PDA

View Full Version : Yams Share Transfers Agreed/Cooling off period

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Cheers poolman.

Interesting stuff. Mad how much things have changed in quite a short space of time.

Hatred kicked in after the Mercer takeover bid.

Dashing Bob S
22-06-2013, 11:52 AM
No. It's all just back channel press stuff.

On a side note, (dunno if this has been mentioned) the Hearts fans were saying that cash was preferred but that Credit Cards would still be accepted. It's now cash or cheque only, online and telephone sales have been completely suspended.

Up to a point yesterday you could actually see how many season tickets were being sold on their site via the seating chart. In the 2 hour window a colleague was monitoring it she estimates they sold ~20. That comes with the caveat that we've no idea how quickly it's updated after a sale.

Delighted to say that this should be updated almost instantly after the sale, as in a few minutes.

The 500 sales is nonsense; it's a figure Yam propagandists feel comfortable with as they know they sell that many, and possibly a little more, before their deadline.

Treadstone
22-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Delighted to say that this should be updated almost instantly after the sale, as in a few minutes.

The 500 sales is nonsense; it's a figure Yam propagandists feel comfortable with as they know they sell that many, and possibly a little more, before their deadline.

Bob, outside of the financial gurus on this thread you are easily my favourite poster (honorable mention to Bajillions) your ability to jump on the slightest bit of Yammery and slice it to ribbons is thoroughly entertaining.

Some of your posts the last couple of days have given me a right chortle. As the shenanigans seem to continue for a couple of months(?) I look forward to future offerings.

Keep it up. On the phone so can't put in a relevant emoticon.

jonty
22-06-2013, 12:12 PM
They've made a rod for their own back. If they don't continue the high sales figure, they're implying the fans don't give a ****. If they do, they'll hit '3000' in no time, and the fans wont purchase as its job done.

Well played BDO.

GodisaHibee
22-06-2013, 12:13 PM
The VERY best outcome for them is that they come out of administration with a viable backer and retain Tynecastle, right?

But wait a minute, unless its a white knight with oodles of cash and willing to go ahead without looking for a return for the foreseeable future, they are going to have to cut their cloth.

In this instance, FACT is, they are exactly 23 years behind us. We have a new stadium, we have our own training ground and we have a manageable debt. 23 years it took us ladies!

Fact is, 23 years boys and girls is a LONG time. We were there (well almost) and have had to swallow their bile for 23 years when they patently couldn't afford what they were doing.

I actually DO hope the best case scenario for them happens, I want to see their faces when we absolutely PUMP them when they, at long, long last have to play by the rules.

greenginger
22-06-2013, 12:18 PM
I just came round by Mcleod Street. No problem parking , so I stopped off and took a wonder into their ticket office/shop.

Queue of about 20 with 2 of a staff serving at the windows. I pretended to be sizing up a Yam garden gnome, but really watching what was happening with ticket sales.

Sure one or two seasons were bought with large wads of cash but quite a few sales were for what looked like single match ticket sales and only a couple of notes being handed over.

I'll go back this afternoon for further look at the Gnome.

I don't think the Gnomes of Zurich will be able to save this lot. :greengrin

PapillonVert
22-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Er, the Champions League theme is actually Zadok the Priest, by Handel. :nerd:

The words go to the Ode to Joy. :wink:

It was Lucius who said it was the CL theme.

hfc rd
22-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Does anyone know which four yam players were made redundant?

Gus Fring
22-06-2013, 12:30 PM
I just came round by Mcleod Street. No problem parking , so I stopped off and took a wonder into their ticket office/shop.

Queue of about 20 with 2 of a staff serving at the windows. I pretended to be sizing up a Yam garden gnome, but really watching what was happening with ticket sales.

Sure one or two seasons were bought with large wads of cash but quite a few sales were for what looked like single match ticket sales and only a couple of notes being handed over.

Interesting. Especially since I literally just recieved the following text

"500 tickets were sold but nobody told the press they were all season tickets. They print what they like"

Viva_Palmeiras
22-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Does anyone know which four yam players were made redundant?

Jiang Qing, the leading figure of the group, and her close associates Zhang Chunqiao, Yao Wenyuan, and Wang Hongwen.

Hiber-nation
22-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Stuart 'Random Comparisons' Bathgate:
Asked if the task faced by Hearts now was tougher than the 2012 Scottish Cup final, in which they beat Hibs 5-1, Locke unsurprisingly said it was. “Easily, This is the biggest battle that the club has faced.”

....so ******* unsurprising that it will be a puzzle to every sentient being* why you asked it. I think he's got a tic.

* and possibly, even, Gary Locke.

The most idiotic question ever asked by a journalist in the entire history of journalism ever. Today was the last Scotsman I will buy for a very long time, despite the comedy value.

Dashing Bob S
22-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Bob, outside of the financial gurus on this thread you are easily my favourite poster (honorable mention to Bajillions) your ability to jump on the slightest bit of Yammery and slice it to ribbons is thoroughly entertaining.

Some of your posts the last couple of days have given me a right chortle. As the shenanigans seem to continue for a couple of months(?) I look forward to future offerings.

Keep it up. On the phone so can't put in a relevant emoticon.

Certainly can't think of a close-season I've enjoyed more than this one.

joe breezy
22-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Certainly can't think of a close-season I've enjoyed more than this one.

Last season's Sevco debacle was pretty enjoyable

Treadstone
22-06-2013, 12:58 PM
The most idiotic question ever asked by a journalist in the entire history of journalism ever. Today was the last Scotsman I will buy for a very long time, despite the comedy value.

Infrequent buyer before but Dowler case (a likely murdered schoolgirl FFS!) ended me giving anything directly to newspaper industry, seen SoS Scottish Nazi attempt and knew I had made the correct decision.

Deansy
22-06-2013, 01:00 PM
The VERY best outcome for them is that they come out of administration with a viable backer and retain Tynecastle, right?

But wait a minute, unless its a white knight with oodles of cash and willing to go ahead without looking for a return for the foreseeable future, they are going to have to cut their cloth.

In this instance, FACT is, they are exactly 23 years behind us. We have a new stadium, we have our own training ground and we have a manageable debt. 23 years it took us ladies!

Fact is, 23 years boys and girls is a LONG time. We were there (well almost) and have had to swallow their bile for 23 years when they patently couldn't afford what they were doing.

I actually DO hope the best case scenario for them happens, I want to see their faces when we absolutely PUMP them when they, at long, long last have to play by the rules.

100% agree with you !!. It's fun ripping them in the pub/work/school etc, but it's so much better when it's done ON THE PITCH !!. I really hope IF they start the season, Pat sends our team out on Aug 10 with the order "At the very least I want 7-0" !!

(P.s Slightly disagree with the '23 years' - it's 32 years since Mercer took over and started their 'Financial Football' business-model)

ScottB
22-06-2013, 01:00 PM

It defies belief as a question, comes across as either a pointless dig at Hibs, or throwing a bone to the 5-1 brigade.

Someone that was an actual journalist would surely be asking how Hearts will manage to compete without spending such vast sums on wages? Or if their overpaid cup winning squad was worth putting the existence of the club at risk?

Don't buy newspapers and no plans to change that. The Sports parts certainly gave up on journalism along time ago.

Rocky
22-06-2013, 01:11 PM
It defies belief as a question, comes across as either a pointless dig at Hibs, or throwing a bone to the 5-1 brigade.

Someone that was an actual journalist would surely be asking how Hearts will manage to compete without spending such vast sums on wages? Or if their overpaid cup winning squad was worth putting the existence of the club at risk?

Don't buy newspapers and no plans to change that. The Sports parts certainly gave up on journalism along time ago.

Don't disagree it's a stupid question but I think it might have been used as a link to the "Was it worth it?" question. Which is quite a good one.

22-06-2013, 01:12 PM

Sounds like we're needing an 'Official Queue Update Thead'.

Dashing Bob S
22-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Jambos fans: it's like cheering wildly when a bully on steroids beats up a young kid in a school playground. Then, when steroid-guzzling bully has a steroid induced heart-attack and slips into a coma, we're all supposed to suddenly feel sorry for him.

GTF - pull the plug.

Bristolhibby
22-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Hatred kicked in after the Mercer takeover bid.

Mine was going to Tynie for the first time aged 14, was called a "Fenian *******". The behaviour of the fans has just gone down hill. Especially those tw@s in the asbestos stand nearest the away end.

That and their incessant Hunnish UJ waving and Nazi/Red hand salutes.

Effin mugs!

J

ScottB
22-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Don't disagree it's a stupid question but I think it might have been used as a link to the "Was it worth it?" question. Which is quite a good one.

I don't see why you'd need a link in, plus essentially asking, 'what was harder, winning a football match or dealing with your club facing liquidation?' is one of the most pointless questions ever conceived!

kdhibees1
22-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Jambos fans: it's like cheering wildly when a bully on steroids beats up a young kid in a school playground. Then, when steroid-guzzling bully has a steroid induced heart-attack and slips into a coma, we're all supposed to suddenly feel sorry for him.

GTF - pull the plug.
:faf:

fat freddy
22-06-2013, 01:23 PM

Putting aside your dedication to reporting the true facts of whats really going on inside Tynecastle, I wonder if it's just The Yaks that sell garden gnomes? Is this another merchandising opportunity that Hibs are missing out on? We've had the missing letters and numbers fiasco at the launch of the new kit and now we seem to have missed a trick by denying green fingered Hibbies the opportunity to decorate their gardens with green garden gnomes this summer.

C'mon Petrie...sort this out:grr:

Incidentaly, how much do the gnomes retail at?

kdhibees1
22-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Putting aside your dedication to reporting the true facts of whats really going on inside Tynecastle, I wonder if it's just The Yaks that sell garden gnomes? Is this another merchandising opportunity that Hibs are missing out on? We've had the missing letters and numbers fiasco at the launch of the new kit and now we seem to have missed a trick by denying green fingered Hibbies the opportunity to decorate their gardens with green garden gnomes this summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyQxTWDLZ8o Hahahaha, heeheheehee, let's all laugh at the yams and there admin fees!!

nribs
22-06-2013, 01:28 PM
I'm reading tweet frim Jambos saying they have wues round the block!!! P*sh surely

Jack Hackett
22-06-2013, 01:36 PM
I'm reading tweet frim Jambos saying they have wues round the block!!! P*sh surely

Plenty of woes, but I'm guessing no wues :greengrin

josef k
22-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Has anyone done any digging around the Hearts main stand safety certificate recently? There was a rumor on boakback round the 13th June that significant remedial work was necessary before next season. One of the reasons cited for entering administration was increased stadium costs "significantly increased stadium costs particularly in relation to the Main Stand". I wonder if the work has been completed (beyond the paint)? Anyone knows who issues such safety certificates and if related reports are FOI able?

Hibercelona
22-06-2013, 01:38 PM

GTF - pull the plug.

Switch off the defibrillator. :agree:

Hibercelona
22-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Has anyone done any digging around the Hearts main stand safety certificate recently? There was a rumor on boakback round the 13th June that significant remedial work was necessary before next season. One of the reasons cited for entering administration was increased stadium costs "significantly increased stadium costs particularly in relation to the Main Stand". I wonder if the work has been completed (beyond the paint)? Anyone knows who issues such safety certificates and if related reports are FOI able?

I suspect they've probably just painted over the cracks.

greenginger
22-06-2013, 01:48 PM

Could be worth stirring this up and see if a reaction can be got from the Administrators.

They are in charge now , so presumably then can be held liable for safety issues if they are made aware of them. :cb

Dunderhall
22-06-2013, 01:49 PM

There's a huge untapped market, after all who wouldn't shell out £16 for a plastic gnome or this... :brokenyam:

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y500/Jakeyrowling/228157DA-6720-412A-8C75-2E05CA83724F-34655-0000422D1FC6937F_zps182e8342.jpg

hibees 7062
22-06-2013, 01:58 PM

I got one from the Hibs shop 4 year ago :agree:

fat freddy
22-06-2013, 02:01 PM
At 16 quid a gnome, a quick back of an Allan Carr Easyway to Give Up book calculation tells us that they only have to shift around about 48,000 Gnomes and they will reach their target figure for seeing out the summer....punt another 400,000 next season and they can make a serious dent in the debt.

fat freddy
22-06-2013, 02:03 PM
I got one from the Hibs shop 4 year ago :agree:

would you be interested in selling it?

nribs
22-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Plenty of woes, but I'm guessing no wues :greengrin
Bloody phone :)

fat freddy
22-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Bloody phone :)

you mean phuene surely?

Jack Hackett
22-06-2013, 02:11 PM
you mean phuene surely?

Is that you, Inspector Clouseau? :greengrin

CyberSauzee
22-06-2013, 02:16 PM

"500 tickets were sold but nobody told the press they were all season tickets. They print what they like"

Amazing how stupid many people are - mention one thing and they blindly assume it means something a bit more specific that fits into their way of thinking. From so called journalists the level of utter ineptness is absolutely staggering.

Gus Fring
22-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Amazing how stupid many people are - mention one thing and they blindly assume it means something a bit more specific that fits into their way of thinking. From so called journalists the level of utter ineptness is absolutely staggering.

I've lost track of the number of times I've seen researchers and fact checkers give a journalist a piece of clear and concise information only to then see something that loosely resembles it given to the public.

Makaveli
22-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Probably been posted 10 pages ago but it's a pleasing headline and photo nonetheless:

http://i.imgur.com/adikvnb.jpg

Barrabus
22-06-2013, 02:51 PM

Agreed. I fell out with this clown (by e-mail) after his report on the first game after the CIS cup win in 2007 when he failed to mention the balant shirt-pulling by Zaliukas (i.e. when he pulled Rob Jones' strip up his back and over his head!). Haven't bought the Scotsman since but do read it on-line!

grunt
22-06-2013, 03:07 PM

"500 tickets were sold but nobody told the press they were all season tickets. They print what they like"Jackson (administrator) on Sportsound this afternoon specifically said "500 season tickets".

Dashing Bob S
22-06-2013, 03:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyQxTWDLZ8o Hahahaha, heeheheehee, let's all laugh at the yams and there admin fees!!

With it's funeral beat and, above all, the lyrics, this one seems to me to be the quintessential Bowie Yament (Yam lament).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWtsV50_-p4

Thecat23
22-06-2013, 03:17 PM
The inner love on sickback is unreal. Big pats on the back and how "Super duper" great they all are. Yet no real protests have ever happened they are miles and I mean miles off being saved.

The first defeat the heads will go down these fans will bolt, like last season the crowds dropped. They need to get a grip on reality!! Bunch of Fandans.

hibby rae
22-06-2013, 03:27 PM
The inner love on sickback is unreal. Big pats on the back and how "Super duper" great they all are. Yet no real protests have ever happened they are miles and I mean miles off being saved.

My cousin was like that on facebook so I commented how those that have been made unemployed must be welling up with pride. Didn't have an answer to that.

hibby rae
22-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Am I right in thinking that a few seasons ago they had their water cut off? Tried a quick google search but couldn't find anything.

Thecat23
22-06-2013, 03:33 PM
My cousin was like that on facebook so I commented how those that have been made unemployed must be welling up with pride. Didn't have an answer to that.

Exactly, it's a shame on those that lost there jobs and were treated badly. Sure they aren't all kissing each others *****.

Sitting thinking about 1990, that truly was a massive achievement considering there was no Internet just word of mouth. It was twice as hard then to get things up and running yet we did. That mob are going out on a whimper.

s.a.m
22-06-2013, 03:33 PM

To be fair to Stuart, it's a close run thing with: "How are you so good?" - J.White

s.a.m
22-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Last season's Sevco debacle was pretty enjoyable

But this time it's personal. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
22-06-2013, 03:36 PM
To be fair to Stuart, it's a close run thing with: "How are you so good?" - J.White

My personal favourite was the guy who stuck a microphone in Mike Gatting's (heavily bruised and battered) face and said....

"where did the ball hit you, Mike?".

Spike Mandela
22-06-2013, 03:38 PM
When will the SFA have their hearing on Hearts entering administration. Surely they have to be dealt with the same as Dunfermline?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/dunfermline-hit-with-transfer-embargo-following-sfa-disciplinary-hearing-into-insolvency.1368112728

mjhibby
22-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Correct.

Admirable that the Yam fundraising attempts to keep the club alive are, the overall sums of money raised are insignificant in the great scheme of things.

What it does do is buy time for Yams to persuade someome with real wealth to step in. If they dont get backup from an STF, EddieThomson, or Stewart Milne type then they could cover gorgie in bouncy castles and the outcome would remain the same.

Thinking back to our situation, and Celtic's, in the early 90's, while in no way attempting to belittle the actions of fans groups, it was the men with serious money who ultimately decided the future of both clubs.

Hearts need someone and quickly.

The simple fact is that unless they find a tom farmer or a stewart milne to spend upwards of £10m to buy the club abd another £3-4m to run it the stadium will be sold and they will be goosed.Starting the season with all the season ticket money spent leaves a huge hole in the finances.Also the spl(or whatever the name is now)is still to deliberate on punishment for them so the odds of them being relegated are pretty short.In short their goosed.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-06-2013, 04:02 PM
The simple fact is that unless they find a tom farmer or a stewart milne to spend upwards of £10m to buy the club abd another £3-4m to run it the stadium will be sold and they will be goosed.Starting the season with all the season ticket money spent leaves a huge hole in the finances.Also the spl(or whatever the name is now)is still to deliberate on punishment for them so the odds of them being relegated are pretty short.In short their goosed.

Did you not see the article in the Snotsman about David Murray and his sugar-coated spiel abiut Gardensworld plan for the green belt? Damn him and damn the council it this is an escape route.

Beefster
22-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Did you not see the article in the Snotsman about David Murray and his sugar-coated spiel abiut Gardensworld plan for the green belt? Damn him and damn the council it this is an escape route.

Not any time soon, it won't be.

kdhibees1
22-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Spl transfer rumours on facebook says he will be signing on monday. Anyone know anything? Nope!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-danny-wilsons-1975080

Technofob
22-06-2013, 04:11 PM

I might have been tripping but I'm sure there were gnomes on sale in the club store last season???

Viva_Palmeiras
22-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Not any time soon, it won't be.

Certainly hope so but even in the medium to longterm.

Gus Fring
22-06-2013, 04:14 PM
When will the SFA have their hearing on Hearts entering administration. Surely they have to be dealt with the same as Dunfermline?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/dunfermline-hit-with-transfer-embargo-following-sfa-disciplinary-hearing-into-insolvency.1368112728

All in due course. Hearts currently have been handed the same punishment it just doesn't have a conclusive end date. It's too early in the process to do that just now.

Springbank
22-06-2013, 04:15 PM

Think there may be a national record number of objectors to those plans, even before the Hibs/Hearts factor

Huge swathes of higher quality green belt under threat, traffic chaos from 5000 new car owners (more than 1 per house would be expected in that part)

Of course, a lot of Hibees might be motivated to object when the time comes (just make sure you do it individually as the number of objections is important)

erin go bragh
22-06-2013, 04:19 PM
I might have been tripping but I'm sure there were gnomes on sale in the club store last season???
Yes , i got one for xmas :greengrin

ggtth

kdhibees1
22-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Staff at the Hertz club store regret to inform fans that 'Vladamir Gnomanov' has now been discontinued.
http://img109.imageshack.us/edit_preview.php?l=img109/9841/yx9b.jpg&action=rotate

InterviewLoI
22-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Nope!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-danny-wilsons-1975080

He meant for Hibs

hibs6270uk
22-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Staff at the Hertz club store regret to inform fans that 'Vladamir Gnomanov' has now been discontinued.
http://img109.imageshack.us/edit_preview.php?l=img109/9841/yx9b.jpg&action=rotate

:faf::faf::faf:

Treadstone
22-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Charlotte Fakeovers on Twitter (@CharlotteFakes) is possibly calling into account the integrity of Bryan Jackson.

Graham Spiers ‏@GrahamSpiers (https://twitter.com/GrahamSpiers)2h (https://twitter.com/GrahamSpiers/status/348443068158058497)
'Sportsound' 3.30-5pm with Derek McInnes, Bryan Jackson, Garry Hay and me. Dons, Hearts, Killie, #DAFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23DAFC&src=hash) fans send Qs to @bbckennymac (https://twitter.com/bbckennymac).
Expand (https://twitter.com/GrahamSpiers/status/348443068158058497)

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/3642082414/361b2c27d38658de95f4113e890cd6e9_normal.jpegCharlo tte Fakeovers ‏@CharlotteFakes (https://twitter.com/CharlotteFakes)2h (https://twitter.com/CharlotteFakes/status/348445813791412226)
@GrahamSpiers (https://twitter.com/GrahamSpiers) @bbckennymac (https://twitter.com/bbckennymac) Serious Q-Ask Bryan Jackson if Vlad made a quick phone call to him, would he amend a 7 year old invoice? #Liberty (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Liberty&src=hash)

GordonHFC
22-06-2013, 04:29 PM
That site is just fans making stuff up.

So is this one:greengrin

kdhibees1
22-06-2013, 04:33 PM
He meant for Hibs Oops. should have read back!

Diclonius
22-06-2013, 04:39 PM
This would be hilarious. And he's a decent defender. I'd take him.

YehButNoBut
22-06-2013, 04:49 PM

Doubt Murray will be lashing out any big bucks in the near future, his company made a huge loss of £97 million in the last year.

Sir David Murray's firm in £97m loss

Sir David Murray, the property and metals magnate who owned Rangers football club, has reported increased losses in his most recent accounts.

For the year to last June, his Murray International Holdings (MIH) made a pre-tax loss of nearly £97m, some £10m more than the previous year's loss.

Sir David had to carry out major repairs to his finances, and had to sell off part of his metals business during the year, at low prices.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-22041145

Hibs Class
22-06-2013, 04:57 PM

:thumbsup:

kev1875
22-06-2013, 04:57 PM
I honestly couldn't care about the employees that lost their jobs. I have far more sympathy for the country who's economy has been robbed to the tune of 85 million quid. I hope that horrible little club die but only after their ganting fans have forked out for season tickets.

YehButNoBut
22-06-2013, 05:01 PM
It sounds like it could be a good deal fewer than 500 confirmed sales according to Bryan Jackson on Radio Scotland this afternoon. He said 'close to 500 fans had attempted to buy tickets' but that they were having problems with the credit card companies (no surprise for a business in administration) and had had to suspend credit and debit card purchases. Cash or cheque only for now. He didn't say how many sales had been completed before the finance companies stepped in, but it's not what Hearts need when time is of the essence.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pinched the above comment from EN which may be nearer the truth that around 500 have attempted to buy ST's but have had problems paying by CC. I would imagine quite a few of those have not bothered if they have to foot it down to Tynie and hand over cash.

Thecat23
22-06-2013, 05:03 PM
I honestly couldn't care about the employees that lost their jobs. I have far more sympathy for the country who's economy has been robbed to the tune of 85 million quid. I hope that horrible little club die but only after their ganting fans have forked out for season tickets.

That's harsh. Doesn't matter who it is no one deserves to be jobless. They haven't done any wrong. You obviously either haven't been laid off or not been around folk who have. Can take a horrible toll on people.

kdhibees1
22-06-2013, 05:04 PM
It sounds like it could be a good deal fewer than 500 confirmed sales according to Bryan Jackson on Radio Scotland this afternoon. He said 'close to 500 fans had attempted to buy tickets' but that they were having problems with the credit card companies (no surprise for a business in administration) and had had to suspend credit and debit card purchases. Cash or cheque only for now. He didn't say how many sales had been completed before the finance companies stepped in, but it's not what Hearts need when time if of the essence.

Pinched the above comment from EN which may be nearer the truth that around 500 have attempted to buy ST's but have had problems paying by CC. I would imagine quite a few of those have not bothered if they have to foot it down to Tynie and hand over cash. Wow, just WOW!!! It's hard not to laugh!

Gus Fring
22-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Jackson (administrator) on Sportsound this afternoon specifically said "500 season tickets".

To be honest, I wouldn't expect him to say anything less. He's not going to turn round and say "Actually things aren't as rosy as they seem, we only sold 200 season tickets" after all the positivity about the 500 number. He needs to encourage customers, not put them off.

Hibercelona
22-06-2013, 05:08 PM
That's harsh. Doesn't matter who it is no one deserves to be jobless. They haven't done any wrong. You obviously either haven't been laid off or not been around folk who have. Can take a horrible toll on people.

I feel more sorry for people who can't get jobs in the first place, because the Government is being robbed out of money that could otherwise be used to create more job opportunities.

kdhibees1
22-06-2013, 05:09 PM
To be honest, I wouldn't expect him to say anything less. He's not going to turn round and say "Actually things aren't as rosy as they seem, we only sold 200 season tickets" after all the positivity about the 500 number. He needs to encourage customers, not put them off. Exactly. This 500 sold has not changed in the last good few hours. A Figure they seem to be clutching onto! How many times will the fans fall for the constant slaver put their way?

Jack Hackett
22-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Exactly. This 500 sold has not changed in the last good few hours. A Figure they seem to be clutching onto! How many times will the fans fall for the constant slaver put their way?

How long is a piece of string?

lapsedhibee
22-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Exactly. This 500 sold has not changed in the last good few hours. A Figure they seem to be clutching onto! How many times will the fans fall for the constant slaver put their way?

:confused: As many times as it's put their way shirley?

Gus Fring
22-06-2013, 05:26 PM

I don't think they'll ever stop believing whatever they are told. It's genuinely scary how they justify it.

kdhibees1
22-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Was at work yesterday and overheard one of many 'allisbarry' minded yamsters talking to my boss - (also a yamster) about the ticket sales and if they would be purchasing one. I just find it bewildering that they never seem to bring up the reality about anything. Just constantly shy away from it and stoat about as if it's a normal thing. Strange bunch likes!!!

greenginger
22-06-2013, 05:27 PM
I went back into their shop about 3.45 pm, queue of about 20, two staff selling the tickets. both seasons and single match day tickets being sold by the looks of it.

Today would be the big rush day with Yams determined to show everyone they are fighting for their club and entice a new sugar daddy to come in.

I expect things to slow to a trickle next week but I'll keep my eye on developments, as Mcleod street is my new way home.

Twiglet
22-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Certainly hope so but even in the medium to longterm.

It may be longer than he's prepared to wait. Here in south Edinburgh there's a bit of greenbelt that various developers have tried to get permission to build on. It's been going on over 15 years now. Developers have got fed up and given up (don't know current situation, but Ian Murrays predecessor was involved in fighting it).
People power does work (to an extent in some cases).

Dashing Bob S
22-06-2013, 05:33 PM

The problem is it could just as easily discourage fans. I know plenty of Yams who, particularly after the share scam, have just had enough. They love the club but want to wait till it's out of the hands of the current owners and administrators before throwing any more good money after bad. If they keep this ludicrous 'we've already sold 500' malarkey going, plenty are just as likely to complacently think, 'they'll get 3,000 easy, crisis averted, no need for me to bother.'

weonlywon6-2
22-06-2013, 05:40 PM
The problem is it could just as easily discourage fans. I know plenty of Yams who, particularly after the share scam, have just had enough. They love the club but want to wait till it's out of the hands of the current owners and administrators before throwing any more good money after bad. If they keep this ludicrous 'we've already sold 500' malarkey going, plenty are just as likely to complacently think, 'they'll get 3,000 easy, crisis averted, no need for me to bother.'

Very true sum up of what could happen.i will pee myself laughing if they dont sell enough and they cant guaruntee their fixtures

Hibernia Na Eir
22-06-2013, 05:40 PM
cant think of any other business that would receive such pity from their own administrators, the press and rivals.....

the press seem to be doing a fine job of biggin'-up that sorry lot.

Shame Dundee, Livingston, dunfermline etc didn't receive similar exposure.....

Treadstone
22-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Between 500 and 3000 will be the number of death threats received by Bryan Jackson if liquidation happens.

Wait and see.

CB_NO3
22-06-2013, 05:47 PM
Am not a big fan. Think he has played 10 good games in his life if he is lucky. He has only played 35 games in his whole career. He got slated from the Blackpool fans and he only played 6 games. He was not that good against us for Hearts and was dire in the cup final v St Mirren. Still got some potential of course but am yet to be convinced.

Sanger
22-06-2013, 05:48 PM
I went back into their shop about 3.45 pm, queue of about 20, two staff selling the tickets. both seasons and single match day tickets being sold by the looks of it.

Today would be the big rush day with Yams determined to show everyone they are fighting for their club and entice a new sugar daddy to come in.

I expect things to slow to a trickle next week but I'll keep my eye on developments, as Mcleod street is my new way home.
Do you think there will be rush around cooncil pay and end month at the end of next week especially since its cash only?

Andy74
22-06-2013, 05:48 PM
He's gash.

Andy74
22-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Do you think there will be rush around cooncil pay and end month at the end of next week especially since its cash only?

No.

kdhibees1
The problem is it could just as easily discourage fans. I know plenty of Yams who, particularly after the share scam, have just had enough. They love the club but want to wait till it's out of the hands of the current owners and administrators before throwing any more good money after bad. If they keep this ludicrous 'we've already sold 500' malarkey going, plenty are just as likely to complacently think, 'they'll get 3,000 easy, crisis averted, no need for me to bother.' Very well put! Mind games at their most desperate!

Hibernia Na Eir
not convinced by him and wasn't envious when they "signed" him.

Hibercelona
22-06-2013, 05:50 PM
And perform a "merger"?

The new club could play in green and white and play at Easter Road football stadium. They'd be called "Hibernian Football Club".

Andy74
22-06-2013, 05:51 PM
And perform a "merger"?

The new club could play in green and white and play at Easter Road football stadium. They'd be called "Hibernian Football Club".

What would be worth buying though?

Eyrie
22-06-2013, 05:52 PM

A prime residential site in South Murrayfield.

Sanger
22-06-2013, 05:54 PM
According to a mate in the cooncil sports dept its a regular pr exercise Murray pulls through the media to put pressure on the cooncilors. Where he is going to find £1 billion when he is in ho k to the banks for several hundred million escapes me!

Hibercelona
22-06-2013, 05:56 PM

Could he not build houses over the new piece of land he would own, then use any profits he makes from the property market and invest it into the "new" club?

Sanger
22-06-2013, 05:57 PM

Yez those are my estimates to what is needed to save the Yams. In other words they are goosed!

Billy Whizz
22-06-2013, 05:57 PM
He's gash.

And not as good as Hanlon

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Would love him to sign. 10% because he's a decent defender on his day. 90% because the puddle drinkers would be sick as parrots. Immature and childish, I know.

Treadstone
22-06-2013, 06:05 PM
not convinced by him and wasn't envious when they "signed" him.

Thought he was a decent signing for them at the time but rapidly became clear that the player that left Rangers in 2010 with good potential had regressed.

HibbyAndy
22-06-2013, 06:10 PM
The only reason id sign Wilson would be to pi ss off begging bowl united and there fans.

He really isnt that good.

Treadstone
22-06-2013, 06:10 PM
No.

Stop dithering and answer the question.

Iggy Pope
22-06-2013, 06:23 PM
And perform a "merger"?

I realise your tongue is in your cheek, but I remember during the 1990 wars, the hapless yam who ran the sports equipment shop on Gorgie Rd opposite McLeod Street allowed himself to be named and photographed in the EEN with a similar sentiment (from a yam perspective obviously) quoted below him.

Threats and tanning of windows followed before a hurried retraction.

22-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Thought he was a decent signing for them at the time but rapidly became clear that the player that left Rangers in 2010 with good potential had regressed.

:agree:

Iggy Pope
22-06-2013, 06:27 PM
This time last year that signing might have had us excited.
But I think we seen enough of him to know he looks stale. And his Agent must think the same if he didn't try to dissuade him from signing his phantom deal with them, rather than hold out for a proper team with strips and that.

Treadstone
22-06-2013, 06:35 PM
But I think we seen enough of him to know he looks stale. And his Agent must think the same if he didn't try to dissuade him from signing his phantom deal with them, rather than hold out for a proper team with strips and that.

:agree: the agent part of this is a great point. Sign for a team in obvious financial distress. Whenever pundits say that young players need first team football then Danny Wilson is exhibit #1. Three years in reserve football bar a couple of loan deals and his potential is now limited.

HibbyRod
22-06-2013, 06:36 PM
I realise your tongue is in your cheek, but I remember during the 1990 wars, the hapless yam who ran the sports equipment shop on Gorgie Rd opposite McLeod Street allowed himself to be named and photographed in the EEN with a similar sentiment (from a yam perspective obviously) quoted below him.

Threats and tanning of windows followed before a hurried retraction.

:faf::faf:

NOLA
22-06-2013, 06:36 PM
hink his agent is allan preston, so no real surprise he talked him into joining the yaks

Iggy Pope
22-06-2013, 06:41 PM
hink his agent is allan preston, so no real surprise he talked him into joining the yaks

Never.

Dashing Bob S
22-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Yez those are my estimates to what is needed to save the Yams. In other words they are goosed!

Their problems have only just started. Should such a person exist with that cash, they would have to be insane to go anywhere near a club who's current owners are under criminal investigation.

When the money is followed Hearts will be exposed as being integral to something very unsavory. 15k salaries didn't come from 13k crowds and the sort of TV money you get in Scotland. They are forgetting who still owns the club and that those monies went through the accounts at Tynecastle.

Gus Fring
22-06-2013, 06:47 PM

Froam a roaster over at Weallbuttonuptheback regarding Killie not being punished for Kenny Shiels comments.

No punishment because the manager in question has left the club.

So why should we be penalised with a signing ban if the takeover goes through ?

Our former 'dear leader' will have gone just as Sheils has done so why more punishment for a new owner ?

They really are thick as poo in the neck of a bottle

Billy Whizz
22-06-2013, 06:50 PM

Preston is also McPake's agent

s.a.m
22-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Genuine question re. the strips which are currently sailing the high seas:
Do clubs pay up front for merchandise, or do they pay on delivery / at some later agreed date? If not already paid for, are Hearts going to be able to accept delivery? (I'm presuming that they would be able to shift them, as a kind of emotional purchase, so perhaps the Administrator would sanction the purchase). That's obviously a source of income they could be doing with.

#allverycomplex
#allatsea

Hibs07p
22-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Doubt Murray will be lashing out any big bucks in the near future, his company made a huge loss of £97 million in the last year.

Sir David Murray's firm in £97m loss

Sir David Murray, the property and metals magnate who owned Rangers football club, has reported increased losses in his most recent accounts.

For the year to last June, his Murray International Holdings (MIH) made a pre-tax loss of nearly £97m, some £10m more than the previous year's loss.

Sir David had to carry out major repairs to his finances, and had to sell off part of his metals business during the year, at low prices.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-22041145

I think DM is trying to turn worthless land into expensive land, by getting planning permission, to then sell onto a developer.

And perform a "merger"?

I would prefer Stewart Milne to merge them with Aberdeen, then we could them Hardons.

Sir David Gray
22-06-2013, 06:54 PM

Froam a roaster over at Weallbuttonuptheback regarding Killie not being punished for Kenny Shiels comments.

I can't believe the person asking that question is actually being serious.

AlbertK86
22-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Preston is also McPake's agent

Preston is possibly the biggest most annoying wa***r and pundit going.

Anybody entrusting him is clearly THICK

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Anyone trusting an agent is a fool!

The Falcon
22-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Their problems have only just started. Should such a person exist with that cash, they would have to be insane to go anywhere near a club who's current owners are under criminal investigation.

When the money is followed Hearts will be exposed as being integral to something very unsavory. 15k salaries didn't come from 13k crowds and the sort of TV money you get in Scotland. They are forgetting who still owns the club and that those monies went through the accounts at Tynecastle.

Spot on there Bob. I think that the Yam board have been operating some sort of rearguard action since just before they lost control of UKIO. A shedload of shredding and restructuring the loans through UBIG and then falling back again, by resigning en masse, to their last stand at Hearts. Whether or not they have held on long enough to destroy enough evidence of wrongdoing remains to be seen. Follow the money would be apt but I suspect that trail has now gone cold.

I do not share others faith in the overall integrity of the administration process to be confident of a just and fair outcome.

Gus Fring
22-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Genuine question re. the strips which are currently sailing the high seas:
Do clubs pay up front for merchandise, or do they pay on delivery / at some later agreed date? If not already paid for, are Hearts going to be able to accept delivery? (I'm presuming that they would be able to shift them, as a kind of emotional purchase, so perhaps the Administrator would sanction the purchase). That's obviously a source of income they could be doing with.

#allverycomplex
#allatsea

They've no money to pay for them.

s.a.m
22-06-2013, 07:01 PM

Cannae believe I didn't think of that. :greengrin

Hibercelona
Let's look at this logically.

A multimillionaire crackpot (not Romanov) turns up in Scotland and decides that investing in a Scottish Football Club would be a great business move.

Would he:

A) Look to take over a club in a healthy state with no severe punishments (and possible criminal charges) looming over them?

or

B) A club that is 25,000,000 (at least) in debt, in Administration, awaiting punishments and possible criminal charges. Transfer embargoed. And fans that think bake sales, raffles and garden gnomes are the answer?

Hearts have NO chance. They're well and truly ****ed. Why are their fans throwing money down a bottomless hole, when they could be holding onto cash, so they'll at least have something to invest into a newco?

Billy Whizz
Cannae believe I didn't think of that. :greengrin

Wonder if they'll kick off the new season in last years strips?

kdhibees1
22-06-2013, 07:02 PM

Thought they were self sufficient though... :confused: Baffling!!

brog
22-06-2013, 07:03 PM
It sounds like it could be a good deal fewer than 500 confirmed sales according to Bryan Jackson on Radio Scotland this afternoon. He said 'close to 500 fans had attempted to buy tickets' but that they were having problems with the credit card companies (no surprise for a business in administration) and had had to suspend credit and debit card purchases. Cash or cheque only for now. He didn't say how many sales had been completed before the finance companies stepped in, but it's not what Hearts need when time is of the essence.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pinched the above comment from EN which may be nearer the truth that around 500 have attempted to buy ST's but have had problems paying by CC. I would imagine quite a few of those have not bothered if they have to foot it down to Tynie and hand over cash.

So 24 hours after 500 were sold, in the first 24 hours, "close to 500 had attempted to buy tickets". In other words it was nowhere near 500 yesterday & yet another litany of lies from the Yams. And yet, the media & some on here, continue to believe & repeat the rubbish that is being spouted. Personally, if Yams told me they'd signed Danny Wilson & held a press conference to publicise it, I wouldn't believe it! :greengrin

CyberSauzee
22-06-2013, 07:05 PM
A thought occurred to me today, where will the Yammish be turning up for pre-season training? Presumably HW Uni will want money up front before letting Locke's Golden Boys on to their premises?

If not it will be back to dodging dog turds and broken glass on a public park somewhere. But at least Gary can provide the boys with showers.

The Falcon
22-06-2013, 07:07 PM

I suspect that the cunning plan was to sign him up and sell him before they had to pay him. :greengrin

s.a.m
22-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Wonder if they'll kick off the new season in last years strips?

:greengrin With the logo blanked out because Wonga fear damage to their reputation by association.

(There's probably some spare paint left over from the steps. That'll do the job.)

kdhibees1
22-06-2013, 07:10 PM
A thought occurred to me today, where will the Yammish be turning up for pre-season training? Presumably HW Uni will want money up front before letting Locke's Golden Boys on to their premises?

If not it will be back to dodging dog turds and broken glass on a public park somewhere. But at least Gary can provide the boys with showers.
:faf::top marks

SurferRosa
22-06-2013, 07:14 PM

Especially as The Times? revealed yesterday, a 15% stake remains through another of his companies. Their " dear leader " has anything but gone.

Jack Hackett
22-06-2013, 07:16 PM
So 24 hours after 500 were sold, in the first 24 hours, "close to 500 had attempted to buy tickets". In other words it was nowhere near 500 yesterday & yet another litany of lies from the Yams. And yet, the media & some on here, continue to believe & repeat the rubbish that is being spouted. Personally, if Yams told me they'd signed Danny Wilson & held a press conference to publicise it, I wouldn't believe it! :greengrin

BDO appear to be pursuing the same strategy as Duff & Duffer....and why not, it worked for them. The fact that hertz really don't have a pot to pee in, a fraction of the fanbase, and practically zero in future income stream possibilities (discounting the fantasy £1m a month from FoH pledges), will probably result in a totally different outcome

shezer
22-06-2013, 07:25 PM
I have an uneasy feeling they are going to find a way out of this. They have raised 20K on kickback. There are even a few over here that like them and are donating :confused:

Sir David Gray
22-06-2013, 07:31 PM
I have an uneasy feeling they are going to find a way out of this. They have raised 20K on kickback. There are even a few over here that like them and are donating :confused:

£20,000 will barely make a dent in their debt.

Even if they do keep going past the summer, they'll have barely any players for the new season and will be favourites for relegation next year.

fat freddy
22-06-2013, 07:32 PM

Wow! £20 Thousand!.....Thats them saved then...The SPL need to lift the transfer embargo and allow them to sign Messi and Ronaldo.:rolleyes:

shezer
22-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Wow! £20 Thousand!.....Thats them saved then...The SPL need to lift the transfer embargo and allow them to sign Messi and Ronaldo.:rolleyes:
20K from just one internet forum is impressive.Whose to say there's not more donations to the club directly?

Dunderhall
22-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Have we had a day recently without Ian Murray somewhere in the press?
Yesterday produced this.

"If Bryan Jackson's looking for someone to come up with money, we're certainly in a position to do so," he said.
"We can come up with the funds, because if the 6,000 people who have pledged convert to direct debits, and we get a few more on top, we will certainly be in a position to come up with the money."
"We're very confident we'll be able to put something on the table very shortly."

Personally I can't see the issue, it's only 6000 pledges at £200 per month for a year which gives a bit over the £14M figure. :hmmm:
Maybe putting something on the table very shortly means a gnome.

bingo70
22-06-2013, 07:37 PM
20K from just one internet forum is impressive.Whose to say there's not more donations to the club directly?

It's a good effort, there's no denying that but its a drop in the ocean compared to what they need.

Even if others are donating similar amounts it won't make much difference, they need a significant amount of investment, as in millions so unless they find someone like that then they're still ****ed.

NOLA
22-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Never.
yep.

PapillonVert
22-06-2013, 07:41 PM
And perform a "merger"?

The thought has crossed my mind about STF through one of his companies looking at the development opportunity.

LeighLoyal
22-06-2013, 07:43 PM
I'd sign him. :aok:

Skol
22-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Has the FoH strategy changed to funding the club through hard times rather than buying it ? Are the pledgers aware ?

RoYO!
22-06-2013, 07:45 PM
20,000 is a lot of money, however would only equate to roughly 50 ST's. Shows how deep theyre asking the fans to dig

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Did we try and take Wilson on loan from Liverpool or did we try and sign him from Liverpool, I'm guessing the answer to both questions is no so I see no reason why PF will suddenly go after him now.

Hibercelona
22-06-2013, 07:49 PM

That will be 0.08% of their debt cleared off then. :boo hoo:

Oh wait, none of that money is actually going towards the debt figure itself, so make that 0.00%.

greenpaper55
22-06-2013, 07:49 PM
The yams have an answer to all their problems it's .....JJ

check this out especially the first bit, they are off their rockers !.

"I think we are passed the point of expecting to challenge for the league next season, just being in existence would probably suit many fans.

No disrespect to Gary Locke but i think we need a heavy weight fotball manager with us now and someone who just like Gary cares passionately about the club to ensure we at least have a fighting chance of hawling back the 15 points with a young squad.

I want JJ to return to Tunecastle to work with Gary to get as ahead of the wee team by October. I think it will prompt a number of fans to buy season tickets who are perhaps sitting on the fence at the moment and will add further steam to the powerful movement that continues to build momentum.

We need a safe pair of hands. JJ, I want you back. ".

Iggy Pope
22-06-2013, 07:52 PM

Surely we would have heard? Surely.

CyberSauzee
22-06-2013, 07:53 PM

"I think we are passed the point of expecting to challenge for the league next season, just being in existence would probably suit many fans.

No disrespect to Gary Locke but i think we need a heavy weight fotball manager with us now and someone who just like Gary cares passionately about the club to ensure we at least have a fighting chance of hawling back the 15 points with a young squad.

I want JJ to return to Tunecastle to work with Gary to get as ahead of the wee team by October. I think it will prompt a number of fans to buy season tickets who are perhaps sitting on the fence at the moment and will add further steam to the powerful movement that continues to build momentum.

He might be right there. The Yams first team could well be lining up against our reserves in the East of Scotland League next season.

Treadstone
22-06-2013, 07:55 PM

Perspective needed shezer.

That's Jamie Hamills gross wage for a month!:aok:

Or put another way, if they pay Hamill his salary this month, they have given him £20k for sitting on the couch eating a family sized bag of Cheesy Puffs.

wazoo1875
22-06-2013, 07:56 PM

This has to be one of our own taking the piss surely. Either that or the loonies are running the show over there. Some of them are incredibly dense indeed.

...WentToMowAnSPL
22-06-2013, 07:57 PM

Hearts don't pay gross wages ....ask Hector !

Apparently PAYE is optional to big clubs !

ballengeich
22-06-2013, 08:03 PM
So 24 hours after 500 were sold, in the first 24 hours, "close to 500 had attempted to buy tickets".

The way I heard it the administrator was suggesting some problem with credit cards which they were trying to sort out. Could the card companies be refusing to handle their business?

judas
22-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Forgive me if this obvious statement of fact has been identified by a fellow member, but is the main objective of an administrator, not to establish a solution that is in the best interests of creditors.

On this basis, why would BDO give a stuff about the hearts fans? And how do these fans know that their money won't go to creditors one way or another.

Dunderhall
22-06-2013, 08:06 PM

What about agent Vlad?

Ah, I get your point. :wink:

jdships
22-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Surely the next big problem is going to be that once Jackson & Co have got the CVA out of the road and a " buyer" in place there requires to be a substantial amount of working capital made available along with guaranteed cash flow .
OK saying " we will buy the club" but to operate it on a strong financial basis is another matter .

The "ABBA " song comes to mind !!!

In my dreams I have a plan
If I got me a wealthy man
A man like that is hard to find
but I can't get him off my mind
Ain't it sad

Kojock
22-06-2013, 08:08 PM

Twice as long from the middle to one end

Peevemor
22-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Twice as long from the middle to one end

Unless your name is Barry Anderson and Hearts tell you otherwise.

God Petrie
22-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Does anyone have the lance Armstrong 5-1 pic. Think it's photoshopped but need it for baiting purposes.

McD
22-06-2013, 08:40 PM
I can understand why credit card companies and finance companies wouldn't want to touch anything hearts related due to concerns about charge backs, likelihood of payment reaching maturation, but why wouldn't they be able to take/process debit card payments? Surely the money is in the specific dafty's account, so there shouldn't be any reason that its only cash or cheque? :confused:

robinp
22-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Does anyone have the lance Armstrong 5-1 pic. Think it's photoshopped but need it for baiting purposes.

Its not a 5-1 picture its him showing how many TDF titles he had by doping (at that time).

Edit: Google images search lance armstrong 6, there's a few.

CropleyWasGod
22-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Surely the next big problem is going to be that once Jackson & Co have got the CVA out of the road and a " buyer" in place there requires to be a substantial amount of working capital made available along with guaranteed cash flow .
OK saying " we will buy the club" but to operate it on a strong financial basis is another matter .

The "ABBA " song comes to mind !!!

In my dreams I have a plan
If I got me a wealthy man
A man like that is hard to find
but I can't get him off my mind
Ain't it sad

Said it a few times on here. The CVA is the easy bit. The hard bit is satisfying the secured creditor(s).

CropleyWasGod
22-06-2013, 08:45 PM
I can understand why credit card companies and finance companies wouldn't want to touch anything hearts related due to concerns about charge backs, likelihood of payment reaching maturation, but why wouldn't they be able to take/process debit card payments? Surely the money is in the specific dafty's account, so there shouldn't be any reason that its only cash or cheque? :confused:

The bank might not get paid.

hibbymick
22-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Would it be wrong to suggest that the remaining chairmen in the SPL shouldve been prepared for the Hearts demise and cut their cloth accordingly, after all we all knew it was coming. :cb

CropleyWasGod
22-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Would it be wrong to suggest that the remaining chairmen in the SPL shouldve been prepared for the Hearts demise and cut their cloth accordingly, after all we all knew it was coming. :cb

Judging by Neil Doncaster's recent comments, the SPL have been all over this for a while. However, they are bound by their own rules and have acted accordingly thus far.

rossc
22-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Said it a few times on here. The CVA is the easy bit. The hard bit is satisfying the secured creditor(s).

are hmrc not the next biggest creditor though?

they dont do deals

CropleyWasGod
22-06-2013, 08:53 PM
are hmrc not the next biggest creditor though?

they dont do deals

We don't know that yet. We also don't know the extent of the secured creditors.

The use of the word "easy" was in a relative sense. I should have said "easiest". :cb

Caversham Green
22-06-2013, 08:55 PM

Bear in mind that all this money they are or are not raising is only going towards keeping the lights on. If they achieve that they then have to find a buyer who is willing to pay enough to satisfy the liquidators of both Ukio and UBIG and finance the shortfall that will result from having already spent all of next season's ST money. If they manage that they're lumbered with a squad that's significantly weaker than the one that finished 10th last season and they can't sign any new players. And they're already 15 points behind the rest of the league.

The steps look braw though.

bighairyfaeleith
22-06-2013, 08:56 PM

Bang on the money. Hibs and every other club simply have to cut back if our income goes down due to a club like hearts/rangers going under, cut your wage bill to compensate for the loss of income. It's simple really, the only complication is how soon you can make the cut but if you are prudently run then you will be able to make the cash back over a three year period once you cut your cloth.

Baldy
22-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Bear in mind that all this money they are or are not raising is only going towards keeping the lights on. If they achieve that they then have to find a buyer who is willing to pay enough to satisfy the liquidators of both Ukio and UBIG and finance the shortfall that will result from having already spent all of next season's ST money. If they manage that they're lumbered with a squad that's significantly weaker than the one that finished 10th last season and they can't sign any new players. And they're already 15 points behind the rest of the league.

the simple one liners are sometimes the best:top marks

Sergey
22-06-2013, 09:02 PM
We don't know that yet. We also don't know the extent of the secured creditors.

The use of the word "easy" was in a relative sense. I should have said "easiest". :cb

And given the criminal investigations going on in LT - Tynecastle could well be caught up in a seizure of 'Proceeds of Crime Act' and that will take years to sort out.

Hibercelona
22-06-2013, 09:04 PM

http://nationalpostsports.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/armstrong6.jpg

Treadstone
22-06-2013, 09:13 PM

This.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Yams have been given a fish and are also being beaten black and blue with the rod.

Sanger
22-06-2013, 09:14 PM

Are you a Zjambo mole or have not read all 770 pages of this thread I detail?

Oscar T Grouch
22-06-2013, 09:16 PM
I know it's like shooting fish in a barrell, but hooked a yam on FB by posting this after the usual carp from them (pun intended to escape swear filter:wink:)

Honestly cannae see the yams survive this one, finally getting their comeuppance for all those years living out with their means. 3000 ST need to be sold in 14 days, thats just to get them to the start of the season, than a season with a signing ban 24 players available for selection and -15 points. this is of course if the administrators can guarantee the SPFL that they can complete their fixtures. To come out of admin they have to settle the bil/securityl for tynie (6.5mill) get cash together for a CVA, and have cash to finish the season. The walk ups will be far less cause of the extra 3000 ST sold. So aye jambos, have your 1-5 and your 1902, but just remember this, your kids and your grandkids will support Hibs the only team in Edinburgh, and the only sign of hertz will be bitter old jambos in the pub holding up their two hands signalling 1-5, ya bunch o **** muppets. Was the exsistance of your club worth it? hahahahahahahaha

been flinging insults my way, nae proper arguements, I'm a junkie, Leith is full of them don't cha know?!? Really touched a nerve with this one:greengrin, it is too easy the now, but soooo much fun :big grin::hilarious:rotflmao:

Treadstone
22-06-2013, 09:19 PM

Posters on here as recently as three weeks ago thinking they may come out 'unscathed'.:LOL:

Unbelievable. It wasn't even Sandy K (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?247788-Financial-meltdown-(BDO-appointed-as-HMFC-administrators)&p=3639732&highlight=#post3639732).

Dashing Bob S
22-06-2013, 09:21 PM
And given the criminal investigations going on in LT - Tynecastle could well be caught up in a seizure of 'Proceeds of Crime Act' and that will take years to sort out.

This the really exciting part in my opinion.

Liquidation is inevitable at some point. The issue is a) when and b) how long it takes them to come back afterwards.

This represents the perfect storm, the potential 'Third Lanark' scenario.

Hibercelona
22-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Posters on here as recently as three weeks ago thinking they may come out 'unscathed'.:LOL:

Unbelievable. It wasn't even Sandy K (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?247788-Financial-meltdown-(BDO-appointed-as-HMFC-administrators)&p=3639732&highlight=#post3639732).

They do happen to be very jammy bassas though.

Any other club would have died a long time ago.

Dashing Bob S
22-06-2013, 09:27 PM
It's not all bad news for the Yams.

Despite Rangers/Sevco having a years start in the admin stakes, they are within touching distance of catching them up on this thread.

Sergey
22-06-2013, 09:31 PM
This the really exciting part in my opinion.

Liquidation is inevitable at some point. The issue is a) when and b) how long it takes them to come back afterwards.

This represents the perfect storm, the potential 'Third Lanark' scenario.

The fact is, Robert - The UBIG assets were frozen for a reason. Not on some two-bob whim that could see them (UBIG/Ukio/Yambolinos®) out of the mire in a few weeks - this is terminal and corrupt.

BDO are going to have to come clean in the next few days as to their exact financial position, and no amount of cakes and scones will suffice to see them through.

I'm going to take my Jambo mate out for a few gins :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
22-06-2013, 09:31 PM
ha ha ha ha admins can we keep this one please..

:lolyam:

Sorry, gotta reply to this beazer of a post:

All this from your team full of loanees who you can't afford, including a player who has single-handedly kept you in the SPL for two seasons in a row. And the wages you are paying that you can't afford also? If you take one glance at your year end accounts you will see that where you're leaking money. It's borrowed money, A DEBT!

Hearts aren't a patch on the present Hibs team!? When you are without your only player, a player who scored 23 league goals yet you still managed to almost end up in a relegation fight - certainly showed relegation form from Xmas onwards. Hearts have a poor squad now, but it is still on par with the Hibs squad.

Open your eyes gents and ladies - you, and the vast majority of SPL clubs, are just one click away from being in a financial predicament that puts your very exisistance in danger. Until you are making money (not losing it as Hibs are) come back and give me your fake moral high ground. Vlad was idiotic with his approach to running Hearts, and we are where we are. We'll ride this out - may even come back stronger - we'll just have to wait and see won't we.

One team in Edinburgh???

YOU WISH!!

oh Sandy!
You came and you gave without taking
Will we send you away? oh Sandy!

alibucharest
22-06-2013, 09:36 PM
I know it's like shooting fish in a barrell, but hooked a yam on FB by posting this after the usual carp from them (pun intended to escape swear filter:wink:)

Honestly cannae see the yams survive this one, finally getting their comeuppance for all those years living out with their means. 3000 ST need to be sold in 14 days, thats just to get them to the start of the season, than a season with a signing ban 24 players available for selection and -15 points. this is of course if the administrators can guarantee the SPFL that they can complete their fixtures. To come out of admin they have to settle the bil/securityl for tynie (6.5mill) get cash together for a CVA, and have cash to finish the season. The walk ups will be far less cause of the extra 3000 ST sold. So aye jambos, have your 1-5 and your 1902, but just remember this, your kids and your grandkids will support Hibs the only team in Edinburgh, and the only sign of hertz will be bitter old jambos in the pub holding up their two hands signalling 1-5, ya bunch o **** muppets. Was the exsistance of your club worth it? hahahahahahahaha

been flinging insults my way, nae proper arguements, I'm a junkie, Leith is full of them don't cha know?!? Really touched a nerve with this one:greengrin, it is too easy the now, but soooo much fun :big grin::hilarious:rotflmao:

Never dawned on me before but that would be an absolute knife in the heart(s) :agree::giruy:

hibees 7062
22-06-2013, 09:38 PM
would you be interested in selling it?

Not allowed to mate sorry . They only got so many cause they thought they wouldnt sell them

hibbymick
22-06-2013, 09:40 PM
oh Sandy!
You came and you gave without taking
Will we send you away? oh Sandy!

SANDY.....what an appropriate name for a jambo.

wazoo1875
http://m.gumtree.com/v?adId=1022501785

Thought this was quite amusing !

Treadstone

Not really Hibercelona. The process being followed is pretty near as outlined by our financial insight posters on here making it easier to understand. They may have took a different route but essentially are on the same road as predicted by these guys. Impatience seems to be the biggest factor in thinking that the Yams may thwart their anticipated conclusion but again our 'in the know' guys have reasoned to why such things are likely to happen. They have been pretty much bang on so far so I for one am ready to trust their opinion to see this through.:cb

CropleyWasGod
22-06-2013, 09:42 PM

Most other clubs are smaller than Hearts. That's why they have lasted longer than Motherwell, Livi, Dundee, Airdrie etc.

matty_f
22-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Ewan Murray on twitter says £170k of the £800k needed for wages raised so far.

I actualy think they'll sell the 3k season tickets required. I don't think that'll be enough to save them though.

They'd be better saving the money now and giving it to whatever their club looks like after the dust settles.

wazoo1875
22-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Most other clubs are smaller than Hearts. That's why they have lasted longer than Motherwell, Livi, Dundee, Airdrie etc.

Most? Dontcha mean all ;-)

Treadstone
22-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Ewan Murray on twitter says £170k of the £800k needed for wages raised so far.

I actualy think they'll sell the 3k season tickets required. I don't think that'll be enough to save them though.

They'd be better saving the money now and giving it to whatever their club looks like after the dust settles.

You left out the juicy bit.

Ewan Murray ‏@mrewanmurray (https://twitter.com/mrewanmurray)1h (https://twitter.com/mrewanmurray/status/348536924664901632)
Believe 170k in new Hearts bank account by today. And a salary bill, post cuts, of £800,000. And a number of total chancers circling...

Salary bill £800k!!! :dead:

mutley
22-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Would love him to sign. 10% because he's a decent defender on his day. 90% because the puddle drinkers would be sick as parrots. Immature and childish, I know.

In a way, I feel the same, however, in the current climate I think the money spent could be used on someone better ( we still need strikers)

Dunderhall
22-06-2013, 09:54 PM

There is also the debit card chargeback scheme to consider.
Most banks participate,but not all, as the scheme is voluntary, it doesn't have the legal status of section 75 for credit cards.
However it is broadly similar to the credit card cover in that you can claim for goods not delivered, damaged or not as described.
It has an advantage over credit cards in that the goods limit of £100 doesn't apply, so you are better using a debit card for low cost items, say a single match ticket in the yams case.

mutley
22-06-2013, 09:55 PM

That's brilliant

Col2
22-06-2013, 09:56 PM

Ewan Murray ‏@mrewanmurray (https://twitter.com/mrewanmurray)1h (https://twitter.com/mrewanmurray/status/348536924664901632)
Believe 170k in new Hearts bank account by today. And a salary bill, post cuts, of £800,000. And a number of total chancers circling...

So that's approx 650 season tickets. 150 more today. Hardly earth shattering. I bet they were expecting long queues and a tidal wave of renewals!!

hfc rd
22-06-2013, 10:00 PM
In a way, I feel the same, however, in the current climate I think the money spent could be used on someone better ( we still need strikers)

This. I wouldn't mind him at all but we definitely need to get 2 strikers signed and would rather see that cash going towards that.

Waxy
22-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Well bleak was the word used to describe their situation. I like that word. Bleak.

CallumLaidlaw
22-06-2013, 10:04 PM
So that's approx 650 season tickets. 150 more today. Hardly earth shattering. I bet they were expecting long queues and a tidal wave of renewals!!

My prediction - It'll die down until Thursday then I reckon they'll sell another 1500 over next weekend due to people getting paid at the end/beginning of the month, but that'll be their lot, about £300k short

clerriehibs
22-06-2013, 10:12 PM
My prediction - It'll die down until Thursday then I reckon they'll sell another 1500 over next weekend due to people getting paid at the end/beginning of the month, but that'll be their lot, about £300k short

If that is how it pans out, and it seems likely, the administrators will call it a success. Anything less than half their announced target would have been a problem for them.

Dibben
22-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Despite a slow start, the news is starting to reach foreign lands...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=l58Rk42GjMo&feature=youtube_gdata_player&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dl58Rk42GjMo%26feature%3 Dyoutube_gdata_player

monktonharp
22-06-2013, 10:14 PM
I think hibs fans did step up to the plate last season, our attendances increased despite the fact that we had one of our worst seasons in years culminating in an embarrassing defeat in the cup final. Hibs fans are amongst the most loyal fans in the country, I can't think of another team that has had as many kickings as us and still came back for more.:agree:I've thought that, for many years. some may say more fool you, but I think it's a whole lot more than that kind of thinking. I think the average Hibs fan has a determination to see our club survive despite everything that's been thrown at us over the years. many,many dissapointments at cup finals/semis etc and being laughed at by OF fans and clubs when taking our best talent at the most hurtful times over many years. and of course the Mercer years and we are still here, in a better position than almost all other clubs, while our bitter rivals can only try to make snidey remarks about the Scottish cup..... we shall overcome, not so sure about them though.I do also think that we will surpass our ST numbers a lot more than some suggest. only today I spoke to a couple of guys that are determined even more that they will be assisting and encouraging family members to "make the pledge" and get a ST.!

hibby rae
22-06-2013, 10:19 PM

My cousin claims they've taken 300k in the last 48 hours. No idea what his source is though.

Stevie Reid
22-06-2013, 10:27 PM

Any one of those pictures is fair game now. Without a shadow of a doubt, the most pathetic thing I have EVER read was when a mate showed me a Jambo who had posted on Facebook after the last game of the season saying "Hahaha! Hibs finished on 51 points! You couldn't make it up!!'"

The fact that the - 15 points is 5-1 in reverse is almost poetic.

Stevie Reid
22-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Any one of those pictures is fair game now. Without a shadow of a doubt, the most pathetic thing I have EVER read was when a mate showed me a Jambo who had posted on Facebook after the last game of the season saying "Hahaha! Hibs finished on 51 points! You couldn't make it up!!'"

The fact that the - 15 points is 5-1 in reverse is almost poetic.

I should add that I duly informed my mate that if we're playing that game, to point out that we finished SEVEN points above them.

Stevie Reid
22-06-2013, 10:37 PM
His transfer was always astonishing in that not only had Hearts not actually signed him and obviously hadn't the money to do so, but also in why Wilson was so eager to commit himself to a new club so soon when he would attract numerous offers over the summer as soon as Liverpool made it known that he was available.

Technofob
22-06-2013, 10:38 PM

Quite funny there was an advert for Stork marg at the bottom with the tag line 'helping Britain bake better since 1920'!!!!!!

cabbageandribs1875
22-06-2013, 10:58 PM
mullen - naw

wilson - naw

webster - aye

poolman
22-06-2013, 11:20 PM

Shirley nobody is thick as that

Must be a wind up

SurferRosa
22-06-2013, 11:25 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/gordon-mckie-heading-consortium-to-buy-hearts-1-2973889?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/gordon-mckie-heading-consortium-to-buy-hearts-1-2973889?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it)

Gordon McKie?

CropleyWasGod
22-06-2013, 11:28 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/gordon-mckie-heading-consortium-to-buy-hearts-1-2973889?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/gordon-mckie-heading-consortium-to-buy-hearts-1-2973889?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it)

Gordon McKie?

I was at school with him. He's a decent guy.

SurferRosa
22-06-2013, 11:32 PM

This could be serious and credible bidders then?

Stevie Reid
22-06-2013, 11:34 PM

Gordon McKie?

Would like to hear more about his turbulent eight months in Hong Kong.

CropleyWasGod
22-06-2013, 11:35 PM
This could be serious and credible bidders then?

Could be.... but, as he says, it could die a death.

He seems to have a figure in mind. Whether that's enough for the creditors is anyone's guess.

CropleyWasGod
22-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Would like to hear more about his turbulent eight months in Hong Kong.

http://www.scmp.com/article/1002239/my-links-clubs-fell-apart-says-mckie

wazoo1875
22-06-2013, 11:38 PM

Can you tell me offhand, do these consortiums ever work CWG? How wealthy can these guys be to need to go into something like this mob handed, they're going to need a hell of a lot of cash to keep Hearts just above the breadline given the nick of Tynie and their lack of a proper infrastructure. The only way I can see this working would be a long term strategy and given the length of time it's taken Hibs to get where we are today, I can see the powderpuff pinks being up in arms before 3 or 4 seasons are done.

SurferRosa
22-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Could be.... but, as he says, it could die a death.

He seems to have a figure in mind. Whether that's enough for the creditors is anyone's guess.

True. It was always going to come down to how much the Liths are prepared to accept and how much any consortium is prepared to lose.

.....and how long UBIGs assets remain frozen of course. Guess we`ll find out in the coming weeks..

CropleyWasGod
22-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Can you tell me offhand, do these consortiums ever work CWG? How wealthy can these guys be to need to go into something like this mob handed, they're going to need a hell of a lot of cash to keep Hearts just above the breadline given the nick of Tynie and their lack of a proper infrastructure. The only way I can see this working would be a long term strategy and given the length of time it's taken Hibs to get where we are today, I can see the powderpuff pinks being up in arms before 3 or 4 seasons are done.

They can work if they're structured properly. But, as with any collection of "successful" people, it can be difficult to avoid egos getting in the way. The more there are, the more difficult it becomes. Conversely, the more there are, the less money each is putting in.

What GM says is that they aren't in it for the money, and that is a positive for them.

rcarter1
22-06-2013, 11:46 PM

Sounds perfect.

shezer
23-06-2013, 12:11 AM
How dare you!!!That's a sick question to ask a fellow poster on hibs.net. Ya freak :spider:

Hearts seem to get good(favourable) coverage.Why?

I'm preparing myself for the worst. Last year Rangers were in serious trouble and I thought that was that.No more rangers, but somehow those tramps managed to go to division 3 and keep all their(cheated) titles and history.

wazoo1875
23-06-2013, 12:21 AM
They can work if they're structured properly. But, as with any collection of "successful" people, it can be difficult to avoid egos getting in the way. The more there are, the more difficult it becomes. Conversely, the more there are, the less money each is putting in.

What GM says is that they aren't in it for the money, and that is a positive for them.
Thanks for that. That's what I was thinking about egos and such. It's easy for guys to fall out in a high pissing contest ! I realise they don't have to put so much into it but you just can't see them all singing off the same hymn sheet over a long period of time. While it may be good for them as a short fix ie. 2 to 3 years, inevitably they'll be looking for something different again. Would I be right in saying this ?
Ps I really do know nothing of this sort of thing :-)

hibees 7062
23-06-2013, 12:31 AM

Gordon McKie?
I don't know them all he said . Now thats a consortium :greengrin

shezer
23-06-2013, 12:47 AM

Or put another way, if they pay Hamill his salary this month, they have given him £20k for sitting on the couch eating a family sized bag of Cheesy Puffs.
:greengrin Put like that. That's pleasing

Springbank
23-06-2013, 12:57 AM

BDO : show us your money

ConsortiYam : aww no-one told us you'd need money

BDO : Good day gentlemen

crewetollhibee
23-06-2013, 03:35 AM

Gordon McKie?

Check the reader's comment from 'Gers in Canada'. 'walk away from the debt over Tynecastle; let the rest go hang'. Jeezo.........

The Green Goblin
23-06-2013, 03:40 AM
That question from Bathgate was utterly pathetic. What a total desperate fud.

I'm now actually hoping they last a few more months, somehow, before they pop once and for all, just long enough for us to hand out two all-time record humiliations in the derby.

We want 8...

We want 8...

Phil D. Rolls
23-06-2013, 05:05 AM
“We’ve done a lot of diligence. Given my background in rugby and sport I know what I’m doing.

Yes, but how are you with submarines?

We’re not a bunch of spivs. The people around me are reputable, credible and individually wealthy and have Hearts best interests at heart because most of them are Hearts supporters. I don’t know them all, but I know some of them. These guys keep good company. They are like-minded souls who haven’t enjoyed reading and hearing about what has happened at Tynecastle in recent times.

Must be OK then, what's his name, "Mr." What?

Hibs07p
23-06-2013, 05:07 AM

Gordon McKie?

This updated story goes a bit more in depth,

http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/sport/football/hearts-administration-gordon-mckie-hopes-for-club-1-2973951

talking about shared ground with Edinburgh rugby at a later phase, ( David Murray planning application / Edinburgh City Council bending over backwards, anyone?), but my opinion regarding this report, indicates they want a quick sale of the club, (leaving Tynecastle behind), and getting Hearts out of admin before the transfer window closes, so that the cheating can start as soon as possible. I assume Murrayfield could be back on the agenda very soon as alternative temporary accommodation.
GGTTH

Viva_Palmeiras
23-06-2013, 05:29 AM

Any good consortium needs a name.

pheonix knights or the Anthill Mob for me.

Sanger
23-06-2013, 05:55 AM

http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/sport/football/hearts-administration-gordon-mckie-hopes-for-club-1-2973951

talking about shared ground with Edinburgh rugby at a later phase, ( David Murray planning application / Edinburgh City Council bending over backwards, anyone?), but my opinion regarding this report, indicates they want a quick sale of the club, (leaving Tynecastle behind), and getting Hearts out of admin before the transfer window closes, so that the cheating can start as soon as possible. I assume Murrayfield could be back on the agenda very soon as alternative temporary accommodation.
GGTTH
Yes oversaw the financial collapse of Scottish rugby and had 8 turbulent months at Hong Kong Rugby. Sounds just the man for the job!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007NLFJFU/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

Springbank
23-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Any good consortium needs a name.

pheonix knights or the Anthill Mob for me.

But will Scott Wilson be replaced by DJ Ray Vaughan?
Shabby!

Spike Mandela
23-06-2013, 06:04 AM

GGTTH

The SFA sanctioned Dunfermline with an embargo till the end ofthe year for entering administration, even the SFA couldn't treat a member club differently so soon after sanctioning Dunfermline, could they?:confused:

jacomo
23-06-2013, 06:49 AM

GGTTH

Oh, this sounds like Brian Kennedy... And then he mentions his connection to Brian Kennedy in the article.

Quantum!

brog
23-06-2013, 07:07 AM
This.

Yams have been given a fish and are also being beaten black and blue with the rod.

Sounds like another Chuck Green looking to make a quick buck. This time last year he was spending all his time in HK trying to buy Oldco, now he's a Yam! Suspect he may be one of the chancers circling the wagons. Note he also met BDO before BDO made statement re no credible bid!!
PS, where have all the Scandis gone?

Part/Time Supporter
23-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Two interesting bits in the papers...

One mentioned above, the desire on part of at least one bidder (presumably the McKie group) to get out of administration before 31 August to give them a better chance of avoiding relegation. I think the SFA/SPL will have something to say about that... Dunfermline went into administration in early April and have been put under embargo until 31 December (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22470071). The problem with this kind of suggestion for Hearts is that it suggests the bid is kind of conditional on being able to sign players pre-31 August - either they will reduce the price offered or withdraw completely. At least two groups withdrew simply because they went into administration and had the 15 points deducted.

Second one is that Tom English suggests that the Lithuanians' value on Hearts is £8M: £5.5M for the PBS and 10p in the £ for the debt (£2.5M). Although he attaches the rider that "accuracy is not at all clear". Hidden well down in the article linked below. This is significant because I haven't really seen before a figure given before of what the Lithuanians might be looking for.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/hearts-administration-gordon-mckie-hopes-for-club-1-2973951

As for the ticket sales / costs, I think they'll raise enough to keep the doors open long enough for bids to be made and considered. Novikovas has signed for a German second division club which *may* entitle them to compensation. The £800K figure for salary costs Ewan Murray tweeted I believe would be an annual player budget figure now, given that their squad now is mostly youths who won't be on >£50K pa.

It doesn't really matter whether they sell more than 3000 or a bit less than 3000, the question is getting enough cash in place to pay a bit of wages, keep HMRC happy and paying any other suppliers on demand. They don't necessarily need huge amounts to do that now, with costs reduced by the administrators. The only danger of immediate liquidation would have been if there had been hardly any response at all to Jackson's appeal on Thursday evening. The greater danger is if the Lithuanians' asking price remains stubbornly high relative to what bidders may offer (see above).

TrinityHibs
23-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Now we know where the share money went

http://www.aol.co.uk/video/ultraluxury-private-submarine-comes-with-a-pool/517808830/

Moon unit
23-06-2013, 07:19 AM
As i have said previously, These Roasters will get away with this!...as usual they fall in the SH 1 T and come up smelling of roses!..too many are painting the doomsday scenario, but my sneaking feeling is that they will wriggle out of it, and they will be back with their billy big Baw's ways ... Big club etc etc!!!. I dont think the administrators are being ruthless enough in the pursuit of the truth!
if edinburgh Council help them out over this matter....I will be finished with Scottish football..end of!
:confused:

IWasThere2016
23-06-2013, 07:21 AM
£8m for the liabilities that are their trading position - no cash purchased either - and the disaster area that is PBS!

That's gonna take some seriously mental multi-millionare to step forward.

Roll up, roll up :faf:

Col2
23-06-2013, 07:23 AM

One mentioned above, the desire on part of at least one bidder (presumably the McKie group) to get out of administration before 31 August to give them a better chance of avoiding relegation. I think the SFA/SPL will have something to say about that... Dunfermline went into administration in early April and have been put under embargo until 31 December (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22470071). The problem with this kind of suggestion for Hearts is that it suggests the bid is kind of conditional on being able to sign players pre-31 August - either they will reduce the price offered or withdraw completely. At least two groups withdrew simply because they went into administration and had the 15 points deducted.

Second one is that Tom English suggests that the Lithuanians' value on Hearts is £8M: £5.5M for the PBS and 10p in the £ for the debt (£2.5M). Although he attaches the rider that "accuracy is not at all clear". Hidden well down in the article linked below. This is significant because I haven't really seen before a figure given before of what the Lithuanians might be looking for.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/hearts-administration-gordon-mckie-hopes-for-club-1-2973951

Spot on PTS.

Les just say for arguments sake then any new bidder needs to find c£6.5-7m to purchase club, stadium etc and achieve a CVA.

They would also need additional c£2m extra working capital to see them through the season.

They would need to pay BDO as part of deal - say £0.5m.

So that's between £9-£10m cash investment. There is not a business case that exists that would give them payback o this investment even over 10 years.

Col2
23-06-2013, 07:25 AM
As i have said previously, These Roasters will get away with this!...as usual they fall in the SH 1 T and come up smelling of roses!..too many are painting the doomsday scenario, but my sneaking feeling is that they will wriggle out of it, and they will be back with their billy big Baw's ways ... Big club etc etc!!!. I dont think the administrators are being ruthless enough in the pursuit of the truth!
if edinburgh Council help them out over this matter....I will be finished with Scottish football..end of!

Bollocks. Golden rule. Don't listen to the media spin. Listen to BDO and Hibs.net. The most accurate source of info.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-06-2013, 07:25 AM

As for the ticket sales / costs, I think they'll raise enough to keep the doors open long enough for bids to be made and considered. Novikovas has signed for a German second division club which *may* entitle them to compensation. The £800K figure for salary costs Ewan Murray tweeted I believe would be an annual player budget figure now, given that their squad now is mostly youths who won't be on >£50K pa.

It doesn't really matter whether they sell more than 3000 or a bit less than 3000, the question is getting enough cash in place to pay a bit of wages, keep HMRC happy and paying any other suppliers on demand. They don't necessarily need huge amounts to do that now, with costs reduced post-administration. The only danger of immediate liquidation would have been if there had been hardly any response at all to Jackson's appeal on Thursday evening. The greater danger is if the Lithuanian's asking price remains stubbornly high relative to what bidders may offer (see above).

"[BDO] need to evaluate what is real and what isn’t."

There are things real and things unreal and in between is The Hearts ;)

Treadstone
23-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Oh, this sounds like Brian Kennedy... And then he mentions his connection to Brian Kennedy in the article.

Quantum!

Brian Kennedy is like one of those guys who confesses to murders he has not committed.

Total publicity junkie.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-06-2013, 07:34 AM
My take on all this McKie's Anthill mob ...

Vlad knew when he was schmoozing around Embra getting introduced and doors opened by That's All Foulkes and Co. that he could make interesting contacts in the political circles and inancial sector to help him and his banking operations plus they come in handy in the end game when he'd have them by the short and curlies know who they were, their worth and loyalty to the Yams when the chips are down. Handy. But it appears to have been a long drawn out game of brinkmanship where Vlads bluff has in effect been called through "events dear boy". So now what's done is done they're having to pick up the pieces but is it too little to late and would they pick up a bargain or a basket case?

s.a.m
23-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Brian Kennedy is like one of those guys who confesses to murders he has not committed.

Total publicity junkie.

:thumbsup:

YehButNoBut
I would imagine he will end up back at Rangers. :agree:

hibsbollah
£8m for the liabilities that are their trading position - no cash purchased either - and the disaster area that is PBS!

That's gonna take some seriously mental multi-millionare to step forward.

Roll up, roll up :faf:

Nonsense. It'll just take £5 million to buy the club off Vlad, then the new owner will get a CVA 'just like Rangers did' paying the creditors off at 10p in the pound.

At least, this is what my yam workmate said last week, and with a straight face told me he was off to buy a Euromillions ticket :aok:

Treadstone
23-06-2013, 07:52 AM
Nonsense. It'll just take £5 million to buy the club off Vlad, then the new owner will get a CVA 'just like Rangers did' paying the creditors off at 10p in the pound.

At least, this is what my yam workmate said last week, and with a straight face told me he was off to buy a Euromillions ticket :aok:

I've heard a better one. £2m for club and stadium, nae debt and payable over a number of years...oh wait thats FoH plan.:crazy:

degenerated
23-06-2013, 08:14 AM
"[BDO] need to evaluate what is real and what isn’t."

There are things real and things unreal and in between is The Hearts ;)

:agree:
http://youtu.be/jtkUO8NpI84

Hibercelona
23-06-2013, 08:24 AM
I've heard a better one. £2m for club and stadium, nae debt and payable over a number of years...oh wait thats FoH plan.:crazy:

I've got an even better one.

"Gee us our club for nowt with all the assets..... and wae wint naen of the debt either".

CropleyWasGod
23-06-2013, 08:34 AM
The administrator has been in post a few days. ....what would you have them do?

Diclonius
23-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Now we know where the share money went

http://www.aol.co.uk/video/ultraluxury-private-submarine-comes-with-a-pool/517808830/

Not that I'm doubting the content of the link, but.. AOL still exists?

Waxy
23-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Jambo pal says admin is great.Debt free at the start of the season he said.All we need to do is get 15 more points than Partick he says.Should be easy he said.Partick are rotten he said.Wow i thought.

lucky
23-06-2013, 08:43 AM

Strange post, they have already been hit. 15 points down before a ball is kicked. If they get out of administration its nothing to do with anyone in football. If the Liths accept 10p in the pound then that's there decision. Also no chance of the council helping them out

greenpaper55
23-06-2013, 08:45 AM
I wonder why the HSE are bringing this up at this moment in time

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/major-safety-fears-tynecastle-stadium-1983367

On the one hand it scuppers any plans of a new stand but it also throws a spanner in the works of someone building on the PBS site. It would seem that there are unseen hands at work who have the yams interest at heart.