PDA

View Full Version : Yams Dinamo Zagreb

Sauzee 62
19-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Just having a look on fifa.com at the Croatian League. Dinamo Zagreb have played four games so far, won all four, scored TWENTY ONE goals and conceded just three!! (7-1, 4-0, 5-2, 5-0 wins)

Yams have absolutely nae chance!! :bye:

Hibbyradge
19-08-2009, 03:00 PM
My word, that really is impressive.

What are the odds for tomorrow's game and on them qualifying?

--------
19-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Just having a look on fifa.com at the Croatian League. Dinamo Zagreb have played four games so far, won all four, scored TWENTY ONE goals and conceded just three!! (7-1, 4-0, 5-2, 5-0 wins)

Maybe.

But they have a secret weapon - Nade.

He waddles on, the Dinamo players all die laughing, Yams are awarded the tie. :devil:

Jonnyboy
19-08-2009, 03:06 PM

Poor old Hearts. Haunted by the figure 7 and even Zagreb are rubbing their noses in it

Zagreb play in Croatia (7 letters)
21 goals scored (3x7 =21)
Win 7-1
Win 4-0 and 5-0 with both figures being pretty close to 7 :wink:
Win 5-2 (5+2 = 7)

It must really test the hearts and souls of their visitors :greengrin

Sergey
19-08-2009, 03:11 PM
My word, that really is impressive.

What are the odds for tomorrow's game and on them qualifying?

Zagreb are best priced at 4/7 to win tomorrow. They're priced at 6/4 to win to nil. That could be the bet.

Big Zal the Thug is playing and could easily concede a penalty if the ref knows what's right and fair :agree:

Caversham Green
19-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Poor old Hearts. Haunted by the figure 7 and even Zagreb are rubbing their noses in it

Win 7-1
Win 5-2 (5+2 = 7)

Impressive numbers work there Jonny, ever thought of becoming an accountant? :wink:

Leithenhibby
19-08-2009, 03:14 PM
I was just saying to my big son that I'm looking forward to watching the game....should be a few goals he said.....there could be plenty now :agree:

not seen any odds yet but I'm sure you can name your price for the yams :greengrin those poor guys are going to get their ar$e well and truly spanked me thinks...DZ will want this tie over asap :agree:

Jonnyboy
19-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Impressive numbers work there Jonny, ever thought of becoming an accountant? :wink:

Crossed my mind :greengrin

Incidentally, Hearts' half a captain .... Michael Stewart just happens to have 7 letters in each of his names :greengrin

--------
19-08-2009, 03:16 PM
They've been Croatian league Champions the last 4 seasons, and won the Croatian FA Cup the last 3 years.

However, they went out of the UEFA Cup last year at the group stage, beating NEC Nijmegen, but losing to Spurs, Udinese, and Spartak Moscow.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-08-2009, 03:21 PM
There are seven zeros at the end of the big number [5] in Hearts estimated debt.

Hibbyradge
19-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Hearts will receive 7 bookings on Thursday night. :agree:

luxjock
19-08-2009, 03:31 PM
I just got back from holiday in Croatia, their fans are mental!

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1139/croatia/2009/01/29/1084011/dinamo-zagreb-to-contest-next-uefa-club-match-behind-closed

MSK
19-08-2009, 03:36 PM
I just got back from holiday in Croatia, their fans are mental!

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1139/croatia/2009/01/29/1084011/dinamo-zagreb-to-contest-next-uefa-club-match-behind-closedUdinese’s UEFA Cup fixture with Dinamo Zagreb in December was temporarily suspended due to the away support throwing flares onto the field of play.

Better have a 70" waist tae fit Nade's massive erse then !!! :greengrin

CentreLine
19-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Now stop it, we are just jealous because we are not in Europe this year. Stop being childish the lot of you!!!

P.S. How many letters are in the word “jealous”?

TrinityHibs
19-08-2009, 03:39 PM

Win 7-1
Win 5-2 (5+2 = 7)

Your analysis was sound until you got to the bit in bold. While you are correct 4 and 5 are pretty close to 7 what might be considered to be the most important part of both results is the big 0 which is nothng which in turn is nada. Nada is very close to Nade and the definitions I got for nada from an on line dictionary were "A quantity of no importance" and "it looked like nothing I had ever seen before"

7 is a very important number but our friends in the west are bringing forward 0 as a challenger. Hertznada as they are looking to be re-named give us Hertz a quantity of no importance:agree: Nade on the other hand just looks like nothing I have ever seen before

The best bit is 0-7 has both numbers.:thumbsup:

Jack
19-08-2009, 03:48 PM
77 - 0 then :greengrin

I reckon they should play Nade in defence – by the time DZ run round him they’ll be puggled! Or maybe as a goal filler as opposed to a goal keeper.

Killiehibbie
19-08-2009, 03:52 PM

Is there any chance of hearts scoring 21 goals this season?

MacBean
19-08-2009, 03:52 PM

aye but hearts have Nade :wink:

:faf::faf::faf:

KeithTheHibby
19-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Anyone know what the odds are on DZ winning the tie by 3 clear goals?

Zagreb are a class above the yam plums, I fear and hope for a massacre.:thumbsup:

Killiehibbie
19-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Anyone know what the odds are on DZ winning the tie by 3 clear goals?

Zagreb are a class above the yam plums, I fear and hope for a massacre.:thumbsup:
Only 2 bookies priced up -2 15/4 with Sportingbet 7/2 with Paddy Power.

weecounty hibby
19-08-2009, 10:12 PM

Win 7-1
Win 5-2 (5+2 = 7)

Do you help with the HOMFC accounts by any chance?

CyberSauzee
19-08-2009, 10:41 PM
77 - 0 then :greengrin

I reckon they should play Nade in defence – by the time DZ run round him they’ll be puggled! Or maybe as a goal filler as opposed to a goal keeper.

Maybe Pedro Morales to score first? He wears number 77 for Dinamo. Scored 4 of their 21 league goals this season. Laddies go 14/1, everywhere else between 5-7/1.

Dinamo @ 1.53 with the Tote. Very tempting.

erin go bragh
20-08-2009, 07:56 AM

yes they will get humped. zagreb are 6/4 to win ht ft. will be having some of that plus a fiver on 5 nil :bye:

Sudds_1
20-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Crossed my mind :greengrin

Incidentally, Hearts' half a captain .... Michael Stewart just happens to have 7 letters in each of his names :greengrin

let me see.......

a**hole = 7 letters
b*****d = 7 letters
nobhead =7 letters
traitor =7 letters
captain useless 14 letters /2 =7 each

you're right Jonny! spooky :wink:

sam armstrong
20-08-2009, 08:19 AM
They've been Croatian league Champions the last 4 seasons, and won the Croatian FA Cup the last 3 years.

However, they went out of the UEFA Cup last year at the group stage, beating NEC Nijmegen, but losing to Spurs, Udinese, and Spartak Moscow.

Words of caution. Zagred drew 0-0 at home to Linfield before beating them 2-0 in Ireland. Their record in Europe is not too great recently. Hearts will defend on depth tonight and may be hard to break down. I think the second leg will be more difficult as they will have to open out a bit. As long as they don't get through, that would be hard to swallow.

Hibercelona
20-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Only 2 bookies priced up -2 15/4 with Sportingbet 7/2 with Paddy Power.

Bet365 50/1 5-0, seems like a fair bet :greengrin

Sergey
20-08-2009, 09:14 AM
The Yams have drifted in the betting for tonight's match. You've guessed it. They're now available at 7/1 :agree:

--------
20-08-2009, 09:23 AM
let me see.......

a**hole = 7 letters
b*****d = 7 letters
nobhead =7 letters
traitor =7 letters
captain useless 14 letters /2 =7 each

you're right Jonny! spooky :wink:

Surprised no one's picked it up - the BIGGEST NAME OF ALL.

R-O-M-A-N-O-V ... SEVEN LETTERS.

They're doomed! DOOOOOMED I tell ye! DOOOOOMED! :devil:

Bohemian_Hibee
20-08-2009, 10:02 AM
To put a few things into context...

Some here seem to think that the Croatian league is La Liga or the EPL, it isn't. We (Bohs) came within 3 agonising minutes of knocking out Red Bull Salzburg who consequently knocked out Dinamo Zagreb. So, I would put ourselves (Bohs) on a par with Dinamo Zagreb. Now, I have no doubt that Bohs would beat any SPL (non OF) side, but I think tonights game will be closer that some think/hope.

--------
20-08-2009, 10:11 AM

Some here seem to think that the Croatian league is La Liga or the EPL, it isn't. We (Bohs) came within 3 agonising minutes of knocking out Red Bull Salzburg who consequently knocked out Dinamo Zagreb. So, I would put ourselves (Bohs) on a par with Dinamo Zagreb. Now, I have no doubt that Bohs would beat any SPL (non OF) side, but I think tonights game will be closer that some think/hope.

Joking aside - you're right. :agree:

Betty Boop
20-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Shabby is complaining about the pitch.
http://sport.stv.tv/football/117322-laszlo-dinamo-zagreb-pitch-isnt-safe/n

Bohemian_Hibee
20-08-2009, 10:21 AM

Who's joking?

Andy74
20-08-2009, 10:22 AM

Really?? :rolleyes:

Bohemian_Hibee
20-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Really?? :rolleyes:

Yes, without doubt

Hibbyradge
20-08-2009, 10:31 AM

He's right about Zagreb not being the world beaters most would like.

They only have a couple of players on the fringes of the current Croatian full national team, one has 8 caps for Chile and one player has a solitary cap for Cameroon.

Loads of them have under 19/21 experience, but given that Zagreb are Croatia's strongest team by a country mile, that's not really significant.

In their favour, however, is that they're at home, they can score goals and they've had a cracking start to the season.

Hearts on the other hand, aren't scoring many goals, they lost on Monday and have had to travel for a game only 3 days after that defeat.

Having said that, from what I saw of Monday night's game, Hearts put up a good fight and Shabby will have them well drilled and organised as usual.

I'd also be surprised if Hearts lost 3 games in a week and, as I'm sure the Huns will do them on Sunday, I now favour 0 - 0.

Jack
20-08-2009, 11:17 AM
He's right about Zagreb not being the world beaters most would like.

They only have a couple of players on the fringes of the current Croatian full national team, one has 8 caps for Chile and one player has a solitary cap for Cameroon.

Loads of them have under 19/21 experience, but given that Zagreb are Croatia's strongest team by a country mile, that's not really significant.

In their favour, however, is that they're at home, they can score goals and they've had a cracking start to the season.

Hearts on the other hand, aren't scoring many goals, they lost on Monday and have had to travel for a game only 3 days after that defeat.

Having said that, from what I saw of Monday night's game, Hearts put up a good fight and Shabby will have them well drilled and organised as usual.

I'd also be surprised if Hearts lost 3 games in a week and, as I'm sure the Huns will do them on Sunday, I now favour 0 - 0.

Since we beat them in March they've only won twice!

p=sh
20-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Since we beat them in March they've only won twice!

And since we beat them in May they've only won once!

Andy74
20-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Yes, without doubt

Hibs beat Celtic and then Celtic beat Man U not long ago. Are Hibs therefore better than Man U?

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Hibs beat Celtic and then Celtic beat Man U not long ago. Are Hibs therefore better than Man U?

Quite probably at the moment.

Bohemian_Hibee
20-08-2009, 01:20 PM

Lets try to keep it to this season/year, eh?

You only have to look at the SPL teams results in Europe this season (0-6, 1-8 etc) to see how poor the standard of scottish football is currently at.

I love Hibs and Scottish football, but anyone who thinks otherwise has their heads firmly in the sand. The above results were the type of scores for League of Ireland sides TEN years ago.

Meanwhile, Bohs, Pats, Derry etc have shown that they can at least compete at a higher level in Europe.

I am of course talking SPL without the two ugly sisters.

Jonnyboy
20-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Do you help with the HOMFC accounts by any chance?

Nope but I taught the 'tache all he knows :greengrin

heretoday
20-08-2009, 03:26 PM
In a sense I hope Hearts get a bit of a result tonight so that all is set up for a Tynecastle floodlit cracker...............there's nothing sweeter than seeing their big, pie-faced balloon burst by quicker, cleverer teams at Tynie!

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Lets try to keep it to this season/year, eh?

You only have to look at the SPL teams results in Europe this season (0-6, 1-8 etc) to see how poor the standard of scottish football is currently at.

I love Hibs and Scottish football, but anyone who thinks otherwise has their heads firmly in the sand. The above results were the type of scores for League of Ireland sides TEN years ago.

Meanwhile, Bohs, Pats, Derry etc have shown that they can at least compete at a higher level in Europe.

I am of course talking SPL without the two ugly sisters.

Obviously a wind-up. Scottish football is admittedly pretty dire, but the Eircom is far, far worse. Performance in Europe is a poor measurement of the respective leagues; everyone knows the Eircom teams get a massive fitness advantage from playing a summer season. Yes, Boh's were unlucky against Salzburg, but if they played them even now, Salzburg would win with goals to spare.

As a recent example, the Hibs who lost in Dublin to Shamrock Rovers reserves/trialists and the team of 10 days later which had two comfortable draws away to EPL opposition were the same players, yet a million miles from each in terms of fitness and match sharpness.

It makes a huge, huge difference.

That's why we want to finish third, it's recognised getting into Europe in the 4th or 5th slots during preseason is a lottery at best and a poisoned chalice at worse. Bad as Scottish Football at least Dons/Yams have made the group stages in the UEFA Cup in the last five years - no Eircom team has come close, even with the summer football advantage.

Boh's have also gone down the Shels route (or Livvy/Yams/Gretna) of spending money they don't have and ruining the club in the process. Pat Fenlon must be such a smooth talker because he's now wrecked two Eircom clubs by conning them into financing his Eircom-Select-in-the-CL fantasy.