PDA

View Full Version : Yams: A New Culture of Sadness and Despair?

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2009, 10:10 AM
There seems to be a chronic outbreak of realism down Gorgie way. A culture of sadness, despair, and hard-done-by-ness ('how did we no get Stokes?'). I prefer the old arrogant deluded supremacist tosh. Thoughts?

Sergey
22-08-2009, 10:20 AM
You're right, Bob. Posts such as this may well be a distant memory :boo hoo:

Originally Posted by Shaun Lawson on KB, 16-5-09
FAO our dear friends at hibs.net

Well, well, well. Hearts are going on a European tour; Hibs are staying at home as usual. Late last year, you insisted our demise was about to happen, administration and all the rest of it. Unbelievably, you're still writing thread after thread about it - but guess what? No-one's listening any more.

Tell us: what's it like to be more obsessed with your neighbours than to love your own club? Special mention here to those online graduates of the Adam Smith Institute, Heraghty's, Caversham Green and the one and only Sergey. Do any of you ever write anything about Hibs at all? It sure as heck doesn't seem that way. Oh, and inserting that naff green 'goodbye' smiley at the end of your latest bout of delusion doesn't mean your wildest fantasies (well, apart from losing your virginity at last) are about to come true!

Still, never mind. Tick tock, eh boys? Ever wondered why no-one in the national media has ever speculated in the way you constantly do? Here's a hint: it's because your dreams do not equal reality. This club will be here for as long and longer than you will; and as long as it does, you'll always be in our shadow. 108 years - and counting.

Saorsa
22-08-2009, 10:23 AM
There seems to be a chronic outbreak of realism down Gorgie way. A culture of sadness, despair, and hard-done-by-ness ('how did we no get Stokes?'). I prefer the old arrogant deluded supremacist tosh. Thoughts?I'd prefer that neither they or their club existed at all. Hopefully sooner or later customs or somebody else will take them tae the cleaners or Vlad will piss off and leave them up s*** creek.

Barney McGrew
22-08-2009, 10:23 AM
What a shame their european tour is over after only one gig.

Phil D. Rolls
22-08-2009, 10:28 AM
I've always found them pathetic (ie sad and deserving sympathy). You actually have to admire those guys bravery, coming back time and time again and thinking "maybe just maybe this is the big one", only for it to evaporate like the sour milk that spilled from their broken bottles. They remind me of those people that try to win the London Marathon, even though they have no legs, or even Eddie the Eagle, or Alf Tupper.

Best of British to the Yams, they typify the never say die, Dunkirk spirit of this great and famous, historic country.

Danderhall Hibs
22-08-2009, 10:28 AM

It's amazing that Shaun thinks that we're the ones fantasising about losing our virginity.

Danderhall Hibs
22-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Best of British to the Yams, they typify the never say die, Dunkirk spirit of this great and famous, historic country.

It all goes back to 1914...

Scorrie
22-08-2009, 10:31 AM

Jeezo that Lawson post is only 3 months old. What's happened in that time?

PS Good to catch up with you at Bolton Sergey and cheers for the tickets. Been a while eh?

Dibben
22-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Tell us: what's it like to be more obsessed with your neighbours than to love your own club?

Thats a really ironic quote for SL, considering the amount of time he'd spent on here - over 900 posts!!!

Tube...

BH.

Sergey
22-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Lifted from notes made in the Yams accounts in 2007:

"The Board believes the current levels of debt are manageable and will reduce as the club moves towards profitability. Future revenues will be generated through increased participation in European competition ..." :faf:

Jack
22-08-2009, 11:08 AM

While I appreciate your sarcasm, sorry FR, I object to that part in that it demeans the effort and sacrifice of those brave souls. Nothing could be further from that than these Neanderthal cretins across the road.

Sergey
22-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Yet more evidence.....

Yam Trumpet (who will now be banned from KB)

Wee Team : Have to sell players to survive, Unable to afford to buy decent players

Big Team: err well.....

The shoes on the other foot now and if anyone mentions that we have made loads of summer signings i'll swing for them
I don't know where we found them but they are so bad they should be paying Hearts for getting a game
We now sign the cheapest players available irrespective of the fact that they can't actually play football

Would anyone here really have said no to signing Stokes?

Where are the jokers now that called Bouzid a legend and said we would challenge for second place - are they off their medication?

Its going to be a long hard season

I know this will be met with "Hobo", "Wrist Slitter" etc
I don't care - what I have said is true and we all know it

:lolyam:

Phil D. Rolls
22-08-2009, 05:03 PM
While I appreciate your sarcasm, sorry FR, I object to that part in that it demeans the effort and sacrifice of those brave souls. Nothing could be further from that than these Neanderthal cretins across the road.

I wasn't taking it that seriously. Sorry if it offended it wasn't meant as a pop at the people who fought for this country, more at those who evoke that spirit for the most trivial reasons - particularly the English based press who trot it out whenever there is a semi-important sporting fixture involving an English team.

ancient hibee
22-08-2009, 05:14 PM
I've always found them pathetic (ie sad and deserving sympathy). You actually have to admire those guys bravery, coming back time and time again and thinking "maybe just maybe this is the big one", only for it to evaporate like the sour milk that spilled from their broken bottles. They remind me of those people that try to win the London Marathon, even though they have no legs, or even Eddie the Eagle, or Alf Tupper.

I'll have you know that Alf Tupper(a hero of mine)was a winner-sometimes still wearing his working clothes as he had stopped off on the way to the race to rescue someone in peril.To compare these lunatics to him is almost actionable.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-08-2009, 06:11 PM
As Cambridge dictionary (Shaun is from Cambridge is he not?) the word tour means:

2 [C] a journey made for pleasure, especially as a holiday, visiting several different places in an area:
a cycling tour of Provence
They've just come back from a tour of/UK ALSO round Devon and Cornwall.

So wrong on both accounts - next...

PS:

Shaun Lawson: as an anagram does Hon. A**l Wuss offer an accurate portrayal ?

hibbybrian
22-08-2009, 06:14 PM
I'll have you know that Alf Tupper(a hero of mine)was a winner-sometimes still wearing his working clothes as he had stopped off on the way to the race to rescue someone in peril.To compare these lunatics to him is almost actionable.

I'm sure Nade enjoys a (few) fish suppers before the game :wink:

Crab apple
22-08-2009, 08:07 PM
It's amazing that Shaun thinks that we're the ones fantasising about losing our virginity.

Don't think there's much chance of him losing it this weekend when he's up in Edinburgh for his first Hertz game. He's bringing his Mum with him.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Don't think there's much chance of him losing it this weekend when he's up in Edinburgh for his first Hertz game. He's bringing his Mum with him.

She doubles up as his carer on nights away.

magpie1892
22-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Doesn't anyone have the link to that great Kickback post of a couple of years ago where the yam was giving it: 'Hibs can no longer be considered our 'rivals' as we are operating on a different leve lfrom them now' sort of carry on?

It's way better than the quote atop this thread and I know someone has it, somewhere...

Dig it oot.

Sergey
22-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Doesn't anyone have the link to that great Kickback post of a couple of years ago where the yam was giving it: 'Hibs can no longer be considered our 'rivals' as we are operating on a different leve lfrom them now' sort of carry on?

It's way better than the quote atop this thread and I know someone has it, somewhere...

Dig it oot.

This one?

“I don't think Celtic and Rangers will progress much and I think we can play at their level”
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...an/5211620.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/5211620.stm)

PaulSmith
22-08-2009, 08:26 PM
This one?

Nah, it was a classic chest thumping post from Kickback about how they are now operating on a level with Rangers and Celtic and that Hibs cannot and will never now be realistic rivals now that Romanov is in town.

Beefster
22-08-2009, 08:30 PM

I think we should get Bawbag Lawson back on here. I miss the daily feeling of superiority and contempt that he used to give me.

Sergey
22-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Nah, it was a classic chest thumping post from Kickback about how they are now operating on a level with Rangers and Celtic and that Hibs cannot and will never now be realistic rivals now that Romanov is in town.

Maybe this one :greengrin

http://www.jamboskickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=41422

ScottB
22-08-2009, 08:32 PM
There's always been the sensible Yams, who recognise this Big Team gibberish as what it is; nonsense, there's a fag paper between them.

Problem for the Believers is now, that this is the first real big attack we've made on this assertion, while bringing Riordan and Murray back was big business, it went under their radar, we've just brought in Stokes for a fee they can't even dream of paying apparently on a wage that is now beyond their structure.

Now all we need to do is win the Scottish Cup and the Yam hordes will be snapped out of their trance once and for all! Perhaps it would take all that to finally hit home to some the reality of their situation.

FranckSuzy
22-08-2009, 09:30 PM
From Brokeback.......... Samaritan's anyone??

Hearts in crisis; Let's have a sense of perspective.
Let's start with the facts, this week has been an absolute disaster. Disgraced by the skipper in a lacklustre performance in Dundee and then crushed by the Croats in ruthless style. It hasn't been nice to watch at all, and it's hurt me big time.

With Csaba now stalling on a new contract, and vitriol being directed at the likes of Fat Christian and Muppet Stewart, all i am sensing on here is a downbeat depression. It's asthough we're back to the days of Stevie Fail and the likes of Beniusis.

Well, we're not. We've just had a very successful season, and the nucleus of the squad remains. We've added some quality with Kucharski, Bouzid and Suso although the jury is still out to a certain extent.

What we must realise is that we are missing our two genuine star players in Andrew Driver and Laryea Kingston. These guys can come in and add a bit more excitement and i have no doubt we will be up there in the EL places at the end of the season; and Hibernian will be nowhere to be seen.

We're Scotland's 3rd Force, and we have the best manager we've had in years. We seem to be criticising him for the use of Nade, Stewart & Witeveen aswell as slating him for the choice of Eggert as captain. Why don't we just trust him to do the job he's proven he can do?

Let's be a bit more positive and get Tynecastle rocking tomorrow. We've pumped the Huns before and we'll do it again.

Less of the doom and gloom and a bit more positivity wouldn't go a miss.

'Mon the Hearts!

Viva_Palmeiras
22-08-2009, 09:42 PM
we've just brought in Stokes for a fee they can't even dream of paying apparently on a wage that is now beyond their structure.

Isn't the supposedly reported figure of 800K we paid for Stokes the same the Yams didn't pay Genk for that bloke who was injured a lot? :faf:

Hibercelona
22-08-2009, 09:51 PM
From Brokeback.......... Samaritan's anyone??

Hearts in crisis; Let's have a sense of perspective.
Let's start with the facts, this week has been an absolute disaster. Disgraced by the skipper in a lacklustre performance in Dundee and then crushed by the Croats in ruthless style. It hasn't been nice to watch at all, and it's hurt me big time.

With Csaba now stalling on a new contract, and vitriol being directed at the likes of Fat Christian and Muppet Stewart, all i am sensing on here is a downbeat depression. It's asthough we're back to the days of Stevie Fail and the likes of Beniusis.

Well, we're not. We've just had a very successful season, and the nucleus of the squad remains. We've added some quality with Kucharski, Bouzid and Suso although the jury is still out to a certain extent.

What we must realise is that we are missing our two genuine star players in Andrew Driver and Laryea Kingston. These guys can come in and add a bit more excitement and i have no doubt we will be up there in the EL places at the end of the season; and Hibernian will be nowhere to be seen.

We're Scotland's 3rd Force, and we have the best manager we've had in years. We seem to be criticising him for the use of Nade, Stewart & Witeveen aswell as slating him for the choice of Eggert as captain. Why don't we just trust him to do the job he's proven he can do?

Let's be a bit more positive and get Tynecastle rocking tomorrow. We've pumped the Huns before and we'll do it again.

Less of the doom and gloom and a bit more positivity wouldn't go a miss.

'Mon the Hearts!

Diluded plums. :faf:

Peevemor
22-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Diluded plums. :faf:

... just add water? :greengrin

Hibercelona
22-08-2009, 09:54 PM
... just add water? :greengrin

:greengrin

FranckSuzy
22-08-2009, 10:00 PM
This takes the (chocolate) biscuit on brokeback.

"Lard of the rings played at a decent level before joining us. Guys like stokes, cadamatri and kyle where not much better but it seems they have adapted to the spl alot easier than fatty. At no point has he looked a pro footballer and it seems we had been sold a pup from day one.

Can we not sack him on health grounds. There must be a clause in the contract that if a player ends up as the same shape as john Leslie that he can be binned".

:confused: Eh. he's not a professional footballer......

Peevemor
22-08-2009, 10:05 PM
I notice that Dexterfud has tried to rally the troops with his "brokeback's bigger than hibs.net" thread.

I don't know how I'll manage to sleep tonight.

:trumpet:

jacomo
22-08-2009, 10:43 PM

I'd never read that post from Shaun Lawson before. Dear oh dear. :bitchy:

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2009, 02:42 PM
I'd never read that post from Shaun Lawson before. Dear oh dear. :bitchy:

Have got to say that I personally miss Shaun's needy ingratiating, pseudo-homosexual (in the Fruedian sense) posts on this board.

Will sign up for Slickblack (the Nade board) so I can (metaphorically speaking) enjoy him again.

jacomo
23-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Have got to say that I personally miss Shaun's needy ingratiating, pseudo-homosexual (in the Fruedian sense) posts on this board.

Will sign up for Slickblack (the Nade board) so I can (metaphorically speaking) enjoy him again.

Good luck, but you might find the urge to respond just too overwhelming... and if you do, you WILL get binned.

Malthibby
23-08-2009, 03:45 PM
We must bear in mind that they did score today, a whole, proper goal, so they may feel entitled to hang onto their delusion for a while yet.
Not every day that they score a goal, so well done them, I say.
Yoyo, as the children say.

whiskyhibby
23-08-2009, 03:51 PM

Dig it oot.

He was right ofcourse................The Jumbo's are rapidly heading for the 1st Division :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

magpie1892
23-08-2009, 04:50 PM
The link someone posted was broke but I think we're reading from the same page. If anyone can find this original post I would be most grateful, it really was superb stuff - pure, unadulterated delusion and hubris.

Aldo
23-08-2009, 05:29 PM
This takes the (chocolate) biscuit on brokeback.

"Lard of the rings played at a decent level before joining us. Guys like stokes, cadamatri and kyle where not much better but it seems they have adapted to the spl alot easier than fatty. At no point has he looked a pro footballer and it seems we had been sold a pup from day one.

Can we not sack him on health grounds. There must be a clause in the contract that if a player ends up as the same shape as john Leslie that he can be binned".

:confused: Eh. he's not a professional footballer......

****in hilarious. They would be comin in their pants if they signed a player the quality of Stokes. I for one dont give a **** about them and TBH would love to see the SC in the trophy cabinet however I would rather survive and live to play on for years rather than struggle week to week with financial meltdown.