PDA

View Full Version : Big Team V Wee Team

PaulSmith
21-08-2009, 11:25 AM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Laszlo-wants-new-hitman-to.5576334.jp

Chabba pleads for new funds to buy hitman

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-sign-2m-Sunderland-striker.5576281.jp

Hibs buy £2m International Premiership striker to add to the already 4 International forward players that they already have.

And the biggest difference is what Hibs are doing is sustainable over a period of years, when Hearts were doing this they ended up exactly where they are now £30m+ in debt, a crumbling main stand that must be replaced in 2/3 years and signing players from amateur clubs across Europe.

MacBean
21-08-2009, 11:29 AM
As much as i love to laugh at hearts' expense, i really dont want to start up this whole wee team v big team - only building ourselves up to be shot down...:bitchy:

Thats my pesimist view...

now optimist....

GIRFUY jambos!!:thumbsup:

bingo70
21-08-2009, 11:31 AM
As much as i love to laugh at hearts' expense, i really dont want to start up this whole wee team v big team - only building ourselves up to be shot down...:bitchy:

now optimist....

Don't think there's anything to be shot down about TBH, we're signing players they'd be desperate to sign but can't because they can't afford it, i think that it's ok to question how this could happen if they're such a big club and we're such a wee club.

PaulSmith
21-08-2009, 11:32 AM

now optimist....

I think Hibernian FC and hopefully our fans are above all that to be honest and I've grown quite fond of 'them' seeing us as the "Wee Team' whilst they self destruct and we go from strength to strength.

I'm quite happy for the wee team comments to continue!

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
21-08-2009, 11:32 AM

now optimist....

aye true - i fully expect us to get beat at falkirk on sat !!! :greengrin

.....its still funny tho :agree: :jamboak:

--------
21-08-2009, 11:34 AM

" We have a very big problem up front. We don't keep the ball, we don't create chances and we are not so dangerous. At the moment, I can't talk about trying to get a striker. I had so many possibilities and at the moment nobody comes...."

Put the 'very big problem' on a diet, and he'll maybe become a 'medium-sized problem', Shabby.

Better still, do yourself a favour and get another job. :devil:

Let's not get too carried away yet - we need to get a result tomorrow, for a start, and then progress in the CIS on Wednesday evening.

But I do have to say I'm moderately content with life right now. :agree:

jacomo
21-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Love this quote from the Yamanager:

Shabby Lashlow: We have a very big problem up front.

He's certainly a sizeable problem! :greengrin

nickwhibs
21-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Yeah I like how they call themselves the 'Big' team because it makes it all the sweeter when things go wrong for them and when they suffer humiliating losses...:greengrin

MacBean
21-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah I like how they call themselves the 'Big' team because it makes it all the sweeter when things go wrong for them and when they suffer humiliating losses...:greengrin

well said :thumbsup:

Coco Bryce
21-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Love this quote from the Yamanager:

Quote:
Shabby Lashlow: We have a very big problem up front.

He's certainly a sizeable problem! :greengrin

Should that not be Shabby Cashflow :greengrin

magpie1892
21-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Does anyone have a link to that legendary kickback post where this jambo fud wrote a lengthy post saying that HFC could no longer be considered HMFC's main 'rivals', that they had moved on and were now opperating on a different level?

I really, really want to read that post just now.

Baker9
21-08-2009, 03:13 PM

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-sign-2m-Sunderland-striker.5576281.jp

Hibs buy £2m International Premiership striker to add to the already 4 International forward players that they already have.

And the biggest difference is what Hibs are doing is sustainable over a period of years, when Hearts were doing this they ended up exactly where they are now £30m+ in debt, a crumbling main stand that must be replaced in 2/3 years and signing players from amateur clubs across Europe.

Wee team: Heart of wherever
Very big team: Edinburgh Hibs
:greengrin

Mibbes Aye
21-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Don't think there's anything to be shot down about TBH, we're signing players they'd be desperate to sign but can't because they can't afford it, i think that it's ok to question how this could happen if they're such a big club and we're such a wee club.

:agree:

This summer we've signed Stokes up front. A player they would love to have.

Last summer we signed Deeks up front. A player they would love to have.

Back in January 2008 we signed Nish. He's scored more goals for Hibs than Nade, Elliot, Glen, Pittenweem, Tullberg and Mole combined have scored for Homfc, over the same period. A player they would love to have.

All because they thought they could buy success, instead of building towards it. All they've bought is a one-way ticket to penury. It's a long walk but they're way down the road now and their utter inability to secure even a half-decent forward is telling.

Just like the way they keep getting dragged into court. Just like the way they bump everyone for money time and time again. Just like the way they desperately hawk tickets without even knowing the dates, and merchandise in the church hall, to try and get some cash flow restored.

Utter shambles, going in only one direction, and it's hardly for the lack of their fans being told or warned. yet they chose to do nothing :bitchy:

They deserve whatever comes to them...

GIRFUY ye spineless trampy halfwits :agree:

RoYO!
21-08-2009, 04:29 PM
:agree:

This summer we've signed Stokes up front. A player they would love to have.

Last summer we signed Deeks up front. A player they would love to have.

Back in January 2008 we signed Nish. He's scored more goals for Hibs than Nade, Elliot, Glen, Pittenweem, Tullberg and Mole combined have scored for Homfc, over the same period. A player they would love to have.

All because they thought they could buy success, instead of building towards it. All they've bought is a one-way ticket to penury. It's a long walk but they're way down the road now and their utter inability to secure even a half-decent forward is telling.

Just like the way they keep getting dragged into court. Just like the way they bump everyone for money time and time again. Just like the way they desperately hawk tickets without even knowing the dates, and merchandise in the church hall, to try and get some cash flow restored.

Utter shambles, going in only one direction, and it's hardly for the lack of their fans being told or warned. yet they chose to do nothing :bitchy:

They deserve whatever comes to them...

GIRFUY ye spineless trampy halfwits :agree:

:top marks:applause:

im hoping that the all the petrie haters out there can offer him (and the most expensive board etc) credit for this one.

truly great signing that clearly states the intention at hibs.

debt almost non existant.

brand new training centre.

new east stand imminent.

STILL the most talented young players in Scotland (FFS even the u-14s are winning major tournies!)

Not controlled by, in all intents and purposes, a maddo with his finger on the 'DO NOT PUSH' big red button at Tyncastle!

what more could we possibly ask for? How much would hearts fans give to be in this position??? rather than 'adopting the stance' for the submariner!

Couldnt be happier to be a Hibee right now! :thumbsup:

RickyS
21-08-2009, 04:34 PM
:top marks:applause:

im hoping that the all the petrie haters out there can offer him (and the most expensive board etc) credit for this one.

truly great signing that clearly states the intention at hibs.

debt almost non existant.

brand new training centre.

new east stand imminent.

STILL the most talented young players in Scotland (FFS even the u-14s are winning major tournies!)

Not controlled by, in all intents and purposes, a maddo with his finger on the 'DO NOT PUSH' big red button at Tyncastle!

what more could we possibly ask for? How much would hearts fans give to be in this position??? rather than 'adopting the stance' for the submariner!

Couldnt be happier to be a Hibee right now! :thumbsup:

there will still be a couple of hundred thousand, deluded Yams (i have spoken to 2 today) who believe in Romanov and Shabby. their plan :-

Us - Crap Manager and good players
Yams - Great Manager and crap players

and according to my Yam contacts their combination will finish higher than ours??

RoYO!
21-08-2009, 04:37 PM
there will still be a couple of hundred thousand, deluded Yams (i have spoken to 2 today) who believe in Romanov and Shabby. their plan :-

Us - Crap Manager and good players
Yams - Great Manager and crap players

and according to my Yam contacts their combination will finish higher than ours??

pitty for them that our 'crap manager' managed to get the bairns to SC final and well and trully establish them as a premier league team over 6 seasons...

cant believe how good this all feels! :greengrin :thumbsup:

RickyS
21-08-2009, 04:42 PM
pitty for them that our 'crap manager' managed to get the bairns to SC final and well and trully establish them as a premier league team over 6 seasons...

cant believe how good this all feels! :greengrin :thumbsup:

Yep, it was great just to be able to smile, the type of smile that said, your just a jealous deluded Yam fud who is unable to admit that Stokes is a great signin.

wots this nonsense about stokes agreein to sign for them but Vlad pulled the plug cos of his wage demands? im assumin its nade:greengrin