PDA

View Full Version : Stokes is in, Boozy next then Ayling?

Toaods
21-08-2009, 02:07 AM
by Saturday Noon please........:greengrin

Big90inOz
21-08-2009, 02:41 AM
Can't see Boozy, who is Ayling ?

I'm_cabbaged
21-08-2009, 03:58 AM
Can't see Boozy, who is Ayling ?

This guy (http://youngguns.wordpress.com/Luke-Ayling/) on loan? :confused:

shamo9
21-08-2009, 05:08 AM
This guy (http://youngguns.wordpress.com/Luke-Ayling/) on loan? :confused:

#

Put the lad anywhere, from the center of the midfield all the way into the center of the goal! Outstanding prospect it sounds like,

Danny M said this on October 17, 2008 at 5:48 am
#

i’ve seen him play in right back and he is outstanding. with his level of energy, its a waste if he remains a centerback.

:agree:

hibbie02
21-08-2009, 06:41 AM
Jeezo we are no turning into Falkirk, we are turning into Arsenal Reserves.....

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Could be worse!:agree:

Jim44
21-08-2009, 09:09 AM
I'm surprised that Boozy hasn't found a club yet, given that the window will close in the not too distant future. Is he a free agent now, meaning that he could still move to a club after the window closes? Is he still training with Celtic? Has he had any offers from clubs? Why is he hanging on to the last minute? In the unlikely event of him signing for us at the eleventh hour, I think I would be a bit peeved, to say the least, at him allowing the season to get well under way before making a decision. :dunno:

--------
21-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Ayling and Barr would be nice.

Boozy would be a bonus.

But MAYBE Yogi has ANOTHER cunning plan..... :devil:

RoslinInstHibby
21-08-2009, 09:16 AM

Boozy would be a bonus.

come on, a few hints please, don't need to name names but at least a wee bit more info...............

Phil D. Rolls
21-08-2009, 09:18 AM
10 days till the window closes and where are all these new signings? Get it sorted Petrie!!!!! Er....

--------
21-08-2009, 09:27 AM
come on, a few hints please, don't need to name names but at least a wee bit more info...............

I honestly can't.

Just a couple of comments made by guys who have known things in the past.

Comments like, "Don't assume that the newspapers know everything about what Yogi's up to..."

But I'd be VERY VERY surprised if he's finished yet. :devil:

Craig_in_Prague
21-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Personally, I was very impressed with Cregg & McBride last week, so not too bothered if Boozy came in or not....

Hughes no doubt can pull off good signings so I trust 1 more player at least will come in.

Jack
21-08-2009, 10:22 AM

Stack left the year Stokes was promoted from the U18s so they may have known each other :confused:

I cant find anyone else with a similar sounding name at Arsenal who might be next :greengrin

J-C
21-08-2009, 10:28 AM

Not a bad thing.....................

http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/youth-honours

Mikeystewart
21-08-2009, 11:04 AM

Boozy would be a bonus.

Where has this Ayling guy came from have i missed a thread/roumor?

whereswallace?
21-08-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm surprised that Boozy hasn't found a club yet, given that the window will close in the not too distant future. Is he a free agent now, meaning that he could still move to a club after the window closes? Is he still training with Celtic? Has he had any offers from clubs? Why is he hanging on to the last minute? In the unlikely event of him signing for us at the eleventh hour, I think I would be a bit peeved, to say the least, at him allowing the season to get well under way before making a decision. :dunno:

Yes he is a free agent which means he could sign for someone outside the transfer window.He is still training with Celtic at the moment aswell.I don't think Hibs will be signing Boozy.

McIntosh
21-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Where has this Ayling guy came from have i missed a thread/roumor?

I think it has been mentioned several times, by several people including myself. My nephew who is a radio sports reporter told me about this as well as a number of other pieces of gossip. In relation to Arsenal by all accounts JH has a well established relationship with AW.

As for Boozy, I believe he has a number of formal and informal offers on the table, what is remarkable is this is despite having a recurring ankle injury - the medical will be interesting here.

Time will tell, it always does.

IWasThere2016
21-08-2009, 11:47 AM
I think it has been mentioned several times, by several people including myself. My nephew who is a radio sports reporter told me about this as well as a number of other pieces of gossip. In relation to Arsenal by all accounts JH has a well established relationship with AW.

As for Boozy, I believe he has a number of formal and informal offers on the table, what is remarkable is this is despite having a recurring ankle injury - the medical will be interesting here.

Time will tell, it always does.

Including Hibs.

Luke Ayling (http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players/luke-ayling) I'm sure he will be announced as a season long loan soon.

3pm
21-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Including Hibs.

Luke Ayling (http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players/luke-ayling) I'm sure he will be announced as a season long loan soon.

I don't claim to have the inside knowledge of a lot of you guys on here...I have heard though there may be more than 1 Arsenal player in the pipeline. Probably already posted! :greengrin

Future17
21-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Including Hibs.

They've got a reserve player called Tom Cruise! Would be good to sign him but it might prove to be a Mission Impossible. :greengrin

McIntosh
21-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Including Hibs.

By all accounts

Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee, though don't know about Celtic

Scotthibs1875
21-08-2009, 01:23 PM
I heard a rumour that Boozy has been offered a contract from Hibs and Celtic. Celtic have offered him the same money as Hibs but only a 1-year deal. Hibs have offered him a 3-year deal.

PaulSmith
21-08-2009, 01:25 PM
I heard a rumour that Boozy has been offered a contract from Hibs and Celtic. Celtic have offered him the same money as Hibs but only a 1-year deal. Hibs have offered him a 3-year deal.

I'd be amazed if Hibs were to offer Boozy a 3 year deal.

Hermit Crab
21-08-2009, 01:25 PM

Because he will hanging on for the biggest money offer he can get.

Scotthibs1875
21-08-2009, 01:36 PM

This is what i understand:wink::greengrin

RoYO!
21-08-2009, 05:45 PM
would love to see boozy back, him and zooma running the show plus the industry of cregg, and considering the good displays from mcbride would be quality i reckon.

like the sound of ayling, yogi will know where he needs cover and strengthening and i have faith in him and the board to get the team sorted.

NOLA
21-08-2009, 08:16 PM
They've got a reserve player called Tom Cruise! Would be good to sign him but it might prove to be a Mission Impossible. :greengrin

:thumbsup:

--------
21-08-2009, 08:24 PM
:thumbsup:

He's only 4'7" tall and he came to earth in a flying saucer.

Aw naw - that's the OTHER Tom Cruise.

Sorree. :rolleyes:

NOLA
21-08-2009, 08:39 PM

did hear a rumour that he was a Top Gun though:wink:

Irish_Steve
21-08-2009, 09:01 PM
did hear a rumour that he was a Top Gun though:wink:

Is that Bryan Gun`s brother?

manx hibee
22-08-2009, 06:09 AM

do you think that could be RISKY BUSINNESS :wink:

Green_one
22-08-2009, 07:19 AM

I honestly doubt he has 3 seasons in him, let alone at a decent level.

If Hibs sign him for any more than one year I think it would be risky

I cannot see how he would get too many games for Celtic. That might suit him though.

Frankly I am neutral on whether he comes or not. Certainly against a long term signing. Rather see a young gun getting his go.

Hibby70
22-08-2009, 07:23 AM
do you think that could be RISKY BUSINNESS :wink:

Dont know if we'd want him as we already have a few good men. Saying that if a firm offer came in for Bamba he has all the right moves to be a legend.

Not sure if we'd have the collateral but it would be far and away the best move for him.

I've taken that too far havent I.

Spike Mandela
22-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Ayling is very young and would purely be cover and would probably get as many games as Joneleit barring emergency.

We can forget Barr now that we have spent money on Stokes.

In terms of our defence this year I would love to see Yogi pull off a short term deal for somebody of the ilk of MacNamara or Pressley. Not these guys you understand:wink: but an experienced defender looking for a final deal. Yogi's done it before.

BEEJ
22-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Ayling is very young and would purely be cover and would probably get as many games as Joneleit barring emergency.

If the lad came to Hibs for a year and got only as much game time as Joneleit, that would certainly be ta-ta to any on-going relationship with the Gunners on such matters. :greengrin

500miles
22-08-2009, 08:25 AM
I honestly doubt he has 3 seasons in him, let alone at a decent level.

If Hibs sign him for any more than one year I think it would be risky

I cannot see how he would get too many games for Celtic. That might suit him though.

Frankly I am neutral on whether he comes or not. Certainly against a long term signing. Rather see a young gun getting his go.

I disagree. Beuzilins game is all about passing, and intelligence. He can steal the ball off players toes, and is a decent tackler. However, at no point has he ever been an all action, box to box type. He can open up entire defences with a single pass, retain the ball excellently, and change the direction of play in a flash. These are not things a player loses until he has been out of the game for a prolonged period, and he should be able to 36/37.

Having seen him play at CH - when he was (wrongly, Boyd fouled him, blatently) sent off, but played a fantastic game.

There's always room for a player of his quality at Hibs. If we sign him up for 3 years I will be very excited indeed.

RoYO!
22-08-2009, 08:49 AM
the guy is 30 so with his intelligence and the way he plays as well as the role that yogi would be looking for he could defo play for at least another 3 seasons, would just depend on his medical.

IWasThere2016
22-08-2009, 08:56 AM
By all accounts

Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee, though don't know about Celtic

There is no offer from Cellic. I'm not hearing that Dundee are interested. Hibs and Sheep are.

matty_f
22-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Dont know if we'd want him as we already have a few good men. Saying that if a firm offer came in for Bamba he has all the right moves to be a legend.

Not sure if we'd have the collateral but it would be far and away the best move for him.

I've taken that too far havent I.

You've a fair ol' cocktail of references in there! I think it'd be mission:impossible to beat that.:agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2009, 09:37 AM
You've a fair ol' cocktail of references in there! I think it'd be mission:impossible to beat that.:agree:

You're kidman me on? :confused:

You don't need to respond to this, I've already ordered my coat :boo hoo:

Jack
22-08-2009, 09:41 AM

Was it not the case when he left a year ago the reason was that Hibs would only offer 1 year and he was looking for at least 2. The best he could get, given his injury problems, then was 1 year with a 1 year option.

For Hibs to offer him a 3 year deal now, one year on, just doesn’t seem feasible – even less so when the amount of money [still] on the table appears to be the same as Celtc.

So he’s 30; his wife is from and desperate to come back to Edinburgh; injury doubts; not sure where he would fit into the current set up and all the rest.

If we had offered him a 3 year deal he would have been at East Mains training his wee French heart out, or on the treatment table.