PDA

View Full Version : Who Makes Way For Stokes?

hibsbollah
21-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Will Yogi release someone to make room?

Leith Green
21-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Hopefully Johanson gets emptied and Byrne and Deane both go on loan deals for the season.. Stoke, Benji, and Nish are more than enough for 1 strikes role

RoslinInstHibby
21-08-2009, 10:21 AM
I think JJ will make way

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Has to be JJ. He should never have been at our club in the first place and has done nothing, other than score a cracker in a friendly.

Booked4Being-Ugly
21-08-2009, 10:27 AM
I think JJ will make way:agree: Has contributed nowt to Hibs.

col02
21-08-2009, 10:32 AM
We must be in a rich position striker wise for so many to write off an experienced international striker who has been a bit unlucky with injuries so far at Hibs. Seem to recall many writing Benji off prior to last week too. :rolleyes::greengrin I think the young lads on loan till the winter then see from there how they have progressed and if there is a need for freshness in the team.

Leith Green
21-08-2009, 10:33 AM
We must be in a rich position striker wise for so many to write off an experienced international striker who has been a bit unlucky with injuries so far at Hibs. Seem to recall many writing Benji off prior to last week too. :rolleyes::greengrin

Suppose we could do a Mixu an play 4 strikers at once.. Nish in a centre midfield role. Benji at right back?? :greengrin

The_Todd
21-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Nobody. It's about time we had strength in depth.

JDT
21-08-2009, 10:35 AM
If Benji hadn't scored the winner last week i would have put money on him leaving. Yogi's got a tough choice now.

Baker9
21-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Has to be JJ. He should never have been at our club in the first place and has done nothing, other than score a cracker in a friendly.

:agree:
But also the Mixu 'best pal' factor. Anybody taking over would not want someone on board who was in the pocket of the previous incumbent.

Aldo
21-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Dont care as long as they score goals. All the strikers will be on their toes and looking over their shoulders making shure they put in performances week after week.

Can see it being JJ though

McIntosh
21-08-2009, 11:28 AM
We should be in no haste to move them on, clubs will come in for them naturally. I think JJ could end up at Motherwell or even Rangers, it is not beyond possibility, particularly when you look at walter Smith's preference for experience.

As for Benji he will engineer his own move, where ever that takes him.

Sir David Gray
21-08-2009, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't be too hasty in releasing Johansson.

He is an extremely experienced striker and is still scoring goals for Finland.

He's only started six games for Hibs and I think he would be a more than competent back up striker.

magnificent_seven
21-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Johannson will come good and Coco Nish isn't as bad as people make out. Why does anyone have to be released?

ancient hibee
21-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Benji will take a while to get fit as will JJ who will pick up more injuries-Ramadan may cause a problem particularly as Zemmama has not been training for a couple of weeks so I hope nobody moves.

MyJo
21-08-2009, 01:40 PM
send out the younger boys on loan to the 1st division but there is no need to release anyone else, a bit of depth & quality in the range of strikers we have will hopefully mean that goals wont dry up should we pick up some injuries or suspensions (which Nish will :greengrin) and it allows us the option of playing a range of formations from 1 up to 3 strikers effectively against different opposition if called for.

Hibs forwards - an embarrassment of riches

Hearts forwards - just an embarrassment

:thumbsup:

basehibby
21-08-2009, 02:50 PM
I think JJ is the most similar striker in style to Stokes and although still very capable as he's shown on international duty, I think he'd be the most likely one to find himself excess to requirements - he's also getting towards the end of his career and has struggled to be a first choice starter so he's the most likely to go.

Hibs Spain
21-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Will Yogi release someone to make room?In terms of replacing someone who gets a game right now it would have to be Nish.

YehButNoBut
21-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Just seen this on Football Rumours, 2 seperate entries, I know it's usually crap but you never know.

****Celtic Transfer****

Just been down to Paradise to get my new Bumble Bee top and watched the girl behind the counter printing 38 Nish on the back, then handing it over to an offical with the Celtic tie and blazer on. I think this is just the fire power we'll need to bring the championship home and help win the long balls in Europe, you heard it hear first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mate has just spotted Colin Nish and his agent at Parkhead, must say I'm a bit surprized, however think it could be a good move especially in Europe where we badly need a striker with a physical presence to suit our 4𤂿 long ball formation.

Cocaine&Caviar
21-08-2009, 04:14 PM
My mate has just spotted Colin Nish and his agent at Parkhead, must say I'm a bit surprized, however think it could be a good move especially in Europe where we badly need a striker with a physical presence to suit our 4𤂿 long ball formation.

:faf: Samaras, Killen and Fortune are tiny aint they?

NOLA
21-08-2009, 08:43 PM
JJ for me only cos i think he's on a decent wage

Moody D
22-08-2009, 08:33 AM
I think he'll get rid of young Paddy Deane. Hughes has picked out Wotherspoon of the 7 from last years 19's. With Stokes signing, Kurtis will now only get very selected bit parts and I fear it could be curtains for the rest. Motherwell are showing that their boys from last year can make it but Hughes I fear has decided our crop will be loaned/moved on.

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2009, 08:48 AM
I think he'll get rid of young Paddy Deane. Hughes has picked out Wotherspoon of the 7 from last years 19's. With Stokes signing, Kurtis will now only get very selected bit parts and I fear it could be curtains for the rest. Motherwell are showing that their boys from last year can make it but Hughes I fear has decided our crop will be loaned/moved on.

Perhaps Dean and one other might go, but I think he sees Byrne, Wotherspoon, Welsh, Welsh, Booth and Flynn as the mainstay of Hibs in the future. You have to remember that Stokes has signed a 3 year contract, so if he does really well, he'll be here a maximum of two seasons.

whiskyhibby
22-08-2009, 08:57 AM
I've always liked the look of a 'balanced 3-2-5'

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Leitherhibs
22-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Just seen this on Football Rumours, 2 seperate entries, I know it's usually crap but you never know.

****Celtic Transfer****

Just been down to Paradise to get my new Bumble Bee top and watched the girl behind the counter printing 38 Nish on the back, then handing it over to an offical with the Celtic tie and blazer on. I think this is just the fire power we'll need to bring the championship home and help win the long balls in Europe, you heard it hear first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that is the most hilarious rumour ever.

HibeeUnderwood
22-08-2009, 11:17 AM
surprise surprise every striker except for deeks is on that list :greengrin

I don't think that anyone will leave now, in January its a possibility but not now.

hibsbollah
01-09-2009, 06:34 PM
The 7 people who said Deane give yourselves a pat on the back:greengrin