19-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Can anyone confirm if Boozy is back?

Speedway
19-08-2009, 01:51 PM

Why do you ask?

fast_eddie
19-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Heard a rumour he had accepted a contract from us, I know there are some guys on here with good insider info and wondered if it was true.

I'm a big fan of Boozy, I think we're crying out for someone to control play. Think he would do a great job beside McBride, who had a pretty good debut. Boozie's quick thinking and passing was one of the factors responsible for Deek getting 20 goals- he understood that he needed the ball early and in front of him. That first time clip over the fullback looked so simple, but no one else seemed to be able to do it.

I, for one, sincerely hopes he comes back.

RickyS
19-08-2009, 02:04 PM

have you heard a rumour? keepin everything crossed

M8UDB
19-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Would like to see him back but to be honest there are other positions i would look at before another midfielder, i think McBride does the Boozy roll well. Not heard anything tho.

PotsyHibee
19-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Would like to see him back but to be honest there are other positions i would look at before another midfielder, i think McBride does the Boozy roll well. Not heard anything tho.

I agree, don't think midfield will be a priority and Boozy would command a big wage that would be better spent elsewhere. Great player for us first time around but think we should move on.

forthhibby
19-08-2009, 02:30 PM
i suspect with celtic imminent exit from the champions league, boozy maybe the type of player now in mowbray's price range at darkheid

Danderhall Hibs
19-08-2009, 02:42 PM
I agree, don't think midfield will be a priority and Boozy would command a big wage that would be better spent elsewhere. Great player for us first time around but think we should move on.

Only if there’s demand for him At the moment he’s on £0per week. I think we could better that.

Love the Green
19-08-2009, 02:42 PM

Disagree with McBride doing the Boozy role well.....he does the McBride role very well and has been a good signing but he does not appear to have the clinical passing vision of boozy......bring in boozy and ditch Rankin.....team improved 20% right away..

"keep the faith":wink:

PotsyHibee
19-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Disagree with McBride doing the Boozy role well.....he does the McBride role very well and has been a good signing but he does not appear to have the clinical passing vision of boozy......bring in boozy and ditch Rankin.....team improved 20% right away..

Rankin and Boozy play in different positions though...Rankin looks like he'll be first choice on the left of Midfield and boozy is a sitting midfielder. Who's playing left Mid in your team?

Love the Green
19-08-2009, 02:58 PM
:wink:
Rankin and Boozy play in different positions though...Rankin looks like he'll be first choice on the left of Midfield and boozy is a sitting midfielder. Who's playing left Mid in your team?

Strange that as every time hanlon got the ball nobopdy was ahead of him on the left side...rankin did make a few runs into that area when hanlon has possession but no way can you say he was left midfield..we as usual play too narrow with on ypung w/spoon giving any width..

McIntosh
19-08-2009, 03:09 PM
I believe that he has been offered a contract but this does not mean that he will accept or is not in negotiation with other parties. Sadly, that is very much an aspect of the modern game.

aberhibsfc
19-08-2009, 03:54 PM
C'mon Boozy, you know it makes sense.

LancsHibs
19-08-2009, 04:19 PM
I believe that he has been offered a contract but this does not mean that he will accept or is not in negotiation with other parties. Sadly, that is very much an aspect of the modern game.

Any update on the Arsenal link?

Hibbyradge
19-08-2009, 04:22 PM

I don't think Arsenal want him.

Cropley10
19-08-2009, 04:24 PM

I'm one of Boozy's biggest fans but the bit in bold is a bit OTT. I thought McBride had an excellent game on Saturday, passed the ball very, very well and had a fine shot tipped over too.

As for Rankin, I'm not his biggest fan - but he was directly involved in both our goals...

If Boozy wants to take our offer, fine - he can play in a couple of positions for us - but re-signing him isn't a priority IMHO.

PISTOL1875
19-08-2009, 04:41 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

McIntosh
19-08-2009, 04:49 PM

Bad news on one of the targets Havard Nordtveit a centre-half went on loan to the Bundesliga side FC Nurnberg. By all account John Hughes has an excellent relationship with Arsene Wenger. The choice went down to the player and he elected to go to Germany.

However, there is more promising news in relation to players being loaned. I am led to believe that Arsenal are keen to get their young players experience in a competitive league. Regardless if people in Scotland think the league is competitive the games are. The player they wish to come to Hibs is Luke Ayling but the hesistency is on the part of Hibs or good friend Speedway may have more up todate information in respect to this individual.

Hibs90
19-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Bamba is going to Arsenal for 500k. Hibs aren't getting anyone on loan from Arsenal in return.

Bamba will be loaned to Watford.

LancsHibs
19-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Bamba is going to Arsenal for 500k. Hibs aren't getting anyone on loan from Arsenal in return.

This for real :confused::boo hoo::bitchy:
How you know?

sahib
19-08-2009, 05:00 PM

Losing Jones is bad enough but losing his replacement in quick succession is bad planning. ( of course he was, before you start)

GlesgaeHibby
19-08-2009, 05:04 PM

:faf: No chance Petrie would :faf:be daft enough to let that happen just now. He's got two years on his contract, he's stated he's happy at Hibs and is happy to be playing at CB.

Given that Hughes spent all pre season working out who best to replace Jones in the squad and has given that task to Bamba there's no way he'll let him be sold now.

Hibbyradge
19-08-2009, 05:07 PM
:faf: No chance Petrie would :faf:be daft enough to let that happen just now. He's got two years on his contract, he's stated he's happy at Hibs and is happy to be playing at CB.

Given that Hughes spent all pre season working out who best to replace Jones in the squad and has given that task to Bamba there's no way he'll let him be sold now.

I wouldn't be so sure.

But it will be for more than £500k.

McIntosh
19-08-2009, 05:07 PM

Well, Brendan Rodgers isn't at Watford anymore so Malky McKay make take him if a transfer occurred, but the word here is if. Bamba has had two trials in the championship, the last ended on the 22nd of July last year and this was at Watford, this is where this may originate. It was the latter trial that prompted Mixu to purchase the player.

In respect to the Arsenal players there has been enquires and discussions.

McIntosh
19-08-2009, 05:08 PM

Correct ....bottom line

YehButNoBut
19-08-2009, 05:10 PM

Really cannot believe this, Bamba is a good player but not near the class of player Arsenal will be looking to sign.

woodyhfc4892
19-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Really cannot believe this, Bamba is a good player but not near the class of player Arsenal will be looking to sign.

Thats exactly my thinking aswell, Bamba's good for Hibs but no way is he good enough for Arsenal, IMO anyway :confused:

lyonhibs
19-08-2009, 05:29 PM
......... in black???

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/images/0708/hibernian.jpg

:boo hoo: :boo hoo: cannot see it to be honest, though he COULD be the player we're crying out for, as the more Hibs games I watch the more my desire to see a new CB wanes compared with my desire to see someone who can play a penetrating pass and generally inject a bit of spark into out midfield play.

LancsHibs
19-08-2009, 05:42 PM
......... in black???

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/images/0708/hibernian.jpg

:boo hoo: :boo hoo: cannot see it to be honest, though he COULD be the player we're crying out for, as the more Hibs games I watch the more my desire to see a new CB wanes compared with my desire to see someone who can play a penetrating pass and generally inject a bit of spark into out midfield play.

Agree, Bamba is the man, a goliath at CB, we have plenty of firepower/options up front, playmakers are what we need!:agree:

Hibs90
19-08-2009, 06:33 PM
How you know?

Danderhall Hibs
19-08-2009, 06:37 PM
How you know?

It's possible he got this from the same person that told him that Riordan was with the 1st team squad prior to the Blackburn game.

Or it might be the same person that told him Zemamma was fit for Saturday? :dunno:

:greengrin

McIntosh
19-08-2009, 07:33 PM

I hope you don't get you lottery numbers from them.

Hibbyradge
19-08-2009, 07:38 PM
It's possible he got this from the same person that told him that Riordan was with the 1st team squad prior to the Blackburn game.

Or it might be the same person that told him Zemamma was fit for Saturday? :dunno:

:greengrin

Same bloke. :agree:

LancsHibs
19-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Same bloke. :agree:

Thank **** for that then!:grr:

JimBHibees
19-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Wouldnt rule it out Bamba seemed to indicate in his lap dancer story that he was considering his career as he has a daughter in Paris. Maybe a move to London would suit. It would be ironic as thought he was magnificent on Saturday and only going to get better.

Here is a link to Luke Ayling. Young Arsenal centre half.

http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players/luke-ayling

Pedantic_Hibee
19-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Can I just say that I weally, weally, weally, weally, weally want Anthony Stokes.

Pleassssssssssssssssssssse!!!!!!!!!! :boo hoo:

RIP
19-08-2009, 09:49 PM

I think if Bamba goes Hughes will walk. As will a large number of Hibs fans

We won't tolerate this

weecounty hibby
19-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Can't really understand the clamour to have Boozy back. He was a good player first time round but remember he did have good players alongside him, I don't think he would do the same job now. I also can't understand the Stokes thing, his scoring record since leaving Falkirk makes Nade look like Gary Lineker.

Iain G
19-08-2009, 09:55 PM

We won't tolerate this

:faf: Funniest thing I've read in ages :top marks :faf::faf::thumbsup:

Torto
20-08-2009, 09:42 AM

Boozy is still training with Celtic reserves at the moment although he is out with an ankle problem.

Not sure if Celtic really want or if they are just giving him facilities

--------
20-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Can't really understand the clamour to have Boozy back. He was a good player first time round but remember he did have good players alongside him, I don't think he would do the same job now. I also can't understand the Stokes thing, his scoring record since leaving Falkirk makes Nade look like Gary Lineker.

Agree - and if Torto's right and Boozy's got an ankle injury training at Celtic, it looks as if we might simply pick up where we left off with him - will he turn out, and if he does, will he play or will he just occupy a shirt?

We have Nish, JJ, Benji, Deek and Kurtis all ready to play up front. We need to look at other areas of the team - back four and midfield, IMO, and quality rather then quantity, too.

scoopyboy
20-08-2009, 09:51 AM

We won't tolerate this

Aye, Hughes will walk from his front door to his car and a large number of Hibs fans will walk up to the turnstiles.

Hibbyradge
20-08-2009, 09:52 AM

We won't tolerate this

Have a wee look back at the threads from 2 - 3 weeks ago.

Bamba wasn't the answer at CH. He wasn't the answer at RB. And he was limited in midfield.

Jeez, a few folk still nthink cos we only paid £50k for him, and he came from Dunfermline, he's not "Hibs class".

Now, cos he played well against 10 man St Mirren, he's indespensible?

Nah. If he goes, and I believe he will, folk will moan and complain, but life will go on.

And Hughes won't say a word.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2009, 09:57 AM

Bamba wasn't the answer at CH. He wasn't the answer at RB. And he was limited in midfield.

Jeez, a few folk still nthink cos we only paid £50k for him, and he came from Dunfermline, he's not "Hibs class".

Nah. If he goes, and I believe he will, folk will moan and complain, but life will go on.

Bamba is a class act, he is certainly good enough for the EPL, and will leave hopefully not this window, but he will leave before his contract ends. We will make a big profit on him, again its how we use that profit that will determine how we progress after he's gone. I'm sure Yogi will use any money he gets more wisely than the last couple of managers.

smurf
20-08-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm sure Yogi will use any money he gets more wisely than the last couple of managers.

:agree:

Hibbyradge
20-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Bamba is a class act, he is certainly good enough for the EPL, and will leave hopefully not this window, but he will leave before his contract ends. We will make a big profit on him, again its how we use that profit that will determine how we progress after he's gone. I'm sure Yogi will use any money he gets more wisely than the last couple of managers.

Totally agree.

maturehibby
20-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Boozy is still training with Celtic reserves at the moment although he is out with an ankle problem.

Not sure if Celtic really want or if they are just giving him facilities
Surely if they wanted him he would have signed by now .
Mowbrey knows all about Boozy and obviously to me doesnt want him for the smellies oterwise he would already been away to them by now and I for one dont want him at ER as he is a luxury we cant /dont need

--------
20-08-2009, 10:10 AM

:agree: Yogi's taking a longer-term view of the situation, IMO.

Bamba played well against Saints, but he was riding his luck at times.

As you say - life WILL go on. :agree:

Andy74
20-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Surely if they wanted him he would have signed by now .
Mowbrey knows all about Boozy and obviously to me doesnt want him for the smellies oterwise he would already been away to them by now and I for one dont want him at ER as he is a luxury we cant /dont need

There's nothing luxurious about a player who can keep the ball and as well as playing simple passes can start attacks moving on either flanks or playing in strikers.

Boozy would be an excellent addition to the team and also played most of his career before us further up the park as a right midfielder.

I'd sooner have Boozy as an option than the likes of Stevenson. Rankin still hasn't convinced me he should play each week and we will undoubtedly have injuries and suspensions. There's not many players like him that we could afford and we should make every attempt to have him back.

We've got the midfield grafters, we've got the bit of flair in Zemmama in the final third, now we need the touch of class and the range of passing ability that Boozy has to make us less predictable with our passing moves.

RIP
20-08-2009, 10:18 AM

Have it your own way

Hibs.Net represent the hard core, the 'come rain come shine' brigade who follow the team regardless of the product on the park.

However I worry about the waverers, those who have not renewed yet. The continuous sale of our best assets is demoralising for some.

Tell me another football club in Britain who have seen their two previous managers walk away without a job to go to - both for the same reasons.

How many players will our board have to sell from John Hughes's squad before his patience starts to wear thin? Unlike Mixu or JC I don't think Yogi will be short of suitors.

I don't think we pulling the rug from under his feet this early in the season. I like everything about Yogi. Surely it's not too much to ask the board to hang on to this manager for more than a couple of seasons?

Jack
20-08-2009, 10:19 AM

I’m a great fan of Sols ever since he got sent off in his first game – Mixus fault you could see he was trying too hard, had been booked was still trying too hard it was only a matter of seconds before he was sent off. Everyone saw it but Mixu.

Anyway the big man has been playing superbly of late (I’ll not mention his wee blunder – oops too late I have) and I believe this season he is going to be immense. I wasn’t sure about him being at CH but he has said in the past its his favoured position and that’s where Yogi is playing him so I’ll bow to their superior knowledge.

With the World Cup coming up we would be very foolish to sell him now as his value will just grow and grow.

As for Boozy, while I’d like to be proved wrong, I think he’s very likely to play the same role as JJ if we sign him. :agree:

He’ll cost us a fair bob or two and we wont see an awful lot for it.

Which is a shame because the thought of them both playing at least reasonably well would be worth seeing.

Andy74
20-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Tell me another football club in Britain who have seen their two previous managers walk away without a job to go to - both for the same reasons.

Are you actually serious?

Both, in the end weren't up to it. JC had lost the dressing room, squandered a fortune then told a pack of lies about budgets when he didn't even get as far as sitting down with the board to talk about it.

Mixu also spent a fortune and I'd bet he was pushed. It was also the papers that mentioned cash being an issue, not Mixu.

I'm sure there are plenty of football clubs who's last two managers have been crap and have left as a result.

Speedway
20-08-2009, 10:46 AM

Both, in the end weren't up to it. JC had lost the dressing room, squandered a fortune then told a pack of lies about budgets when he didn't even get as far as sitting down with the board to talk about it.

Mixu also spent a fortune and I'd bet he was pushed. It was also the papers that mentioned cash being an issue, not Mixu.

I'm sure there are plenty of football clubs who's last two managers have been crap and have left as a result.

Mixu walking saved us sacking him and the compensation that would have been due to him in those circumstances.

IWasThere2016
20-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Mixu walking saved us sacking him and the compensation that would have been due to him in those circumstances.

We paid Mixu compensation.

Ray_
20-08-2009, 10:54 AM

I'm a bit confussed about the spending a fortune bit, both had to replace players that had been sold, with a fraction of the cost of what the club got for the outgoing players?

Speedway
20-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Nevermind, I'm being thick, I remember what happened now.

Winston Ingram
20-08-2009, 11:04 AM

Mixu was sacked

GoldenMeerkat
20-08-2009, 11:10 AM
If Bamba doesn't sign a contract extension on his previous 2 year contract, then it makes financial sense for Hibs to cash in on the player, sooner rather than later.

JCHibby
20-08-2009, 11:27 AM
So it looks like Bamba might be leaving, however is Boozy signing?

smurf
20-08-2009, 11:29 AM
I think nobody really knows anything with regards to departures and arrivals.

Except i fear that here's more priority on the former rather than the latter...

Iain G
20-08-2009, 11:45 AM

So Mixu didn't use his money wisely, yet one he did spend money on is a class act, well I hope Hughes uses any money he receives just as well as Mixu did here :greengrin :wink:

scoopyboy
20-08-2009, 11:56 AM
If Bamba doesn't sign a contract extension on his previous 2 year contract, then it makes financial sense for Hibs to cash in on the player, sooner rather than later.

it was a 3 year deal he signed.

khib70
20-08-2009, 12:00 PM
I think nobody really knows anything with regards to departures and arrivals.

Except i fear that here's more priority on the former rather than the latter...
:agree:Correct on both points. Expect about fifty more threads following the predictable someone in the know/sauce?/wink smiley path.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2009, 12:21 PM
So Mixu didn't use his money wisely, yet one he did spend money on is a class act, well I hope Hughes uses any money he receives just as well as Mixu did here :greengrin :wink:

He bought Bamba, and that was a fantastic piece of business. He also played him at right back, and if he kept playing him there, we would need to give teams money to take him off our hands.:wink:

RIP
20-08-2009, 02:09 PM

C'moff it Andy this is Hibs.Net - it's not life or death.

My posts are either

Intended to be funny and are (minority)
Intended to be funny and aren't (majority)
Poor attempts at wind-ups or
Complete fabrication

I have never written a serious post...but they are usually based on a grain of truth or sincerity

I leave the serious posts to you :devil:

--------
20-08-2009, 02:15 PM
C'moff it Andy this is Hibs.Net - it's not life or death.

My posts are either

Intended to be funny and are (minority)
Intended to be funny and aren't (majority)
Poor attempts at wind-ups or
Complete fabrication

I have never written a serious post...but they are usually based on a grain of truth or sincerity

I leave the serious posts to you :devil:

In other words, you're a pestilential trouble-maker. :devil:

hibsbollah
20-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Have it your own way

Hibs.Net represent the hard core, the 'come rain come shine' brigade who follow the team regardless of the product on the park.

However I worry about the waverers, those who have not renewed yet. The continuous sale of our best assets is demoralising for some.

:greengrinI take it you're being ironic? I never see the same kind of moaners, whingers, and general misery when I attend games at ER that is de rigeur on this site. Its almost as if no-one was getting their hole....