PDA

View Full Version : Media Funniest Chants, according to Independent

McHibby
22-08-2009, 07:52 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/the-funniest-football-chants-1774361.html?action=Popup&ino=1

One of the funniest I mind is being at Dunfermile train station (after a cup match) on the day Graham Rix was appointed. And folk were singing "...In yer Gorgie slums.." But with the words changed to "you rake in the bucket for something to eat, and oot comes a man trying to offer you a sweet". :faf:

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2009, 08:19 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/the-funniest-football-chants-1774361.html?action=Popup&ino=1

One of the funniest I mind is being at Dunfermile train station (after a cup match) on the day Graham Rix was appointed. And folk were singing "...In yer Gorgie slums.." But with the words changed to "you rake in the bucket for something to eat, and oot comes a man trying to offer you a sweet". :faf:

I remember a group of young lads, only around 14, singing: "Tony Mowbray, and Ivan Sproool...Rixy's bird is still at school..."

down-the-slope
22-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Been to Old Trafford with a mate who supports them.

Man U fans singing about Korean Park Ji Sung to the tune of dance dance

Park Park whereever you may be
You eat dogs in you country

Could be worse, could be Scouse
Eating rats in your council house

Phil D. Rolls
22-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Who can forget that time the soap dodgers sang "you're not very good...", and we came back immediately with "you're not very clean...". I thought that was amazingly witty.

IWasThere2016
22-08-2009, 09:15 AM
"Feed the Weegies" is class IMHO :thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
22-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Been to Old Trafford with a mate who supports them.

Man U fans singing about Korean Park Ji Sung to the tune of dance dance

Park Park whereever you may be
You eat dogs in you country

Could be worse, could be Scouse
Eating rats in your council house

I think this song is genius!

lyonhibs
22-08-2009, 10:18 AM
"aaaaaaaaaand if you tolerate Rix then your children will be next"

Not the most tasteful, but comic gold IMO :agree:

hibeeboy
22-08-2009, 11:20 AM
The best has to be the chant started from the terracing against hearts towards Stevie Fulton. After taking abuse all day for his male model looks, fulton decided to abuse the hibs fans back, thus getting booked. therefore giving a new chant to him" booked for being ugly, u just got booked for being ugly"

hibee_girl
22-08-2009, 12:10 PM
The best has to be the chant started from the terracing against hearts towards Stevie Fulton. After taking abuse all day for his male model looks, fulton decided to abuse the hibs fans back, thus getting booked. therefore giving a new chant to him" booked for being ugly, u just got booked for being ugly"

He didn't give out abuse, I'm sure he just blew a kiss

hibeeboy
22-08-2009, 12:30 PM

i thought he used hand gestures which is why he got booked

Kaiser1962
22-08-2009, 01:41 PM

He did. Then he got booked and the chant went up. To be fair Steve Fulton was pissing himself.

heidtheba
22-08-2009, 01:51 PM
I actually took a class to Tynie once on a trip (don't ask) and we got there just after training ended. It was back in 98/99. Some of the players were seriously arrogant. One (now) quite quite elderly member of the playing staff who now plays for the blue half old firm was really arrogant to the kids who all looked hopefully at him as he walked past. They didn't ask him for autographs or anything but he didn't even say hello...My class was a mix of 10/11 year olds and there were quite a few Hearts fans who were a bit gutted not even to get a smile from him. Very much billy big time (no pun intended).

Anyway, Fulton came out of the changing room - turned back towards us and spend a lot of time with the kids. We weren't there to speak to the players and they didn't know about our trip so it really was a spur of the moment thing but he was really nice to them, signed all their worksheets and really acted like a total pro and a real gent. I've got nothing but good things to say about Baggio - thought I'd chuck that in!

London Hibee
22-08-2009, 02:03 PM
I like the refrain from the Arsenal fans at Celtic Park.

At 2-0 down, with Celtic fans leaving in droves, the Gooners sang

"Is there a fire drill ?"

ArabHibee
22-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I like the Hibees version of "H.E.A.R.T.S."

basehibby
22-08-2009, 02:17 PM
I actually took a class to Tynie once on a trip (don't ask) and we got there just after training ended. It was back in 98/99. Some of the players were seriously arrogant. One (now) quite quite elderly member of the playing staff who now plays for the blue half old firm was really arrogant to the kids who all looked hopefully at him as he walked past. They didn't ask him for autographs or anything but he didn't even say hello...My class was a mix of 10/11 year olds and there were quite a few Hearts fans who were a bit gutted not even to get a smile from him. Very much billy big time (no pun intended).

Anyway, Fulton came out of the changing room - turned back towards us and spend a lot of time with the kids. We weren't there to speak to the players and they didn't know about our trip so it really was a spur of the moment thing but he was really nice to them, signed all their worksheets and really acted like a total pro and a real gent. I've got nothing but good things to say about Baggio - thought I'd chuck that in!

Well done that man - and truth be told at the "booked for being ugly" match he DID just blow a kiss after taking pelters galore about his cover boy looks and the booking was really a travesty - funny as **** tho. :greengrin

The Harp
22-08-2009, 03:21 PM

Nice to read your post. As basehibby said, he took the chant in good part. Says a lot about the guy I suppose.

heidtheba
22-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Cheers...I'll balance it up by saying I did almost literally wet myself when Dave McPherson actually, not a joke, hit his head on the toilet door frame in the gents in Montpelliers in Bruntsfield.
I was midstream at the time and it was too funny for words.
Composure won
just...:greengrin

iwasthere1972
22-08-2009, 03:40 PM
The Livi fans singing

"Easy, Easy"

when Hibs were thumping them 7-0 a few seasons ago.

:top marks to their fans. :agree:

iwasthere1972
22-08-2009, 03:43 PM
I also like this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCXHbCYvzjI

:faf:

heidtheba
22-08-2009, 03:44 PM
"Were you watching Paul McStay" after Jackson (I think) converted a penalty a week after the Raith Rovers cup win...