PDA

View Full Version : St James' tonight

hibsbollah
19-08-2009, 10:21 PM
I've just got back from a reasonably entertaining game, Newcastle 1 Sheff Weds 0, attendance 44,000; so to give the Geordies credit they are still turning out in good numbers.

However, most of the evenings entertainment was provided by a load of bats who are obviously nesting (do bats 'nest'? i dont even know:greengrin) in the top tiers of the stadium and were flying about the heads of both sets of supporters.

Anyone seen this anywhere else or is this unique to St James Park? :turnevil:

lapsedhibee
19-08-2009, 10:25 PM
I've just got back from a reasonably entertaining game, Newcastle 1 Sheff Weds 0, attendance 44,000; so to give the Geordies credit they are still turning out in good numbers.

However, most of the evenings entertainment was provided by a load of bats who are obviously nesting (do bats 'nest'? i dont even know:greengrin) in the top tiers of the stadium and were flying about the heads of both sets of supporters.

Dunno about unique, but they've been there a good few years. The fans nicknamed a favourite midfielder after the creatures in the mid-1990s.

wazoo1875
19-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Dunno about unique, but they've been there a good few years. The fans nicknamed a favourite midfielder after the creatures in the mid-1990s.
Joey Baton :confused:

Hibbie_Cameron
19-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Ashley opened his wallet:greengrin

blueisthecolour
19-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Joey Baton :confused:
David Batty:wink:

Mibbes Aye
19-08-2009, 11:13 PM

Kieronoptera Dyer? :duck:

haggisbaws
20-08-2009, 03:40 AM

I once got a bat in the mooth off a polis at dens park 30 year ago my crime was to trip on the steps going to the loo lol :boo hoo:

YehButNoBut
20-08-2009, 07:22 AM

Did Hearts not have the same problem at Tynie with bats, sure I read this a while back. Maybe just Vlad the vampire sucking the club dry. :jamboak: