PDA

View Full Version : Would you take ANY of that lot at ER

weecounty hibby
20-08-2009, 08:55 PM
After watching that total mismatch would you take anyone from the Hearts team at ER?

lyonhibs
20-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Gary Glen.

That's it.

3pm
Morales? Suspect you mean the other lot though! :greengrin

HibeeMcGinn1
ehhhhhhhh......................................... .................no :thumbsup:

KingFranck
20-08-2009, 08:59 PM
none of them

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Jonsson and Goncalves.

The_Todd
20-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Kello. The only reason Zagreb didn't reach double figures.

Hibstrooper
20-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Actually thinking about it seriously, no.

Archie70
20-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Nade............get the players to run round him to improve their fitness! Those that couldn't make it could get the bus back!

CyberSauzee
20-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Kello. The only reason Zagreb didn't reach double figures.

I agree. Their best player.

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
20-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Jonsson and Goncalves.

he looks like he's riding a childs bike whenever he's on the ball !!! :greengrin

Betty Boop
20-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Lee Wallace.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-08-2009, 09:15 PM
he looks like he's riding a childs bike whenever he's on the ball !!! :greengrin

:faf::faf:

monktonharp
20-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Lee Wallace.nah,the big number 4 wiz great tonight:greengrin

PaulSmith
20-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Lee Wallace..but will he be better than Hanlon or Callum Booth in 18 months?

Don't forget that several of the Hearts team tonight are still sitting there on £6, 7 and 8k a week.

Gmack7
20-08-2009, 09:37 PM
mikey stewart

PISTOL1875
20-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Driver , Wallace , Jonsson and Gary Glen.......

kevo1875
20-08-2009, 09:38 PM
nade...... east mains needs a new roundabout :faf:

lyonhibs
20-08-2009, 09:40 PM
mikey stewart

:faf: :faf: :faf:

Funniest post ever.

Jack
20-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Wee Susan could do a turn Behind the Goals.

The Harp
20-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Would you take ANY of that lot at ER?

Aye ... as pie filling! :wink:

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Susan could do a turn in the dining room at the hospitality lounge.

martin63
20-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Mickey Stewart.......... as a role model how not to play the game and conduct yourself

SvenNeil
20-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Susan could do a turn in the dining room at the hospitality lounge.

Good call. Rodders could give him a clip round the lug everytime he drops a plate.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2009, 11:22 PM

:faf:

VegasHibby
21-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Driver

Baader
21-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Nade. He would boost our strikers morale. Also, he's probably better than any keeper we have on our books - I can't see much getting past him... :greengrin

HibeeUnderwood
21-08-2009, 12:49 AM
:lolyam:

I think that answers the question! :greengrin

The_Horde
21-08-2009, 01:35 AM
I'd take Suso..

:faf:

Baader
21-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Juanjo? :faf:

Baw187
21-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Driver and Palazualos (if that's how you spell his name!)

The latter is a good player.

jacomo
21-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Gary Glen.

Can I ask why?

Phil MaGlass
21-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Take Nade,then we would have our own moral boosting mascot, put a clowns nose on and big 2foot long shoes and hes complete,we could call him Nads.

J-C
21-08-2009, 10:12 AM
When he's fit, only Driver.

Sprouleflyer
21-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Nade............get the players to run round him to improve their fitness! Those that couldn't make it could get the bus back!

Bad move, they might get stuck in Nade's gravitational pull and might miss the match.

heretoday
21-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Maybe I'm not paying enough attention but I would be hard pushed to recognise any of the Hearts players in the street, except carrothead Stewart.

Time was when I'd be almost as familiar with their mugs as those of our lot.

They all seem to be thin, dark haired types with complicated names.

I'm glad I'm a Hibs fan. At least you can them apart!

Aldo
21-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Ghe mikey stewart we had before Collins came in and Lee Wallace.

lbouncer
21-08-2009, 11:42 AM

:faf::faf:

EH14
21-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Hibs have won one game, at home against 10 men St Mirren with the winner coming late in the game. Hearts have looked awful so far this season but things haven't changed that much since last season that there's no players in the Hearts squad who wouldn't have the ability to improve the Hibs squad.

Kello, Jonnson, Bouzid, Wallace, Zaliukas (if he controlled his discipline) Driver and Kingston at the very least would improve the Hibs squad IMO.

Aldo
21-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Hibs have won one game, at home against 10 men St Mirren with the winner coming late in the game. Hearts have looked awful so far this season but things haven't changed that much since last season that there's no players in the Hearts squad who wouldn't have the ability to improve the Hibs squad.

Kello, Jonnson, Bouzid, Wallace, Zaliukas (if he controlled his discipline) Driver and Kingston at the very least would improve the Hibs squad IMO.

Would agree with some of your post but would say the players in bold are not Hibs Class. Bouzid???? and as for Kingston a poor mans Latapy.

The_Todd
21-08-2009, 12:26 PM

From your squad I'd take Driver and Kello.

Nobody else.

If your players need any more reasons to raise their game other than they're playing for the chance to get to the group stages of the Europa League against the champions of Croatia then regardless of skill I wouldn't want them.

EH14
21-08-2009, 01:04 PM
From your squad I'd take Driver and Kello.

Nobody else.

If your players need any more reasons to raise their game other than they're playing for the chance to get to the group stages of the Europa League against the champions of Croatia then regardless of skill I wouldn't want them.

IMO that performance doesn't negate the potential of the players I mentioned to improve Hibs (and I'd add Obua to that list)- Hearts had too many passengers last night and you can't play against opposition like that carrying anybody.

One of Zagreb's biggest strengths was identifying the weak links and playing at them which is why Stewart's tendencies to get flustered and get out of position was so exposed last night, as well as their fullbacks contstantly overlapping and taking advantage of the fact our "wingers" offered very little in the way of defensive support. If they were playing Hibs I'd expect it to be a similar scoreline but their attacking approach would probably changed. The main thing Hibs would have in their favour though would be your striker(s) would be far more willing to close down their defence rather than let them keep the ball and choose their next avenue of attack at ease...

Ritchie
21-08-2009, 01:11 PM
IMO that performance doesn't negate the potential of the players I mentioned to improve Hibs (and I'd add Obua to that list)- Hearts had too many passengers last night and you can't play against opposition like that carrying anybody.

One of Zagreb's biggest strengths was identifying the weak links and playing at them which is why Stewart's tendencies to get flustered and get out of position was so exposed last night, as well as their fullbacks contstantly overlapping and taking advantage of the fact our "wingers" offered very little in the way of defensive support. If they were playing Hibs I'd expect it to be a similar scoreline but their attacking approach would probably changed. The main thing Hibs would have in their favour though would be your striker(s) would be far more willing to close down their defence rather than let them keep the ball and choose their next avenue of attack at ease...

OBUA!!! :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

seriously.... are you on crack???

i'd only take wallace, driver & kello from the current hearts squad.

the rest are totally gash!

EH14
21-08-2009, 01:24 PM
OBUA!!! :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

seriously.... are you on crack???

i'd only take wallace, driver & kello from the current hearts squad.

the rest are totally gash!

It's yet to be proven that Danny Galbraith will be able to stay fit and play at the level he's obviously capable of (though I'm not suggesting he's not a good signing for Hibs and I wouldn't have had him at Hearts, he's just not played enough games yet). If Riordan's playing up front, who else can play left midfield for Hibs?

Obua, despite a poor game last night, is showing more he's getting used to Scottish football after taking too long to adjust and made Kovacevic from Dundee Utd have an awful game on Monday night. With his heading ability as well from set pieces and coming in at the back post when there's a cross from the right I think he'd strengthen the Hibs squad.

Jonnyboy
21-08-2009, 01:26 PM
It's yet to be proven that Danny Galbraith will be able to stay fit and play at the level he's obviously capable of (though I'm not suggesting he's not a good signing for Hibs and I wouldn't have had him at Hearts, he's just not played enough games yet). If Riordan's playing up front, who else can play left midfield for Hibs?

Obua, despite a poor game last night, is showing more he's getting used to Scottish football after taking too long to adjust and made Kovacevic from Dundee Utd have an awful game on Monday night. With his heading ability as well from set pieces and coming in at the back post when there's a cross from the right I think he'd strengthen the Hibs squad.

You already had him at Hearts and lost him :wink:

Just a pity Obua couldn't put that heading ability to good use last night :wink:

MacBean
21-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Driver

Westie1875
21-08-2009, 01:36 PM

Rankin
Stevenson
Zemmama
Wotherspoon
Murray

All of the above could play there if required, next question?

MussiHibee
21-08-2009, 01:38 PM
If Riordan's playing up front, who else can play left midfield for Hibs?

Rankin, Stevenson, Murray, Currie

EH14
21-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Rankin, Stevenson, Murray, Currie

I'd rather have Obua at left midfield than any of them (though I think Murray's strongest position is at left back).

Cocaine&Caviar
21-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Wallace, Jonsson, Goncalves, Black, Stewart, Kingston, Driver, Obua and Glen. :agree:

Woops, i mean GTF Hearts...

renato
21-08-2009, 06:20 PM

You really think so ? Geniune question. Wallace and Driver perhaps, certainly wouldn't agree on the others.

We're certainly no world beaters but I reckon Bamba, Murray, McBride, Zemamma, Riordan, Benji, Nish and Stokes would at the very least improve your 1st team, never mind your squad. IMO.

That's not including the youngsters like Hanlon and Wotherspoon who look excellent prospects.

NOLA
21-08-2009, 08:05 PM
palazuelos can play abit, drivers a good player and jonsson when played in midfield not RB HAHAHA

Rory89
21-08-2009, 08:15 PM
If I was a manager and had anyone from either squad to pick for a game my team would be:

......................Kello.....................

Jonnson.....Hogg....Bouzid.....Wallace

Zemmama..Bamba...Cregg......Driver..

..............Stokes....Riordan............

6 Hibby's and 5 Jambo's and I don't think I'm being biased, sounds about right. Of course there are many players for Hearts who would be good back-up and I would have at Hibs, but in terms of picking a best 11 I reckon that's about right.

The_Todd
21-08-2009, 08:18 PM
If I was a manager and had anyone from either squad to pick for a game my team would be:

6 Hibby's and 5 Jambo's and I don't think I'm being biased, sounds about right. Of course there are many players for Hearts who would be good back-up and I would have at Hibs, but in terms of picking a best 11 I reckon that's about right.

Jonsson at fullback? Really?

He's never a fullback and last night showed it. So did Monday night.

Albanian Hibs
21-08-2009, 09:57 PM

Not from what I have saw so far :bitchy:

Only player I would take from Hertz is Driver.

Albanian Hibs
21-08-2009, 09:58 PM

:faf: what have you been drinking/smoking? :faf:

Storar
21-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Driver and ,maybe Palazuelos

KingFranck
21-08-2009, 10:05 PM
I'd rather have Obua at left midfield than any of them (though I think Murray's strongest position is at left back).

You surely wouldn't have him before Zemmama?
If you come back and say yes then you need to take the maroon specs off and get back on whatever medication you used to be on:agree:

Pete
21-08-2009, 10:42 PM

I would lose Bouzid and replace him at CB with Bamba...just to keep him in the team and i would stick Kingston in midfield. Kingston is a good player when he fancies it.

However, lets wait a while before we start gloating about how good our players are compared to theirs. Players only really flourish as part of an effective team and it's too early to judge anyone this season...except Nade.

lyonhibs
21-08-2009, 10:54 PM

Kello - yes, Jonnson - CM we have taken care of, and at RB god no, but I can see your logic, so yes, Bouzid - no, non, nicht, Wallace - yes, Zaliukas (if he controlled his discipline) - if my ma had baws she'd be my dad Driver - yes, assuming his hamstrings.calves turn out oo not be made of glass and Kingston - overrated, overpaid, invisible or injured 80% of the time - no at the very least would improve the Hibs squad IMO.

Long gone are the days when I'd have taken Gordon, Fyssas, Pressley, Webster, Skacel, Hartley, Brellier and Jankauskas and just walked them into our starting line-up :agree: :agree:

Out of interest, post Stokes signing, being fair and honest etc, who do you think from Hibs would improve the Hearts 1st team squad?

GGTTH

EH14
22-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Long gone are the days when I'd have taken Gordon, Fyssas, Pressley, Webster, Skacel, Hartley, Brellier and Jankauskas and just walked them into our starting line-up :agree: :agree:

Out of interest, post Stokes signing, being fair and honest etc, who do you think from Hibs would improve the Hearts 1st team squad?

GGTTH

Most of your comments are fair.

Zaliukas was actually an integral part in us reaching 3rd IMO but let himself and the team down with his terrible discipline. He progressed massively as a player from the season before when not only was he indisciplined but he was also caught out of position far too many times- last season when on the park he was extremely reliable and rarely made mistakes. Obviously I hope the idiot sorts out the discipline, but I still think he'd be an asset to the Hib's squad (even if he was only available for 2/3rds of the games).

Bouzid- we'll need more time to assess who's right but I reckon he'll be a good signing. Bearing in mind the question was who'd be decent to bring to Easter Road (and therefore in my mind meaning could strengthen the squad rather than would go straight into the 1st team), I think Centre Back is a position Hibs could do with providing cover for, especially if Bamba's playing in midfield. From what I've seen so far, Bouzid will be a top 6 standard player (though not a stand out) so that's why he's in the list.

Kingston- most frustrating of the lot (I've given up on Nade). Does he have the talent and ability to improve Hibs? Definitely. His attitude and workrate is woeful though so therefore I can understand why you wouldn't want him. I would have loved for Hearts to be able to sell him over the summer (though I can understand why nobody wanted him). I still believe though that he has the ability to improve any side in the SPL and still foolishly hold out hope that he might decide to show that again this season, even if it is just to try and attract a new club when he's out of contract next summer.

Hibs players I think would improve the squad at Tynecastle?

Hogg
Bamba
Murray (not sure where I'd play him though, can he play RB? I'd have Wallace ahead of him at LB and not sure about Murray at LM).
Zemmama
Benjelloun (I think, though probably more because the way Hibby mates say he CAN play. I don't think I've seen him be that influential when I've seen him live)
Stokes
Riordan