PDA

View Full Version : Yams Share Transfers Agreed/Cooling off period

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190

Off the bar
19-10-2012, 05:30 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hearts/195683-john-mcglynn-hearts-are-going-through-most-difficult-period-in-40-years/

:lolyam::lolyam::lolyam::lolyam:

"If you're a Hearts fan you can't be feeling that comfortable. You have to realise that.

He said: "I don't think there's any guarantees.
"You don't have to be the brains of Britain, do you? They've not got enough money in the bank to pay you.

straight from the horses mouth, worrying quotes if your a maroonsevco fan.

You never know our luck this thread could end up as long and amusing as the sevco implosion thread! this is (hopefuly) the start of a long period of dominance over them

:lolyam:

Sergey
19-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Lifted this from the UBIG website. They really did spin things well.

In recent years, tickets for Hearts home matches in this stadium, which accommodates approximately 17,500 football fans, have been sold out early in advance of the season. For this reason, the reconstruction of Tynecastle Stadium, seeking to increase its capacity, rearrange its accesses, and increase the stadium infrastructure to satisfy the various needs of the spectators, is one of the main real estate projects currently being implemented by UBIG.

They don't have a pot to pi$$ in!

ScottB
19-10-2012, 05:43 PM
They are stuffed, that McGlynn statement smacks of that Iraqi who kept insisting things would be alright. How can the football side be ok? They can't pay the players!

Supraninja
19-10-2012, 05:48 PM
They are stuffed, that McGlynn statement smacks of that Iraqi who kept insisting things would be alright. How can the football side be ok? They can't pay the players!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXl1GkWWGmA

It's a shame it is in the context of a war because that guy really made me laugh.

ekhibee
19-10-2012, 05:57 PM
To be fair to McGlynn, I was listening to the start of sportsound this evening, and that twat Brian McLaughlin suggested to him that the SPL should maybe allow them to free up some money for players such as Rudi Skacel, and McGlynn dismissed it totally.

DC_Hibs
19-10-2012, 06:11 PM
To be fair to McGlynn, I was listening to the start of sportsound this evening, and that twat Brian McLaughlin suggested to him that the SPL should maybe allow them to free up some money for players such as Rudi Skacel, and McGlynn dismissed it totally.

So would Benny from Crossroads as they don't have any money to free up. The transfer embargo is pointless now Vlad has pulled the plug as they cannot afford currnet expenditure so will be signing nae cant.

Their current predicament is completely self inflicted as the entire paedo nation sat back and watched while Vlad accummulated debt over numerous years overspending quicker than they accummulated sex crime convictions.

Hibrandenburg
19-10-2012, 06:14 PM
"If you're a Hearts fan you can't be feeling that comfortable. You have to realise that.

He said: "I don't think there's any guarantees.
"You don't have to be the brains of Britain, do you? They've not got enough money in the bank to pay you.

straight from the horses mouth, worrying quotes if your a maroonsevco fan.

You never know our luck this thread could end up as long and amusing as the sevco implosion thread! this is (hopefuly) the start of a long period of dominance over them

:lolyam:

We'll hardly be able to dominate a club that plays in the East of Scotland Pub League. We won't even get cup games against them. Oh well, such is life :-)

green glory
19-10-2012, 06:21 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20001984

"By the end of play today". Well?

Maroonsevco.

Mikey
19-10-2012, 07:21 PM
:agree:, have to say even some of the more nauseating jambos seem to have woken this morning to the surprisingly strong aroma of coffee.

Difficult not to enjoy the paradigm shift from "GIRUY 5-1 likesay", "big team", "we owe it to ourselves" to:

"We need help to get through this, not punished. And by 'help' I don't mean hand-outs, I mean just a bit of understanding and patience."

Yes that's right my friends we - and others - need to help the wee lambs out apparently. The rod of iron which the pink hordes agreed everyone should use against the nasty, insolvent Rangers should not be used against them.

I look forward to the cap in hand, forelock tugging, obsequious pink hordes begging for a crumb from the glorious Hibernian table.

The Shat has every reason to be concerned. The very clubs that Maroonsevco have been cheating against for years now hold their future in their hands.

Phil D. Rolls
19-10-2012, 07:24 PM
The Shat has every reason to be concerned. The very clubs that Maroonsevco have been cheating against for years now hold their future in their hands.

The way they've been winning friends and influencing people these last few years they should be OK. A very popular club by all accounts.

Jack Hackett
19-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Wonga knew exactly what they were doing when they hooked up with this shower of sh***.

Massive and topical free advertising :greengrin

edit

I wonder if they've offered them 'mates rates'

BroxburnHibee
19-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Are they paid yet?

Mikey
19-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Are they paid yet?

You must have been a nightmare on a long journey as a kid :greengrin

No they haven't :wink:

Part/Time Supporter
19-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Are they paid yet?

They've shouted from the rooftops every time before when the overdue wages have been settled (as if they were due praise for fulfilling such a basic requirement of a professional football club).

:agree:

poolman
20-10-2012, 07:34 AM

They can stuff their "patience and understanding"

Bloody cheek, this is coming from a bunch of dorks with their "We are unbeatable" chants, teams like ourselves dont concern them because they will be challenging for the league title every season.

Dabating between Kevin Keegan and Bobby Robson as to who will take over as manager

New stadium, extra jobs for the locals, European League every season......we could go on and on

So as for that bunch of bampots wanting patience and understanding, as far as I'm concerned they can ram it right up their jacksy

McD
20-10-2012, 07:58 AM
They can stuff their "patience and understanding"

Bloody cheek, this is coming from a bunch of dorks with their "We are unbeatable" chants, teams like ourselves dont concern them because they will be challenging for the league title every season.

Dabating between Kevin Keegan and Bobby Robson as to who will take over as manager

New stadium, extra jobs for the locals, European League every season......we could go on and on

So as for that bunch of bampots wanting patience and understanding, as far as I'm concerned they can ram it right up their jacksy

:not worth

Rangers fans came out with the same type of pish several months ago, the SPL should be helping us not punishing us, etc. the SPL (powers) did try to bend over backwards to help Rangers until they realised that the fans wouldn't tolerate that.

in the yaks eyes, they're as big as rangers and as such, are due the same kind of institutional leeway and support..... They've got a long fall awaiting them

Kaiser1962
20-10-2012, 08:13 AM
If you look at Hearts income and expenditure they have a much bigger worry in that it appears all their income seems to swallowed up before they even pay wages.

While their stand alone income (£23,130m) does not cover the wage bill (£24,794m) (over the last three years that accounts are available) what would worry me more would be that it does not cover their running costs (£23.131m) either. In fact, over those three years, if Hearts had paid no wages at all they would still have lost money.

While they keep spouting the "we owe it to ourselves" mantra and go on about how great Vlad ("do you know he dosent charge us interest?") is, it seems to me that someone, somewhere is charging them a wad and it's time they grew a set and asked some pertinent questions.

They are at the moment spinning plates, and have been for a while now, but they cant keep this up.

weecounty hibby
20-10-2012, 08:24 AM
So any big proclamations yet? Or in Jambo world does a day have more than 24 hours? Or is close of play today just another load of pish spouted by them to try to pacify the players and idiot fans

greenginger
20-10-2012, 08:32 AM
So any big proclamations yet? Or in Jambo world does a day have more than 24 hours? Or is close of play today just another load of pish spouted by them to try to pacify the players and idiot fans

Just passed by the Pink Palace and no sign of any white smoke coming from the chimney so I guess the answers No ! :greengrin

Caversham Green
20-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Their website seems to be avoiding the issue this time. Generally they stick in a couple of sentences along the 'nothing to see here' line, but this time they've said nothing and Webster carefully avoids defining the issue in his interview.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20121019/focus-is-on-football_2241384_2953263

Not sure what to make of that really.

MrSmith
20-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Their website seems to be avoiding the issue this time. Generally they stick in a couple of sentences along the 'nothing to see here' line, but this time they've said nothing and Webster carefully avoids defining the issue in his interview.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20121019/focus-is-on-football_2241384_2953263

Given their mentality, a siege mentality I would assume? It will be business as usual and, if they ignore it long enough ... it will go away!

Really stunning their behaviour! However, I would imagine nothing will change ...

cabbageandribs1875
20-10-2012, 09:53 AM
So would Benny from Crossroads as they don't have any money to free up. The transfer embargo is pointless now Vlad has pulled the plug as they cannot afford currnet expenditure so will be signing nae cant.

Their current predicament is completely self inflicted as the entire paedo nation sat back and watched while Vlad accummulated debt over numerous years overspending quicker than they accumulated sex crime convictions.

i wouldn't bet on that

Jim44
20-10-2012, 10:18 AM

Given their mentality, a siege mentality I would assume? It will be business as usual and, if they ignore it long enough ... it will go away!

Really stunning their behaviour! However, I would imagine nothing will change ...

They're keeping their heads down on their website and on JKB in the hope that this issue will die a death and that the SPL will remove any sanctions, already imposed or to be announced on Monday. Arch Jambo Stuart Bathgate has been very quiet on the matter, reporting only bare facts with a spin suggesting that the situation at Tynecastle is a storm in a teacup and that this recent 'breaking of the rules' is minor and that the players are very comfortable with it, in that they were well informed in advance and that apparently this will never happen again. I think the SFA and SPL will swallow it and Skacel will be signed on Tuesday morning.

weecounty hibby
20-10-2012, 10:36 AM
The silence speaks volumes. I have not gotten too excited in the past about these things but this time i really think they are in real deep ****. Their home match this weekend will see them pay the players but i would imagine that some other supplier will get stiffed on the back of it. Its. Not just hand to mouth but robbing Peter to pay Paul and any other phrase you can think of.
Only a matter of time before you hear the hun hordes saying "told you so, clubs cant survive without us" when they do go tits up.

s.a.m
20-10-2012, 10:40 AM
BBCBMcLauchlin‏@BBCBMcLauchlin Hearts will face disciplinary hearing in Monday over failure to pay players on time in Sept. #bbcsportsound (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23bbcsportsound&src=hash)

September? Or is that a mistake

Golden Bear
20-10-2012, 10:45 AM
BBCBMcLauchlin‏@BBCBMcLauchlin Hearts will face disciplinary hearing in Monday over failure to pay players on time in Sept. #bbcsportsound (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23bbcsportsound&src=hash)

Maybe the first judgement was in the way of a warning and further action would not be implemented unless the same circumstances were repeated.

Sergey
20-10-2012, 10:49 AM
They're keeping their heads down on their website and on JKB in the hope that this issue will die a death and that the SPL will remove any sanctions, already imposed or to be announced on Monday. Arch Jambo Stuart Bathgate has been very quiet on the matter, reporting only bare facts with a spin suggesting that the situation at Tynecastle is a storm in a teacup and that this recent 'breaking of the rules' is minor and that the players are very comfortable with it, in that they were well informed in advance and that apparently this will never happen again. I think the SFA and SPL will swallow it and Skacel will be signed on Tuesday morning.

The SPL hearing on Monday relates to the non-payment of Septembers wages - not the October wages. That hearing will take place at a later date.

There's not a hope in hell that they will get off with this and I really hope that the SPL consider a points deduction, as a fine is a non-starter.

weecounty hibby
20-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Maybe the first judgement was in the way of a warning and further action would not be implemented unless the same circumstances were repeated.

Surely a massive club like Hearts wouldnt allow the same "error/glitch" to happen more than once

cabbageandribs1875
20-10-2012, 10:50 AM

Hearts will face a disciplinary hearing on Monday for their failure to pay a number of players on time in September.
The Edinburgh club have admitted they have again been late with payments for October and will face a further hearing for that offence in the coming weeks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20015324

s.a.m
20-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Hearts will face a disciplinary hearing on Monday for their failure to pay a number of players on time in September.
The Edinburgh club have admitted they have again been late with payments for October and will face a further hearing for that offence in the coming weeks.

Ta.:aok:

That's clearer.

matty_f
20-10-2012, 10:53 AM
They also shouldn't be permitted to field any unpaid players today.

Golden Bear
20-10-2012, 10:56 AM

More travel expenses for the boys.

BroxburnHibee
20-10-2012, 10:57 AM
They also shouldn't be permitted to field any unpaid players today.

No chance

Treadstone
20-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Ryan Stevenson - You only have yourself to blame ...and Vlad .

matty_f
20-10-2012, 11:15 AM
No chance

I know.

RyeSloan
20-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Only the SPL would have a meeting about missed wages in September in October after missed wages in October :greengrin

Still think I would be looking to give them a suspended points deduction to ensure they didn't do it again :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
20-10-2012, 11:31 AM

What an absolute walloper.

Jack Hackett
20-10-2012, 11:38 AM

When you consider the circumstances of his departure, he must have been desperate to re-sign for them...a massive loss of face, but he has a family to provide for and probably few options.

Vlad probably jumped at the chance to show his magnanimity, and once again welcome an errant sheep back to the fold. He would also have realized that he had him by the short and curlies and can treat him with even more disdain this time around.

It's a stick-on that he will be one of the half-dozen made to wait and will just have to bite his lip. If anyone kicks up a fuss this time, it will be McGowan...but then he only has to wait 'til January, when he'll be off tout de suite

nonshinyfinish
20-10-2012, 11:45 AM
When you consider the circumstances of his departure, he must have been desperate to re-sign for them...a massive loss of face, but he has a family to provide for and probably few options.

He ought to have learned from last time that Hertz is not the place to find a stable wage to provide for your family. His other options might have been offering less money, but it'd be money he'd receive each month, on time.

If he doesn't feel like a total fanny now, then he's even stupider than he looks.

greenginger
20-10-2012, 11:49 AM

Vlad probably jumped at the chance to show his magnanimity, and once again welcome an errant sheep back to the fold. He would also have realized that he had him by the short and curlies and can treat him with even more disdain this time around.

It's a stick-on that he will be one of the half-dozen made to wait and will just have to bite his lip. If anyone kicks up a fuss this time, it will be McGowan...but then he only has to wait 'til January, when he'll be off tout de suite

I had a look at Hearts close season signings ( 4 in total )

2 goalkeepers ?
A young guy from Raith, all managers like to bring a favourite with them. :wink:
Ryan Stevenson - I wonder if he was a gamble the Yams thought would get them into the Europa Cup group stages ? and get their hands on some serious gate receipts and T V money.

Then they were drawn against Liverpool. :greengrin Too late for plan B.

Mikey
20-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Wouldn't it just be tytpical of the SPL to hit them with a suspended punishment for September, knowing that they've already missed October's payment :greengrin

Here, they can copy and paste this to use..........

Sept - Transfer embargo
Oct - 3 points deduction
Nov - 6 point deduction
Dec - 12 points deduction
Jan - 24 point deduction

You can work out the rest :greengrin

And they need to have their meetings much more quickly. Nearly 6 weeks after the event isn't good enough.

nonshinyfinish
20-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Here, they can copy and paste this to use..........

Sept - Transfer embargo
Oct - 3 points deduction
Nov - 6 point deduction
Dec - 12 points deduction
Jan - 24 point deduction

You can work out the rest :greengrin

I did. :wink:

If that continued through to May, they'd be docked a total of 765 points. Clearly this punishment doesn't go far enough. Anything less than a four-figure points deduction and Gary MacKay being stripped of his medals is a joke IMO.

Mikey
20-10-2012, 12:54 PM
I did. :wink:

If that continued through to May, they'd be docked a total of 765 points. Clearly this punishment doesn't go far enough. Anything less than a four-figure points deduction and Gary MacKay being stripped of his medals is a joke IMO.

The 765 point deduction is easily done, but part 2 might be tricky :guesswho:

lord bunberry
20-10-2012, 05:33 PM
The 765 point deduction is easily done, but part 2 might be tricky :guesswho:

True I've heard mackay keeps his 50m breaststroke medal in a very secure place

Col2
20-10-2012, 05:48 PM
True I've heard mackay keeps his 50m breaststroke medal in a very secure place

Joking apart did he not get a medal for winning the soccer sixes?

Carheenlea
20-10-2012, 06:11 PM
He was one of the great zoo animal impersonators of his day, monkeys and apes being his speciality, but don't know if he won any medals for that though.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-10-2012, 06:22 PM
He was one of the great zoo animal impersonators of his day, monkeys and apes being his speciality, but don't know if he won any medals for that though.

What?! Johnny Morris was a jambo? Another Childhood "hero" tarnished :)

Phil D. Rolls
20-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Joking apart did he not get a medal for winning the soccer sixes?

I thought you said "joking apart"? Oh, I see what you did there. :greengrin

What?! Johnny Morris was a jambo? Another Childhood "hero" tarnished :)

What, you mean it was Johnny Morris doing the voices all the time? You'll be telling me Ray Allen was fisting Lord Charles next!! Where does it all end - Nookie bear couldn't really talk, Muffin the Mule is an offence. This modern world is killing me.:confused:

BroxburnHibee
21-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Are they paid yet?

Golden Bear
21-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Are they paid yet?

According to Zaliukas they have but I'm not convinced as he's pleading for leniency at tomorrow's SPL Board meeting in the same article. I've a feeling he's telling us a wee white lie in the hope that it will get his Club off the hook.

Www1875hfc
21-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Zaliukas would say that,cause he is 1 of the 6 players that still have'nt been paid.

bingo70
21-10-2012, 10:26 AM
According to Zaliukas they have but I'm not convinced as he's pleading for leniency at tomorrow's SPL Board meeting in the same article. I've a feeling he's telling us a wee white lie in the hope that it will get his Club off the hook.

The minute they've been paid it'll be on the hearts website celebrating it.

1two
21-10-2012, 10:46 AM
It would be unprofessional, petty, childish but ultimately hilarious if Hibs released a one line news item confirming all players were paid on time this month.

Col2
21-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Chic young suggesting on radio scotland that Hearts will sign Skacel by end of week. Richard Gordon suggesting SPL may have a view and chic saying Hearts are looking for clarity on transfer embargo. What a joke. Hearts wont even confirm if they have paid players or not.

As the October offence won't be heard by SPL until next month,hearts must be looking to squeeze skacel in between Mondays verdict and next months verdict.

matty_f
21-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Chic young suggesting on radio scotland that Hearts will sign Skacel by end of week. Richard Gordon suggesting SPL may have a view and chic saying Hearts are looking for clarity on transfer embargo. What a joke. Hearts wont even confirm if they have paid players or not.

As the October offence won't be heard by SPL until next month,hearts must be looking to squeeze skacel in between Mondays verdict and next months verdict.

It would demonstrate just how morally corrupt a club they are if they add to a wage bill that they clearly can't already afford.

Col2
21-10-2012, 11:21 AM
It would demonstrate just how morally corrupt a club they are if they add to a wage bill that they clearly can't already afford.

Yup and also confirm to the rest of us how incompetent the Scottish football authorities are (if we needed it). The transfer embargo HAS to stay until they can show they can regularly pay wages without difficulty.

jgl07
21-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Yup and also confirm to the rest of us how incompetent the Scottish football authorities are (if we needed it). The transfer embargo HAS to stay until they can show they can regularly pay wages without difficulty.

It is patently obvious that they cannot pay wages. Romanov has made it perfectly clear that no more money is coming from UBIG. They cannot generate enough revenue from visiting support, walk-ups and cup matches to come anywhere near meeting their current wage bill.

The embargo must stay in place at least until the transfer window and probably till the end of the season.

Their strategy is probably to try and bluff it out until the transfer window and then make a sale or two so that they can stagger on until season ticket renewal time in February (or January?). Then the whole farce will start again.

They go away with late payments and overdue accounts last season. The authorities had their hands full with the Rangers/Sevco fiasco then. There is no excuse this season.

YehButNoBut
21-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Seems that everytime this happens with Hearts wages they go on and win the next game, must be a great motivational tactic.

Maybe we should try it. :wink:

Sprouleflyer
21-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Seems that everytime this happens with Hearts wages they go on and win the next game, must be a great motivational tactic.

Maybe we should try it. :wink:

Well at least the next time we play them it will be the 2nd Jan and well past their pay date of the 16th Dec!!

The Green Goblin
21-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Pay the Tynecastle 6!! :greengrin

Mikey
21-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Given the lack of confirmation coming out of the PBS it's fair to assume that their players still haven't been paid yet.

Motherwell have been totally mugged today. I hope their chairman remembers that at the SPL meeting tomorrow.

Col2
21-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Given the lack of confirmation coming out of the PBS it's fair to assume that their players still haven't been paid yet.

Motherwell have been totally mugged today. I hope their chairman remembers that at the SPL meeting tomorrow.

And I hope Rod remembers that they signed Beattie when they had outstanding wages to pay. A player who came on at start of second half in cup semi an almost single handedly turned the game and we know the rest.

Part/Time Supporter
21-10-2012, 04:55 PM
And I hope Rod remembers that they signed Beattie when they had outstanding wages to pay. A player who came on at start of second half in cup semi an almost single handedly turned the game and we know the rest.

St. Mirren weren't happy about him playing (and scoring) in the quarter final. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17451400)

Col2
21-10-2012, 05:25 PM
St. Mirren weren't happy about him playing (and scoring) in the quarter final. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17451400)

Good spot. So that's the following who should have a strong view:-

St Mirren as mentioned, Motherwell (commented recently re Stevenson signing), us (cause its just not right) and I can't imagine budget conscious Dundee United and Aberdeen are happy that direct competitor can flaunt the rules. With Sevco watching and waiting to criticise the SPL and SFA for any so called inconsistency, you have to think confirmation will come out tomorrow they have signing embargo for foreseeable future.

Bye bye Skacel!

greenginger
21-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Pay the Tynecastle 6!! :greengrin

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/08/01/bosnia-birac-idINL6E8J1K8W20120801

Never mind the Tynecastle Six let them get to the end of the quque after the Bosnian 1900, seems they have not been paid for 2 months now.
I'm sure it was profits from the Aluminium Plant that propped up the mammoth Yam wages when Aluminium prices were high so let them share the pain.. Wonga ! :greengrin

A gas bill of $13 million, and Gazprom as the creditor , this could get messy.

weonlywon6-2
21-10-2012, 05:32 PM

Never mind the Tynecastle Six let them get to the end of the queque after the Bosnian 1900, seems they have not been paid for 2 months now.
I'm sure it was profits from the Aluminium Plant that propped up the mammoth Yam wages when Aluminium prices were high so let them share the pain.. Wonga ! :greengrin

With this happening and yam wages not being paid it could be a good xmas for us all:greengrin

Golden Bear
21-10-2012, 05:38 PM

Never mind the Tynecastle Six let them get to the end of the queque after the Bosnian 1900, seems they have not been paid for 2 months now.

Could it be that this time the big bang really is just round the corner?

:pray:

Wotherspiniesta
21-10-2012, 05:57 PM
I was told that Skacel and A.N other had signed over a week and a half ago.

weonlywon6-2
21-10-2012, 06:00 PM
I was told that Skacel and A.N other had signed over a week and a half ago.

more hope than anything from them,if they cant afford to pay the current staff how can they employ any more ???:titanic:

Kaiser1962
21-10-2012, 06:15 PM

Never mind the Tynecastle Six let them get to the end of the quque after the Bosnian 1900, seems they have not been paid for 2 months now.

When a company is in trouble its always the wages that are last to remain unpaid. They can usually blag their way out of the other bills and promise them in a wee while but the writing is usually on the wall when the staff dont get paid.

This is, however, Hearts and football and normal rules dont seem to apply here.

Sergey
21-10-2012, 06:48 PM

In the post I posted on Friday, the directors have buggered off back to the Land of Lith and won't even speak to the trade unions.

This ain't looking good for UBIG :thumbsup:

Minder
21-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Could it be that this time the big bang really is just round the corner?

:pray:

5th November mark it in your diary! Defo big bangs on the way.:greengrin

PatHead
21-10-2012, 06:55 PM

Unfortunately they came to an agreement a week later and production has recommenced though Gas prices are to be raised by some 20%. No wonder Vlad can't and not won't help Hearts.

Tick tock

Jim44
21-10-2012, 07:39 PM
According to several ITKs overby, the embargo is due to be lifted on Thursday when the signing of Skacel will be announced. I think they're basing this on Chick Young's utterings but nothing would surprise me.

#FromTheCapital
21-10-2012, 08:00 PM
According to several ITKs overby, the embargo is due to be lifted on Thursday when the signing of Skacel will be announced. I think they're basing this on Chick Young's utterings but nothing would surprise me.

Absolute joke if true but as you said it wouldn't be a surprise. Although how any of them can claim to be itk is beyond me. Even their manager isn't itk.

SuperTortolano
21-10-2012, 08:58 PM
If the yams are that stupid to sign more players that they can't afford, then it should be encouraged. The quicker the vermin hit the self distruct the better.

The future's bright, the future's green and white.

Broken Gnome
21-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Players paid tomorrow, as per the Scotsman.

matty_f
21-10-2012, 10:03 PM

Sure they said that on Thursday too.

Eyrie
21-10-2012, 10:04 PM

Absolutely ridiculous to let them off simply because the arrears are cleared. They could keep most of their players waiting for 28 days, then pay everyone two days before the next pay date to allow them to make a new signing, which is immediately followed two days later by late payment of the next month's wages.

Surely the embargo should remain in place until they pay all the wages on time, which would prevent new signings until November's pay date?

Broken Gnome
21-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Sure they said that on Thursday too.

Ah, but they use the word FINALLY this time.

Hibbyradge
21-10-2012, 10:26 PM

Cash in hand. :agree:

Jim44
22-10-2012, 07:07 AM
John McGlib says "It will be sorted tomorrow. I don't think you saw the players going begging round the stands today. There wasn't an issue at any time.". Oh yes there was, twice recently, ya numpty. He should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute by pubicly condoning the grossly illegal actions of his cash-strapped employers.

green glory
22-10-2012, 07:33 AM
https://twitter.com/bbcbmclauchlin/status/260280159427522560

They've been paid now.

matty_f
22-10-2012, 08:08 AM

They've been paid now.

Boooooooooo!

Just Alf
22-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Hmmmmm..... did they have to wait until the game to get the money in to then pay it out then? ..... if that's the case, then that's NOT GOOD.... for Them at least :greengrin

greenginger
22-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Hmmmmm..... did they have to wait until the game to get the money in to then pay it out then? ..... if that's the case, then that's NOT GOOD.... for Them at least :greengrin

It would not have possible to bank the walk-up gate money and the cash from the pie stands so I guess they must have been paid cash in greasy notes smelling of sauce. :greengrin

That's they wages for October taken care of, now how about the HMRC for Tax and N.I. deductions and VAT ?. Then there is all the other minor matters such as business rates, police, gas and electricity, and a dozen other oncosts I am certain would come after staff wages in priority.

ScottB
22-10-2012, 08:54 AM
And yet there's an interview on the Beeb about them wanting to sign Skacel!

Apart from how ludicrous that is, even more annoying that the journo didn't think it a pertinent question to ask how smart it is to add to your wage bill when you quite clearly can't afford it as it is...

Perhaps they have too many friends in the media to face such logical questioning, or maybe it's happened so often that the media doesn't see it as a real story anymore, but any company that can't pay the staffs wages is in serious ****, willingly adding another X thousand pounds a week to that bill is just insane.

Mikey
22-10-2012, 09:10 AM

They've been paid now.

On the day of the SPL meeting?

Really?? :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
22-10-2012, 09:32 AM

That shouldn't make any difference they have failed to pay their staff more than once after new rules were put in place to fix. They should be punished and the fairest way IMO would be a transfer embargo until they have paid the players at the right time for 2 or 3 months in a row.

Ozyhibby
22-10-2012, 09:42 AM
That shouldn't make any difference they have failed to pay their staff more than once after new rules were put in place to fix. They should be punished and the fairest way IMO would be a transfer embargo until they have paid the players at the right time for 2 or 3 months in a row.

And a points deduction. Transfer ban should be automatic.

StevieC
22-10-2012, 09:44 AM
And yet there's an interview on the Beeb about them wanting to sign Skacel!

Let them sign him.

If they can't pay wages now, what chance when there's an additional £20k a month on to the wage bill?

It's their funeral, leave them to it.

:wink:

steviehibsleith
22-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Let them sign him.

If they can't pay wages now, what chance when there's an additional £20k a month on to the wage bill?

It's their funeral, leave them to it.

:wink:
Come on StevieC saying its there funeral is out of order !
sure you would agree a prolonged painfull death should happen first for the lower classes across the city first :wink:

NOLA
22-10-2012, 12:38 PM

Quelle surprise ;)

KeithTheHibby
22-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Romanov is clearing taking the piss.

GREEN WARLORD
22-10-2012, 12:46 PM
And a points deduction. Transfer ban should be automatic.

A 1 point deduction every time they fail to pay their staff on time. :greengrin

green glory
22-10-2012, 01:05 PM
A 1 point deduction every time they fail to pay their staff on time. :greengrin

Automatic demolition of any stands not suitable for purpose every time they fail to pay on time.

green glory
22-10-2012, 01:11 PM
@STVkeith: SPL meeting draws to a close. Hearts expecting to hear their punishment within the next hour. Transfer embargo to remain.

Most Excellent.

Fergus52
22-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Any further news?

green glory
22-10-2012, 01:25 PM
@STVkeith: Hearts' David Southern says he doesn't expect a points deduction for late payment of wages for September.

@STVkeith: Hearts fans hoping to see Rudi Skacel may be disappointed with transfer embargo kept in place for October breach of
wage payments.

green glory
22-10-2012, 01:25 PM
@STVkeith: Today's SPL meeting only discussed Hearts late payment of wages for Sept. A hearing into Oct's late payment will be heard at a later date.

poolman
22-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Dont know if this guy's trying to be funny or he's just a thicko :confused:

Mark Stirling ‏@msboyd69 (https://twitter.com/msboyd69) @HeartsFCNow (https://twitter.com/HeartsFCNow) if mcglynn and the 6 players always get paid 4 or 5 days late,why not just change the date they get paid #simplesimon (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23simplesimon&src=hash)

cabbageandribs1875
22-10-2012, 01:38 PM
@STVkeith: SPL meeting draws to a close. Hearts expecting to hear their punishment within the next hour. Transfer embargo to remain.

Most Excellent.

good, it would have been totally and utterly absurd if the cheats MKII were allowed to sign anyone else in the predicament they are in

JimBHibees
22-10-2012, 02:32 PM
@STVkeith: Today's SPL meeting only discussed Hearts late payment of wages for Sept. A hearing into Oct's late payment will be heard at a later date.

Interesting no way that the transfer embargo should be lifted this side of Christmas. They should have points deductions as a suspended sentence tied to any future non-payments.

Jim44
22-10-2012, 03:03 PM
From a BBC report, dated 20th October:

Hearts have a history over the past few years of being late with wages to their players, but BBC Scotland has also learned that the disciplinary hearing on Monday will treat this charge as a first offence.

Part/Time Supporter
22-10-2012, 03:13 PM
From a BBC report, dated 20th October:

Hearts have a history over the past few years of being late with wages to their players, but BBC Scotland has also learned that the disciplinary hearing on Monday will treat this charge as a first offence.

That's because a) the rules only changed about this over the summer and b) the hearing today was about them paying late last month. There will be another hearing about this month's failure.

jgl07
22-10-2012, 03:45 PM
I was looking back at John McGlynn's comments last month:

"The money's coming in from a very credible source; it's not like we don't think the money's not going to come in.

"It's not like the last time when we were waiting on the money to come from Lithuania [where majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov is based]. I'm not that worried. My wife works, so I'm all right."

What creditable source did the money come from?

Wonga.com?

green glory
22-10-2012, 03:45 PM
@STVkeith: Hearts have been reprimanded and warmed with regard to its future conduct by the SPL for not paying players on time for September.

@STVkeith: A second charge against Hearts regarding alleged late payment for players wages for October will be heard on Wednesday.

Golden Bear
22-10-2012, 03:50 PM
@STVkeith: Hearts have been reprimanded and warmed with regard to its future conduct by the SPL for not paying players on time for September.

@STVkeith: A second charge against Hearts regarding alleged late payment for players wages for October will be heard on Wednesday.

How *loody predictable.

Jim44
22-10-2012, 03:52 PM
How *loody predictable.

Skacel signs tonight.

Part/Time Supporter
22-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Skacel signs tonight.

The embargo hasn't been lifted.

cabbageandribs1875
22-10-2012, 04:14 PM
poor wee skatchel will have to remain a "professional tourist" haw ****** haw

steviehibsleith
22-10-2012, 04:18 PM
It hasnt been made clear but i am sure the the day after your club has failed to pay players wages then you are under a transfer embargo until a meeting takes place . Hence yams didnt pay wages in September and transfer embargo started until the meeting today - they have been reprimanded. Now in october they are late again so they are under a tranfer embargo again untill next meeting to discuss punishments, or lifting of tranfer embargo.
They wont be signing anyone and punishments will escalate .....:aok:

HibbyAndy
22-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Reprimand means f*** all but it wont be the last time they pay their players late so alls well that ends well.

If i were a yam id be afraid, Very afraid..You just KNOW they will be late again next month.

Id rather be a Hibee than a Yam.

Just Alf
22-10-2012, 04:29 PM
It hasnt been made clear but i am sure the the day after your club has failed to pay players wages then you are under a transfer embargo until a meeting takes place . Hence yams didnt pay wages in September and transfer embargo started until the meeting today - they have been reprimanded. Now in october they are late again so they are under a tranfer embargo again untill next meeting to discuss punishments, or lifting of tranfer embargo.
They wont be signing anyone and punishments will escalate .....:aok:

This is how I see it as well.

I hate claiming it but I have a pal "ITK" .... Genuinely ... 'onest!.. Etc etc....

Bottom line is that failure to pay wages is deemed a footy debt so it's an automatic signing embargo which can only be rescinded ( part of new rules I suppose) after agreement at an SPL board meeting.

Spike Mandela
22-10-2012, 05:08 PM
More ridiculous judgements by the football authorities. To be reprimanded for late payment of wages in Sept and 'warned' about future non payment when everybody knows they already have been late with Oct's wages:rolleyes: Honestly, no wonder our footballing authorites are a laughing stock.

No doubt punishment will move up a scale for next meeting and move from reprimand to censure or some other meaningless sanction. Vlad must hold them in even greater contempt than normal and must be pissing himself.

What are these authorities good for apart from picking balls out a pot in cup draws and they've even ****ed that up over the years.

Col2
22-10-2012, 05:30 PM
More ridiculous judgements by the football authorities. To be reprimanded for late payment of wages in Sept and 'warned' about future non payment when everybody knows they already have been late with Oct's wages:rolleyes: Honestly, no wonder our footballing authorites are a laughing stock.

No doubt punishment will move up a scale for next meeting and move from reprimand to censure or some other meaningless sanction. Vlad must hold them in even greater contempt than normal and must be pissing himself.

What are these authorities good for apart from picking balls out a pot in cup draws and they've even ****ed that up over the years.

They wot get away with another slap on wrists. I reckon they will get a suspended points deduction of token 3 points and a transfer ban until 3 months of wages paid on time have passed (so basically forever).

Oh....and....Skacel, get it right up you. Nae luck loser.

Jim44
22-10-2012, 05:49 PM

Now, now, Spike, it says that the October non-payment is 'alleged'. Are they not certain that it happened? :-)

Jack Hackett
22-10-2012, 08:14 PM
According to the story on the beeb site

"An SPL disciplinary sub-committee will examine the October breach of their regulations on Wednesday.

Hearts had a transfer embargo imposed for the September offence, which will run until the league is satisfied the problem has been resolved.

The ban on player registrations is not a specific punishment but is now an automatic trigger when a club is late with payments.

The sub-committee, which met on Monday morning before the SPL quarterly gathering at Hampden, consisted of chief executive Neil Doncaster, secretary Iain Blair and Dundee United chairman Steven Thompson.
Doncaster said: "I think it's important we don't prejudge anything and hear what Hearts have to say. We don't know whether the charge is being admitted yet."

"So, rather than prejudge the outcome of any hearing, I think it's important we sit down with a clear mind on Wednesday and judge any evidence on its merits."

So does this mean that if they come up with an explanation 'with merit' and a promise to be good employers, that the embargo will be lifted? I have a funny feeling in my gut that it will :fuming:

Jim44
22-10-2012, 08:40 PM
According to the story on the beeb site

"An SPL disciplinary sub-committee will examine the October breach of their regulations on Wednesday.

Hearts had a transfer embargo imposed for the September offence, which will run until the league is satisfied the problem has been resolved.

The ban on player rtenerifegolfegistrations is not a specific punishment but is now an automatic trigger when a club is late with payments.

The sub-committee, which met on Monday morning before the SPL quarterly gathering at Hampden, consisted of chief executive Neil Doncaster, secretary Iain Blair and Dundee United chairman Steven Thompson.
Doncaster said: "I think it's important we don't prejudge anything and hear what Hearts have to say. We don't know whether the charge is being admitted yet."

"So, rather than prejudge the outcome of any hearing, I think it's important we sit down with a clear mind on Wednesday and judge any evidence on its merits."

So does this mean that if they come up with an explanation 'with merit' and a promise to be good employers, that the embargo will be lifted? I have a funny feeling in my gut that it will :fuming:

I share your funny feeling and it's not helped that Chick Young and supposed ITK Jambos have been saying for a few days now that the embargo will be lifted on Thursday to open the doors for Skacel to sign by Friday. If the Jambos manage to talk their way out of this, Scottish football will take yet another step towards oblivion.

shetlandhibee
23-10-2012, 01:24 AM
What's that coming over the hill is it the taxman,is it the taxman,is it the taxman:na na:Lol:brokenyam: hearts are going bust, going bust, going, going bust NA NA NA NA NA NA NA.

Bill Milne
23-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Judging by the date of payment this month, it seems clear that they could only pay up after matchday receipts from the 'Well game were taken in. This suggests that they are living on a knife edge and a run of away games could be enough to tip them into the abyss.:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
23-10-2012, 10:14 AM
I share your funny feeling and it's not helped that Chick Young and supposed ITK Jambos have been saying for a few days now that the embargo will be lifted on Thursday to open the doors for Skacel to sign by Friday. If the Jambos manage to talk their way out of this, Scottish football will take yet another step towards oblivion.

Young rarely quotes a source, and just seems to take a punt on an outcome. Unfortunately, I think the signs that he may have guessed right this time.

How can you have a hearing about September's misdemeanour, three days before the one to decide sanctions for October's? It does not give the culprit a chance to put anything right, so surely the second hearing is to rubber stamp the outcome of the first.

marti1875
23-10-2012, 10:22 AM
" we don't know whether the charge is being admitted yet"

Is it just me and i've completely missed something with the above statement from the SPL?? :confused:

How can they say they don't know if the deluded ones will admit to the charge of the payments being late when they have already said they had been informed about the latest payments being late last week??...how weird unless i have missed something along the line..if so i'll just shut up now...:greengrin

greenginger
23-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Judging by the date of payment this month, it seems clear that they could only pay up after matchday receipts from the 'Well game were taken in. This suggests that they are living on a knife edge and a run of away games could be enough to tip them into the abyss.:wink:

The new rules don't just cover wage payments. Hearts have got to pay HMRC all sums as they fall due or they are in default.

I don't see any mention of this in SPL statements or Media ramblings.

robinp
23-10-2012, 11:40 AM

http://www.garudiostudiage.com/photo/jumble_sale_tomoorow.jpg

Broken Gnome
23-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Young rarely quotes a source, and just seems to take a punt on an outcome. Unfortunately, I think the signs that he may have guessed right this time.

How can you have a hearing about September's misdemeanour, three days before the one to decide sanctions for October's? It does not give the culprit a chance to put anything right, so surely the second hearing is to rubber stamp the outcome of the first.

I asked an ITKer about Skacel today. "Very very very impossible" was the reply.

Twa Cairpets
23-10-2012, 12:25 PM

Given the issues with the Huns in the summer, don't you think that the necessity to follow process is more ciritical than a knee jerk reaction to what has been reported? I dont like Doncaster, but I don't see what other option the SPL has/have as the rules were put in by the clubs themselves to manage such an event.

The reporting strongly suggests one thing - and lets face it as Hibbys we're going to be more than happy to believe the worst about what goes on over by - but if process isn't followed (painful procedural stuff though it may be), then the lack of following that self same process can be used by His Royal Madness to challenge any decision made. That would lay them open to accusations of incompetence.

RyeSloan
23-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Given the issues with the Huns in the summer, don't you think that the necessity to follow process is more ciritical than a knee jerk reaction to what has been reported? I dont like Doncaster, but I don't see what other option the SPL has/have as the rules were put in by the clubs themselves to manage such an event.

The reporting strongly suggests one thing - and lets face it as Hibbys we're going to be more than happy to believe the worst about what goes on over by - but if process isn't followed (painful procedural stuff though it may be), then the lack of following that self same process can be used by His Royal Madness to challenge any decision made. That would lay them open to accusations of incompetence.

I agree. Doncaster is a fud for sure and he loves to mangle the English language but he has to be seen to be open minded BEFORE the meeting, even if all the evidence in the public domain would suggest otherwise.

Let the hearing happen on Wednesday and make our judgements then. Personally I think it will be a suspended points deduction and while that will surely be seen as soft on here I'm pretty certain that the Yams are effectively oot of cash and that any suspended sanction will have to be applied sooner rather than later....

MB62
23-10-2012, 01:51 PM
I agree. Doncaster is a fud for sure and he loves to mangle the English language but he has to be seen to be open minded BEFORE the meeting, even if all the evidence in the public domain would suggest otherwise.

Let the hearing happen on Wednesday and make our judgements then. Personally I think it will be a suspended points deduction and while that will surely be seen as soft on here I'm pretty certain that the Yams are effectively oot of cash and that any suspended sanction will have to be applied sooner rather than later....

Have to say I agre with you 100% on this Si. It is something of a 'get out' action from the SPL which will eventually keep everybody happy, excepting the Yams long term.

A suspended points deduction gives the Yams every chance to get their house in order, safe in the knowldege that they probably have no chance of ever achieving this. So it looks like the SPL are being fair to the Yams by suspending the deduction, then in a month or two, hit them with a deduction which accumulates every month thereafter that wages/bills go unpaid, which will leave them with no points at the end of the season :thumbsup:

Jim44
23-10-2012, 03:32 PM
]Have to say I agre with you 100% on this Si. It is something of a 'get out' action from the SPL which will eventually keep everybody happy, excepting the Yams long term.

A suspended points deduction gives the Yams every chance to get their house in order, safe in the knowldege that they probably have no chance of ever achieving this. So it looks like the SPL are being fair to the Yams by suspending the deduction, then in a month or two, hit them with a deduction which accumulates every month thereafter that wages/bills go unpaid, which will leave them with no points at the end of the season :thumbsup:

Ok, but what about the signing embargo? Does that get lifted if they are given a suspended points deduction. I'd rather the embargo stayed before any suspended sentence.

Phil D. Rolls
23-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Have to say I agre with you 100% on this Si. It is something of a 'get out' action from the SPL which will eventually keep everybody happy, excepting the Yams long term.

I'm not sticking up for the Yams here, but more bemoaning the logic that our games administrators seem to work under. Where is the justice in hitting someone with a fine for a second offence when you haven't given them time to put their house in order. Surely the September hearing should have been held before the wages were due in October?

Johnny Yam turns round and says - if we had been warned what the punishment was for a second offence we wouldn't have done it, in fact when we weren't able to pay the October wages, we hadn't been found guilty of anything.

I take it I am missing something, because it just seems like the SFA are making up the rules as they go along. I expect Vlad knows he can tell them to bolt by taking his case to a court of justice.

PatHead
23-10-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm not sticking up for the Yams here, but more bemoaning the logic that our games administrators seem to work under. Where is the justice in hitting someone with a fine for a second offence when you haven't given them time to put their house in order. Surely the September hearing should have been held before the wages were due in October?

Johnny Yam turns round and says - if we had been warned what the punishment was for a second offence we wouldn't have done it, in fact when we weren't able to pay the October wages, we hadn't been found guilty of anything.

I take it I am missing something, because it just seems like the SFA are making up the rules as they go along. I expect Vlad knows he can tell them to bolt by taking his case to a court of justice.

I don't understand why it took so long to meet and the sub-committee couldn't have got together when they were on their jolly to the Scotland games.

I do understand why they (by the way SPL not SFA) are following procedure and it is to ensure that Mad Vlad can't tell them to stick it and go to court. A defence of I could have made the payment, but didn't, as I wanted to find out what you really meant by punishment wouldn't have much merit.

Hibbyradge
23-10-2012, 04:00 PM

There were several occasions last season when their wages were late, so presumably someone must have pointed out that it was wrong to do so and not just the SPFA.

Also, it's a matter of SPL procedure, and common knowledge amongst clubs, that transfers are embargoed when payments are missed.

Johnny Yam knows fine and well that what they did in September was against the rules.

#FromTheCapital
23-10-2012, 04:03 PM

The SPL are a bunch of fannies but in this case its all Hearts fault. They've had more than enough time to get their house in order and they knew at the beginning of the season that there would be sanctions for late wage payments because they agreed to the new rules. If they want to run the risk of finding out what these sanctions are then let them. 100% their problem. Even if it was hibs I would be saying this, but its not so :fenlon

SloopJB
23-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Reprimand means f*** all but it wont be the last time they pay their players late so alls well that ends well.

If i were a yam id be afraid, Very afraid..You just KNOW they will be late again next month.

Id rather be a Hibee than a Yam.
Reprimand is a bit like a yellow card, it'll remain until another one is earned then see wht sanction is imposed.
They should be better off now though as they will be getting money from home gates so wouldn't expect them to be late next month.

JimBHibees
23-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Surely the outcome tomorrow will be the transfer embargo extended until January and only stopped when they pay 3 months on the bounce on right date. There should also be a suspended points deduction for future non-payments.

Jack Hackett
23-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Reprimand is a bit like a yellow card, it'll remain until another one is earned then see wht sanction is imposed.
They should be better off now though as they will be getting money from home gates so wouldn't expect them to be late next month.

Only home game before next pay is Ross County this week. After that the next is St Mirren the day after wages due. Given the huge amount of seasons they claim, walk-ups will be pretty thin on the ground. They have a LC quarter-final away to DU, but don't know when they'll get the cash for that, not that there will be a huge crowd for that anyway.

Unless Vlad has relented and promised funds in time and on time, it looks pretty ropey, and I'd be having a look in Cash Converters windows to see if there's anything resembling a Scottish Cup on display

bingo70
23-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Only home game before next pay is Ross County this week. After that the next is St Mirren the day after wages due. Given the huge amount of seasons they claim, walk-ups will be pretty thin on the ground. They have a LC quarter-final away to DU, but don't know when they'll get the cash for that, not that there will be a huge crowd for that anyway.

Unless Vlad has relented and promised funds in time and on time, it looks pretty ropey, and I'd be having a look in Cash Converters windows to see if there's anything resembling a Scottish Cup on display

There's so many other costs accrued by home games like stewarding, policing, ambulance (i assume they have to pay for them to be on site), utilities, printing for programmes, non footballing staff plus others i'm sure i'm missing out on i just can't see around 1500 paying punters covering all these costs and funding over paid footballers on thousands a week.

IMO they have to still be getting funding from somewhere else or alternatively they're robbing peter to pay Paul which will surely come back to bite them even if it has taken longer than we all expected.

lord bunberry
23-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Surely the outcome tomorrow will be the transfer embargo extended until January and only stopped when they play 3 months on the bounce on right date. There should also be a suspended points deduction for future non-payments.

I think this is the problem the punishment should be automatic with no need for a hearing. The spl and the sfa love making things more difficult than they need to be. The only time there should be a meeting is if there's an appeal

bingo70
23-10-2012, 07:16 PM
1500 paying punters at a home game at say on average £20 a head (that's being generous as there'll be concessions) is £30000 per match day and say there's on average 2 home games a month you're looking at roughly £60000 a month.

£60000 a month divided by their first team squad of 47 would work out on average first team weekly wage of about £1200 and that doesn't include management, coaches, youth teams and other outgoings i mentioned earlier.

In short there's basically no way there match day income even comes close to covering there staffing costs so i think it's irrelevant if they've got one home game or two coming up as they must be getting funding from elsewhere, i think vlad must still be supporting them but he's just not making it as easy as he used to for them.

tamsonsbairn
23-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Superswally has been on the telly asking the SPL to be easy on the jambos. :pfgwa

Jack Hackett
23-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Superswally has been on the telly asking the SPL to be easy on the jambos. :pfgwa

What the f&&k does it have to do with the manager of a 3rd division reincarnation of another cheating bunch of......Ohhhhhhh! Words fail me:grr:......it's the same with all these clowns coming to the defense of Le Vain over the last week

Peevemor
23-10-2012, 08:02 PM
1500 paying punters at a home game at say on average £20 a head (that's being generous as there'll be concessions) is £30000 per match day and say there's on average 2 home games a month you're looking at roughly £60000 a month.

£60000 a month divided by their first team squad of 47 would work out on average first team weekly wage of about £1200 and that doesn't include management, coaches, youth teams and other outgoings i mentioned earlier.

In short there's basically no way there match day income even comes close to covering there staffing costs so i think it's irrelevant if they've got one home game or two coming up as they must be getting funding from elsewhere, i think vlad must still be supporting them but he's just not making it as easy as he used to for them.

Remember that there is VAT on football tickets, so of the £20 average entry free less than £17 'belongs' to the club.

Jack Hackett
23-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Remember that there is VAT on football tickets, so of the £20 average entry free less than £17 'belongs' to the club.

Try telling that to Rangers(IA) :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
23-10-2012, 08:52 PM

That's actually an average monthly wage of £1200 mate.

bingo70
23-10-2012, 09:20 PM
That's actually an average monthly wage of £1200 mate.

Ha ha, there was me trying to be a smart erse with all my figures as well.

That probably highlights my point even more then(I think), home games will make very little difference to whether players get paid or not.

Mikey
23-10-2012, 09:21 PM
I'd be surprised if they don't get a suspended point penalty tomorrow, and I'd be surprised if they manage to avoid it being implemented.

And the next one.............

monktonharp
24-10-2012, 12:22 AM

What are these authorities good for apart from picking balls out a pot in cup draws and they've even ****ed that up over the years.:agree:anything uttered from that tit Doncaster thesedays, never ceases to surprise me. him and his cronies will tout the fact that they need to consider legal process ,blah blah no doubt but the facts are that HMOFC have thumbed their noses at virtually anything that's came out of the SPL heirarchy over this issue.It is a well known fact to all and sundry that the new rules state that a "club" must notify the spl in writing if they will be in breach of rules re-wages. Hmofc did that,and still Doncaster says that they will give them some sort of hearing ?? I'm mistifyed,not puzzled.

dangermouse
24-10-2012, 07:40 AM
I think this is the problem the punishment should be automatic with no need for a hearing. The spl and the sfa love making things more difficult than they need to be. The only time there should be a meeting is if there's an appeal

Sadly the SPL don't appear to have the brains to set this up. Imagine if the courts worked this way.

You have been found guilty of murder. You are a naughty boy don't do it again or you will be in big trouble.
You have been found guilty of murder again. Don't do it again or I'll be really cross with you, I'm taking your Xbox off you.
You have been found guilty of murder for a third time. Right I've had enough, go and stand in the naughty corner.

Part/Time Supporter
24-10-2012, 07:46 AM

A club may have a legitimate excuse for not paying wages on time (eg NatWest ****ing up their payments a couple of months ago). You need an initial hearing to determine how and why the late payment happened.

Sergio sledge
24-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Sadly the SPL don't appear to have the brains to set this up. Imagine if the courts worked this way.

You have been found guilty of murder. You are a naughty boy don't do it again or you will be in big trouble.
You have been found guilty of murder again. Don't do it again or I'll be really cross with you, I'm taking your Xbox off you.
You have been found guilty of murder for a third time. Right I've had enough, go and stand in the naughty corner.

Your example is extreme, but that IS how the justice system works. First offences are always treated differently to repeat offences.

Considering the new rules came into play this season it would be unfair to take into account their previous history. It would be like if the speed limit was changed on a road and the police caught someone speeding, then said that they'd also broken the new limit 3 weeks ago, before the new limit was brought into force, so they were going to be treated as a repeat offender.

The only thing the SPL have got wrong on this is the length of time it took to have the hearing. They should have had it within 2 weeks of the offence, knowing that pay day was going to come around again the next month.

dangermouse
24-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Your example is extreme, but that IS how the justice system works. First offences are always treated differently to repeat offences.

Considering the new rules came into play this season it would be unfair to take into account their previous history. It would be like if the speed limit was changed on a road and the police caught someone speeding, then said that they'd also broken the new limit 3 weeks ago, before the new limit was brought into force, so they were going to be treated as a repeat offender.

The only thing the SPL have got wrong on this is the length of time it took to have the hearing. They should have had it within 2 weeks of the offence, knowing that pay day was going to come around again the next month.

I maybe didn't make my example clear enough. The point I was trying to make was that the courts in this country have specific penalties for specific crimes and as you rightly point out the degree of punishment increases with the frequency of the offence. The SPL, however, introduced a new rule and apart from implementing a transfer embargo have no other visible incremental punishments hence they make it up as they go along.

What should have happened was this new rule will be implemented and the punishments will be 1st offence transfer embargo, 2nd offence some other punishment e.g. points deduction, 3rd offence a more stringent penalty. What the SPL did was introduce a new rule with no clear punishments hence they just make it up as they go along and you can bet your bottom dollar that if Celtic defaulted next month they would probably be treated differently as would Dundee or any other club as there is no consistency.

lord bunberry
24-10-2012, 09:40 AM
A club may have a legitimate excuse for not paying wages on time (eg NatWest ****ing up their payments a couple of months ago). You need an initial hearing to determine how and why the late payment happened.

I realise that and that's when there should be an appeal

Don Giovanni
24-10-2012, 10:08 AM

:agree:

Were the Pars not caught short with wages last Jan / Feb due to the Huns demise?
I'm sure there are other circumstances in which a club may not necessarily be at fault for late payments.
In the Tarts case the shambolic organisation and reliance on overseas funding of the club appears very much to be the cause of the delay. There is no third party to blame and whilst last season's misdemeanors are inadmissible (as the rule did not yet exist) two consecutive delays should invoke punishment - hopefully severe :greengrin

Spike Mandela
24-10-2012, 10:20 AM
The authorities utterances are meaningless. They clearly have no desire to issue any meaningful punishment to ANY club as the backlash from media, club and it's supporters is inevitably aimed at them.

Their greatest desire through the Rangers fiasco and now the Hearts nonsense is to come up with a sanction which sounds like a punishment but isn't really a punishment.

Oldcos sanctions of 10 point penalty, £160k fine for a £16m non payment of PAYE, transfer embargo delayed till after a transfer window and McCoist's suspended ban for bringing game into disrepute(whilst endangering people's life in the process) are all considered punishments on paper but in reality are ineffectual, meaningless non punishments which have no adverse effect on the club.

The authorities will procrastinate and prevaricate until they can wriggle off the hook of issuing Hearts with any effective punishment that will encourage clubs to pay players on time.

It will be fun to see what more imaginative non punishments they can come up with now. My money would be on a suspended small fine being the next one for Hearts.

Hibbyradge
24-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Their greatest desire through the Rangers fiasco and now the Hearts nonsense is to come up with a sanction which sounds like a punishment but isn't really a punishment.

The authorities will procrastinate and prevaricate until they can wriggle off the hook of issuing Hearts with any effective punishment that will encourage clubs to pay players on time.

Why would they do this?

Spike Mandela
24-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Why would they do this?

Because they don't want to do anything to be seen to hurt any of their member clubs. They have no teeth whatsoever as has been seen by the Rangers debacle.

johnrebus
24-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Because they don't want to do anything to be seen to hurt any of their member clubs. They have no teeth whatsoever as has been seen by the Rangers debacle.

They do have teeth, the problem in that they choose to leave them in a glass beside their bed........,

:greengrin

hibs0666
24-10-2012, 11:19 AM
The authorities utterances are meaningless. They clearly have no desire to issue any meaningful punishment to ANY club as the backlash from media, club and it's supporters is inevitably aimed at them.

Oldcos sanctions of 10 point penalty, £160k fine for a £16m non payment of PAYE, transfer embargo delayed till after a transfer window and McCoist's suspended ban for bringing game into disrepute(whilst endangering people's life in the process) are all considered punishments on paper but in reality are ineffectual, meaningless non punishments which have no adverse effect on the club.

It will be fun to see what more imaginative non punishments they can come up with now. My money would be on a suspended small fine being the next one for Hearts.

Oldco has been sent to the bigots graveyard, the zombies are plying their trade with the stiffs, are subject to a signing ban and are banned from Europe. Short of a public stoning I'm not sure what other punishments you want the football authorities to apply.

Peevemor
24-10-2012, 11:28 AM
The "authorites" are, in fact, the clubs in this case. I don't think for a minute that the other SPL clubs, who have all had their own budget cuts to make, will think twice about gving Vlad/Hearts a good slap. The problem is that they're making up the rules as they go along (as Dangermouse says in his post).

Late payment of wages shouldn't be an offense in itself IMHO. For me that's something which could be caused by any number of valid reasons and should be between the players and their employers (and covered by employment law).

We should follow the example of other European leagues where clubs have to submit their budgets and cash flow projections for approval prior to the start of the season. If the figures don't add up, then adjustments have to be made. Any club that deliberately overspends is punished, often by automatic relegation.

Then we have the problem of too many authorities (ie. SPL, Scottish League and SFA). This is what caused most confusion during the hun escapade.

SloopJB
24-10-2012, 11:33 AM
What should have happened was this new rule will be implemented and the punishments will be 1st offence transfer embargo, 2nd offence some other punishment e.g. points deduction, 3rd offence a more stringent penalty.

Appreciate I'm being selective with the quote.
I don't agree with the transfer embargo.

Hearts owner no longer puts money into the club therefore it has to live within its own finances.
It is struggling to do that just now, hence the late wage payment.

If they were to sign another player during the period where they struggle to pay the existing staff it would be like the club sticking two fingers up to the football authorities and their own players.

The SPL have taken that trip hazard away from them, mini administration.

Should be deducted 5 points .

Spike Mandela
24-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Oldco has been sent to the bigots graveyard, the zombies are plying their trade with the stiffs, are subject to a signing ban and are banned from Europe. Short of a public stoning I'm not sure what other punishments you want the football authorities to apply.

The death of oldco, the league they are playing in and the ban from Europe have nothing to do with punishments from the authorities and are cosequences of being liquidated and a new club trying to gain admittance to leagues and European competition. As for the transfer ban it was delayed till after the transfer window closes allowing them to sign more players than any club in the country, really effective NOT

They are top of their league, have shaken off over £100m debt, still own all their assets and will no doubt benefit from league reconstruction. Don't fall for the media outpourings of punishment fatigue and letting them off the hook, they have got away with murder and our authorites have shown that any power they have is useless.

degenerated
24-10-2012, 11:38 AM

The point is though, that wasn't what the spl or sfa wanted to happen. That was the will of the supporters that precipitated that outcome.
The authorities will fudge whatever they can to avoid confrontation, more so when it involves the old firm.
I might be proved to be wrong but my guess is that hearts punishment will be sfa.

Mikey
24-10-2012, 11:56 AM
I still don't see how they can be given anything less than a suspended points deduction this time round.

Hibbyradge
24-10-2012, 11:58 AM
I still don't see how they can be given anything less than a suspended points deduction this time round.

I think they'll be given a longer transfer embargo.

jgl07
24-10-2012, 12:09 PM

But the VAT will not have to be paid until the end of the quarter. If at all!

Craig_in_Prague
24-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Flattening the PBS *****hole and building a new Lidl for the locals, IMO should be about the best solution for all concerned. Might be a little harsh, but it's a balanced decision me thinks.

Peevemor
24-10-2012, 12:29 PM
But the VAT will not have to be paid until the end of the quarter. If at all!

Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

TrinityHibs
24-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Oldco has been sent to the bigots graveyard, the zombies are plying their trade with the stiffs, are subject to a signing ban and are banned from Europe. Short of a public stoniing I'm not sure what other punishments you want the football authorities to apply.

You've answered your question without realisiing it. I think a public stoning should have been implemented. They could also have pushed for a wash with dettol or an electrical supply being attached to each seat in the Broomloan stand which could be varied depending on what songs were being sung. There was also the burning down option but I do appreciate there may have been some environmental impact with this one as the hun hordes would have to gather somewhere else and nobody deserves that!!!

CB_NO3
24-10-2012, 01:34 PM
What time is the hearing at?

Hibee87
24-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Is it finished yet?? just been told by 2 different people in the last 10 min that they have been given a 10 month transfer ban till the end of Aug next year :confused:

Hibbyradge
24-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Is it finished yet?? just been told by 2 different people in the last 10 min that they have been given a 10 month transfer ban till the end of Aug next year :confused:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/two-spl-clubs-call-for-transfer-embargo-for-hearts-1-2595375

Spike Mandela
24-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Registration embargo till Dec 23rd apparently. Just in time for transfer window opening, Jeez.

PatHead
24-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Hearts handed registration embargo until 23rd December by SPL #bbcsportsound @BBCBMcLauchlin (http://twitter.com/BBCBMcLauchlin) 7 minutes ago

Craig_in_Prague
24-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Registration embargo till Dec 23rd apparently. Just in time for transfer window opening, Jeez.

well at least Skacel won't sign until January, but I guess if they are late with any of the next 2 months wages then it'll extend - but you can bet your top dollar that Skacel signs, plays and scores on the 3rd of January.

SteveHFC
24-10-2012, 02:16 PM

Is that all FFs :(

Just_Jimmy
24-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Aye thats grand. Systematic cheating for years and all the punishment they get is not being allowed to sign anyone they cant afford anyway when the window is shut.

Burn the rule book now, whats the point.

MB62
24-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Hearts handed registration embargo until 23rd December by SPL #bbcsportsound @BBCBMcLauchlin (http://twitter.com/BBCBMcLauchlin) 7 minutes ago

That's certainly showed them eh! Don't mess with the SPL or else!

What a complete waste of time :brickwall: :grr:

HibbyAndy
24-10-2012, 02:20 PM
That's ****all!!!:rolleyes:

Still anar couple pay days before xmas though so they might still end up in plenty hoat water before then.

Spike Mandela
24-10-2012, 02:22 PM
The wording on the Sky Sports news breaking news suggests there may be more to follow. Says embargo extended as SPL considers failure to pay wages.

Part/Time Supporter
24-10-2012, 02:22 PM
well at least Skacel won't sign until January, but I guess if they are late with any of the next 2 months wages then it'll extend - but you can bet your top dollar that Skacel signs, plays and scores on the 3rd of January.

Erm, all the "in the know" Yams were saying that the embargo would be lifted today and Skacel would sign tomorrow. Oops.

Next pay day is in three weeks....

PatHead
24-10-2012, 02:23 PM
The wording on the Sky Sports news breaking news suggests there may be more to follow. Says embargo extended as SPL considers failure to pay wages.

Hope so, the initial punishment is feeble.

Caversham Green
24-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Given that this is setting a precedent a signing embargo whilst the transfer window is shut is baffling. I suppose HoMFC are affected a bit if they were genuinely trying to bag Satchel (I have my doubts about that) but in general it's a non-punishment and does nothing to discourage other clubs from doing the same thing - or the yams from doing it again.

I wonder if someone from the SPL will explain the logic behind it.

Part/Time Supporter
24-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Given that this is setting a precedent a signing embargo whilst the transfer window is shut is baffling. I suppose HoMFC are affected a bit if they were genuinely trying to bag Satchel (I have my doubts about that) but in general it's a non-punishment and does nothing to discourage other clubs from doing the same thing - or the yams from doing it again.

IMO it's fair enough, as long as there is also a suspended sentence for docking points. The logic will be that if Hearts make both of their next two pay runs, it will show that they have resolved their cashflow problems and the embargo should be lifted. If they don't then the embargo will be extended and there will be possible additional penalties.

hibee92
So they're not allowed to sign players until 8 days before they're allowed to sign players.

I hope they've learnt their lesson.

SloopJB
Aye thats grand. Systematic cheating for years and all the punishment they get is not being allowed to sign anyone they cant afford anyway when the window is shut.

Burn the rule book now, whats the point.

In what way have they been systematic cheating?

They have been punished for breaking a new rule, can't afford to pay your players on time? can't sign any new players.
Still some around without clubs by the way.
Seems fitting without damaging the club further, that would be counter productive.
A fine would make it harder for them to pay their players.
Points deductions are pretty harsh given that administration amounts to 10 points deduction.

Maybe 1 point suspended til the end of the season, if it happens again then the point is deducted with another suspended til the end of the season.

Spike Mandela
24-10-2012, 02:32 PM

It's effectively a two month transfer embargo which gives Hearts two oppurtunities to prove they can pay wages on time otherwise it will be extended again.

Archie70
24-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Failure to pay next months would surely see the embargo extended and carry it through the transfer window. All part of Vlads master plan - "I was going to spend millions but wasn't allowed!" With 4 of their next 6 games away from home and the 2 home being against Ross County and St Mirren there's not going to be much cash going in.

Diclonius
24-10-2012, 02:35 PM
So this'll be the script - Hearts mysteriously find the money to pay wages for two months, Skacel + a whole load of others are signed just in time for the derby and following a win paid for by money they don't have - again - they'll stop paying them on time again. Vlad's got it all sorted out. :rolleyes:

Caversham Green
24-10-2012, 02:38 PM
IMO it's fair enough, as long as there is also a suspended sentence for docking points. The logic will be that if Hearts make both of their next two pay runs, it will show that they have resolved their cashflow problems and the embargo should be lifted. If they don't then the embargo will be extended and there will be possible additional penalties.

It's effectively a two month transfer embargo which gives Hearts two oppurtunities to prove they can pay wages on time otherwise it will be extended again.

Aye, but they can't sign anyone anyway apart from Satchel.

Interesting that Stephen Thomson was on the the committee - I wonder who HoMFC play on the 22nd December....

PatHead
24-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Remember they are due some of Templeton's transfer fee in January, don't know if any of Wallace's fee is due then as well. They more than anyone will be hoping the Rangers share issue goes well.

On top of that you can bet they have been trying to offload any players for whom they can get a fee in the hope that will cut their outgoings and raise some cash to see them through the season.

They are doomed I tell ye!!!!!!Doomed

JimBHibees
24-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Not sure they can be expected to get too much more to be honest though would like to see some mention of suspended points deduction plan in place for future non-payments.

Pretty Boy
24-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Scottish footballs a joke.

Spike Mandela
24-10-2012, 02:46 PM
A well known Hearts fan's view of 'punishment'........

“@Donaldson007: Rudi Skacel's left foot wrapped in tinsel making its way down the Tynecastle chimney. Happy Christmas Hearts fans.”

Hibbyradge
24-10-2012, 02:47 PM
I think they'll be given a longer transfer embargo.

Ahem.

Despite the attractiveness of the howling mob, baying for Yam blood, it's what I would have done.

At the end of the day, the SPL's job is to bring Hearts into line whilst protecting the other clubs.

On one hand, the rest of the SPL are protected from Hearts signing players until the end of the year.

On the other, Hearts will have to put their house in order because, if they transgress again, more serious sanctions will follow.

They were late in paying 6 of their squad by 5 days. As far as I know, none of their players made a formal complaint and they did get paid in full, so I think this is proportionate.

Presumably, Hearts gave an undertaking that they wouldn't let it happen again, but we'll see if they can stretch the income from one home game v Ross County until next month's pay day.

JimBHibees
24-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Ahem.

Despite the attractiveness of the howling mob, baying for Yam blood, it's what I would have done.

At the end of the day, the SPL's job is to bring Hearts into line whilst protecting the other clubs.

On one hand, the rest of the SPL are protected from Hearts signing players until the end of the year.

On the other, Hearts will have to put their house in order because, if they transgress again, more serious sanctions will follow.

They were late in paying 6 of their squad by 5 days. As far as I know, none of their players made a formal complaint and they did get paid in full, so I think this is proportionate.

Presumably, Hearts gave an undertaking that they wouldn't let it happen again, but we'll see if they can stretch the income from one home game v Ross County until next month's pay day.

Tend to agree with that to be honest.

Hibbyradge
24-10-2012, 02:52 PM

“@Donaldson007: Rudi Skacel's left foot wrapped in tinsel making its way down the Tynecastle chimney. Happy Christmas Hearts fans.”

He might as well keep his foot wrapped in tinsel. He won't have played a competitive match for 8 months, if he does sign for them in December.

As far as I know, they don't have any money to sign him anyway.

PatHead
24-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Ahem.

Don't think the ban is satisfactory at all. I would be saying this if it were Aberdeen, Dundee Utd or anyone. A ban on doing something whilst you can't do it anyway! Pathetic

PatHead
24-10-2012, 02:53 PM
He might as well keep his foot wrapped in tinsel. He won't have played a competitive match for 8 months, if he does sign for them in December.

As far as I know, they don't have any money to sign him anyway.

Never stopped them before ask Stevenson.

JimBHibees
24-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Don't think the ban is satisfactory at all. I would be saying this if it were Aberdeen, Dundee Utd or anyone. A ban on doing something whilst you can't do it anyway! Pathetic

Well you can if it is free agents like Skacel. They have defaulted twice and have only a couple of home games coming up lets see if they can find the money. The committee were in a difficult position in that they cant really be seen to be punishing a club too severely in the present economic climate however the process will be hopefully in place for further punishments for similar indiscretions.

Twa Cairpets
24-10-2012, 02:57 PM
So this'll be the script - Hearts mysteriously find the money to pay wages for two months, Skacel + a whole load of others are signed just in time for the derby and following a win paid for by money they don't have - again - they'll stop paying them on time again. Vlad's got it all sorted out. :rolleyes:

Missing the point here.

What are the facts as we understand them:
1) Hearts have struggled to pay wages in full for 7 of last ten months, I think it is, with the last two months being on a much reduced wage bill.
2) Vlad has effectively said "no more from me".
3) Hearts have serious cash flow issues, suggesting ST money is spent already and there is 3/4 of sweet fanny adams coming in between now and December
4) With the admitted exception of Skacel, what other footballer who can command a decent wage is going to go to Hearts when there is a history of non payment? You can nominally be on £10K a week but if it doesn't hit your account you're on nothing.
5) The only, single hope that Hearts have is that Vlad/UBIG change their stance. Given events in Bosnia, that seems unlikely.

So, we have the delicious position as Hibbys that what will happen is one of the following: (a) They're allowed to sign players, do, then cant pay them and the penalties keep escalating, (b)They're allowed to sign players but cant because they're brassic (c) They cant sign players, their best ones leave as they dont get paid anyway, and they're progressively f*****.

Even if by some miracle they scrape through the next 2 wages days, pay the squad and have the embargo lifted, my personal feeling is that this New Year derby will be the last we will see for a long time.

#FromTheCapital
24-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Sore one, not allowed to sign anyone until the transfer window opens. That'll teach em :rolleyes:

hibsmad
24-10-2012, 02:59 PM

In order for that to be the case then they would need to meet their next two pay dates.

Seriously, what is the chances of that happening? (genuine question)

Hibbyradge
24-10-2012, 03:00 PM

As as as everyone in Edinburgh is concerned, Skacel is waiting in the wings, ready to make a hero's return.

He now can't do that until the end of the year.

If they transgress again, they won't be able to sign anyone till next season.

The only analogy I can give is getting points on your licence.

Why give someone 3 points when it doesn't stop them doing what they were doing before? Then 6 then 9. Eventually, unless the driver screws the nut, he gets banned.

Hearts crime was to pay a small percentage of their squad a few days late. That's not crime of the century.

They're living hand to mouth just now and the pressure on the whole club is mounting.

Death by a thousand cuts.

Spike Mandela
24-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Ahem.

But it's yet another 'non punishment'. Hearts will not sign anyone before Dec 23rd. Neither will anyone else. These stupid bureaucratic committee's will NEVER issue a proper punishment. They are pointles, wastes of time.

Hibbyradge
24-10-2012, 03:04 PM
But it's yet another 'non punishment'. Hearts will not sign anyone before Dec 23rd. Neither will anyone else. These stupid bureaucratic committee's will NEVER issue a proper punishment. They are pointles, wastes of time.

Patience.

Today's decision allows the SPL to administer a stronger penalty next time.

If they had been given a ban till the end of the season, they'd have 10 months to get their act together. This way, they have only got 2 and if they miss either pay day, they're in bother.

Put it in perspective. Hearts have paid all their staff, all their wages. No-one complained and the SPFA were not involved.

Had they not done so, then I'd be looking for further sanctions too.

Spike Mandela
24-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Patience.

Pointless.

Hibbyradge
24-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Pointless.

Ok.

Moan away then. That'll do the trick! :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
24-10-2012, 03:12 PM

BUt "anyone else" can. Hearts can't. That's the point.

Spike Mandela
24-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Ok.

Moan away then. That'll do the trick! :greengrin

No it won't. But it makes me feel better:wink:

The only punishment Hearts will ever receive is when Vlad decides to do the punishing. Mind you, he'll probably be cold in his grave laughing like Jimmy Savile by that point.

Spike Mandela
24-10-2012, 03:15 PM
BUt "anyone else" can. Hearts can't. That's the point.

Ok CWG let's keep tabs on the SPL signings in the next 60 days. I'll guess at zero what's your guess.

S4uzee
24-10-2012, 03:17 PM
We are the hibees, we'll sign who we want!

CropleyWasGod
24-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Ok CWG let's keep tabs on the SPL signings in the next 60 days. I'll guess at zero what's your guess.

My guess is zero as well. But that's not the point. The SPL aren't fortune-tellers. They are taking away a facility from Hearts that everyone else has.

Part/Time Supporter
24-10-2012, 03:20 PM

Killie are trying to sign a player right now (Sissoko).

HoboHarry
24-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Patience.

Today's decision allows the SPL to administer a stronger penalty next time.

If they had been given a ban till the end of the season, they'd have 10 months to get their act together. This way, they have only got 2 and if they miss either pay day, they're in bother.

Put it in perspective. Hearts have paid all their staff, all their wages. No-one complained and the SPFA were not involved.

Had they not done so, then I'd be looking for further sanctions too.
Exactly, the rules are being followed and measured but increasingly stiffer penalties will follow. No-one gets hanged for a speeding offence. They can't help themselves though so I would bet money that the next infraction will have them banned until the end of next August and that will hurt them big time.

RoYO!
24-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Does the embargo stop them signing free agents/ holiday makers?

Spike Mandela
24-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Exactly, the rules are being followed and measured but increasingly stiffer penalties will follow. No-one gets hanged for a speeding offence. They can't help themselves though so I would bet money that the next infraction will have them banned until the end of next August and that will hurt them big time.

The rules? Stiffer penalties? They are making it up as they go along.

Hibbyradge
24-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Does the embargo stop them signing free agents/ holiday makers?

Yes.

hibbybob
24-10-2012, 03:43 PM
I wonder if there is there anything preventing them playing Skacel as a trialist?

Hibbyradge
24-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Remember too, that other SPL clubs might find themselves strapped for cash over the next few years. Even Hibs, heaven forbid.

If it gets to the stage that a club needed occasionally to wait a few days for a home game before settling all their salary obligations, and their players agreed to wait, should they always be hammered?

I don't think so.

A progressive scale of sanctions is right.

Part/Time Supporter
24-10-2012, 03:46 PM
I wonder if there is there anything preventing them playing Skacel as a trialist?

Trialists aren't allowed in the SPL.

hibbybob
24-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Trialists aren't allowed in the SPL.

Question answered - thanks.

I recall us playing Ian Munro as a trialist ........ but that wasn't yesterday!!

Mikey
24-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Remember too, that other SPL clubs might find themselves strapped for cash over the next few years. Even Hibs, heaven forbid.

If it gets to the stage that a club needed occasionally to wait a few days for a home game before settling all their salary obligations, and their players agreed to wait, should they always be hammered?

I don't think so.

Agreed, precisely for the reason given.

Hearts will come a cropper again (probably on 16th November) and the punishment will increase. By the time we get to January/February they're likely to be shedding points.

Caversham Green
24-10-2012, 03:59 PM

I don't think so.

But if Hibs pay their players a few days late in December it means they can't sign anyone in January - at a time when they otherwise would be able to, so Hibs (or any other club) would suffer a more severe penalty than HoMFC for a lesser crime. A suspended points deduction would be far more appropriate IMO.

And in your motoring analogy a driver also gets a fine as well as points for speeding - a tangible penalty.

Hibbyradge
24-10-2012, 04:06 PM
But if Hibs pay their players a few days late in December it means they can't sign anyone in January - at a time when they otherwise would be able to, so Hibs (or any other club) would suffer a more severe penalty than HoMFC for a lesser crime. A suspended points deduction would be far more appropriate IMO.

And in your motoring analogy a driver also gets a fine as well as points for speeding - a tangible penalty.

A suspended penalty would allow Hearts to sign more players now, thereby adding to their financial obligation.

And there's still no fine.

There's no perfect solution, but it's got to be a lot worse for you if you're trying to run HOMFC.

BroxburnHibee
24-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Radge!!!!! You're being far too ******g sensible for hibs.net!

Get a grip ya bam :greengrin

HoboHarry
24-10-2012, 04:21 PM
The rules? Stiffer penalties? They are making it up as they go along.
I think it was Neil Doncaster who said that the rules, agreed to by the clubs in the summer, meant there was no fixed tariff so of course they are implementing what they think is a fair punishment at this stage. I don't mind slagging the authorities when they deserve it but it seems to me that with you they can't win whatever they do.

Hibbyradge
24-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Radge!!!!! You're being far too ******g sensible for hibs.net!

Get a grip ya bam :greengrin

Sorry mate.

It's just that this way, the Yams won't be able to feel aggrieved or blame anyone else when the inevitable happens.

This pleases me. A lot. :greengrin

Caversham Green
24-10-2012, 04:33 PM
A suspended penalty would allow Hearts to sign more players now, thereby adding to their financial obligation.

And there's still no fine.

There's no perfect solution, but it's got to be a lot worse for you if you're trying to run HOMFC.

But they're already prevented from signing anyone unless they were a free agent two months ago - which effectively is anyone that would be of much use to them before the 23 December. Another club defaulting in December would be prevented from signing anyone during the January window - a much more severe penalty despite only having defaulted once. Justice has to be seen to be done and HoMFC are not seen to have suffered anything at all with this sanction. A suspended points deduction would put them on notice for the future and would also be a visible penalty - that's particularly important in a competitive environment like a football league. If they choose to add to their financial obligations under that notice then they must suffer the consequences if they can't meet those obligations - that should be HoMFC's concern, not the SPL's.

My point about the speeding fine was that the motorist suffers a real, immediate punishment as well as the three points for future consideration, I'm not arguing for a fine in the case of HoMFC because I think it would be counter-productive.

HoMFC have broken the rules twice in succession and have suffered no tangible punishment for it - if they do it again in January/February they might get a signing embargo until June, that must worry them.

Hibbyradge
24-10-2012, 04:50 PM
But they're already prevented from signing anyone unless they were a free agent two months ago - which effectively is anyone that would be of much use to them before the 23 December. Another club defaulting in December would be prevented from signing anyone during the January window - a much more severe penalty despite only having defaulted once. Justice has to be seen to be done and HoMFC are not seen to have suffered anything at all with this sanction. A suspended points deduction would put them on notice for the future and would also be a visible penalty - that's particularly important in a competitive environment like a football league. If they choose to add to their financial obligations under that notice then they must suffer the consequences if they can't meet those obligations - that should be HoMFC's concern, not the SPL's.

My point about the speeding fine was that the motorist suffers a real, immediate punishment as well as the three points for future consideration, I'm not arguing for a fine in the case of HoMFC because I think it would be counter-productive.

HoMFC have broken the rules twice in succession and have suffered no tangible punishment for it - if they do it again in January/February they might get a signing embargo until June, that must worry them.

Your point about missing a payment in December is an interesting one, but I would hope the SPL would ensure that the effect of their sanctions were consistent and they wouldn't impose an embargo for a first offence in January.

Golden Bear
24-10-2012, 04:51 PM
I suspect a veil of secrecy will be in operation at Piggery Park on and around each pay day. It's in their best interests after all.

Spike Mandela
24-10-2012, 05:09 PM
I think it was Neil Doncaster who said that the rules, agreed to by the clubs in the summer, meant there was no fixed tariff so of course they are implementing what they think is a fair punishment at this stage. I don't mind slagging the authorities when they deserve it but it seems to me that with you they can't win whatever they do.

Someone who actually pays heed to what Neil Doncaster says, that's a first:wink:

No fixed tariff is a fudged cop out.

What is it with everyone today. Hearts appear to have been trading insolvently for several months now, Vlad has regularly aimed abuse at the authorities, 7-8 months out of the last 12 months Hearts wages have been paid late and now everyone is wanting them to go easy on Hearts. I don't get it.

Col2
24-10-2012, 05:22 PM
I suspect a veil of secrecy will be in operation at Piggery Park on and around each pay day. It's in their best interests after all.

Maybe yes maybe no. Remember they must inform the SPL immediately. Clearly if they don't they then run the risk of a much much stronger penalty if found out.

Spike Mandela
24-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Maybe yes maybe no. Remember they must inform the SPL immediately. Clearly if they don't they then run the risk of a much much stronger penalty if found out.

Surely the SPL will be competent enough to demand evidence of all wage payments in the next two months at Hearts? hmmmmmm.

HoboHarry
24-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Someone who actually pays heed to what Neil Doncaster says, that's a first:wink:

No fixed tariff is a fudged cop out.

What is it with everyone today. Hearts appear to have been trading insolvently for several months now, Vlad has regularly aimed abuse at the authorities, 7-8 months out of the last 12 months Hearts wages have been paid late and now everyone is wanting them to go easy on Hearts. I don't get it.
I don't want them to go easy on Hearts at all, but it does need to be a series of stiffer penalties as they default on wages each time. Regardless of what was done in the past, this is their second offence since the new rules came into play and they have been punished accordingly. I also don't want any fines for them. When they go tits up financially I want them to have done that all by themselves and leaving no reason for their fans to be blaming the SFA/SFL.

Just_Jimmy
24-10-2012, 05:46 PM
In what way have they been systematic cheating?

Cos they have done it time and again. They failed to pay players last seasom, they then signed beattie and he kicked them to the scottish cup final.

Everytime they field a player who hasnt been paid that month they should forfeit that game. Its akin to us signing messi, promising him 5million a game then when we cant pay him still reaping the rewards. Obviously an extreme example but its cheating.

Hammer them. Like they should EVERY club who mismanages finances.

ancient hibee
24-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Cos they have done it time and again. They failed to pay players last seasom, they then signed beattie and he kicked them to the scottish cup final.

Everytime they field a player who hasnt been paid that month they should forfeit that game. Its akin to us signing messi, promising him 5million a game then when we cant pay him still reaping the rewards. Obviously an extreme example but its cheating.

Hammer them. Like they should EVERY club who mismanages finances.

Every club?Won't be many left in that case.Do we qualify for mismanagement over the Calderwood saga?

Saorsa
24-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Sore one, not allowed to sign anyone until the transfer window opens. That'll teach em :rolleyes:Aye, well done the SPL, really gave them what for with that punishment :rolleyes: joke league run by a shower of clowns

scoopyboy
24-10-2012, 06:31 PM

My guess would have been one as early as this afternoon, Skacel would have been announced by now and the SPL knew it.

I hope Hearts are paying him a wage now and have to pay him until the embargo is lifted.

Ozyhibby
24-10-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm comfortable with the penalty.
What gives me more cheer was listening to Neil Doncaster on the radio. He was asked if Hearts had provided proof the the problem had been solved and it was not going to happen again. He dodged the question and began waffling about he hope no club gets in this position.
That makes me think that Hearts went in there and basically said that they were hoping Vlad start funding them again but could not guarantee it.
Only three weeks till pay day.

truehibernian
24-10-2012, 06:37 PM
To be honest it's the penalty I anticipated, and again I know I'll get shot down, but fair in the context of it being the first test case under the new rulings. We have to appreciate the fact that Hearts previous misdemeanours are under past laws of the game - and on both occasions they have paid all their staff, albeit days late as opposed to weeks. Their previous form suggests they will struggle again - so it's fair to give them a couple of months to pay on time - if they do but 'abuse it' by getting players in in January then default in February then I'd see the only sanction being pints deduction, and not suspended points either. That could mean the difference between a Euro place or bottom 6.

I can see the rationale, especially with Stephen Thompson on the panel - I suspect he's one of the few chairmen willing to really go for teams like Hearts for paying what they can't afford. But it's a system where you need to also be seen as fair to not just Hearts but other sides- and trust me I think other SPL clubs may suffer wage/tax payment problems.

Very amusing they can't sign Rudi yet though - he was lording it around the Tynie function suites on Sunday convinced he was going to be wearing his new numbered shirt this weekend apparently. I'd almost be tempted to see if Pat and the boys wanted '0-7' embroidered onto the strips for the festive game seeing as his 'third debut' looks like it could be v ourselves.

greenginger
24-10-2012, 06:49 PM
My guess would have been one as early as this afternoon, Skacel would have been announced by now and the SPL knew it.

I hope Hearts are paying him a wage now and have to pay him until the embargo is lifted.

That would give them time to have him registered to play us on January 3rd.

degenerated
24-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Be good to just how much skacel lords it up when gary deegan goes right through the f*****r.

ballengeich
24-10-2012, 06:53 PM
That would give them time to have him registered to play us on January 3rd.

To do that they're going to have to get payments back on schedule for the next two months. The embargo for September's lateness was in effect just a few days. For October it's two months. Both the November and December payments are due before 23rd December. If they fail to make either of these I expect them to be unable to register players until well past the January window, as the policy seems to be an increase in the punishment for each new offence.

Just_Jimmy
24-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Every club?Won't be many left in that case.Do we qualify for mismanagement over the Calderwood saga?

Aye. Every club. Let a few of the bigger issues go to the wall and itll soon sort the problem. Start with hearts.

Certainly mismanagement, financial or otherwise. The man is a clown.

Im not talking about even running at a loss, im talking about club who fail to pay wages. Who sign players they clearly cannot pay. I accept most clubs run at a loss, but very few fail to pay players 6/7 times in a calander year.

Jonnyboy
24-10-2012, 07:12 PM
To be honest it's the penalty I anticipated, and again I know I'll get shot down, but fair in the context of it being the first test case under the new rulings. We have to appreciate the fact that Hearts previous misdemeanours are under past laws of the game - and on both occasions they have paid all their staff, albeit days late as opposed to weeks. Their previous form suggests they will struggle again - so it's fair to give them a couple of months to pay on time - if they do but 'abuse it' by getting players in in January then default in February then I'd see the only sanction being pints deduction, and not suspended points either. That could mean the difference between a Euro place or bottom 6.

I can see the rationale, especially with Stephen Thompson on the panel - I suspect he's one of the few chairmen willing to really go for teams like Hearts for paying what they can't afford. But it's a system where you need to also be seen as fair to not just Hearts but other sides- and trust me I think other SPL clubs may suffer wage/tax payment problems.

Very amusing they can't sign Rudi yet though - he was lording it around the Tynie function suites on Sunday convinced he was going to be wearing his new numbered shirt this weekend apparently. I'd almost be tempted to see if Pat and the boys wanted '0-7' embroidered onto the strips for the festive game seeing as his 'third debut' looks like it could be v ourselves.

Who fancies phoning Tynie tomorrow to ask about sponsoring Skacel's shirt :wink:

MSK
24-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Be good to just how much skacel lords it up when gary deegan goes right through the f*****r.Is Skacel off his ****ing rocker ..?...surely he could do better than those tramps :confused:

truehibernian
24-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Who fancies phoning Tynie tomorrow to ask about sponsoring Skacel's shirt :wink:

And then not paying for a couple of months JB - in keeping with Hearts policy of course ;-)

Jonnyboy
24-10-2012, 07:16 PM
And then not paying for a couple of months JB - in keeping with Hearts policy of course ;-)

:aok: :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
24-10-2012, 07:22 PM
I think this penalty is fairly appropriate to be honest. It obviously won't have a great impact on them as most clubs don't sign too many players outwith the transfer windows anyway, but it will at least prevent the signing of Skacel for the next two months at least.

Hopefully any further cases of late or non-payment of wages will result in a points deduction and that the amount will increase with every further breach of this rule.