PDA

View Full Version : A superb signing but...

Gatecrasher
21-08-2009, 06:15 PM
we have a hard game tomorrow, iv seen too many let downs by the hibees and while im exited for the season i think its important to keep our feet on the ground :agree:

sleeping giant
21-08-2009, 06:16 PM
we have a hard game tomorrow, iv seen too many let downs by the hibees and while im exited for the season i think its important to keep our feet on the ground :agree:

I think our current forward will be out to prove a point against Falkirk.
They wont be wanting Stokes to be able to walk into the team.

We will be fired up :agree:

The_Todd
21-08-2009, 06:27 PM
As always, Falkirk will provide a challenge. One of the most enjoyable matches last year was 3-2 v Falkirk.

Ok, they've lost some players and their manager but they're no pushovers.

The atmosphere will be great, and I look forward to two teams playing the game the right way.

GreenBlade
21-08-2009, 07:03 PM

Sounds like youve got more than your feet on the ground mate!
Maybe you need a stronger anti-depressant, :greengrin

danger1875
21-08-2009, 07:06 PM
but he will not play tomorrow

Gatecrasher
21-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Sounds like youve got more than your feet on the ground mate!
Maybe you need a stronger anti-depressant, :greengrin

not at all depressed, im just aware challenges ahead :dummytit:

CapitalHibs
21-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Interesting post from a Bairns fan on the Bounce::greengrin

"OK My happy hibby chumlywumlies..............Heres what you have to do. Call a family conference then tell the assembled throng that you are seling the house, car, wife, weans and the dug. Once you have collected all your dosh from e bay get down to your local bookmakers and divide aforementioned loot in half. Put one half on Hibs getting a top three place and the other on winning the Scottish cup. Stokes is that good"

--------
21-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Interesting post from a Bairns fan on the Bounce::greengrin

"OK My happy hibby chumlywumlies..............Heres what you have to do. Call a family conference then tell the assembled throng that you are seling the house, car, wife, weans and the dug. Once you have collected all your dosh from e bay get down to your local bookmakers and divide aforementioned loot in half. Put one half on Hibs getting a top three place and the other on winning the Scottish cup. Stokes is that good"

He's gotta be joking.

There's NO WAY I'd sell my darling Lucy.

(Now the wife - THAT's a different story.)

hibsbollah
21-08-2009, 07:52 PM

I couldnt disagree more. Let us allow our euphoria to lift us from this mortal coil and send us drifting off into manic optimism:agree: Champions League Here We Come!:trumpet:

brownlies bits
21-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Agree great signing well done the tache :thumbsup:. but i wont get carried away yet. Big options up front now which is great, but we need a right back with experience and another centre half if Bamba goes which i hope doesnt happen (get him on a long term deal Rod). When we have a settled back four I will start jumpin up and down wi the best of them.

matty_f
21-08-2009, 11:02 PM

:agree:

Tomorrow's game mustn't be a distraction. We need to go prepared to work hard and play at our best to get the 3 points.

It would be entirely typical of Hibs to go and be on the wrong end of the result, and then watch as the Yam Nils somehow pull it out of the bag to beat the Huns, and all the hilarity of the last day or two comes back to bite us on the erse.

Of course, we could win comfortably and watch on, barely holding our sides together, as the Huns run a cricket score against Yams Nil.:thumbsup:

sahib
21-08-2009, 11:17 PM
:agree:

Tomorrow's game mustn't be a distraction. We need to go prepared to work hard and play at our best to get the 3 points.

It would be entirely typical of Hibs to go and be on the wrong end of the result, and then watch as the Yam Nils somehow pull it out of the bag to beat the Huns, and all the hilarity of the last day or two comes back to bite us on the erse.

Of course, we could win comfortably and watch on, barely holding our sides together, as the Huns run a cricket score against Yams Nil.:thumbsup:

We need a win. A draw for Rangers v Hearts would suit me fine.

lyonhibs
21-08-2009, 11:31 PM
I slightly fear the importance of our bread and butter - the SPL - has been lost by some fans (hopefully not the players) in this gloriously morth filled few days.

It will all count for very little if we fail to turn up against Falkirk and meekly limp to a 1-0 defeat, though I'd like to think with Yogi at the helm, any defeats we suffer will be as a result of the oppostion earning their win, not just scoring 1st then pashing themselves laughing as Hibs batter the ball long to an offside Nish and frustrated Riordan as was the "Maspterplan" for swathes of last season.

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2009, 08:42 AM
I think the euphoria is our right and we should enjoy it or be cautious depending on our own outlook and personalities. Let's not have the conceit that it'll mean anything on the park. In Yogi and the lads professionalism we must trust.

J-C
22-08-2009, 08:50 AM
I think it's important that we keep our feet firmly planted on the ground for the whole season, never mind this game. As Hibs fans we do tend to get a wee bit carried away when we have a little high and we seem to turn into world beaters ( in our heads anyway ).:wink:

NB Hibby
22-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Apologies if this info has appeared on other threads, but while I was aware of Stokes at Falkirk, I don't know much about his football abilities apart from the fact that he can stick the ball in the net.
Is he fast? (no Ramadan jokes)
Can he head a ball?
Does he lead the line or play off someone else?
Is he two-footed or a Fletcher?
Disciplinary record good?
Etc., etc.

Any info will be appreciated.