PDA

View Full Version : Yogi

hibbie02
21-08-2009, 08:16 AM
With the news about Stokes, does anyone still doubt Yogi is the man for Hibs?

He hasn't put a foot wrong so far, his signings have been good, he has the contacts, he does the homework, he talks the talk and he may even be delivering on the pitch. If we sign a decent CB, and sort out the keeper situation, it all looks good for the season. Mixu seems a long time ago already.

Let's hear it for Yogi!!! :top marks

Bring on the Yamsnil!!!:jamboak:

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2009, 08:30 AM

He hasn't put a foot wrong so far, his signings have been good, he has the contacts, he does the homework, he talks the talk and he may even be delivering on the pitch. If we sign a decent CB, and sort out the keeper situation, it all looks good for the season. Mixu seems a long time ago already.

I think he's the right man, he certainly knows what he wants, and i for one feel we will improve with yogi at the helm.:thumbsup:

1875er
21-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Great post...

I wasn't bowled over by Yogis appointment but have been very impressed with everything he has done so far. I think he has the players playing for him and it was noticable when you saw Benji going straight to him after scoring the winner against St Mirren..

I think the signing of Stokes could be superb....

heretoday
21-08-2009, 08:53 AM
God I hope so.

Dashing Bob S
21-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Hughes has galvanised the club and i'm chomping at the bit for tomorrow's game. He's establishing a momentum and level of expectation and excitment that convinces me we're heading back onto the footballing map after two years in the doldrums.

Great appointment by Petrie.

Aspire
21-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Yogi has the Tony Mowbray feeling about him.

He's got the club in his blood.

It's not going t be plane sailing but things are looking so positive at the moment.

hibbie02
21-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Is Yogi aiming to go back to the days of 5 forwards..........:hmmm::hyper::faint::pray::smoki n:woohoo:

Phil D. Rolls
21-08-2009, 09:19 AM

How can we judge Yogi with one league game played, and a new signing that we haven't even seen yet? A bit early for getting the cigars out.

hibbie02
21-08-2009, 09:28 AM
How can we judge Yogi with one league game played, and a new signing that we haven't even seen yet? A bit early for getting the cigars out.

Aye I forgot to take mah downers this morning........

Well at least we ain't Hertz!!! :greengrin

jacomo
21-08-2009, 09:36 AM

Agree, but some feel-good factor will certainly help him as he imposes his way of doing things.

I think we'll be a bit inconsistent this season, with a few off days, but if the fans are generally behind the team and backing the manager, it can only help.

I've become more impressed with Yogi as the summer has gone on - the opposite was true with Mixu, when I was initially very pleased with his appointment, and then became more and more disillusioned.

sahib
21-08-2009, 09:40 AM

Fans are rarely rational.:agree:

Jack
21-08-2009, 10:13 AM

Thats what Bill Clinton said! :duck:

Compared with this time last season there's every reason to be irrationally optimistic, except our irrationality isn't all that irrational given the way the team is shaping up and Yogi following words with actions.

Its what football fans do and us Hibbies do it better than most.

McD
21-08-2009, 10:23 AM
For the first time since mowbray was here, I'm feeling very excited abt the season really getting into swing and looking forward to what we can achieve.

Collins close season was a positive feeling mixed with trepidation after the players meeting with petrie and the continued rumbling abt player discontent, and mixu was hope more than excitement, swiftly falling to despair.

Yes its early days, and some of the preseason outings weren't great, but the players are getting used to hughes's style and tactics, and he's still shaping the squad HIS way.

Baker9
21-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Hughes has galvanised the club and i'm chomping at the bit for tomorrow's game. He's establishing a momentum and level of expectation and excitment that convinces me we're heading back onto the footballing map after two years in the doldrums.

Great appointment by Petrie.

Or was it Lindsay?

MrRobot
21-08-2009, 10:40 AM
I reckon Yogi is going to become a Hibs great as a manager now :thumbsup:

hibbie02
22-08-2009, 09:58 PM

2 games down and I've broken out the Montecristo No 3's.

I am in some danger of becoming optimistic.:wink:

GreenCastle
22-08-2009, 11:39 PM
For the first time since mowbray was here, I'm feeling very excited abt the season really getting into swing and looking forward to what we can achieve.

Collins close season was a positive feeling mixed with trepidation after the players meeting with petrie and the continued rumbling abt player discontent, and mixu was hope more than excitement, swiftly falling to despair.

Yes its early days, and some of the preseason outings weren't great, but the players are getting used to hughes's style and tactics, and he's still shaping the squad HIS way.

:thumbsup::agree:

Long may it continue :top marks

iwasthere1972
22-08-2009, 11:42 PM
2 games down and I've broken out the Montecristo No 3's.

I am in some danger of becoming optimistic.:wink:

Me Too. Jeez I think the last time I was this happy was when the wife packed her suitcases. :greengrin