even touching Sol Bamba is a yellow card offence.

Take that Finnigan, no one touches our Solly.

J-C
22-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Love his comitment but has to learn to jump without raising his arms, could've gave away a penalty and a free kick in a dangerous position.

Frazerbob
22-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Finnigan tried to get Sol sent off but pulling his hair when he was on the ground. Sol reacted but could have done a lot worse. Falkirk obviously told to wind him up in an attept to get him sent off. Yogi noticed it and spoke about it on Radio Scotland. Poor show from Eddie May.

hibiedude
22-08-2009, 01:52 PM

If it was a Falkirk player you would be on the site moaning about the ref not sending him off.

Bamba was very lucky today and you no it. :duck:

Hibercelona
22-08-2009, 01:54 PM
If it was a Falkirk player you would be on the site moaning about the ref not sending him off.

Bamba was very lucky today and you no it. :duck:

Never said he shouldnt have been.... just saying that his first booking should not have been. :wink:

RoYO!
22-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Finnigan tried to get Sol sent off but pulling his hair when he was on the ground. Sol reacted but could have done a lot worse. Falkirk obviously told to wind him up in an attept to get him sent off. Yogi noticed it and spoke about it on Radio Scotland. Poor show from Eddie May.

:agree:
great refereeing in my opinion, linesman prob noticed the hair pull and bamba reacted with an open hand/ slap to the guys thigh for doing it. Fair enough call in my opinion.

Hibbyradge
22-08-2009, 02:00 PM
What game are we taliking about? :confused:

Who is Bamaba? :confused:

Gaun the Yogi!

Part/Time Supporter
22-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Using that referee's "logic", Scobbie, Finnigan, Bamba and McBride could all have been sent off. He indirectly got it about right (nobody off), there was no one player who committed two clear and undisputable yellow card offences.

Ed De Gramo
22-08-2009, 02:07 PM
We've got Sol, We've got Sol Bamba!

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2009, 02:37 PM
What a load of crap, Bamba should never have been sent off. The game in scotland is becoming a game for pussies. You cant do anything without fans and opposition players now baying for blood, and thats any tackle. Its used to be a mans game.:bitchy:

Hibs90
22-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Sol Bamba. What a player. Could easily play in the English Premiership IMO. I just hope we can hold onto him.

MOTM today. :agree:

SmashinGlass
22-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Reasonable performance from ref today, although must say Hogg's booking was an absolute joke. Bamba possibly lucky, but it was clear Falkirk were tasked with winding him up (hair pull was pretty clear!) Also noticed foot being left in on Cregg pretty regularly as well.

7Hero
22-08-2009, 02:43 PM
What a load of crap, Bamba should never have been sent off. :bitchy:

he was lucky to stay on the pitch, total bombscare and a disaster waiting to happen, no doubt agains't celtic next week for the video cameras again. punt him out the door yogi, he is pants..

Hibs90
22-08-2009, 02:44 PM
he was lucky to stay on the pitch, total bombscare and a disaster waiting to happen, no doubt agains't celtic next week for the video cameras again. punt him out the door yogi, he is pants..

I do hope you are being sarcastic.

7Hero
22-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Sol Bamba. What a player. Could easily play in the English Premiership IMO. I just hope we can hold onto him.

MOTM today. :agree:

:faf:

7Hero
22-08-2009, 02:45 PM
I do hope you are being sarcastic.

nope.

Hibs90
22-08-2009, 02:45 PM
:faf:

Problem?:bye:

Hibs90
22-08-2009, 02:47 PM
nope.

Well you sir are a fud. Bamba is superb. Always wins the header. Always wins the tackle. Strong, Athletic. Great player. He will go far.

7Hero
22-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Problem?:bye:

sorry ? whats your point...

zlatan
22-08-2009, 02:48 PM

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if it is terrible.

7Hero
22-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if it is terrible.

thanks for that, hopfully ill be proved wrong and he'll be off to liverpool as he was quoted saying they were interested.

Hibs90
22-08-2009, 02:49 PM
sorry ? whats your point...

Bamba is not a bombscare. Best player on the park today.

RoYO!
22-08-2009, 02:52 PM

wow........

he may have had the occassional scare, but what defender never puts a foot wrong?

he has been the difference for hibs so far this season.

so are you saying you'd get rid of him for free??

admin: is there a 'you're a donkey' smiley?

7Hero
22-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Well you sir are a fud. .

i very good..

The_Todd
22-08-2009, 02:53 PM
I thought Bamba was great today. I was worried about the Rob Jones void, but not anymore.

If they all played with the heart of big Sol today we'd be discussing a 5-0 trouncing of Falkirk, not a lucky 3-1 win.

Ceske Bairn
22-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Bamba was involved in 2 major incidents today, 1 the handbags with Finnigan, he took a swipe of his leg and should have been a yellow, his 2nd.

Secondly, he handled the ball out for a corner at the Falkirk end in the 2nd half, clear penalty but ref was wrong side of it to see properly.

That said, unfortunatly for Falkirk, he was MOTM today, won everything he had to do. Should not have been on the park though come the 2nd half IMHO.

Hibs90
22-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Bamba was involved in 2 major incidents today, 1 the handbags with Finnigan, he took a swipe of his leg and should have been a yellow, his 2nd.

Secondly, he handled the ball out for a corner at the Falkirk end in the 2nd half, clear penalty but ref was wrong side of it to see properly.

That said, unfortunatly for Falkirk, he was MOTM today, won everything he had to do. Should not have been on the park though come the 2nd half IMHO.

Finnigan shouldn't have been on the park either.

Mikey_1875
22-08-2009, 02:56 PM
It was Bamba vs Falkirk in the first half, he was the player who pulled us through that 1st half and topped it off with a goal aswell. MOTM by miles today.

7Hero
22-08-2009, 02:57 PM
u don't need a donkey smiley, you need a bamba smiley..

Violater
22-08-2009, 02:59 PM
What a load of crap, Bamba should never have been sent off. The game in scotland is becoming a game for pussies. You cant do anything without fans and opposition players now baying for blood, and thats any tackle. Its used to be a mans game.:bitchy:

Totally agree with this statement. How many cards were in this game? 9 in total for both teams? It was'nt a dirty game by any means. Thought the ref was pretty poor IMO.

Part/Time Supporter
22-08-2009, 03:03 PM

Accidental from looking at the tv coverage. The ball hit another player's head immediately in front of Bamba and then hit his hand.

If it wasn't for Bamba, Hibs could have been overrun in the first half and certainly wouldn't have been level.

ross1875
22-08-2009, 03:10 PM

what game were you watchin ya clown was easily hibs best player today strong at the back and used the ball wel and a goal what else do you want from a centre half

Mikeystewart
22-08-2009, 03:11 PM

I think its already be mentioned , no one thinks he should have its just he was lucky that he did not get sent off.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2009, 03:15 PM

I have to say you normally come across as quite sencible, but that is possibly the biggest load of tripe i have read for quite a while on here. Are there any tackles that are fouls, you dont think should be punished with a booking?

Jack
22-08-2009, 03:21 PM
I certainly didn’t think he was man of the match today. I thought he was very untidy, for him, and just seemed to be lacking a wee bit something I canny put my finger on.

I thought the Falkirk players were certainly out to get him, as the Hibs player most likely to loose it, but normally he doesn’t let that get to him – it did today.

Still a solid performance, just not as good as he’s been or MOTM good.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2009, 03:23 PM
I think its already be mentioned , no one thinks he should have its just he was lucky that he did not get sent off.

Why was he lucky not to be sent off? As i have said before, fans always say we dont want to see players sent off, and this or that player was sent off, and it ruined the game. Yet we get this histerical calls for players to be sent off, when in actual fact its for nothing fouls, or not even fouls. Then you get players pulling hair wanting a reaction, to get that player sent off. Pussies the lot of them, players and fans alike. Grow a set of balls, and behave like men.:bitchy:

Ceske Bairn
22-08-2009, 06:40 PM
I have to say you normally come across as quite sencible, but that is possibly the biggest load of tripe i have read for quite a while on here. Are there any tackles that are fouls, you dont think should be punished with a booking?

Of course not every foul is a booking but Finnigan was rightly shown a yellow card and Bamba should have too. But the ref knew that as he had just booked him for a celebration (nonsense by the way) then he would have been off.

Poor decision by the ref IMHO.

Anyway coulda, woulda, shoulda.

PS Tripe? Im offended. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Of course not every foul is a booking but Finnigan was rightly shown a yellow card and Bamba should have too. But the ref knew that as he had just booked him for a celebration (nonsense by the way) then he would have been off.

For what, pushing him away? That is tripe.:wink: If we are booking players for this, then there wont be many left on the pitch. Its a mans game ffs, let them have some physical contact. Its because of fans like you, who scream for sending offs, that puts pressure on the ref's, who then start booking players willy nilly, like today, and thats what results in sending offs, in a game thats got no contact anyore, this is rediculous.

tanfield
22-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Thought he was extremely lucky to stay on the park. Was sitting on a yellow and could have been off for the incident with Finnegan although clearly provoked. Then went through Finnegan a minute later.

Great player but got to learn. Know it's supposed to be a mans game and all that but referees book for seemingly anything these days and he's no good to us sitting in the stand.

m_hibs
22-08-2009, 07:02 PM

So if his first booking was nonsense it all balanced out surely?

ronaldo7
22-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Two games into the season and the fans of both St Mirren last week and Falkirk this week have been screaming blue murder every time a Hibs man wins the ball in a hard tackle.

They must be going soft:cool2:

Mibbes Aye
22-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Fact is Bamba didn't get sent off. Neither did anyone else. Despite 3/4 of our defence playing more than a half each on a yellow.

I'd call that professional, rather than lucky. Well done Hibs :thumbsup:

Jones28
22-08-2009, 07:15 PM
*****ting masell the whole game, every time he went in for the ball :worried::greengrin

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Fact is Bamba didn't get sent off. Neither did anyone else. Despite 3/4 of our defence playing more than a half each on a yellow.

:top marks:agree: And that was despite provocation from the falkirk players, and the total over the top reactions by the falkirk fans to every tackle, foul or not. :bitchy:

Hiber-nation
22-08-2009, 07:18 PM

Just noticed this quite astonishing post, probably one of the worst I have ever read on here.

:crazy:

marinello59
22-08-2009, 07:18 PM

Spot on.:top marks

TheBall'sRound
22-08-2009, 08:25 PM
I think we have very politely overlooked the fact that Finigan went down like he had been shot shortly after his hair pulling incident. He had not one, but two kicks at Bamba on his way down where he proceeded to roll about on the ground like a three year old in Asda.

If anyone deserved to see red it was that wind-up merchant.

Bamba did well not to boot someone up in the air in frustration.

WindyMiller
22-08-2009, 08:32 PM
I certainly didn’t think he was man of the match today. I thought he was very untidy, for him, and just seemed to be lacking a wee bit something I canny put my finger on.

I thought the Falkirk players were certainly out to get him, as the Hibs player most likely to loose it, but normally he doesn’t let that get to him – it did today.

Still a solid performance, just not as good as he’s been or MOTM good.

A CH partner perhaps ?

Part/Time Supporter
22-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Two games into the season and the fans of both St Mirren last week and Falkirk this week have been screaming blue murder every time a Hibs man wins the ball in a hard tackle.

They must be going soft:cool2:

Either that or just plain shocked at Hibs (notorious soft touches in recent seasons) sticking in a few tackles.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-08-2009, 08:48 PM

Whereas the ref saw your forward deliberately handle the ball in our penalty box in the first half and resisted the temptation to card him (might have been incompetence as he was pesh for both sides).

Thems the breaks.