PDA

View Full Version : how many forwards

cwilliamson85
21-08-2009, 08:00 AM
With the signing of Stokes what is our best strike force?

MyJo
21-08-2009, 08:04 AM
With the signing of Stokes what is our best strike force?

Riordan out on the left, Benji through the middle and Stokes out on the right :greengrin

random sub
21-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Deeks and Stokes with Benji, Byrne and Nish on the bench to change it if necessary. JJ on a plane back to Finland?

Expecting Rain
21-08-2009, 09:09 AM
We`ve got more forwards than Man City now.:greengrin

jacomo
21-08-2009, 09:16 AM
As JJ was in the stands last weekend, I do wonder about his future. I was looking forward to seeing him contribute, maybe even score a goal or two, but maybe this won't happen now?

As for formation, did Stokes not play alone up front for Falkirk? If so, I see him as a straight swap for Nish.

cleanyman
21-08-2009, 09:19 AM
As JJ was in the stands last weekend, I do wonder about his future. I was looking forward to seeing him contribute, maybe even score a goal or two, but maybe this won't happen now?

As for formation, did Stokes not play alone up front for Falkirk? If so, I see him as a straight swap for Nish.

He was injured mind. I think JJ will play a part this season, i would however be more worried if i was Colin Nish.

The_Todd
21-08-2009, 09:19 AM
As I said in the PM forum

I hope nobody leaves.

Hibs have a habit of falling away at the sharp end of the season when injuries and suspensions start taking their toll on the squad. With the depth of quality up front we now have, I'd like to think we can avoid that and really push on with a challenge for 3rd.

Maybe another CIS cup would be nice too (I'm not even mentioning the other cup which shall not be named).

hibbie02
21-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Famous Five time again??? :hmmm:

Hiber-nation
21-08-2009, 09:21 AM
He was injured mind. I think JJ will play a part this season, i would however be more worried if i was Colin Nish.

Surely we'll try to get some deal done to let JJ go, can't see what he's got to contribute. Nish is the only central striker, apart from Byrne I suppose so he'll be staying alright.

jacomo
21-08-2009, 09:31 AM

Keith_M
21-08-2009, 09:33 AM
....does it take to change a lightbulb?

RIP
21-08-2009, 09:46 AM
I think it's all about competition for places and cover for injuries and suspension. There are a number of potential reasons for any one of our forwards losing their starting place e.g.

Zemmama (more than a midfielder) - Ramadan and injuries
Benji - Attitude to training, workrate, loss of goalscoring form and fitness/Ramadan
Deek - Attitude to training, workrate, loss of goalscoring form, fitness, suspension
Byrne - Still to secure a place, depends whether his speed can offset his light build
Galbraith - Still to secure a place, depends whether his speed can offset his light build
Nish - Fitness, loss of goalscoring form, suspension
Stokes - is he fit, can he still cut it?
JJ - is he fit, can he still cut it?

Not being negative but it's unlikely that all our forwards will be free of injury / suspension and firing on all cylinders for an entire season. We need at least 5 or 6 on the pitch / bench with a possibility of 2 or 3 out at any one time

Don't forget we had Zouma, Kurtis, JJ and Deek out recently - that's why we need a pool of forwards to choose from

Phil MaGlass
21-08-2009, 10:14 AM
oops.... ahm starting tae look forward tae the season ahead, cant wait until we start firing on all cylinders,cant be too far off now,hopefully scrape a few wins and a draw or so against the OF then royally pump the hertz in november to set us up nicely for the rest of the season.
Mind you the hertz wont be the big game of the season now,I reckon that honour goes to D.Utd.