PDA

View Full Version : Help regarding Falkirk game

Jones28
20-08-2009, 05:14 PM
How do you get from the train station to the stadium?

Are there many hibees going through on the train? :thumbsup:

Cameron1875
20-08-2009, 05:32 PM
got train for the 1-1 game last november and just jumped in a taxi. Think it is a very long walk from station. not sure though, some people may have walked so get better answer from them.

Sir David Gray
20-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Grahamston station is just over a mile away from the ground.

It would probably take you around 20 minutes to walk from the station to the stadium.

woody47
20-08-2009, 06:15 PM
How do you get from the train station to the stadium?

Are there many hibees going through on the train? :thumbsup:

TBH. I reckon the station in Falkirk is nearer to their stadium than it is from Waverley to ER. Just depends on how far you fancy walking.

Frogga
20-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Yeah its not too far, about 15-20mins.

Come out of Falkirk Grahamston station up the ramps on to the main road and cross the road. Turn left and then right to go into the retail park and walk past Tescos, Next, Boots etc. Keep walking in that direction across the car parks and past McDonalds. Go straight over the roundabout (the old East Stirling ground is just visible to your left) and then turn right at the next roundabout. Follow the road for about two minutes and turn left at the junction at the end. From here its easy... Just follow the main road for about 10minutes, you'll pass the old climbing wall centre and the college and will see the stadium before too long straight ahead.

Hope that helps!:cool2:

The_Todd
20-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Just remember it's Falkirk Grahamston not Falkirk High you should catch a train to, so don't get the Edinburgh-Queen St train!

Moulin Yarns
20-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah its not too far, about 15-20mins.

Come out of Falkirk Grahamston station up the ramps on to the main road and cross the road. Turn left and then right to go into the retail park and walk past Tescos, Next, Boots etc. Keep walking in that direction across the car parks and past McDonalds. Go straight over the roundabout (the old East Stirling ground is just visible to your left) and then turn right at the next roundabout. Follow the road for about two minutes and turn left at the junction at the end. From here its easy... Just follow the main road for about 10minutes, you'll pass the old climbing wall centre and the college and will see the stadium before too long straight ahead.

Hope that helps!:cool2:

Or follow road signs for Grangemouth

givescotlandfreedom
20-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Just remember it's Falkirk Grahamston not Falkirk High you should catch a train to, so don't get the Edinburgh-Queen St train!

:agree: It's the Dunblane train for Grahamston.

Phil MaGlass
20-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Its a long walk from Waverley

Moulin Yarns
20-08-2009, 07:15 PM
:agree: It's the Dunblane train for Grahamston.

or Perth or Inverness

givescotlandfreedom
20-08-2009, 07:26 PM
or Perth or Inverness

There's only one stops there mate on its way to Inverness or Perth and that's at 16.33. The rest go via Fife, a bit out the way :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
20-08-2009, 07:43 PM
There's only one stops there mate on its way to Inverness or Perth and that's at 16.33. The rest go via Fife, a bit out the way :greengrin

OOPS, changed days when I stayed a couple of minutes from Brockville then. The fife circle to Perth was the exception back in the 1980s.

Sir David Gray
20-08-2009, 07:54 PM

:agree: Falkirk High is more than 2 miles from the ground and it would take you ages to walk to the stadium.

givescotlandfreedom
20-08-2009, 07:56 PM
OOPS, changed days when I stayed a couple of minutes from Brockville then. The fife circle to Perth was the exception back in the 1980s.

I'm not really that sad I work for the railway, honest! :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
20-08-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm not really that sad I work for the railway, honest! :greengrin

That's a relief, I thought I'd got into a conversation with an anorack :greengrin