PDA

View Full Version : Yams Jealousy, It's such an awful thing...

MacBean
21-08-2009, 03:51 PM
For those of you unfortunate enough to have been banned or are too lazy to sign up to Keechback, then have a butchers at the Yams 606 thread on our recent acqusition.

the word 'Jealousy' is used a couple of times and its a great laugh to see them squirm!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A56068374
:jamboak:

RoYO!
21-08-2009, 04:04 PM
ahhhh the sun is shining, hearts are in turmoil, hibs sign stokes- (didnt even think we'd get him on loan!) possibility of more to come, oh yes, what a time it is to be a Hibee!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Scorrie
21-08-2009, 04:55 PM
I love the following...

"Nade offers us something that no other striker does.

A goal free game"

oh ma sides..:faf:.

Spike Mandela
21-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Not the only jealous team...

http://www.afc-chat.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=24104

Chuckie
21-08-2009, 05:09 PM
It's good to be a Hibby !! !!

:partyhibb

Haven't felt this good about Hibs in a long time..

PotsyHibee
21-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Amazing, what a great start to a week off :thumbsup:

They are that bad they are drooling over the prospect of Nish being surplus to requirement! Personally, I'd ditch JJ before Nish!

.SeventyFive
21-08-2009, 05:28 PM
To be fair, this is a hilarious replay regarding Nish signing for Hearts:

Any thoughts?

I don't have any thoughts, just a distant voice repeating over and over again 'oh sheet, oh sheet...'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/606/2/refresh/images/smileys/f_cry.gif (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/Smiley#cry)

PaulSmith
21-08-2009, 05:38 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEARTS-V-DINAMO-ZAGREB-TICKETS-heart-of-midlothian_W0QQitemZ110426540875QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZUK_Tickets_Tickets_LE?hash=item19b5ef4b4b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_500wt_1182

Ach for £2.25 a ticket I might take the family for a nights worth of comedy gold

keep the faith
21-08-2009, 05:40 PM
The best yam post EVER!

was looking at the Hibs board and the general consensus was that they feel they have too many strikers, and a few were suggesting they get rid of Johansson and Nish.

I know the guy is a Hobo through and through but I wouldnt mind taking Nish off their hands, I've always admired the guy and I think they underrate him.

Any thoughts?

:faf::faf: What a day!!

The_Todd
21-08-2009, 05:42 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEARTS-V-DINAMO-ZAGREB-TICKETS-heart-of-midlothian_W0QQitemZ110426540875QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZUK_Tickets_Tickets_LE?hash=item19b5ef4b4b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_500wt_1182

Ach for £2.25 a ticket I might take the family for a nights worth of comedy gold

Cheapest comedy at the fringe, I'll bet.

The best yam post EVER!

was looking at the Hibs board and the general consensus was that they feel they have too many strikers, and a few were suggesting they get rid of Johansson and Nish.

I know the guy is a Hobo through and through but I wouldnt mind taking Nish off their hands, I've always admired the guy and I think they underrate him.

Any thoughts?

They should be so lucky. Nish is the 12th all time SPL goalscorer with the chance to move above those ahead of him this season.

He's ours, thank you very much.

Mibbes Aye
21-08-2009, 05:45 PM
The best yam post EVER!

Any thoughts?

They would kill for a forward with Nish's scoring rate. He outscores six of their forwards all by himself.

Mon the Nish :agree:

Frogga
21-08-2009, 05:47 PM
I admire their honesty. Usually if one of us signs a good player the other fans find some way to play the signing down (old, overrated, injury-prone etc) so it shows how good a signing he is that even they are praising it.

The_Todd
21-08-2009, 05:51 PM
I admire their honesty. Usually if one of us signs a good player the other fans find some way to play the signing down (old, overrated, injury-prone etc) so it shows how good a signing he is that even they are praising it.

"Admiration is for poets and diary cows, Bobby", as Ben Horne from Twin Peaks once said.

Anyhoo, it's not honesty. They're saying it because they're hurting. If they never got gubbed 4-0 last night they'd never dream of saying anything like that.

Mibbes Aye
21-08-2009, 05:57 PM
"Admiration is for poets and diary cows, Bobby", as Ben Horne from Twin Peaks once said.

Anyhoo, it's not honesty. They're saying it because they're hurting. If they never got gubbed 4-0 last night they'd never dream of saying anything like that.

:agree: Sign of their weakness. They can't ignore the inevitable.

Landells
21-08-2009, 05:59 PM
This is our season :agree:

Watch this space :cool2:

Sergey
21-08-2009, 05:59 PM

We could be top of the table tomorrow, too :thumbsup:

Edit: and the Yams could be bottom come Sunday!!

sleeping giant
21-08-2009, 06:08 PM

:agree:

Oh yes !!

The signing of Stokes shows intent and that is something we have been lacking in recent years.
I'm chuffed to bits with this signing and reading between the lines in the Hughes interview , there could be another of similar quality coming in:shocked:

I'm normally optimistic at the best of times but i'm drooling at the moment.

Aye , its good to be a Hibby:thumbsup:

John Hughes inspires me when he talks football. The last manager to do that was Mowbray.
One game into the season and i'm already certain that John Hughes is the right man at the right time for our club.

Mon the Hibees

sleeping giant
21-08-2009, 06:10 PM
This is our season :agree:

Watch this space :cool2:

Why not ?

I love feeling like this at the begining of a season. The trouble is though , it normally only lasts 3 or 4 games:greengrin

Still , Mon the Hibees:thumbsup:

Mibbes Aye
21-08-2009, 06:21 PM

Oh yes !!

The signing of Stokes shows intent and that is something we have been lacking in recent years.
I'm chuffed to bits with this signing and reading between the lines in the Hughes interview , there could be another of similar quality coming in:shocked:

I'm normally optimistic at the best of times but i'm drooling at the moment.

Aye , its good to be a Hibby:thumbsup:

John Hughes inspires me when he talks football. The last manager to do that was Mowbray.
One game into the season and i'm already certain that John Hughes is the right man at the right time for our club.

Mon the Hibees

Great post SG and agree with all you've got to say.

Hughes wasn't my first choice but I'm being won over by what he has to say and more importantly, the shape he's lining up. Feels right and we can find the right players to play it, I'm sure. It already looks like we have some :agree:

Like you say we're also doing the business by spending money on players. Like Deeks last season. This has been what it's about. Buying folk our competitors couldn't. Doing it year in and year out. 500K this season on one forward alone (plus his wages).

Mon the Hibs :thumbsup:

sleeping giant
21-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Great post SG and agree with all you've got to say.

Hughes wasn't my first choice but I'm being won over by what he has to say and more importantly, the shape he's lining up. Feels right and we can find the right players to play it, I'm sure. It already looks like we have some :agree:

Like you say we're also doing the business by spending money on players. Like Deeks last season. This has been what it's about. Buying folk our competitors couldn't. Doing it year in and year out. 500K this season on one forward alone (plus his wages).

Mon the Hibs :thumbsup:

This is what has got my attention. Spending 500k is a fair wedge in this day and age and he will be a good wage.

I will be genuinely astounded if we make another signing of this calibre.

John Hughes must be delighted to get such backing and i could listen to him all day talking about the mentality of the players he wants to bring in during his "tenure at the club".
To think some folk thought he might not present himself well on camera(me included):rolleyes:

Long live John Hughes:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
21-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Just had a long-standing lunch appointment with an old Yam chum, arranged long before the events of last week. As I suspected, he went on the bullish counter-attack right away, saying that Stokes was using Hibs as a stepping stone and would try to engineer a move back to a top English club as soon as possible.

I told him the old Leith proverb: "It is better to have a scoring striker thinking of a big move, than a non-scoring one thinking of a big mac."

MacBean
21-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Just had a long-standing lunch appointment with an old Yam chum, arranged long before the events of last week. As I suspected, he went on the bullish counter-attack right away, saying that Stokes was using Hibs as a stepping stone and would try to engineer a move back to a top English club as soon as possible.

I told him the old Leith proverb: "It is better to have a scoring striker thinking of a big move, than a non-scoring one thinking of a big mac."

Ha ha ha ha

Horse
21-08-2009, 08:49 PM
It sure is nice that the big team cannae afford one decent striker yet we have at least five forwards who they would love to have! Their spanking at the hands of Dynamo Zagreb was a joy to behold as was Dundee Utd's easy win against them! Add to that Ginger Baws getting sent off and Hibs 100% record this season then I'd have to say that so far this season has been one of the best! Only the small matter of Falkirk away tomorrow....

The_Todd
21-08-2009, 08:54 PM
It sure is nice that the big team cannae afford one decent striker yet we have at least five forwards who they would love to have! Their spanking at the hands of Dynamo Zagreb was a joy to behold as was Dundee Utd's easy win against them! Add to that Ginger Baws getting sent off and Hibs 100% record this season then I'd have to say that so far this season has been one of the best! Only the small matter of Falkirk away tomorrow....

100% calm down we've only played one game!

Horse
21-08-2009, 08:58 PM
100% calm down we've only played one game!

The post was meant to be slightly sarcastic! Still, we do have reasonable grounds for optimism this season and let's hope that the Jambo's disastrous start to the season is a sign of things to come.

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
21-08-2009, 09:15 PM

brilliant :top marks

Bostonhibby
21-08-2009, 09:23 PM
The thing these boys can't handle is the banner headline that the wee team actually signs somebody on a definite term, where money exchanges hands and a contract is signed by a player with a recognisable name, with no smoke and mirrors involved in the deal, and worst of all for them there hasn't been a press campaign linking us with Grant (government) Ronaldo (both) Messi, World domination and everything else the PR man talks about, we just go out and do it then announce it. They have nae class, nae cash, and nae goals, glory glory, if only we had their belief.

Jack Schmidt
21-08-2009, 09:28 PM
...don't forget the first comment though;

"IMO this is a great signing for Hibs, this lad found the net for Falkirk numerous times and will do the same for Hibs."

Credit where credit is due, this has the potential to be a great signing for Hibs.

I'd have been delighted if we had pulled off a stroke like this, but whilst Rod has been persuaded to finally open the biscuit tin, ours is already empty!!

Jonnyboy
21-08-2009, 09:36 PM
...don't forget the first comment though;

"IMO this is a great signing for Hibs, this lad found the net for Falkirk numerous times and will do the same for Hibs."

Credit where credit is due, this has the potential to be a great signing for Hibs.

I'd have been delighted if we had pulled off a stroke like this, but whilst Rod has been persuaded to finally open the biscuit tin, ours is already empty!!

Whoooooooooaaah there Jack. You're confusing us with the lesser greens mate. They have a biscuit tin but we're classier and use a cookie jar :wink:

Bostonhibby
21-08-2009, 09:47 PM

Appreciate your patronage, thank you humbly, but isn't that the point? we don't make all the claims then produce nothing except column inches and drool from the believers, there's more came into your tin than ever went out in the mad mans time. Keep smiling and believing. If only we could copy you.

Jack Schmidt
21-08-2009, 10:02 PM
...I know Jonnyboy, no offence intended...tbh, a club that can pretty much eradicate it's debt, builds a quality training facility and brings through a good crop of young players deserves a doff of the cap.

Bostonhibby
21-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Without wishing to speak for Jonnyboy Jack, like I said, thank you for your patronage, much obliged. :wink:

The_Sauz
21-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Just wait until Mr Petrie comes back from his holidays to find someone has been dipping into the cookie jar :grr:

:greengrin:thumbsup:

--------
21-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Whoooooooooaaah there Jack. You're confusing us with the lesser greens mate. They have a biscuit tin but we're classier and use a cookie jar :wink:

Hearts used to have a cookie jar, then Naddy got to it and emptied it.

The difference between OUR balance sheet and THEIR balance sheet is that OUR balance sheet's printed in BLACK, and THEIR balance sheet's printed in RED.

I rather liked the comment from TheChimp on the SheepieThread -

"Benjalloun is a luxury player who only turns it on perhaps three times a season. Would rather not have someone like that here. And I believe Stokes is one of those players who get rumours of his extra-cirricular activities whispered around. 6 decent months a Falkirk and what's he done since then?"

They should be so lucky.... :faf:

Jonnyboy
21-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Hearts used to have a cookie jar, then Naddy got to it and emptied it.

The difference between OUR balance sheet and THEIR balance sheet is that OUR balance sheet's printed in BLACK, and THEIR balance sheet's printed in RED.

I rather liked the comment from TheChimp on the SheepieThread -

"Benjalloun is a luxury player who only turns it on perhaps three times a season. Would rather not have someone like that here. And I believe Stokes is one of those players who get rumours of his extra-cirricular activities whispered around. 6 decent months a Falkirk and what's he done since then?"

They should be so lucky.... :faf:

Indeed. They have a striker who turns it on perhaps once every three seasons :wink:

lyonhibs
21-08-2009, 10:17 PM
...I know Jonnyboy, no offence intended...tbh, a club that can pretty much eradicate it's debt, builds a quality training facility and brings through a good crop of young players deserves a doff of the cap^.

It's just a painted barn in East Lothian don't you know?? *

*=Copyright of JKB Slavermeisters 2007.

^ = surely a quick tug of the forelock is more appropriate or do you just keep that for Herr Romanov?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b13aH-vk_E&feature=PlayList&p=FCDFE1A1EF00A247&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2AIIP2hp3k&feature=PlayList&p=4D7B615D01AFF853&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=4

Nah, seriously, cheers for the comments. I have plenty of Jambo mates that are decent guys and have been ever since Romanov took over, passionate about their team, yet not "in awe" of Romanov's antics/KGB way of running things. Thing is, they never seem to be able to band together and manifest their discontent (I mean, seriously, Nade??!! On the wages he's on??!! As your starting striker??!!) into anything tangible. For us, its been the polar opposite of our pre-season last year.

For me, on some levels (the sheer gap between his reported wage at the Mackems and what he's likely to be on at Hibs being the main one) this signing surprises me more than Riordan's "Homecoming" ever did.

Hearts have - IMO - done NOTHING to address the striking/right back problems of last season. All of Hearts signings thus far appear to be - too early to definitively judge I guess - very much "all filler and no killer". Witteveen looks *****, that defender from the Turkish league looks like aggressive huddy, that Kucharwski guy looks a wee bit like a player and The Spanish Waiter looks like he's put his hair all spikey to draw attention from the fact that all he does is run about like a heidless chicken and fall over a lot.

Falkirk away WILL be tough though...............

Pete
21-08-2009, 10:28 PM

^ = surely a quick tug of the forelock is more appropriate or do you just keep that for Herr Romanov?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b13aH-vk_E&feature=PlayList&p=FCDFE1A1EF00A247&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2AIIP2hp3k&feature=PlayList&p=4D7B615D01AFF853&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=4

Nah, seriously, cheers for the comments. I have plenty of Jambo mates that are decent guys and have been ever since Romanov took over, passionate about their team, yet not "in awe" of Romanov's antics/KGB way of running things. Thing is, they never seem to be able to band together and manifest their discontent (I mean, seriously, Nade??!! On the wages he's on??!! As your starting striker??!!) into anything tangible. For us, its been the polar opposite of our pre-season last year.

For me, on some levels (the sheer gap between his reported wage at the Mackems and what he's likely to be on at Hibs being the main one) this signing surprises me more than Riordan's "Homecoming" ever did.

Hearts have - IMO - done NOTHING to address the striking/right back problems of last season. All of Hearts signings thus far appear to be - too early to definitively judge I guess - very much "all filler and no killer". Witteveen looks *****, that defender from the Turkish league looks like aggressive huddy, that Kucharwski guy looks a wee bit like a player and The Spanish Waiter looks like he's put his hair all spikey to draw attention from the fact that all he does is run about like a heidless chicken and fall over a lot.

Call me bullish but I don't think so.

I think we'll leather them on their own ground.

Andy Bee
21-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Indeed. They have a striker who turns it on perhaps once every three seasons :wink:

Tut Tut JC, I've heard from a reliable source he turns it on at least 6 times a day, unfortunately for the Yams it's the deep fat frier. :agree:

Big90inOz
21-08-2009, 11:39 PM

:top marks:thumbsup::thumbsup:

matty_f
21-08-2009, 11:53 PM

:tsk tsk: Tsk Lyon - it's not East Lothian, if you're quoting Cockback, it's just outside Newcastle!!

However, in it's defence, it does exist as a training centre for Hibernian FC 24/7, unlike the Yam Nil's rented facility at Hairy Twat, which turns into a student's plaything after lunchtime.