PDA

View Full Version : Egg chasers with eggy faces

khib70
19-08-2009, 08:33 AM
For years we've had to put up with egg chasing fans giving us the whole sanctimonious routine about how their game is an honourable pastime played by gentlemen. Not like our ruffianly game with it's cheating and feigned injuries.

Now we have England hero Dean Richards and the staff and players of Harlequins indulging in a major bit of cheating which goes way beyond anything I've ever heard of in football. Stashed away blood capsules, physios deliberately injuring a player to cover it up?

Off your high horse, cheps! Looks like your Corinthian image has gone for a burton. Still, there's always the repressed homosexuality and the getting in the bath together to look forward to, eh?

Danderhall Hibs
19-08-2009, 09:03 AM
For years we've had to put up with egg chasing fans giving us the whole sanctimonious routine about how their game is an honourable pastime played by gentlemen. Not like our ruffianly game with it's cheating and feigned injuries.

Now we have England hero Dean Richards and the staff and players of Harlequins indulging in a major bit of cheating which goes way beyond anything I've ever heard of in football. Stashed away blood capsules, physios deliberately injuring a player to cover it up?

Off your high horse, cheps! Looks like your Corinthian image has gone for a burton. Still, there's always the repressed homosexuality and the getting in the bath together to look forward to, eh?

I heard the guy behind it all is ex-soccer. No morals these soccer tyes.:agree:

BTW - it's soccer where the communal baths are famed.

JimBHibees
19-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Thought it was hysterical seeing footage of the Harlequins player who bit on the blood capsule. The blood looked ridiculous and like a kid at your door at Halloween. :greengrin

3 years ban for Richards seems harsh to me.

AndyP
19-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Here is the difference between rugby and football, rugby player found guilty of cheating gets an original 12 month ban, head coach banned and the doctor lucky not to have received a lengthy ban and been hauled up before the GMC. Clubs fine increased to 300,000 euros. The difference is simple, the punishment fits the crime perhaps if the various wendyball feds took a similar stance players like Drogba, Ronaldo and Madonna would have thought twice about their actions on the field

Need to add, Physio has also received a 2 year ban and there is a possibility that Quinns will be kicked out of all euro competitions for a minimum of 2 years (and thats a lot of wonga in rugby terms). Plus the ERC are trying to get all bans recognised as world wide, meaning no wages for those involved

hibsboy90
20-08-2009, 10:38 AM

Making a good point, until you spout the pish that everyone else comes out with. I agree that Richards and the team at Harlequins involved are a disgrace. This is the first time in Rugby that an issue like this has come about, yet we will see players feigning injury at every football match in Scotland this weekend.

Before you tell rugby to get off it's high horse for one incident that has been worlwide condemned, make sure that your own house is in order first.