panshibby
20-08-2009, 06:55 PM
That guy is a legend, Ivan Sproule on a proper motorbike 19.19s for the 200m

:thumbsup:

stubru59
20-08-2009, 07:03 PM

:thumbsup:

Just when you are trying to work out how someone can run 100m in 9.58, along comes the same guy to blow away the 200m record.

Great stuff.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-08-2009, 07:05 PM
I met a bloke who was connected to Scottish Cycling and a PHD Student in Biomechanics. He said that top sports use of performance enhancing substances without question goes on - he included football in this. Perhaps nothing startling there.

I didn't ask him about Bolt his physique is not your "typical sprinter" so who knows maybe thats the difference. With such a significant obliteration of the records it does make me wonder. Shame the cheats spoilt it for the rest and make folks question even the clean runners.

panshibby
20-08-2009, 07:10 PM
I met a bloke who was connected to Scottish Cycling and a PHD Student in Biomechanics. He said that top sports use of performance enhancing substances without question goes on - he included football in this. Perhaps nothing startling there.

I didn't ask him about Bolt his physique is not your "typical sprinter" so who knows maybe thats the difference. With such a significant obliteration of the records it does make me wonder. Shame the cheats spoilt it for the rest and make folks question even the clean runners.

understand what you are saying, however after the 100m all athelets passed all the neccessary test 100% clean :thumbsup:

NaeTechnoHibby
20-08-2009, 07:16 PM
He doesnae even have a great technique, and rocks and rolls his shoulders, and I doubt he's oan drugs, for once :agree:

Just a very rare talent IMO :thumbsup:

panshibby
20-08-2009, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=NaeTechnoHibby;2137945]He doesnae even have a great technique, and rocks and rolls his shoulders, and I doubt he's oan drugs, for once :agree:

Just a very rare talent IMO :thumbsup:[/QUOT

nae technique or what. Bolt is faster than a skitter doon a lavvy pan!!!:wink:

Beefster
20-08-2009, 07:19 PM
The guy's a phenomenon. Absolutely amazing.

Haymaker
20-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Can he kick a ball? We need some pace up front, surely more money in footba'? :wink:

Darth Hibbie
20-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Reminds me of myself in my younger days :greengrin

Without a doubt an amazing talent and still has a few years left in him to get faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NaeTechnoHibby
20-08-2009, 07:26 PM
I know they have some athletes from Jamaica who are under suspicion of drug use, but the Jamaica team have withdrawn them, and I hope that will be an and to thinking that drugs will win the day :agree:

I think that the clean athletes will be an even bigger inspiration to there people :agree: It's a way out of poverty and desperation :agree:

panshibby
20-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Can he kick a ball? We need some pace up front, surely more money in footba'? :wink:

what at Hibs:wink: the money he has coming in now will make becham look like a pauper :thumbsup:

Haymaker
20-08-2009, 07:32 PM
what at Hibs:wink: the money he has coming in now will make becham look like a pauper :thumbsup:

PETRIE!!! :grr:

Cropley10
20-08-2009, 07:35 PM

Doubt it very much.

Before Bolt the wisdom was you had to be all muscle.
But he's what 6'7"? Yes he's got a good physique but it's not over built. He's just an amazing talent and a true star...he's Mr Athletics.:thumbsup:

McIntosh
20-08-2009, 07:43 PM
My wife is from Jamaica, she hasn't stopped jumping up and down the man is a machine.

hibsbollah
20-08-2009, 07:50 PM

If most of the top sportsmen are on drugs then there would be a load of athletes all having fantastic performances. Bolt's lone pre-eminence suggests, if anything, that the sport is clean at the top level.

Hibs Spain
20-08-2009, 08:08 PM

:thumbsup:Great to have witnessed it.Sensational.