PDA

View Full Version : Stokes Debut

The_Todd
21-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Since there's a couple of threads with posters asking if Stokes is playing tomorrow, here's one place for the answer.

From the official site: Anthony Stokes looks set to make his home debut at Easter Road on Wednesday in the Co-Operative Insurance Cup match against Brechin City. Tickets for that match are on sale now

Raymond
21-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Since there's a couple of threads with posters asking if Stokes is playing tomorrow, here's one place for the answer.

From the official site: Anthony Stokes looks set to make his home debut at Easter Road on Wednesday in the Co-Operative Insurance Cup match against Brechin City. Tickets for that match are on sale now

That says he will make his HOME debut on Wednesday:wink:

Westie1875
21-08-2009, 05:33 PM

As we are away tomorrow, that does not answer the question :wink:

whiskyhibby
21-08-2009, 05:34 PM
I suspect not tomorrow given that he needs to get International Clearance :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

The_Todd
21-08-2009, 05:35 PM
I am a fud.

You heard it here first.

:shotdowni

rebhar
21-08-2009, 05:36 PM
But that says HOME debut:hmmm::devil::greengrin:wink: and we're AWAY at Falkirk...

The_Todd
21-08-2009, 05:38 PM
I am VINDICATED! From BBC Website:

Hibernian (from): Ma-Kalambay, Bamba, Hogg, Hanlon, McCann, McCormack, Van Zanten, Stevenson, Thicot, McBride, Galbraith, Wotherspoon, Rankin, Cregg, Zemmama, Riordan, Nish, Benjelloun, Byrne, Stack.

:na na:

YehButNoBut
21-08-2009, 05:38 PM
It says on the BBC site Hibernian expect to have new signing Anthony Stokes in their squad with the striker awaiting international clearance to play against his old club.

Also Zemamma back in contention. :thumbsup:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8210716.stm

The_Todd
21-08-2009, 05:40 PM
I am VINDICATED! From BBC Website:

Hibernian (from): Ma-Kalambay, Bamba, Hogg, Hanlon, McCann, McCormack, Van Zanten, Stevenson, Thicot, McBride, Galbraith, Wotherspoon, Rankin, Cregg, Zemmama, Riordan, Nish, Benjelloun, Byrne, Stack.

:na na:

It says on the BBC site Hibernian expect to have new signing Anthony Stokes in their squad with the striker awaiting international clearance to play against his old club.

Also Zemamma back in contention. :thumbsup:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8210716.stm

Clear as mud, then.

Kojock
21-08-2009, 05:41 PM
I am a fud.
You heard it here first.

Nah I heard that ages ago. :greengrin

The_Todd
21-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Nah I heard that ages ago. :greengrin

Worst kept secret :wink:

NOLA
21-08-2009, 08:26 PM
would rather stokes had a few training sessions to meet new teammates and understand tactics with us before just putting him in tomorrow for the sake of it, next wednesday will do for me, and i get to go to the game Yeeha!!

oldbutdim
21-08-2009, 08:30 PM
I am a fud.

You heard it here first.

Source?

:cool2:

Irish_Steve
21-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Source?

The world wide web!

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
21-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Source?

his maw :duck:

Mike777
21-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Should be a good attendance on wednesday then,

lyonhibs
21-08-2009, 09:53 PM
would rather stokes had a few training sessions to meet new teammates and understand tactics with us before just putting him in tomorrow for the sake of it, next wednesday will do for me, and i get to go to the game Yeeha!!

I suspect his principal tactic will be to put that ball shaped object in the back of that net shaped device.

Simples.

I'd say start him on the bench. If Plan A isn't coming off, him, Benji and Galbraith to come on in the 2nd half should be enough to reinvigorate the team and put the frighteners up Falkirk.

3-1 Hibs IMO :agree:

Part/Time Supporter
22-08-2009, 02:34 PM

Thread closed because he made his debut today.

Posts about his performance moved here (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=158845).