PDA

View Full Version : Blake's goal v Man Utd

VegasHibby
19-08-2009, 11:05 PM
What a volley. Burnley had a good game. Utd seem to have no purpose without Ronaldo.

LamontHFC©
19-08-2009, 11:07 PM
United will still win the league.

Sloppy
19-08-2009, 11:13 PM
:thumbsup:agreed

monktonharp
20-08-2009, 12:40 AM
great start for Burnley,their goalie saved a penalty too! great results all round,for the other half o' Mancland :wink:

VegasHibby
20-08-2009, 04:46 AM

They're going to struggle this season. Confidence is going to go. Mark my words they'll struggle to be in top 3.......

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2009, 07:27 AM
What a strike, a candidate for goal of the season already.:top marks And fletcher nearly joined him. but was unlucky with his shot, and his follow up strike.:wink:

James70
20-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Unless they spend some of the mega bucks they got for Ronaldo I think Utd will struggle to maintain a challenge this season. They are much weaker than last season but other clubs have strengthened their squads. Have Utd been getting lessons in prudence from Rodders? :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-08-2009, 07:41 AM
What a volley. Burnley had a good game. Utd seem to have no purpose without Ronaldo.

Sure that Zitelli scored a similar volley for us. Think was as against Dundee away.

khib70
20-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Clutch that straw! They even got their compulsory penalty, but overpriced clod Carrick managed to miss it :faf::faf:

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Unless they spend some of the mega bucks they got for Ronaldo I think Utd will struggle to maintain a challenge this season. They are much weaker than last season but other clubs have strengthened their squads. Have Utd been getting lessons in prudence from Rodders? :wink:

I said so much a few weeks ago. They will obviously still compete in the top 4, but i agree, they will struggle to win it imho. Chelsea for me.

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2009, 08:24 AM
I said so much a few weeks ago. They will obviously still compete in the top 4, but i agree, they will struggle to win it imho. Chelsea for me.

Agreed. They still have to pay £700 m to the Glazers (minus the 70 m for Ronaldo) for the honour of the Americans taking out that huge loan to buy them. So don't expect any big signings, whatever the PR proclamations.

Basically it'll be up to Fergie to pull rabbits out the hat and/or bring on young players. After the body-blow of being totally outplayed in the CL final, I think it might be one too many unrewarding challenges and he could walk.

I think they'll have a late rally and secure a CL place.

But they'll do better than Liverpool who will have a non top six crisis season.

I think Arsenal are not quite ready and Chelsea over the hill, so it could be an interesting EPL. Think City will comfortably make the top four and Spurs could also challenge strongly for a CL slot.

Ritchie
20-08-2009, 08:38 AM
how did fletcher play???

Ferryhibby
20-08-2009, 08:40 AM
how did fletcher play???

same as he used to for us missed a couple, ran about, got taken off

heretoday
20-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Liverpool will win the league, unfortunately.

IWasThere2016
20-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Chelsea for me. Pool running them close. It'll be tight for top 4 too IMHO. So much more interestign than recent years .. and miles more so than the SPHell.

maturehibby
20-08-2009, 09:38 AM
how did fletcher play???

had two good chances in the same move and on his left foot and managed to balloon them about 50 feet up in the air - not what you would expect from a striker who cost over 3 million pounds

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2009, 09:49 AM
had two good chances in the same move and on his left foot and managed to balloon them about 50 feet up in the air - not what you would expect from a striker who cost over 3 million pounds

Not really sure what your point is here.
The £30m players than Man united have did what? The guy they bought for, was it £18m missed a penalty, not what you would expect from someone who cost that much eh.:confused:

jakedance
20-08-2009, 10:22 AM
The volley chance where Fletcher missed the ball was an absolute sitter. As an expert in 'heeds and volleys' I could have scored it nae bother. If that was down the park with my mates and I he would have had to have gone in goals for it, which would have handed the game to United. He's a lucky man.

HibsNibs
20-08-2009, 10:23 AM

Yeah - looked totally out of his depth. Will be back up the road to Rantic inside a year methinks.

brog
20-08-2009, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE=Dashing Bob S;2137034]
Basically it'll be up to Fergie to pull rabbits out the hat and/or bring on young players. After the body-blow of being totally outplayed in the CL final, I think it might be one too many unrewarding challenges and he could walk.

I agree, I said to my Man U mate, a true supporter for 50 years, at the time that Barca toyed with Man U the way Man U often do with lower EPL teams, eg Burnley!
I think Man U's confidence was severely dented after the CL final & it will be tough to rebuild. Personally I think Chelsea will stroll the league & have backed this up with hard cash. A good way of looking at it is to ask how many Man U players would get a game for Chelsea. I stopped at Rooney & one of the centrebacks.

JoeT
20-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Yeah - looked totally out of his depth. Will be back up the road to Rantic inside a year methinks.

Didn't look out of place against the champions.

Defended well as you would have to being the wee team against Man U - was involved in most Burnley attacks - got into scoring positions - finishing was poor but he was confident enough to go for the over elaborate rather than bringing it down and giving it to someone else. Another day he'd have got a couple.

2nd game in the Premiership I'd give him an 8 (7 if they hadn't won)

Benny Brazil
20-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Chelsea for me. Pool running them close. It'll be tight for top 4 too IMHO. So much more interestign than recent years .. and miles more so than the SPHell.

Spurs for me:greengrin

Tyler Durden
20-08-2009, 12:08 PM

Not at all. He had a good game, keeping the ball well and putting in a great shift. 1 missed chance doesn't make him out of his depth.

Ritchie
20-08-2009, 12:12 PM
1. Chelski
2. Arsenal
3. Man Utd
4. Man City
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool

PeterboroHibee
20-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Was he not playing in midfield as well?

Only his second game in the EPL and alot of pressure on him as their record signing, it was a bad couple of misses but against Man Utd would have mentaly made it even more difficult.

Hes been okay so far, and still getting used to the difference down there but think he will be a good signing for them.

James70
20-08-2009, 12:15 PM
His attempts at scoring were laughable almost but he put in a good shift in midfield with his linking play and he did have one decent run and long range shot. I just don't think he is an out and out striker and he will never be a prolific goal scorer.

Jonnyboy
20-08-2009, 12:52 PM
same as he used to for us missed a couple, ran about, got taken off

But earned a lot more in the process :wink:

BTW, I'm liking your avatar :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2009, 12:54 PM
1. Chelski
2. Arsenal
3. Man Utd
4. Man City
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool

Decent call.

jgl07
20-08-2009, 01:11 PM
No they are likely to be strapped for cash because of their flawed business model.

A highly leveraged takeover means that, as with Liverpool, they need to raise millions to repay interest on the loand taken out to purchase the club.

To think that you can replace Ronaldo and Tevez with 'sick note' Michael Owen shows poor judgement.

Ferguson is showing signs that he is losing the plot with his near hysterical wee club jibe at City (now where have we heard that one before?) and his recent comments about cheats.

It is certainly the case that you cannot lose at places such as Burnley and expect to be PL champions. United lost four matches last season and five the year before (two to City). Liverpool lost two matches last season and four the year before and still failed to win anything.

Haymaker
20-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Man utd always start slowly. They did last season and won... the league. Season before they started sluggishly and won... the league... Fergies team ALWAYS start slowly. While they do need to replace Ronaldo's goals, IMHO that will be almost impossible and everyone is outpriced at the moment with the huge money City and Madrid have been pumping around!

VegasHibby
20-08-2009, 03:35 PM
1. Chelski
2. Arsenal
3. Man Utd
4. Man City
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool

Not a bad prediction though I can see Spurs and Liverpool above Man C.

VegasHibby
20-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Sure that Zitelli scored a similar volley for us. Think was as against Dundee away.

Yes you're right against Dundee. I even think Zitelli's was a tad more spectacular.......