PDA

View Full Version : Long short

Owain_1987
18-08-2009, 11:13 PM
I know it a long short but any Hibs fans who live or lived in Cardiff know a pub that will show the Hibs game on Saturday. That is in Cardiff not just any pub :greengrin

Removed
18-08-2009, 11:17 PM
I know it a long short but any Hibs fans who live or lived in Cardiff know a pub that will show the Hibs game on Saturday. That is in Cardiff not just any pub :greengrin

So now I know why :slipper: has been texting me about the Falkirk game :bitchy:

sambajustice
18-08-2009, 11:42 PM

Try O'Neills* - Irish Bar**! Its round the corner from the millenium stadium

*Not 100% sure its called O'Neills but I think it is. If you ask for the irish bar in the city centre you'll directed there.

**In no way am I suggesting that because its an Irish bar the Hibs game will be shown there. I mean its a disgusting thought to even connect our team to anything irish!

Oh oh oh, also, go to the Queens Vaults if you're in Cardiff for a bevvy session, you'll probably see a fair few Soul Crew and its a great bouncing bar!

monktonharp
18-08-2009, 11:47 PM
aye,it would be rather silly to try and connect Hibernian FC to anything remotely connected with "Irish" i suppose.:yawn:

Owain_1987
19-08-2009, 01:08 AM
Try O'Neills* - Irish Bar**! Its round the corner from the millenium stadium

*Not 100% sure its called O'Neills but I think it is. If you ask for the irish bar in the city centre you'll directed there.

**In no way am I suggesting that because its an Irish bar the Hibs game will be shown there. I mean its a disgusting thought to even connect our team to anything irish!

Oh oh oh, also, go to the Queens Vaults if you're in Cardiff for a bevvy session, you'll probably see a fair few Soul Crew and its a great bouncing bar!

Sounds interesting were in Cardiff is that? I know don't worry we are a Scottish club :greengrin My mates could not understand why all the Celtic fans were Irish the other week when they came to Cardiff I just said they are a very confused bunch. The pub your thinking of got a feeling is called Dempseys.

Owain_1987
19-08-2009, 01:09 AM
So now I know why :slipper: has been texting me about the Falkirk game :bitchy:

Am sorry hope he is behaving :hnet:

hibsboy90
19-08-2009, 01:19 AM
Am sorry hope he is behaving :hnet:

We all know what happens if he doesn't behave :wink::greengrin

Andy74
19-08-2009, 07:55 AM

A long short??

Danderhall Hibs
19-08-2009, 08:01 AM
A long short??

:tee hee:

hibbie02
19-08-2009, 08:42 AM
A long short??

Must be some sort of Cardiff casual fashion statement................:greengrin

scott7_0(Prague)
19-08-2009, 08:49 AM
A long short??

TrouserS?

swazzie
19-08-2009, 09:32 AM
The Walkabout at the top of St Mary Street is bound to be showing it as they have loads of screens. They were certainly showing SPL games at the same time as EPL games when I was there in May

Not sure if they do long shorts though :greengrin

IWasThere2016
19-08-2009, 09:34 AM
A long short??

Its the same as a wee big ask .. I think

Jonnyboy
19-08-2009, 10:36 AM
A long short??

Aye, like the ones Mickey Weir used to wear. His reached his shins :greengrin

Hibs7
19-08-2009, 10:41 AM
A long short ? is that the same as a short long ? :greengrin

sambajustice
19-08-2009, 10:50 AM
The pub your thinking of got a feeling is called Dempseys.

Spot on! It is Dempseys! Cheers!

aljo7-0
19-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Given that he is talking about a pub to watch the game in maybe "a long short" is a double and not a reference to the length of ones trousers. :dunno:

Hibster
19-08-2009, 12:07 PM

If you're wanting to purchase long shorts then, at least in my experience, I don't think a pub is what you need - I suggest you go to a clothes shop :agree:

Speedway
19-08-2009, 12:11 PM
A long short??

Cheers Andy, saved me the trouble.

hibbie02
19-08-2009, 02:34 PM
A long short ? is that the same as a short long ? :greengrin

No the long short (usually worn with crips creases front and back) is possibly a smart form of apparel featured by Dashing Bob in tropical climes (e.g. Bermuda), as opposed to short longs, which is what a Yam wears for a wedding. :jamboak: