PDA

View Full Version : Pay at the gate

blueisthecolour
20-08-2009, 06:28 PM
I noticed someone saying there is no cash at the gate for the falkirk game, how many teams still do pay at the gate, i can't remember the last time i was at a game where you could pay at the gate.

HH81
20-08-2009, 06:30 PM
I noticed someone saying there is no cash at the gate for the falkirk game, how many teams still do pay at the gate, i can't remember the last time i was at a game where you could pay at the gate.

Bolton 2 weeks ago :wink:

I paid at the gate at Motherwell last season :agree:

Darth Hibbie
20-08-2009, 06:30 PM
At RE most games are pay at the gate. All ticket for yams and rantic.

Frogga
20-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Motherwell do, as do Aberdeen and Dundee Utd I think.

Killiehibbie
20-08-2009, 06:46 PM

Teams can't trust o.f bigots to stay in their own part of the ground. Even though you don't have as many travelling as years ago police insist on all ticket for the good of normal fans.

blueisthecolour
20-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Teams can't trust o.f bigots to stay in their own part of the ground. Even though you don't have as many travelling as years ago police insist on all ticket for the good of normal fans.

Rubbish, if fans want tickets for the home end they are easily available, so your statement is wrong.

Killiehibbie
20-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Rubbish, if fans want tickets for the home end they are easily available, so your statement is wrong.

Far harder for somebody in Glasgow,Belfast,Cumnock or wherever to get a ticket for Pittodrie than it is to turn up pay at the gate and cause a riot.

3pm
20-08-2009, 07:04 PM

A lot of your cup games are PATG. Also, I can't believe you have lasted 100 posts on here.

blueisthecolour
20-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Far harder for somebody in Glasgow,Belfast,Cumnock or wherever to get a ticket for Pittodrie than it is to turn up pay at the gate and cause a riot.
Rubbish again, as i said if i wanted a ticket for the home end it would not be a proble to get one.

blueisthecolour
20-08-2009, 07:08 PM
A lot of your cup games are PATG. Also, I can't believe you have lasted 100 posts on here.

No there not, all our games are ticket.

Why can't you believe i have lasted 100 posts?

3pm
20-08-2009, 07:09 PM

Cos yer an erse.

ArabHibee
20-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Cos yer an erse.

:faf::thumbsup:

Cabbage East
20-08-2009, 07:15 PM

Cos you're a fanny and a piss poor wind-up.

ArabHibee
20-08-2009, 07:16 PM

Do you have to work hard at annoying people or does it just come naturally?

Killiehibbie
20-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Rubbish again, as i said if i wanted a ticket for the home end it would not be a proble to get one.

Just as easy as buying a pair of Dundee Utd socks? If you can get tickets fine but it's less convenient than turning up and paying at the gate.

blueisthecolour
20-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Cos you're a fanny and a piss poor wind-up.
Do you not like me then:faf:

thats a pity

blueisthecolour
20-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Do you have to work hard at annoying people or does it just come naturally?
Why are you annoyed?

steviehfc
20-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Cos yer an erse.:thumbsup: :agree: :top marks

blueisthecolour
20-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Just as easy as buying a pair of Dundee Utd socks? If you can get tickets fine but it's less convenient than turning up and paying at the gate.
Tickets are very easy to come by, the game you are talking about was when we won the league, story a lot of rubbish.

jgl07
20-08-2009, 07:33 PM
I think that Falkirk and Hamilton usually go for all ticket because they have capacities of less than 10,000. St Mrren used to have all ticket matches when at Love Street.

In most cases you can buy tickets up to kick off at a kiosk.

Hearts matches are all ticket as the turnstyles are not equipped to take cash.

Other SPL grounds usually have pay at the gate except for Rangers and Celtic matches and Hibs Hearts derbies.

blueisthecolour
20-08-2009, 07:38 PM
I think that Falkirk and Hamilton usually go for all ticket because they have capacities of less than 10,000. St Mrren used to have all ticket matches when at Love Street.

In most cases you can buy tickets up to kick off at a kiosk.

Hearts matches are all ticket as the turnstyles are not equipped to take cash.

Other SPL grounds usually have pay at the gate except for Rangers and Celtic matches and Hibs Hearts derbies.

Cheers mate, if only you had been on earlier then it would have stoped folk thinking i was taking the mick

ArabHibee
20-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Why are you annoyed?

Because you are at it, every chance you get.

The thread you started last night was a wind up, this one is a wind up and your "butter wouldn't melt in my mouth" posts don't wash with me.

I have no issue with fans from other teams posting on here (as most people know). Discuss the football or any of the other things being discussed but don't start threads to get a reaction out of folks.

Feel priviliged that you are allowed to stay on this forum. You know for a fact that it would not be reciprocated if any of us tried to post on 'follow follow'.

lucky
20-08-2009, 08:58 PM
why dont we launch the arse, He is at it

BroxburnHibee
20-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Please remember folks that its the admins job to monitor the boards :greengrin

I haven't seen much to make me think our pet Hun is trying to noise us up............YET.

If any of you find anything anyone posts is out of order then please use the report post function - then we will discuss it.

Albanian Hibs
20-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Why are you annoyed?

LTHF

:agree:

Killiehibbie
20-08-2009, 09:45 PM
LTHF

:agree:

No need just get him a ticket for our end next time huns are in town and he'll soon find out why they're not allowed near decent folk.

blueisthecolour
20-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Because you are at it, every chance you get.

The thread you started last night was a wind up, this one is a wind up and your "butter wouldn't melt in my mouth" posts don't wash with me.

I have no issue with fans from other teams posting on here (as most people know). Discuss the football or any of the other things being discussed but don't start threads to get a reaction out of folks.

Feel priviliged that you are allowed to stay on this forum. You know for a fact that it would not be reciprocated if any of us tried to post on 'follow follow'.

Please explain why this one is a wind up, i honestly didn't think you got pay at the gate games in the top flight, tickets on sale right up to kick off yes but steward taking cash at the turnstyle, I thought they had done away with this.

Folk are trying to look futher in to my post if i was at the wind up im sure there would be things i could slag hibs for that would get a reaction, why not accept im interested about football in gereral.

Lucius Apuleius
21-08-2009, 06:39 AM
If you were interested in football in general you would be aware that most places you can mpay cash. By the way, funniest thing I have seen in a newspaper for years was an advert from der hun a few days before the Falkirk game advertising tickets for sale. Slippy slope when you cannot sell out your ground for the first game of the season to defend your title and unveil the flag.

Joe Baker II
21-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Please remember folks that its the admins job to monitor the boards :greengrin

I haven't seen much to make me think our pet Hun is trying to noise us up............YET.

If any of you find anything anyone posts is out of order then please use the report post function - then we will discuss it.

Exactly not time to go into absurdity of many games having no pay gate facility (semi finals at half full Hampden one classic example that shows how backward Scotland can be) but the general point about clubs discouraging pay at the gate supporters is one that needs addressing urgently. Some people seem very easily wound up by OF fans and make themselves look truly pathetic.

As an aside one (minor rather than major) reason I have not renewed my ER season ticket this season is the fact Petrie clearly wants people to buy STs rather than pay at gate. Falkirk v Hibs will almost certainly have cabin at ground selling tickets, anyone who turns up without colours early enough will get into home end (as I may do if I decide to go) and club publishing info that Falkirk game all ticket tomorrow is an unmitigated disgrace that will only discourage people from going, and it is not the first time this has happened. And if it is true they are equally culpable - they know there is normally a cabin at ground and to make no reference to this is pure negligence and shows complete disregard for Hibs travelling fans.

blueisthecolour
21-08-2009, 02:33 PM
If you were interested in football in general you would be aware that most places you can mpay cash. By the way, funniest thing I have seen in a newspaper for years was an advert from der hun a few days before the Falkirk game advertising tickets for sale. Slippy slope when you cannot sell out your ground for the first game of the season to defend your title and unveil the flag.

Im interested in football, I thought most places had gave up on pay at the gate as over the years the person taking the cash hasbeen known to put it in ther pocket, buy selling tickets it means th cash is easily accounted for, I thought tickets whre on sale right up to kick off.

Our first game was a sell out yes they where selling tickets up to kick off but this happens every week, as someone else said the chairmen of clubs want you to buy a season ticket so they have te cash in the bank, a lot of rangers fans don't buy season tickets as they don't want David Murray to be geting the interest on there cash and they know they can buy tickets up to kick off.

ArabHibee
21-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Im interested in football, I thought most places had gave up on pay at the gate as over the years the person taking the cash hasbeen known to put it in ther pocket, buy selling tickets it means th cash is easily accounted for, I thought tickets whre on sale right up to kick off.

Our first game was a sell out yes they where selling tickets up to kick off but this happens every week, as someone else said the chairmen of clubs want you to buy a season ticket so they have te cash in the bank, a lot of rangers fans don't buy season tickets as they don't want David Murray to be geting the interest on there cash and they know they can buy tickets up to kick off.

Aye - maybe in weegieland.

marinello59
21-08-2009, 08:36 PM

How many away games do you guys have cash gates for then? Don't you sell out every away ground you are at to keep the rest of us poor wee diddy teams afloat?

Hiber-nation
21-08-2009, 08:46 PM
How many away games do you guys have cash gates for then? Don't you sell out every away ground you are at to keep the rest of us poor wee diddy teams afloat?

How would they know? They're too busy being up to their knees in fenian blood to notice anything else.

PS except that nice Mr blueisthecolour

blueisthecolour
21-08-2009, 09:07 PM
We don't have any cash gates all grounds we go to are all ticket matches.

blueisthecolour
21-08-2009, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE=Hiber-nation;2140238]How would they know? They're too busy being up to their knees in fenian blood to notice anything else.

:aok::hilarious]

marinello59
21-08-2009, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=Hiber-nation;2140238]How would they know? They're too busy being up to their knees in fenian blood to notice anything else.

:aok::hilarious]

Aye, hilarious.

lyonhibs
21-08-2009, 10:33 PM
I don't quite understand how this thread is a wind-up. Rankers are blindly followed by too many folk from nowhere near Glasgow and Northern Ireland to ever NOT sell their tickets for away (and home????) games before the need for cash gates becomes apparent.

Mercifully, Hibs are slightly more selective about their fanbase, and we are all subject to a dental confirmation check (i.e. we possess all our own teeth) and a Oedopius Rex blood test (i.e. our mothers really are JUST our mothers).

Blueisthecolour, the above factors combine to mean that normally (in my experience) St Mirren, Hamilton, Motherwell, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock are typically cash gates for us.

They are great IMO - no planning required apart from getting to the stadium a wee bit early and you get to sit next to your mates pretty much guarenteed.

blueisthecolour
22-08-2009, 01:15 PM
I don't quite understand how this thread is a wind-up. Rankers are blindly followed by too many folk from nowhere near Glasgow and Northern Ireland to ever NOT sell their tickets for away (and home????) games before the need for cash gates becomes apparent.

Mercifully, Hibs are slightly more selective about their fanbase, and we are all subject to a dental confirmation check (i.e. we possess all our own teeth) and a Oedopius Rex blood test (i.e. our mothers really are JUST our mothers).

Blueisthecolour, the above factors combine to mean that normally (in my experience) St Mirren, Hamilton, Motherwell, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock are typically cash gates for us.

They are great IMO - no planning required apart from getting to the stadium a wee bit early and you get to sit next to your mates pretty much guarenteed.

No matter what i post mate, someone will try to read between the lines to see if they can see a wind-up in there somewhere.

ArabHibee
22-08-2009, 01:27 PM
No matter what i post mate, someone will try to read between the lines to see if they can see a wind-up in there somewhere.

Me thinks you're on the wind-up again!!!

:wink: