PDA

View Full Version : Off The Ball

Frazerbob
22-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Getting stuck into Celtic for their "restricted view" seats. 500 of the 700 St Johnston tickets are restricted view costing £22. That really is farce. Is it any wonder the game is dying a death in this country!!

cabbageandribs1875
22-08-2009, 10:53 AM
also mentioned something about us charging sellick fans £27(+ £1.50 booking fee) for a game thats live on the tellybox.

wee 162
22-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Getting stuck into Celtic for their "restricted view" seats. 500 of the 700 St Johnston tickets are restricted view costing £22. That really is farce. Is it any wonder the game is dying a death in this country!!

So the same price as it is to get in the terracing where every single seat is pretty much a restricted view. Unless it's a big game when it's £27.

Tam Cowan and Stuart Cosgrove can go radge about Celtic all they want, but we should be pretty careful about starting to throw stones about it from the equivalent of the Botanics Glasshouses...

Steve-O
22-08-2009, 01:37 PM
So the same price as it is to get in the terracing where every single seat is pretty much a restricted view. Unless it's a big game when it's £27.

Tam Cowan and Stuart Cosgrove can go radge about Celtic all they want, but we should be pretty careful about starting to throw stones about it from the equivalent of the Botanics Glasshouses...

Restricted view at Parkhead is MUCH worse than restricted view at Easter Road.

ArabHibee
22-08-2009, 02:17 PM

:agree: And the restricted view at ER is in one of the home stands, so you don't have to go in there or have your season ticket there.

When you go to darkheid you don't have much choice re: your ticket.
They're a bunch of sheisters!!

wee 162
22-08-2009, 03:40 PM

My seat in the terracing you can't see all of one goal, you can't see about a quarter of one end, and there are bits all over the park where there is a pillar in the way. I've been in a restricted view seat at Parkhead a couple of times and been able to see much more of the pitch than I can from my own seat at ER.

My point was that Hibs sell restricted view seats for exactly the same price as Celtic do. Which is absolutely true.

wee 162
22-08-2009, 03:42 PM
:agree: And the restricted view at ER is in one of the home stands, so you don't have to go in there or have your season ticket there.

When you go to darkheid you don't have much choice re: your ticket.
They're a bunch of sheisters!!

Which makes you ask why a ticket for there is the same price as from the seats where you can actually see the whole park naw?

The whole thing on Off The Ball was talking about rip offs in Scottish football in terms of pricing. Anyone who doesn't think the terracing is one of the biggest examples of this is kidding themselves on imo.

col02
22-08-2009, 03:44 PM
also mentioned something about us charging sellick fans £27(+ £1.50 booking fee) for a game thats live on the tellybox.

Their point is what exactly? I have to pay that or more everytime I go thru to that smelly cesspit of a stadium to watch Hibs in the worst away section in the SPL.

ArabHibee
22-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Which makes you ask why a ticket for there is the same price as from the seats where you can actually see the whole park naw?

The whole thing on Off The Ball was talking about rip offs in Scottish football in terms of pricing. Anyone who doesn't think the terracing is one of the biggest examples of this is kidding themselves on imo.

I think you are missing the point I am trying to make. The restricted view at ER is for HOME fans only, and as there are 2 other stands they can sit in without a restricted view, fans who sit in the East Stand do so knowing they had the choice to sit elsewhere. Away fans coming to ER do not have a restricted view.

Away fans going to darkheid don't have that option. The majority of tickets are restricted view. Do any of their fans have restricted view? That I do not know but would be interested to find out.

I do however, agree that the pricing for the East Stand at ER is ludicrous compared to the rest of the ground. But the board know this and know that people will pay to sit in a dilapadated shed for the atmosphere (well sometimes) and the banter. I would also hazard a guess that some smokers may have decided to go into the East as its a lot easier to have a fly smoke outside the back of that stand than any others.