PDA

View Full Version : "28 shots to 2 - I mean, that's just humiliating.........

lyonhibs
20-08-2009, 09:01 PM
... they just couldn't compete"

Right up there in the upper echelons of great Scottish football comments.

Dougie Donnely, normally you're a wire haired prick, but that was class.:thumbsup:

kevo1875
20-08-2009, 09:04 PM

Dougie Donnely, normally you're a wire haired prick, but that was class.:thumbsup:
was it just 28 seemed more rofl :faf:

hibbie02
20-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Oh mah side hurt!

What sort of pish was Shabby spouting after the game? Must be the longest meaningless sentence in the world.

:jamboak:

Hibs Class
20-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Gretna, Falkirk, Raith Rovers, Hearts - surely the SFA have to act to stop this annual humiliation. Let's get back to Europe being an invitation event for Scottish clubs and select the OF and Hibs annually, with Dundee Utd and Aberdeen entered in alternate years.

Hibby D
20-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Humiliating is the right word. I mean fancy allowing them two shots :wink:

keep the faith
20-08-2009, 09:40 PM

:faf:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-08-2009, 09:46 PM
"28 shots to 2 - I mean, that's just humiliating.........:

To be fair tho... they're better stats than they managed against AEK Athens at Murrayfield a few years ago..... :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
20-08-2009, 09:54 PM
To be fair tho... they're better stats than they managed against AEK Athens at Murrayfield a few years ago..... :greengrin

1. AEK Athens were more than half decent (I think they drew all their CL group games that year)*

2. Hearts had more than 2 shots in that game, and were arguably unlucky (to an extent) in the tie with the (soft) sendings off influencing things.

Hearts are just pish now.

*edit; that was a different season, in fact they did slightly better than that (2-2-2, finished 3rd and dropped into Uefa Cup).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champions_League_2006-07

Irish_Steve
20-08-2009, 10:01 PM
From the BBC Match Report:

Suso Santana hit Hearts' only shot of the game early in the second half.

At least Susan saw some action

down the slope
20-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Hard man Bouzid is the the new P C Murdoch !. they were going to split the old firm and do well in the Europa league-Oh ma sides-you couldnae make it up .