PDA

View Full Version : NHC 96 not enough

Captain Trips
19-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Rather sick/intersting story about a football shirt with a slogan on it, I think the person from Liverpool is harsh on the staff at Sports direct, has she seen them? they barley know what day it is never mind Hillsborough. How can somebody buy that then have bottle to wear it?

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/breaking-news/2009/08/19/sports-direct-apologise-over-hillsborough-insult-72703-24480996/

MacBean
19-08-2009, 04:00 PM
quite simply sickening!

DaveF
19-08-2009, 04:02 PM
I suspect the member of staff who printed it, probably wasn't born 20 years ago.

It's a sensitive issue, but the Liverpool spokesman is going way over the top.

You wonder about the ****bag who wanted it printed in the first place though :bitchy:

Ritchie
19-08-2009, 04:03 PM
absolute ****bag.

hope he gets done in whilst wearing it. :agree:

Captain Trips
19-08-2009, 04:05 PM
absolute ****bag.

hope he gets done in whilst wearing it. :agree:

I mean if you wore that to a match I am sure some fans wouldnt care but your in danger, big danger of a kicking from your own support never mind Liverpools fans.

Ritchie
19-08-2009, 04:08 PM
I mean if you wore that to a match I am sure some fans wouldnt care but your in danger, big danger of a kicking from your own support never mind Liverpools fans.

i would hope so....

hopefully he'd get reported to the police and then given a life time ban

Hibbyradge
19-08-2009, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't have known what it meant either, tbh, and it's the first time I've seen the initials YSB.

I would probably have thought it was something to do with Man U directly, rather than an insult to Liverpool fans.

Captain Trips
19-08-2009, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE=Hibbyradge®;2136220]I wouldn't have known what it meant either, tbh, and it's the first time I've seen the initials YSB.

I would probably have thought it was something to do with Man U directly, rather than an insult to Liverpool fans

Its obvious when your told I guess but I would have thought it was Man Utd directly too.

McHibby
19-08-2009, 04:13 PM
I suspect the member of staff who printed it, probably wasn't born 20 years ago.

It's a sensitive issue, but the Liverpool spokesman is going way over the top.

You wonder about the ****bag who wanted it printed in the first place though :bitchy:

Totally, I am 28 and I can't remember it happening. Obviously I know now, but I don't think I would put have two and two together if I'd been asked to print that on a football shirt.

LancsHibs
19-08-2009, 04:14 PM
I do not condone the actions of the person that had this shirt made up but the staff in the sports shop can't be blamed, most of the people working in these shops aren't much more than kids and must get asked to print all sorts of oddball slogans on the backs of football shirts. I for one when I saw the title of this thread did not instantly recognise it as a reference to the Hillsborough disaster, I certainly didn't know what 'YSB' was supposed to mean!!! I assume this sports shop was not in Liverpool?

Woody1985
19-08-2009, 04:18 PM
I wouldn't have known what it meant either, tbh, and it's the first time I've seen the initials YSB.

I would probably have thought it was something to do with Man U directly, rather than an insult to Liverpool fans.

:agree:

Killiehibbie
19-08-2009, 04:26 PM
YSB sounds like a gang from Salford.

Danderhall Hibs
19-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Horrible thing to get printed on a shirt.

I think the woman quoted is OTT though - why would someone printing a shirt automatically know what it's supposed to mean. Her world was obviously ruined because off it but that doesn't mean it's the 1st thing on everyone else's mind.

ScottB
19-08-2009, 04:28 PM
The only person at fault here is the moron who wanted the shirt, as others have said the guy who printed it presumably had no idea what was going on and had probably printed up god knows how many other shirts that day.

I'm sure plenty folk know who the boy is before his facebook got pulled, hopefully he gets what he deserves.

We all dislike the rivals of our teams, but the folk who take it too far, way beyond the banter we all enjoy need to be removed from the game.

hibsdaft
19-08-2009, 04:29 PM
thing is, Hillsborough is a much bigger thing in the NW of England than it is up here. quite possible that the staff didn't know what they'd done though i agree. the campaign member is likely to have lost family at Hillsborough so understandable if the response is maybe a bit harsh imo

O'Rourke3
19-08-2009, 04:30 PM
****my thing to do. However I doubt I would have made the connection myself.

YSB? Didn't know but I still don't know what LTYF stands for either.

Hibbyradge
19-08-2009, 04:37 PM

Don't concern yourself with those matters.

Just don't go putting it on the back of your T-shirt! :wink:

hibbybrian
19-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Horrible thing to get printed on a shirt.

I think the woman quoted is OTT though - why would someone printing a shirt automatically know what it's supposed to mean. Her world was obviously ruined because off it but that doesn't mean it's the 1st thing on everyone else's mind.

:agree: however nobody has so far mentioned the irony of the apology being printed in the sun :rolleyes:

Rory89
19-08-2009, 05:33 PM
For **** sake, it's hardly the person who printed the strip's fault is it, do these Hillsborough people expect everyone to know all about it no matter who they are, 20 years on?

It's a stupid shirt but the person in the article comes across as a typical Scouse whinger, hellbent on blaming everyone.

chorley_fm
19-08-2009, 05:34 PM

Don't concern yourself with those matters.

Just don't go putting it on the back of your T-shirt! :wink:

Good advice, dont put it on the back, put it on the front, wear it with pride !

LancsHibs
19-08-2009, 05:35 PM
:agree: however nobody has so far mentioned the irony of the apology being printed in the sun :rolleyes:

The SundaySun I dont think has anything to do with the Sun or the Murdock empire, a North East regional paper, I think?!

jgl07
19-08-2009, 06:05 PM
It was the Sunday Sun. That is nothing to do with the Sun or with Murdoch. Their Sunday title is the News of the World.

The Sunday Sun is a North East regional paper

Woody1985
19-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Good advice, dont put it on the back, put it on the front, wear it with pride !

Is all the blood in that woman's body in her head when that picture was taken? She looks freaky. :LOL:

jgl07
19-08-2009, 06:35 PM
quite simply sickening!
I wonder what would be the attitude of United supporters if someone was wearing a Liverpool shirt with 58 and 'Munich Ha ha ha' on it?

Austinho
19-08-2009, 11:43 PM
I wonder what would be the attitude of United supporters if someone was wearing a Liverpool shirt with 58 and 'Munich Ha ha ha' on it?It doesn't take much effort to find videos on You Tube of Liverpool fans mocking that disaster either — which his horrifically ironic really.

Petty point scoring and very poor banter from both sides.

basehibby
20-08-2009, 09:13 AM
The pondlife that ordered that shirt ought to be sat upon by a bunch of Sumo wrestlers to see if he thinks it's still funny.

The Liverpool spokesperson has gone way over the top blaming the store though - I'd have had no idea what it meant if I wasn't told. Doesn't make it any less disgusting though - shame on the **** bag :jamboak:

Steve-O
20-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Had I really thought about it, I probably would've worked it out, but it's fair to say the shop worker is probably a fair bit younger, and there's no guarantee the person is even a big football fan who knows much about the event.

Antifa Hibs
20-08-2009, 09:51 AM
In no way can you blame the person who printed it. I'd have sussed it right away, but the chances are, it was probably a student who knows hee-haw about football just working there to earn some cash during the summer. Remember it is a sports shop, not strictly a fitbaw shop.

And regarding what he got done, this won't be big news to man utd or liverpool. they are constantly scoring points by mocking the disasters. Liverpool fans chanting that 'who's that dyeing on the runway, who's that dying in the snow' chant while doing aeroplane actions springs to mind....