PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Berwick Rangers

Brooster
19-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Hibs beat Berwick Rangers 4-0 in a closed doors game at East Mains tonight. Goals from Byrne, Benji (Pen) and 2 from Paddy Deane. Team was Stack, Stevenson, McCormack, Murray, Thicot, Wilson, Keenan, Currie, Galbraith, Byrne and Benji.

NOLA
19-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Hibs beat Berwick Rangers 4-0 in a closed doors game at East Mains tonight. Goals from Byrne, Benji (Pen) and 2 from Paddy Deane. Team was Stack, Stevenson, McCormack, Murray, Thicot, Wilson, Keenan, Currie, Galbraith, Byrne and Benji.

thought we had booted keenan?

Bunter
19-08-2009, 09:21 PM
thought we had booted keenan?
IIRC He has been told if he can find himself another club he can go, if not he's here until Hibs cut a deal for his remaining contract.

jdships
19-08-2009, 10:06 PM
IIRC He has been told if he can find himself another club he can go, if not he's here until Hibs cut a deal for his remaining contract.

Don't normally get involved in these posts but my lads at EM told me , last week, exactly as you have written
:thumbsup:

brog
20-08-2009, 08:41 AM

That's the perceived wisdom but if that's the case what's the point in playing him? Would be more useful for Yogi to be looking at players who are remaining rather than one we've decided can be released. :confused:

Sprouleflyer
20-08-2009, 08:45 AM
That's the perceived wisdom but if that's the case what's the point in playing him? Would be more useful for Yogi to be looking at players who are remaining rather than one we've decided can be released. :confused:

Probably to get his fitness up to speed, better chance of a team taking him if he has had some game time and is looking fit.

jdships
20-08-2009, 09:24 AM

Sorry don't agree.
Keenan is a Hibs player being payed a wage to play football .
Surely he is entitled to get the opportunity to show what he can do to interested clubs while maintaining his fitness levels just as Sprouleflyer says

maturehibby
20-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Thought yogi shot himself in the foot a bit especially when we were at Bolton as by excluding Keenan we were too short of subs and a wee run out at some point would have done him no harm

brog
20-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Sorry don't agree.
Keenan is a Hibs player being payed a wage to play football .
Surely he is entitled to get the opportunity to show what he can do to interested clubs while maintaining his fitness levels just as Sprouleflyer says

He's actually being paid a wage at moment not to play ( competitive )football & I'm not sure how a closed doors game vs Berwick gives him an opportunity to show interested clubs what he can do. Neither the tache nor Yogi strike me as being particularly charitable & I can't really see why they would want to help JK with his match fitness. Nor can I understand the importance of Aug 31 to JK other than it being end of transfer window. If he becomes a free agent we'll have to pay him off regardless of the date, I think he has a contract until 2010.
Surely not even the tache is hoping to get money for Joe!! :faf: