PDA

View Full Version : NHC Rafa away?

Captain Trips
19-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Talksport hinting that maybe Rafa Benietz has or will be going, greggs at the Mo.

Dashing Bob S
19-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Talksport hinting that maybe Rafa Benietz has or will be going, greggs at the Mo.

Good move to desert that sinking ship now. The more money they throw at trying to win the premiership, the sadder the squalid enterprise becomes. Out of the top four this season, with a struggle to make top six.

Cropley10
19-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Good move to desert that sinking ship now. The more money they throw at trying to win the premiership, the sadder the squalid enterprise becomes. Out of the top four this season, with a struggle to make top six.

Lets hope so :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
19-08-2009, 04:20 PM
He's going to Greggs?

I was in the one across from Newcastle Central Station today and can definitely recommend the sausage rolls.

:drool:

Dan Sarf
19-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Hanson tipped them to win the Premiership this year! Yeah right.

Hibtastic
19-08-2009, 04:26 PM
I hope not, Liverpool are my English side (and Wolves I suppose). It should be the American owners who are walking! :grr:

Hanny
19-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Betting suspended on Benitez to leave Liverpool (http://www.football-corner.org/2009/08/19/betting-suspended-on-benitez-to-leave-liverpool/)

:hmmm:

Hibbyradge
19-08-2009, 04:33 PM
I understand Csaba Laszlo has knocked them back. :agree:

Mag7
19-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Benitez is a sweaty wee scroat and one of football's sorest losers. Good riddance.

Baw187
19-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Despite Champions League win, I have thought for a long time that Benitez was tactically inept. Last season he seemed to change his approach slightly in terms of rotation and team set up, which paid dividends but I was at the Athletico game the other week and witnessed first hand how poor Liverpool look this season. Spurs game only confirmed that.

As a Liverpool fan (still 2nd to the mighty Hibees) I won't be too dissapointed to see him go. I can only pray we pull out the stops to get Mourinho in and get the Yanks out so some proper investment can be put in to the team.

Danderhall Hibs
19-08-2009, 04:45 PM
If he's being made to sign huddies like Kyriakos it's no wonder he wants to go!

Or

If he wants to sign huddies like Kyriakos it's no wonder the Board want him to go!

Richard Scott
19-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Can't see it.

Green_one
19-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Bottom line is that he is probably going because he is getting zip more transfer money (rumoured and part confirmed). He probably thought he would at least get what he sold. A fair reason for going or at least threatening to go. Rafa is great at threats and tantrums, so it might all be positioning.

Alternatively, he sees the writing on the wall and if Liverpool drop points against Stoke, he vamooses.

I do not like him but think he is a decent manager. Certainly better than those Liverpool have had recently. Most Pool fans would agree. I am sure SAF will be upset if he sees off Rafa. :rolleyes:

The suspended betting looks like Paddypower - lets face it not exactly the best source for any decision. Remember the Woods pay out debacle.

EskbankHibby
19-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Would be surprised at thjis as he spent a large part of the summer securing players on longer contracts (Torres, Agger, possibly Gerrard iirc), maybe something to do with lack of funds or selling Alonso?

lyonhibs
19-08-2009, 05:35 PM
A seriously bitter little man. Takes the injustices that football throws the way of EVERY football team like Amir Khan takes a decent punch to the chin - i.e. like a whinging pussy.

Last season was their best shot IMO. Kyriakos for a squad aspiring to win the Premiership????

Gies peace :faf::faf:

hibsdaft
19-08-2009, 06:04 PM
:blah::blah::blah::blah:

story confirmed as utter bollocks

A seriously bitter little man. Takes the injustices that football throws the way of EVERY football team like Amir Khan takes a decent punch to the chin - i.e. like a whinging pussy.

Last season was their best shot IMO. Kyriakos for a squad aspiring to win the Premiership????

Gies peace :faf::faf:

inane ***** bud what manager doesn't complain in the Premiership ? its par for the course

and amir khan a winging pussy? have you stood in a boxing ring before like? for the record the only time he's been knocked down he got straight back up within one second, hardly whinging or a pussy.

crossing dangerously close to internet hardman territory there tbh :yawn::wink:

Danderhall Hibs
19-08-2009, 06:11 PM
and amir khan a winging pussy? have you stood in a boxing ring before like? for the record the only time he's been knocked down he got straight back up within one second, hardly whinging or a pussy.

He's been knocked down more than once mate. And it looks like longer than 1 second (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm0QN1RYm5Y)...

Caversham Green
19-08-2009, 06:28 PM
I understand Csaba Laszlo has knocked them back. :agree:

He's still talking - they're not sure whether he's accepted or not.

heretoday
19-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Being an Everton watcher I hold no affection for the Reds but I can't think Rafa would walk just yet. They should have got a draw on Sunday. Davie Moyes has more reason to flounce out in a mood!

I doubt they'd get Mourinho anyway. More likely to be M.O'Neill.

jgl07
19-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Being an Everton watcher I hold no affection for the Reds but I can't think Rafa would walk just yet. They should have got a draw on Sunday. Davie Moyes has more reason to flounce out in a mood!

I doubt they'd get Mourinho anyway. More likely to be M.O'Neill.
Martin or Michael?

Scouse Hibee
20-08-2009, 08:21 AM

:faf: :faf::faf::faf: We'll see :bye:

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2009, 08:27 AM
[/B]

:faf: :faf::faf::faf: We'll see :bye:

It all rests on the fitness of Torres and Gerrard (especially Gerrard). Without one or both of them Liverpool are a pretty ordinary side TBH. There doesn’t appear to be any great depth in their squad (Spurs’ bench looked more impressive last weekend) and chasing players like Kryiakos doesn’t say much about the quality either.

khib70
20-08-2009, 08:31 AM
:blah::blah::blah::blah:

story confirmed as utter bollocks

inane ***** bud what manager doesn't complain in the Premiership ? its par for the course

:kettle:

Scouse Hibee
20-08-2009, 08:58 AM
It all rests on the fitness of Torres and Gerrard (especially Gerrard). Without one or both of them Liverpool are a pretty ordinary side TBH. There doesn’t appear to be any great depth in their squad (Spurs’ bench looked more impressive last weekend) and chasing players like Kryiakos doesn’t say much about the quality either.

I see what you're saying however take two of the best players out of any team and they will struggle. The squad depth is similar to last year and it looks like Rafa wants a similar Hypia type back up centre half as cover hence the Kryiakos move. All things considered a tremendous attempt last season which would have won the league in the four previous seasons.
So IMO Liverpool will still challenge and the top four will not change.
It's a marathon not a sprint look at Villa last season and many others before them.

Hibbyradge
20-08-2009, 09:07 AM
He's still talking - they're not sure whether he's accepted or not.

It seems thay got bored and begged Rafa to stay. :agree:

Steve-O
20-08-2009, 09:54 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8211133.stm

Transfer coup of the season confirmed! :faf::faf::faf: