PDA

View Full Version : hamilton away sunday 13th sept

forthhibby
19-08-2009, 08:36 PM
anyone know why this game is on a sunday :confused:

Hiber-nation
19-08-2009, 08:50 PM
anyone know why this game is on a sunday :confused:

Delayed by 24 hours to allow the fans to get back from the last game?

:duck:

Darth Hibbie
19-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Delayed by 24 hours to allow the fans to get back from the last game?

:duck:
:greengrin

I am still not back from that one and I only live 2 mins away.

MacBean
19-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Its due to the motherwell game.
Hamilton and Motherwell can't play at home on the same day - screw by the fixture folk if you ask me!
not the only thing screwed up within Scottish Football though!!:wink:

kaimendhibs
19-08-2009, 10:15 PM
can only surmise its to allow me and jumbo to watch the cockney rejects and angelic upstarts at durham punk festival on the saturday.:greengrin:greengrin

BroxburnHibee
19-08-2009, 10:18 PM
That date rings a bell - I'm sure I've got something on..............

:hmmm:

Darth Hibbie
19-08-2009, 10:22 PM
That date rings a bell - I'm sure I've got something on..............

:hmmm:

What could be more important than a trip to Hamilton :greengrin:offski:

monktonharp
19-08-2009, 10:39 PM
What could be more important than a trip to Hamilton :greengrin:offski: I'm looking forward tae it now,as it's my Birthday (same day as king Paddy I think). Hibs win please:greengrin

CallumHibs07
19-08-2009, 10:42 PM
:faf:Isn't that the day Pedal for Scotland is on?

Jonnyboy
19-08-2009, 11:27 PM
I'm looking forward tae it now,as it's my Birthday (same day as king Paddy I think). Hibs win please:greengrin

:agree:

monktonharp
19-08-2009, 11:50 PM
thought so Johnny boy,what you getting me?:greengrin

Sloppy
19-08-2009, 11:56 PM
is it on tv, was supposed to be on setanta but cant see it being on tht anymore:confused:

ian cruise
20-08-2009, 12:55 AM
typical, i live a five minute walk from the new douglas park and it's the weekend i'm in aberdeen. i might drive down and back up for it though :thumbsup:

Joe Baker II
20-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Hamilton and Motherwell can't play at home on the same day - screw by the fixture folk if you ask me!

Why not. Celtic have just managed to play in proximity to U2 concert and Hampden nearer to Parkhead than Douglas Park to Fir Park. No wonder people think Scotland is backward.

KeithTheHibby
20-08-2009, 12:22 PM

Not doubting you here but that does sound bizarre to say the least.

Jonnyboy
20-08-2009, 12:25 PM
thought so Johnny boy,what you getting me?:greengrin

My brother's birthday that day too :agree:

Re the gift I might just write a wee article about Pat and mention you and my bro in it :greengrin

monktonharp
20-08-2009, 03:29 PM
My brother's birthday that day too :agree:

Re the gift I might just write a wee article about Pat and mention you and my bro in it :greengrin cheers:thumbsup:, but why is the game on the Sunday? 2 massive Lanarkshire fixtures on the same day might explain it:yawn:

MacBean
20-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Why not. Celtic have just managed to play in proximity to U2 concert and Hampden nearer to Parkhead than Douglas Park to Fir Park. No wonder people think Scotland is backward.

Not doubting you here but that does sound bizarre to say the least.

Gents,

I see your reasoning for doubt, however...

There was a blog on the BBC Website telling you how they pick the fixtures (its a massive computer database).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/06/secrets_of_the_fixture_compute.html

Its quite an interesting read - for those who dont want to read here is a quote from it

"
Just to give you one example; every club is paired with another in regard to when they play their home and away fixtures. This is done for a number of reasons, one being so that clubs like Everton and Liverpool do not play at home on the same weekend.

West Ham, it turns out, are paired with Dagenham and Redbridge. But for reasons of revenue Southend request they do not play at home on the same day as the Hammers as they believe it impacts upon their attendance.

Southend, though, are in Essex, as are Colchester, so they cannot play together on the same weekend. Colchester share stewards with Ipswich so those two clubs also request they do not play home games on the same weekend. Transport links dictate Ipswich and Norwich do not play together on the same weekend either. In other words, when West Ham play at home can have an impact on when a club as far away as Norwich (108.8 miles) play their home fixtures. And there are 12 other professional clubs in London...."

The same thing happens up here with St Mirren/Partick who don't want to play on the same day as Celtic/Rangers who are paired for obvious reasons, as are Hibs/Hearts, and Dundee/Dundee Utd. Motherwell and Hamilton are paired this way too so that why the game is on the Sunday.:rockin: :aok: :smug:

Frazerbob
20-08-2009, 04:26 PM
I thought it was on the Sunday becuase Setanta had picked it as the live game that weekend. (and they wonder why they went bust!) It isn't being shown by Sky/ESPN so had hoped it would change back to the Saturday.

forthhibby
22-08-2009, 05:31 PM

hamilton and motherwell both at home today :confused:

blueisthecolour
22-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Gents,

I see your reasoning for doubt, however...

There was a blog on the BBC Website telling you how they pick the fixtures (its a massive computer database).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/06/secrets_of_the_fixture_compute.html

Its quite an interesting read - for those who dont want to read here is a quote from it

"
Just to give you one example; every club is paired with another in regard to when they play their home and away fixtures. This is done for a number of reasons, one being so that clubs like Everton and Liverpool do not play at home on the same weekend.

West Ham, it turns out, are paired with Dagenham and Redbridge. But for reasons of revenue Southend request they do not play at home on the same day as the Hammers as they believe it impacts upon their attendance.

Southend, though, are in Essex, as are Colchester, so they cannot play together on the same weekend. Colchester share stewards with Ipswich so those two clubs also request they do not play home games on the same weekend. Transport links dictate Ipswich and Norwich do not play together on the same weekend either. In other words, when West Ham play at home can have an impact on when a club as far away as Norwich (108.8 miles) play their home fixtures. And there are 12 other professional clubs in London...."

The same thing happens up here with St Mirren/Partick who don't want to play on the same day as Celtic/Rangers who are paired for obvious reasons, as are Hibs/Hearts, and Dundee/Dundee Utd. Motherwell and Hamilton are paired this way too so that why the game is on the Sunday.:rockin: :aok: :smug:
Both these teams played at home today im sure.

--------
22-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Both these teams played at home today im sure.

They did indeed.

Rioting hordes destroyed the respective town centres.

Hundreds dead.

Strathclyde Polis statement: "Wis there some fitba matches oan the day? We didnae ken."

Hiber-nation
22-08-2009, 07:22 PM
hamilton and motherwell both at home today :confused:

Both playing "wee teams" though - Motherwell play the huns on Saturday 12th.