PDA

View Full Version : Yams Share Transfers Agreed/Cooling off period

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190

jacomo
15-11-2013, 11:54 AM
If it was, it shouldn't apply to the individual muppets, it should apply to the Foundation of Muppetry.

Someone who does something is a something-er, someone who has something done to them is a something-ee.

Examples - an employer employs someone, an employee is employed by someone else. A trainer trains someone, a trainee is trained by someone else.

Sadly, the popular misuse of attendee breaks this rule, it should be attender. Literally gets my goat. :grr::wink:

Although, once the attendee is in situ, their role is a fairly passive one. :duck:

Geo_1875
15-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Literally gets my goat. :grr::wink:

Literally!!!

Really?

JeMeSouviens
15-11-2013, 12:46 PM
How come we don't have supervisers and instructers?

I'm a ****ee if I know. :confused:

Literally!!!

Really?

Hence the :wink:, do keep up!

clerriehibs
15-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Although, once the attendee is in situ, their role is a fairly passive one. :duck:

I'm happily smug with how hibs.net regularly demonstates how hibs fans are generally so much better educated than the lesser orcs.

I cannot believe "in situ" would ever appear in context on sickbag.

Ozyhibby
15-11-2013, 02:16 PM
7 days till the creditors meeting.
Chances of a delay being announced this week?

MurrayfieldHibs
15-11-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm happily smug with how hibs.net regularly demonstates how hibs fans are generally so much better educated than the lesser orcs.

I think you are being unkind. I am sure I saw someone on sickbag saying
"I can't BELIEVE we got ourselves into this ******in situation" :wink:

Seveno
15-11-2013, 03:33 PM

Post of the week.

hibees 7062
15-11-2013, 03:37 PM

:thumbsup: :greengrin

Saorsa
15-11-2013, 04:52 PM
I refuse to go coz of FTB Mercer and i suspect there are many Hibs fans think the same way.Correct, never been there for a derby since the FTB, in fact the last time I was there was the Archie goal game. Not a ****in' brass farthing will they get from me.

Prof. Shaggy
15-11-2013, 05:26 PM

Me, I thought it a spelling error.

oneone73
15-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Correct, never been there for a derby since the FTB, in fact the last time I was there was the Archie goal game. Not a ****in' brass farthing will they get from me.

That was in the FTB days, was it not? It was ok to give him your dosh??

RIP Bestie
15-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Is that not what he said??

lapsedhibee
15-11-2013, 07:41 PM

Shirley he meant since the FTB tried to shut us down, not since he arrived at Hearts. :dunno:

steviehibsleith
16-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Seems the DD pledges are starting to drop off, over on keekback they were asking if everyone had received a letter from FOH about the 2 prominent deserters. 7600 emails sent a drop of 400 in a month wondered why the EEN were not proclaiming their 100 percent DD success rate . Is that only the second months collection ?

Danderhall Hibs
16-11-2013, 10:28 AM
How much did they raise from the bounce game they played the other night?

matty_f
16-11-2013, 10:33 AM
How much did they raise from the bounce game they played the other night?

They were into the minus numbers I believe. Which isn't like them.

Saorsa
16-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Shirley he meant since the FTB tried to shut us down, not since he arrived at Hearts. :dunno:Correct, I'd have thought that was obvious but it would seem not.

Correct, never been there for a derby since the FTB tried tae close Hibs down, , in fact the last time I was there was the Archie goal game. Not a ****in' brass farthing will they get from me.

That clear enough for you? :rolleyes:

EK_Hibs
16-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Seems the DD pledges are starting to drop off, over on keekback they were asking if everyone had received a letter from FOH about the 2 prominent deserters. 7600 emails sent a drop of 400 in a month wondered why the EEN were not proclaiming their 100 percent DD success rate . Is that only the second months collection ?

7600 is the grand total. They've never reached 8000 so that's garbage unfortunately

Gus Fring
17-11-2013, 03:44 PM
My source has just been on the phone. Strap yersels in cause he's got some tissue worthy news for us and them. This is a good one for all you who think they are "getting away with it"

Money's getting tight again. I was under the impression all would be fine on that front but apparently it's taken a quite dramatic drop recently. The Wolfsburg game was "a complete waste of time and effort" as it cost them a fair whack apparently. The fall in income is why Hearts have out their half season tickets on sale already. I didn't know they'd done that until I went looking on their site, here's the info (http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20131111/half-seasons-on-sale_2241384_3529349). The news is to "expect some offers in the future for walk ups".

Relegation is being planned for. They genuinely thought they'd be doing a lot better than they currently are. This has lead to doubts over the FOH business model going forward as it's going to take a lot longer to pay back the money they are borrowing. Attendances will drop further as will almost every other source of revenue. Rangers will likely be in the championship next season as well so a quick promotion isn't guaranteed. Expect a true firesale of players in January to raise funds and reduce costs even further if BDO are still in charge.

It's thought that this is why Mackie and Ford stepped down from the FOH board. Apparently there is a lot of deliberate ignorance ("fingers in ears stuff") when it comes to discussions of a Plan B amongst those who are left. They are adamant their plan will work and that the whole thing will go without a hitch. Ford and Mackie are reasonably well respected within the Hearts (and larger) community so they both decided it would be better to step down because, well, the most likely outcome can best be illustrated with the following smiley :******:

On the subject of liquidation and CVA's. They realistically expect that to be accepted. That's all BDO are really worried about. The quicker they get the pinless grenade handed over to the FOH the better.

So will hearts survive in their current guise? Probably, but to quote my source "Hearts are not a viable business just now" and they aren't likely to be for a few years at least, all signs point to this getting worse.

PS. When I was looking for their half season ticket news I found this and genuinely nearly spat my tea oot. Makes it pretty clear how much spin is put on these things.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20131025/wolfsburg-tickets-in-demand_2241384_3510635

Hibercelona
17-11-2013, 03:53 PM
My source has just been on the phone. Strap yersels in cause he's got some tissue worthy news for us and them. This is a good one for all you who think they are "getting away with it"

Money's getting tight again. I was under the impression all would be fine on that front but apparently it's taken a quite dramatic drop recently. The Wolfsburg game was "a complete waste of time and effort" as it cost them a fair whack apparently. The fall in income is why Hearts have out their half season tickets on sale already. I didn't know they'd done that until I went looking on their site, here's the info (http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20131111/half-seasons-on-sale_2241384_3529349). The news is to "expect some offers in the future for walk ups".

Relegation is being planned for. They genuinely thought they'd be doing a lot better than they currently are. This has lead to doubts over the FOH business model going forward as it's going to take a lot longer to pay back the money they are borrowing. Attendances will drop further as will almost every other source of revenue. Rangers will likely be in the championship next season as well so a quick promotion isn't guaranteed. Expect a true firesale of players in January to raise funds and reduce costs even further if BDO are still in charge.

It's thought that this is why Mackie and Ford stepped down from the FOH board. Apparently there is a lot of deliberate ignorance ("fingers in ears stuff") when it comes to discussions of a Plan B amongst those who are left. They are adamant their plan will work and that the whole thing will go without a hitch. Ford and Mackie are reasonably well respected within the Hearts (and larger) community so they both decided it would be better to step down because, well, the most likely outcome can best be illustrated with the following smiley :******:

On the subject of liquidation and CVA's. They realistically expect that to be accepted. That's all BDO are really worried about. The quicker they get the pinless grenade handed over to the FOH the better.

So will hearts survive in their current guise? Probably, but to quote my source "Hearts are not a viable business just now" and they aren't likely to be for a few years at least, all signs point to this getting worse.

PS. When I was looking for their half season ticket news I found this and genuinely nearly spat my tea oot. Makes it pretty clear how much spin is put on these things.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20131025/wolfsburg-tickets-in-demand_2241384_3510635

Sounds about right. :agree:

I wouldn't drop the notion of them going into liquidation quite yet.

Hermit Crab
17-11-2013, 03:56 PM

Where's daffy??

Famous Fiver
17-11-2013, 04:34 PM
The bit that gets me is that they expect to be signing all these superstars on exit from administration. From timelines quoted on here it's highly unlikely they will be out of admin by the start of the next transfer window. Now, whatever we say about them, they do appear to have some saleable playing assets, so surely if BDO are doing theoir job to save this sinking ship they will be selling players, not buying them? Or am I missing something?

EK_Hibs
17-11-2013, 05:45 PM

If only the CVA prediction was more negative...
Then It'd really be daffy time

Mon the Liths!

The bit that gets me is that they expect to be signing all these superstars on exit from administration.

I'm hearing the likes of Gary Naysmith and Kevin Kyle from my Yam work colleagues?

Superstars? Eh, no

Onceinawhile
17-11-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm hearing the likes of Gary Naysmith and Kevin Kyle from my Yam work colleagues?

Superstars? Eh, no

Naysmith has signed on til the end of the year with east fife, so will not be joining them. Kevin kyle has scored something like 1 in 10 for ayr united.

Not massively worrying to be honest

Famous Fiver
17-11-2013, 06:04 PM
E K_Hibs. You obviously don't do irony in your neck of the woods. I'll try to keep it simple from now on.

DC_Hibs
17-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Expect a true firesale of players in January to raise funds and reduce costs even further if BDO are still in charge.

One measly offer so far for the now injured Holt.
Paterson might now be worth 100k with add ons

If that's their plan b then that is pleasing.

Filthy bassas

Dashing Bob S
17-11-2013, 06:15 PM

The CVA based on the unworkable, crazy FOH 'business plan' quickly became my own preferred option, as it has the creeping vines of its own messy destruction twisting through it, and leaves them unable to blame anybody but each other. I was looking forward to sitting back and watching a biblical Jambo civil war of epic proportions, as the ship slowly sank into liquidation. Please make it so.

Sadly, I still feel that it isn't going to go that way as there are too many Lith obstacles in the road and that a long, lingering admin followed by an explosive liquidation is the most likely option.

But they'll still get away with it blah blah blah...

Sergey
17-11-2013, 08:07 PM
The CVA based on the unworkable, crazy FOH 'business plan' quickly became my own preferred option, as it has the creeping vines of its own messy destruction twisting through it, and leaves them unable to blame anybody but each other. I was looking forward to sitting back and watching a biblical Jambo civil war of epic proportions, as the ship slowly sank into liquidation. Please make it so.

Sadly, I still feel that it isn't going to go that way as there are too many Lith obstacles in the road and that a long, lingering admin followed by an explosive liquidation is the most likely option.

But they'll still get away with it blah blah blah...

I wholeheartedly concur, Roberto san - way too many LT legal roundabouts to navigate before they hit clear road, exacerbated by the fact that the Lithuanian prosecutors are actually doing what's best for the Lith's, Lat's & Est's.

They are facing a smooth ride for relegation, though.

Internal combustion of FoH is going to be 'box-office' viewing and watching poor Yam fritter his cash to a lost cause is going to be comical to the extreme.

I must learn to control my tumescence in my nether regions, as I'm rock hard at the moment!

Hermit Crab
17-11-2013, 08:43 PM
They seem 99% certain the cva will be accepted. What is the feeling on here? Yes/No??

Dashing Bob S
17-11-2013, 08:45 PM
I wholeheartedly concur, Roberto san - way too many LT legal roundabouts to navigate before they hit clear road, exacerbated by the fact that the Lithuanian prosecutors are actually doing what's best for the Lith's, Lat's & Est's.

Internal combustion of FoH is going to be 'box-office' viewing and watching poor Yam fritter his cash to a lost cause is going to be comical to the extreme.

I must learn to control my tumescence in my nether regions, as I'm rock hard at the moment!

Yes, and with Fenlon no longer around to provide the bromide, it could get very messy.

Looking forward to the (next) 'deadline' for the CVA passing, which we will then be assured wasn't really a deadline at all...

They seem 99% certain the cva will be accepted. What is the feeling on here? Yes/No??

Hope yes (incredible sport with this one), think no.

Aldo
17-11-2013, 08:45 PM

From the word dot I want them totally and utter wiped off the face of this earth. Is that an answer you were after dude??

StevieC
17-11-2013, 08:48 PM

Yes.

I then expect everything to get tied up in legal wranglings .. then a delay .. then it to all fall to bits

Sergey
17-11-2013, 08:54 PM

The 99% you refer aren't really the full 'Bob Dylan' and I'd take anything they assume as a personal schadenfreude.

They haven't a ****in' clue what's going on. They don't even know who paid for the wreaths at their annual WWI get-together, or indeed, if they were paid for at all.

Just enquire about who holds the UBIG shareholding - that'll get them scratching their heads and will no doubt bring on a new 15 page thread on Kickback, with little further facts to the matter other than a few folks boshing one out that all will be OK.

Ozyhibby
17-11-2013, 09:22 PM
The 99% you refer aren't really the full 'Bob Dylan' and I'd take anything they assume as a personal schadenfreude.

They haven't a ****in' clue what's going on. They don't even know who paid for the wreaths at their annual WWI get-together, or indeed, if they were paid for at all.

Just enquire about who holds the UBIG shareholding - that'll get them scratching their heads and will no doubt bring on a new 15 page thread on Kickback, with little further facts to the matter other than a few folks boshing one out that all will be OK.

Hope your right. At some point this week we should find out if the shares are frozen or not. Fingers and toes crossed. :-)

EK_Hibs
17-11-2013, 09:30 PM

Sergey, What do you see happening if it transpires that the UBIG shares aren't frozen and the Yams manage to achieve a CVA and wriggle out of this mess they created?

Would you be of the opinion of Bajillions in that the FoH business plan is a crock and the DDI's would fall away after more than a season in the Championship?

Hermit Crab
17-11-2013, 09:41 PM

Yo Sergey have you popped over to the pm forum on the survival thread? Interesting post from lucky this evening.

Sergey
17-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Yo Sergey have you popped over to the pm forum on the survival thread? Interesting post from lucky this evening.

Just posted, prior to reading this post.

Sergey, What do you see happening if it transpires that the UBIG shares aren't frozen and the Yams manage to achieve a CVA and wriggle out of this mess they created?

Would you be of the opinion of Bajillions in that the FoH business plan is a crock and the DDI's would fall away after more than a season in the Championship?

Let's just wait to see where the circa 50% of Yams shares that 'were' held by UBIG actually are now.

No statement from anyone involved in the process even insinuates that they are still on the UBIG frozen asset books. The newly appointed insolvency practitioner has barely got his feet under the desk.

They could easily have been transferred to a Swiss holding company under Vlad's control for all I know :wink:

Hermit Crab
17-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Just posted, prior to reading this post.

Cool man. :)

From the word dot I want them totally and utter wiped off the face of this earth. Is that an answer you were after dude??

Hehe just wanting opinions. :)

greenginger
17-11-2013, 11:21 PM
Let's just wait to see where the circa 50% of Yams shares that 'were' held by UBIG actually are now.

No statement from anyone involved in the process even insinuates that they are still on the UBIG frozen asset books. The newly appointed insolvency practitioner has barely got his feet under the desk.

They could easily have been transferred to a Swiss holding company under Vlad's control for all I know :wink:

http://www.hibs.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3778460

I had a guess at that a few weeks back . So hope its true, BDO's messing with the creditor voting rules really took the wind out of my sails.

Hope your feeling better soon.

CB_NO3
17-11-2013, 11:32 PM
Can someone explain why the Ukio administrators are only accepting 2.5m?

Hermit Crab
17-11-2013, 11:42 PM
Can someone explain why the Ukio administrators are only accepting 2.5m?

We don't know if it will be accepted yet.

hibees 7062
18-11-2013, 12:54 AM

:faf:

gorgie greens
18-11-2013, 06:10 AM
the only things that have kept them going has been our inept team rolling over and a win against the sheep,there is already a drop from the diddies and hopefully there will be no change in the CVA situation after this week and i can really see the wheels comming off big time,McKay and Ford deserting at there hour of need and with five weeks till little yams visit from santa,this could be our time,and what better start to the new year than a doing from TB's green and white team.
dont think we will hear of how many diddies cancel over the next few months but it does not look as rosey as it did a few weeks ago.

greenginger
18-11-2013, 07:36 AM
We don't know if it will be accepted yet.

I don't think BDO would be perverting the voting rules to allow UBIG and Ukio Bankas votes to count in the non-connected assessment unless they knew they were voting in favour of the CVA.

Its the only way an HMRC vote against could be defeated.

Phil D. Rolls
18-11-2013, 07:43 AM
So, our best hope now is that FOH is actually a mad house, where no real decisions get made because too many people have to have their say? Just wait till its time for blazers and seats on the team bus to be allocated.

Seriously, how much sense can a group of fans bring to the table? Given Yam arrogance you have to wonder how long before they are fighting over whether to sign Rudi, or pay the electricity bill. Having gotten off with paying their debts once, what's to stop them going back to old ways?

Ozyhibby
18-11-2013, 07:53 AM
So, our best hope now is that FOH is actually a mad house, where no real decisions get made because too many people have to have their say? Just wait till its time for blazers and seats on the team bus to be allocated.

Seriously, how much sense can a group of fans bring to the table? Given Yam arrogance you have to wonder how long before they are fighting over whether to sign Rudi, or pay the electricity bill. Having gotten off with paying their debts once, what's to stop them going back to old ways?

I'm still holding out for liquidation.
They have already begun the arguments over how things should be run on kickback. It will be a small consolation if they are not liquidated to watch their attempts at running a business that has 30 straight years of losses behind it and needs significant infrastructure investment.
Let's hope they never get the chance.

Phil D. Rolls
18-11-2013, 08:08 AM
I'm still holding out for liquidation.
They have already begun the arguments over how things should be run on kickback. It will be a small consolation if they are not liquidated to watch their attempts at running a business that has 30 straight years of losses behind it and needs significant infrastructure investment.
Let's hope they never get the chance.

Once BDO scarper, then they will be at the mercy of the sharks. They're stupid enough to go down the Romanov road again, they appear to have learned nothing.

Onceinawhile
18-11-2013, 08:26 AM
I don't think BDO would be perverting the voting rules to allow UBIG and Ukio Bankas votes to count in the non-connected assessment unless they knew they were voting in favour of the CVA.

Its the only way an HMRC vote against could be defeated.

I must have missed this, I know people were banging on about the 50 percent non connected bit, but have bdo intimated that ubig and ukio aren't connected parties?

How can they justify that?

Phil D. Rolls
18-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Ian Murray MP – Independent Chair
Bill Alves – representing Heart of Midlothian Shareholders Association (HMSA)
Jamie Bryant
Brian Cormack

Garry Halliday
Jane Lewis – representing Heart of Midlothian Supporters Trust (HoMST)

Dougie Masterton – representing Save Our Hearts (SOH)
Calum Robertson – representing Hearts Youth Development Committee (HYDC)
Henry Snedden – representing Federation of Hearts Supporter Clubs (FoHSC)

According to http://www.foundationofhearts.org/faqs/

This is what's left of the board of FOH. I wonder how many of these know anything about business, and how many are well meaning, but nothing more than bowling club committee types.

Got to cling to something. It's like the 2012 cup final, when we............(continues for 1902 pages).

Looking in on KB, there seems to be a lot of hope that things will be alright, if they keep saying them for long enough. Some guy says that Donald Ford has left as he is setting up a new business for himself. Got to admire Fordy's drive, still looking for new ventures at his age.

And Mackie had spat the dummy because Ian Murray is the new FOH poster boy. Move along, nothing to see here.

I'd be genuinely worried if the control of Hibs was to e handed over to a committee, consisting of representatives of three different supporters groups.

greenginger
18-11-2013, 08:38 AM
I must have missed this, I know people were banging on about the 50 percent non connected bit, but have bdo intimated that ubig and ukio aren't connected parties?

How can they justify that?

Its on the PM board. BDO state that because Ukio and UBIG are in administration they are no longer connected to Hearts. They say they have a " legal opinion" to that affect.

To me its a crock of *****, an admin. will act the same way as directors and certainly not in the interests of small creditors of a company they have nothing to do with.

I think BDO could give Duff and Phelps a red face with this one.

Part/Time Supporter
18-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Ian Murray MP – Independent Chair
Bill Alves – representing Heart of Midlothian Shareholders Association (HMSA)
Jamie Bryant
Brian Cormack

Garry Halliday
Jane Lewis – representing Heart of Midlothian Supporters Trust (HoMST)

Dougie Masterton – representing Save Our Hearts (SOH)
Calum Robertson – representing Hearts Youth Development Committee (HYDC)
Henry Snedden – representing Federation of Hearts Supporter Clubs (FoHSC)

According to http://www.foundatio...earts.org/faqs/

This is what's left of the board of FOH. I wonder how many of these know anything about business, and how many are well meaning, but nothing more than bowling club committee types.

I don't think Murray will stick around for long either, with the referendum and (if the no campaign wins) the general election coming up. He'll take the credit if and when the FOH takeover is agreed and then ride off into the sunset. No political gain in actually running a football club, as opposed to trying to save it.

My bet is that the CVA will be approved, but the administration will drag on for a bit longer than the minimum period (four weeks) due to legal issues with securing the shares.

Jack
18-11-2013, 10:39 AM
I'd imagine other than Ford and Mackie most of the yams wouldn't have heard of the rest this time a year or so ago. Huge loss in terms of credibility and identity and as already been said their experience in running anything bigger than a cake stall at a jamboree would call into question their future.

brog
18-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Pleased to see that 2 x 707 people have now voted in the poll! :wink: Mind you, I think if we could all vote again the % for extinction would be significantly higher!

Crazyhorse
18-11-2013, 11:04 AM

To be fair even Bob Dylan has been only been the full 'Bob Dylan' occasionally since 1967.

Phil D. Rolls
18-11-2013, 11:11 AM
To be fair even Bob Dylan has been only been the full 'Bob Dylan' occasionally since 1967.

You've got a nerve to say that!:greengrin

Onceinawhile
18-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Its on the PM board. BDO state that because Ukio and UBIG are in administration they are no longer connected to Hearts. They say they have a " legal opinion" to that affect.

To me its a crock of *****, an admin. will act the same way as directors and certainly not in the interests of small creditors of a company they have nothing to do with.

That's ridiculous.

BDO have done well for HMFC though on that count though. Unfortunately.

Baker9
18-11-2013, 12:32 PM

And no helping hand to lend, probably. :agree:

Phil MaGlass
18-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Pleased to see that 2 x 707 people have now voted in the poll! :wink: Mind you, I think if we could all vote again the % for extinction would be significantly higher!

Was thinking the same not long ago, maybe a new poll is called for?

Treadstone
18-11-2013, 01:04 PM
I don't think Murray will stick around for long either, with the referendum and (if the no campaign wins) the general election coming up. He'll take the credit if and when the FOH takeover is agreed and then ride off into the sunset. No political gain in actually running a football club, as opposed to trying to save it.

'lucky' on the PM board alluded to such a situation on Sunday afternoon.

Liberal Hibby
18-11-2013, 01:05 PM

If that's the case then surely HMRC will challenge it. And I'd bet their lawyers are bigger and better than BDO's.

Dashing Bob S
18-11-2013, 01:17 PM

I pray that this CVO goes through and group of reasonable fans, with sound leadership, and an innovative and sound financial structure behind them, can seize the reins of this great institution.

jacomo
18-11-2013, 01:28 PM

My bet is that the CVA will be approved, but the administration will drag on for a bit longer than the minimum period (four weeks) due to legal issues with securing the shares.

I always wondered what Murray thought he was getting out of this by getting involved. By agreeing to become chair of FoH his fate is now defined by their success or failure.

In the very best scenario (for him), he rescues Hearts from immediate danger but then either leaves or hangs around as the club gets relegated and adjusts to a very different reality, without a sugar daddy pumping in funds from elsewhere. Meanwhile, he's not done himself any favours with the green half of the city.

Geo_1875
18-11-2013, 01:47 PM
I always wondered what Murray thought he was getting out of this by getting involved. By agreeing to become chair of FoH his fate is now defined by their success or failure.

In the very best scenario (for him), he rescues Hearts from immediate danger but then either leaves or hangs around as the club gets relegated and adjusts to a very different reality, without a sugar daddy pumping in funds from elsewhere. Meanwhile, he's not done himself any favours with the green half of the city.

They might employ him when his arse gets kicked out of Westminster. Though what he's qualified to do I don't know.

Dashing Bob S
18-11-2013, 02:09 PM
'lucky' on the PM board alluded to such a situation on Sunday afternoon.

Yes, he's a total arse of a man but has the politicians nose for claiming credit and avoiding disaster. He will want to disentangle himself as soon as possible from the financial and administrative holocaust that will be the FOH CVA, if it ever comes to pass. Watch out for 'parliamentary commitments' suddenly becoming more pressing.

Treadstone
18-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Yes, he's a total arse of a man but has the politicians nose for claiming credit and avoiding disaster. He will want to disentangle himself as soon as possible from the financial and administrative holocaust that will be the FOH CVA, if it ever comes to pass. Watch out for 'parliamentary commitments' suddenly becoming more pressing.

I'm sure there is a list Bob. "Misdemeanours and Actions"

Affair = "Spend more time with family"
Criminal trial = "Fight to clear my name"
Overlooked for promotion = "Political differences"

Ian Murray could be the debut for a new entry : Jumping from a financial basket case as internal bun fight ensues.

bingo70
18-11-2013, 02:48 PM
http://www.foundationofhearts.org/chairmans-email-update/

It’s been a few weeks since I last wrote to you. Much has been going on, not least moving towards the CVA meetings scheduled for 22nd November and 29th November.

This process is led by BDO as the administrators of Heart of Midlothian plc.

The past few weeks have been frustrating whilst we have been awaiting the appropriate legal processes to be concluded in Lithuania. It is an incredibly complicated process and we are grateful for the patience of the supporters at this time. I thought it may also be worth giving a little explanation to you on how the process works.

The Creditors Meeting will take place on 22nd November

In order for a CVA to proceed it requires acceptance by at least 75% of the creditors

Creditor votes are determined by percentage of debt – therefore Ukio Bankas and UBIG are they key creditors (with over 80% of the value of the debt between them) – if they vote in favour, this part of the CVA can proceed

The Members/Shareholders Meeting is set for 29th November

In order for the CVA to proceed at this time, 50% of shareholders must pass the proposal

Votes are determined by percentage of shares – therefore because UBIG and Ukio Bankas account for 79.9% of the shareholding they are again key to acceptance of the proposal

Should both meetings proceed as noted above there will then be a 30 day cooling off period

After that time BDO can begin the process of taking Hearts out of administration, although this tends to take a few more weeks

This week we also announced that Alex Mackie and Donald Ford have stepped down from the board of the Foundation.

Both played a big part in establishing the ethos of the Foundation of Hearts, and we are pleased they will continue to support the project to lead Scottish football’s biggest ever supporter movement.

The Foundation of Hearts will continue to evolve, as is necessary to deal with each of the challenges to save, stabilise, and secure the club’s future.

If a CVA is agreed, and all the necessary legal requirements are satisfied we should then be in a position to explain a bit more about plans going forward, particularly in the short term.

Your support is absolutely critical. Without the backing of over 7,600 contributors we would not be in a position where Hearts can eventually have a brighter future.

We will be announcing some exciting initiatives in the near future and we will communicate with you all when more information is available.

Is there anything new in this or does this clear anything up?

Geo_1875
18-11-2013, 03:09 PM

This is typical yam bollox. At the top it says the Chairman wrote to the 7,600 contributors yet the body of the letter refers to "over 7,600". He also refers to "Scottish football's biggest ever supporter movement". Any OF home match is a bigger supporter movement than FoH unless he's talking about the amount of **** produced.

Dashing Bob S
18-11-2013, 03:10 PM

The telling line:

Should both meetings proceed as noted above there will then be a 30 day cooling off period.

That one caveat of fearful reality sandwiched in-between a load of pap PR speak.

Weststandwanab
18-11-2013, 03:35 PM
The telling line:

Should both meetings proceed as noted above there will then be a 30 day cooling off period.

That one caveat of fearful reality sandwiched in-between a load of pap PR speak. Absolutely correct and hotly followed by if....

Onceinawhile
18-11-2013, 04:21 PM
I think the last few pages of this thread have descended into serious green tinted glasses territory.

It now looks about 95 per cent certain the cva will be approved and Hmfc will be out of admin by the end of this season, with a debt of circa 4 million and probably playing in the championship.

The idea they won't come back up is fanciful though. Even with the debt repayments they will easily have the second biggest budget in their league and will make the play offs. They'll probably win them too.

I think bajillions and sergey are being wildly over optimistic and perhaps allowin their club allegiances to bias whatever information their 'sources' are telling them.

Is relegation a suitable punishment for stiffing creditors for 25 million? Probably not, but thems the rules and people are going to have to suck it up soon.

Will happily be proved wrong, but liquidation is not going to happen and neither is the dds reducing to nil.

jacomo
18-11-2013, 04:31 PM
I think the last few pages of this thread have descended into serious green tinted glasses territory.

It now looks about 95 per cent certain the cva will be approved and Hmfc will be out of admin by the end of this season, with a debt of circa 4 million and probably playing in the championship.

The idea they won't come back up is fanciful though. Even with the debt repayments they will easily have the second biggest budget in their league and will make the play offs. They'll probably win them too.

I think bajillions and sergey are being wildly over optimistic and perhaps allowin their club allegiances to bias whatever information their 'sources' are telling them.

Is relegation a suitable punishment for stiffing creditors for 25 million? Probably not, but thems the rules and people are going to have to suck it up soon.

Will happily be proved wrong, but liquidation is not going to happen and neither is the dds reducing to nil.

I agree with you. Football clubs often seem to bounce back from impending doom and it is surely likely that the CVA will be accepted. BDO have been in contact with the relevant people in Lithuania for months, they would surely be ringing the alarm bell loudly if they thought it would be rejected.

I am sure the process of picking through Vlads house of cards will take years, but what's stopping them cashing in on Hearts for £2.5m and holding the cash in a designated account til they work out who has the biggest claim on it. It's a paltry sum compared to Hearts debts, but mabe they just want shot of their problem in Edinburgh?

Long term, however, Hearts have serious issues with their home ground, as laid out by the Pie Man a decade ago.

Keith_M
18-11-2013, 05:43 PM
I was just wondering how much it would cost them to get the stadium up to scratch and the Main Stand surely has to be the first place they start.

Does anyone know how much it cost Hibs to build the new Main Stand? I realise it's over a decade ago now but it would give some idea of how much it would cost for them to build something similar.

The problem for them is that as soon as they start any re-build, the rule kicks in that requires them to make their stadium UEFA compliant (if they ever want to play in Europe again). This is why Hibs had to increase the size of the pitch, among other things, when building the new East Stand. That''ll be a few million more to add to the bill, and a probable reduction in the capacity of the stands behind each goal.

Arch Stanton
18-11-2013, 05:56 PM

.................................................. ..

You'll need to explain to me what they will be using for money during this period.

Gus Fring
18-11-2013, 06:06 PM

In my latest post I made it clear that the internal feeling is that Hearts will get through the CVA. The point of my post was not about Hearts as such but on the viability of the FOH business model. Hearts are still struggling to be run in an efficient manner despite all of the allowances Administration offers. I personally can't see how Hearts will be in better financial shape if they get relegated as income will drop in several ways.

monktonharp
18-11-2013, 06:15 PM
I was just wondering how much it would cost them to get the stadium up to scratch and the Main Stand surely has to be the first place they start.

Does anyone know how much it cost Hibs to build the new Main Stand? I realise it's over a decade ago now but it would give some idea of how much it would cost for them to build something similar.

The problem for them is that as soon as they start any re-build, the rule kicks in that requires them to make their stadium UEFA compliant (if they ever want to play in Europe again). This is why Hibs had to increase the size of the pitch, among other things, when building the new East Stand. That''ll be a few million more to add to the bill, and a probable reduction in the capacity of the stands behind each goal. did it not cost Hibernian just over £6m, to build the new East Stand? and that is really a basic set-up single tier which was done at a time when construction and steel prices were almost rock bottom due to a recession. to build a new main stand, incorporating a b listed façade , main offices, state of the art dressing rooms and resturants, etc etc along with a history section/ parking blah blah. the cost does not bear thinking about. it does actually, and it is pleasing.:wink:

Onceinawhile
18-11-2013, 06:16 PM
In my latest post I made it clear that the internal feeling is that Hearts will get through the CVA. The point of my post was not about Hearts as such but on the viability of the FOH business model. Hearts are still struggling to be run in an efficient manner despite all of the allowances Administration offers. I personally can't see how Hearts will be in better financial shape if they get relegated as income will drop in several ways.

Didn't intend it to be a shot at you or anything bajillions. But they will get at least a years grace from their fans for relegation and I'm fairly sure they will come back up. By that point their debt will be minimal and they will still have a competitive budget.

You say they aren't being run in an efficient manner, but bdo are running them at a surplus even with only 3,000 season ticket sales, I don't see how that's inefficient?

You'll need to explain to me what they will be using for money during this period.

The 500,000 working capital that foundation of hearts are putting up as part of their takeover deal?

Smiggy 7-0
18-11-2013, 06:22 PM

In the very best scenario (for him), he rescues Hearts from immediate danger but then either leaves or hangs around as the club gets relegated and adjusts to a very different reality, without a sugar daddy pumping in funds from elsewhere. Meanwhile, he's not done himself any favours with the green half of the city. Especially the electorate in his constituency, though I think he has probably lost a number of us already come election time, we won't forget.

Wee Scottie Dug
18-11-2013, 06:26 PM

It certainly won't be easy for them with all of the monthly DDs being used to pay back the hefty loan, but the wage bill must be one of the smallest in their chequered history with such a small squad mainly youngsters and the few remaining experienced players all having taken wage cuts. If they do get relegated this season the target will be top 4 in the championship and then take their chances in the playoffs? I think even they could manage that based on the budget that would be required to compete at that level. Would be entertaining to see them fail though! :thumbsup:

degenerated
18-11-2013, 06:31 PM
did it not cost Hibernian just over £6m, to build the new East Stand? and that is really a basic set-up single tier which was done at a time when construction and steel prices were almost rock bottom due to a recession. to build a new main stand, incorporating a b listed façade , main offices, state of the art dressing rooms and resturants, etc etc along with a history section/ parking blah blah. the cost does not bear thinking about. it does actually, and it is pleasing.:wink:

It was around the 3 million mark for the east, the west stand was about 6.5 when it was done though and that more like what they would need.

Eternal Hibbie
18-11-2013, 06:33 PM
did it not cost Hibernian just over £6m, to build the new East Stand? and that is really a basic set-up single tier which was done at a time when construction and steel prices were almost rock bottom due to a recession. to build a new main stand, incorporating a b listed façade , main offices, state of the art dressing rooms and resturants, etc etc along with a history section/ parking blah blah. the cost does not bear thinking about. it does actually, and it is pleasing.:wink:

Think that was the original quote for the stand but after the economy went pear-shaped they built it for around the three million mark

Gus Fring
18-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Didn't intend it to be a shot at you or anything bajillions. But they will get at least a years grace from their fans for relegation and I'm fairly sure they will come back up. By that point their debt will be minimal and they will still have a competitive budget.

You say they aren't being run in an efficient manner, but bdo are running them at a surplus even with only 3,000 season ticket sales, I don't see how that's inefficient?

They arent though. I thought that too until speaking to my source yesterday. They are getting desperate for cash again as match day revenues are falling and in particular hospitality has dropped significantly. This is why half season tickets are on sale already. Most clubs will wait until late December/January to start allowing or relying on Half season ticket attendances. It was hoped the Wolfsburg game would raise some funds but it actually cost them money.

If they get relegated and come back up, their debt will be the same because no payments are due to be made until the 2015/16 season. The first full seasons Direct Debits are for running the club. There is no way they will keep the direct debit numbers up if they get relegated and everyone knows it.

Mackie and Ford have already seen the iceberg, the current business plan is pie in the sky stuff.

Phil D. Rolls
18-11-2013, 06:52 PM
Is it possible that relegation will not be the financial disaster we envisage? Hibs had amazing attendances in D1, the combination of something to genuinely challenge for, and winning every week had the fans turning out.

Given that Sevco, can get TV money whatever division they are in, Yamco could surely get a cut of that as well.

I think relegation will only really be disastrous if they are skint and can't pay anymore than the likes of Falkirk, or Dundee. The last time they were on the big adventure, they were potless, but I'm starting to fear that this time, they may have a bit more scope..

How much will they have to play with? Some Yams are still talking about avoiding the drop.

They arent though. I thought that too until speaking to my source yesterday. They are getting desperate for cash again as match day revenues are falling and in particular hospitality has dropped significantly. This is why half season tickets are on sale already. Most clubs will wait until late December/January to start allowing or relying on Half season ticket attendances. It was hoped the Wolfsburg game would raise some funds but it actually cost them money.

If they get relegated and come back up, their debt will be the same because no payments are due to be made until the 2015/16 season. The first full seasons Direct Debits are for running the club. There is no way they will keep the direct debit numbers up if they get relegated and everyone knows it.

Mackie and Ford have already seen the iceberg, the current business plan is pie in the sky stuff.

On KB, they are saying that VW paid Wolsburgs costs, and that the Yams actually made 40 grand on the venture.

Ozyhibby
18-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Costs for a main stand with internal fit out, corporate and function suites, media facilities will be somewhere between £2-3k per seat.
Making the whole stadium UEFA compliant will add to this.

Is it possible that relegation will not be the financial disaster we envisage? Hibs had amazing attendances in D1, the combination of something to genuinely challenge for, and winning every week had the fans turning out.

Given that Sevco, can get TV money whatever division they are in, Yamco could surely get a cut of that as well.

I think relegation will only really be disastrous if they are skint and can't pay anymore than the likes of Falkirk, or Dundee. The last time they were on the big adventure, they were potless, but I'm starting to fear that this time, they may have a bit more scope..

How much will they have to play with? Some Yams are still talking about avoiding the drop.

Hibs lost a fortune when we went down. We went heavily into debt to ensure we came straight back up. They can't do that as they have no borrowing facility.

Stewboy
18-11-2013, 07:27 PM
We may have had great attendances but how much too get in? We also didn't gave a 'share' scheme and a monthly subscription to keep the club going

Dumbarton at home in January may not be a huge draw

Gus Fring
18-11-2013, 07:34 PM
On KB, they are saying that VW paid Wolsburgs costs, and that the Yams actually made 40 grand on the venture.

The gate would have been £80k max based on everyone that attended paying £15. But let's say the average price for a ticket was £10 that's £55k. If someone can explain to me how Hearts managed to police and steward a football match for £15k then maybe I'll start to believe them.

Also, just for anyone that doubts my info (more on Sickback than here) then you'll see that hospitality is now being heavily pushed on their website. If it was doing as well as they claim, why would it need to be pushed? It's small, but still a sign.

We may have had great attendances but how much too get in? We also didn't gave a 'share' scheme and a monthly subscription to keep the club going

Dumbarton at home in January may not be a huge draw

Thats important. Hearts currently charge upto £28 for a walk up ticket. Livingston charge £16 as a comparison. If Hearts charge the same and even if their attendances stay the same that's still a 42% on their dearest ticket.

Sammy7nil
18-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Hibs lost a fortune when we went down. We went heavily into debt to ensure we came straight back up. They can't do that as they have no borrowing facility.

As said early we did not have The Rangers in league and the promise of likely TV money.
We did however stroll the league it will be interesting see if their fans turn out in numbers if very early on it is obvious they are playing for 2nd or 3rd.

RIP Bestie
18-11-2013, 07:41 PM
My feeling is that a CVA is still a long long way off.
I predict that BDO will force the sale of players in January to finance the running of the club in the interim and that any CVA that is agreed will not include the PBS.
just sayin likes.

Gus Fring
18-11-2013, 07:48 PM
As said early we did not have The Rangers in league and the promise of likely TV money.
We did however stroll the league it will be interesting see if their fans turn out in numbers if very early on it is obvious they are playing for 2nd or 3rd.

Clubs in the same league as Rangers don't get much TV money as the matches shown only involve Rangers. Hearts would play them 4 times maximum and would need everyone of those matches to be televised, which is unlikely as matches on TV at Ibrox are limited to 3.

Crazyhorse
18-11-2013, 07:59 PM

sorry been in the basement mixin' up the medicine all day....anyway you could say I gotta lotta nerve...

brog
18-11-2013, 08:03 PM

I'm not sure how you know or believe they're being run at a surplus. Even with the current exceptional circumstances, low or no wages & crowds up, they're still begging businesses to buy hospitality & I see no reason to doubt Bajillions when he says they're getting ready to sell half seasons now.
On a separate matter we must remember that F of H offer of £2.5m will be reduced by possibly as much as £1m to pay BDO fees. The Liths will have to be really desperate to accept £1.5/2.0m to get rid of that skanky lot. I also think HMRC may yet play a part. I can't imagine they're too happy at being shafted by their 2nd Scottish club in a couple of years.

Phil D. Rolls
18-11-2013, 08:04 PM
sorry been in the basement mixin' up the medicine all day....anyway you could say I gotta lotta nerve...

I wouldn't dream of saying it about The Beatles.

JeMeSouviens
18-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Clubs in the same league as Rangers don't get much TV money as the matches shown only involve Rangers. Hearts would play them 4 times maximum and would need everyone of those matches to be televised, which is unlikely as matches on TV at Ibrox are limited to 3.

There is no extra money for TV appearances given to the New Huns or anyone that features playing against them. It goes into a central pot and is distributed throughout the entire SPFL along with other central income (sponsorship etc) in 2 lumps: a fixed, equal amount to all clubs towards the start of the season and a second lump at the end of the season based on finishing position.

The winner of the "Championship" receives a good bit less than any of the "Premiership" clubs.

Jack
18-11-2013, 08:47 PM

I'm sure if VW were paying we'd have heard about it before now. Add to that allisbarry fluffing his lines about how much they made when writing his fairy story.

Sounds very lupo to me.

Phil D. Rolls
18-11-2013, 09:11 PM
I'm sure if VW were paying we'd have heard about it before now. Add to that allisbarry fluffing his lines about how much they made when writing his fairy story.

Sounds very lupo to me.

Kind of thought that. Surely VW would want some exposure in return? How much did allisbarry say they'd made?

Sounds like there's a golf between facts and Yam figures.

Gus Fring
18-11-2013, 09:13 PM

Sounds very lupo to me.

His article afterwards was the worst piece of spin I've ever seen. 6000 fans would be poor for an SPL match never mind a glamour friendly designed to help the club.

Jack
18-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Kind of thought that. Surely VW would want some exposure in return? How much did allisbarry say they'd made?

Sounds like there's a golf between facts and Yam figures.

Mr Allisbarry claimed it would take a while to work it all out but implied it went well IIRC

lord bunberry
18-11-2013, 11:41 PM
I'm not sure how you know or believe they're being run at a surplus. Even with the current exceptional circumstances, low or no wages & crowds up, they're still begging businesses to buy hospitality & I see no reason to doubt Bajillions when he says they're getting ready to sell half seasons now.
On a separate matter we must remember that F of H offer of £2.5m will be reduced by possibly as much as £1m to pay BDO fees. The Liths will have to be really desperate to accept £1.5/2.0m to get rid of that skanky lot. I also think HMRC may yet play a part. I can't imagine they're too happy at being shafted by their 2nd Scottish club in a couple of years.

They're not just getting ready to sell half season tickets they've already started selling them. They've got an advert on radio fourth, god knows how they can afford that.

CyberSauzee
19-11-2013, 06:31 AM
If they need money it's about time they had their annual share issue. Whatever happened to those bloodied-turd coloured certificates from last year?

Joy Zipper
19-11-2013, 06:54 AM

Sounds very lupo to me.

I think we may all be missing the point - the match wasn't only about raising funds. This is taken from Mr Southern via the HMFC website :-

""Additionally, we have now also made very good direct contacts with an excellent club in one of Europe's strongest leagues as well as welcoming a sizeable foreign media contingent which has increased the profile of Heart of Midlothian Football Club in Germany in the last few days."

Blah, blah, blah........

Geo_1875
19-11-2013, 07:24 AM
I think we may all be missing the point - the match wasn't only about raising funds. This is taken from Mr Southern via the HMFC website :-

""Additionally, we have now also made very good direct contacts with an excellent club in one of Europe's strongest leagues as well as welcoming a sizeable foreign media contingent which has increased the profile of Heart of Midlothian Football Club in Germany in the last few days."

Blah, blah, blah........

They're probably touting themselves around Europe as the best group of youngsters in Scotland, probably Britain, and all for sale in January.

dangermouse
19-11-2013, 07:26 AM

Urban Myth apparently. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with the figures to back this up.

nribs
19-11-2013, 07:39 AM
How much does it cost to run the undersoil heating? C'mon the frost :)

Bostonhibby
19-11-2013, 07:50 AM

Blah, blah, blah........

Aye, there must have been an enormous press pack and hundreds of TV vans parked in their stolen car park paying a tenner a head!

Why would the "media" turn up in any great numbers to a meaningless friendly against Wolfsburg reserves?

Those who did turn up would have been hugely impressed by the mighty Wongadome and it will be spoken about round the world I am sure. Interesting that the "links" referred to are not actually defined.

Why would any decent foreign club align itself there?-the whiff of Romanov will be around the place for years and this is a club forever associated with employing paedophiles, stealing from charities, a shameful list of creditors, fans who rip off their own fans, fans who steal from their own charities.....

Or is it the attraction of them being sponsored by a money lending pariah that has been attacked for its methods by Church leaders? All great stuff if your club has a positive image and plays within the rules..............I could go on.

Romanov may have gone but we should be grateful Southern is still there doing his bit.

Mr Allisbarry claimed it would take a while to work it all out but implied it went well IIRC

Don't see how, all they have to do is add up all the cash received on the night and there's the total. Its not as if they will be paying anything out to anyone, all suppliers and the cops, HMRC and the council will have unknowingly been donating their services free again.

Fife-Hibee
19-11-2013, 07:57 AM

Do they have undersoil heating ?

lapsedhibee
19-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Do they have undersoil heating ?

:agree: Plugged into a light socket though, so won't cost that much to run. 40w for the winter = £25.

Phil D. Rolls
19-11-2013, 08:48 AM
:agree: Plugged into a light socket though, so won't cost that much to run. 40w for the winter = £25.

For even bigger savings visit our website - bumpyoursuppliers.com.

You have to stop thinking like a Hobo. :)

Pretty Boy
19-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Urban Myth apparently. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with the figures to back this up.

It is indeed.

We had a couple of fantastic attendances of 14K+. The trophy presentation day, new year v Raith and a game v Falkirk that put us about 12 points clear by winning.

The average for the season was just over 8500 though.

MB62
19-11-2013, 09:09 AM

The idea they won't come back up is fanciful though.

What I don't understand is why a company or companies, which are due £15m in debt, would accept a CVA for £2.5m when the could quite easily almost double that by selling an asset they control, the ground. This is certainly not looking after their own creditors best interest in Lithland so why on earth would they accept it.

As for hearts coming straight back up, they have already failed in the past to do that when they were in a far better financial state than they are now so there is nothing certain in life.

jacomo
19-11-2013, 09:11 AM

Blah, blah, blah........

Not forgetting of course the ceremony beforehand where the Germans apologised for all that war business and presented a special medal for defeating tyranny. Angela Merkel expressed sincerest apologies for missing the occasion.

Jim44
19-11-2013, 09:24 AM
What I don't understand is why a company or companies, which are due £15m in debt, would accept a CVA for £2.5m when the could quite easily almost double that by selling an asset they control, the ground. This is certainly not looking after their own creditors best interest in Lithland so why on earth would they accept it.

Apparently they are likely to accept, however. What gets me is that all the creditors who are going to get zilch will probably still be supplying goods and services to the thieves as if nothing had happened. If they do, they deserve to get stung.

MrSmith
19-11-2013, 09:33 AM
When did this friendly happen? Asking cos I live next to the ground and can't recall anything of note happening recently??

brog
19-11-2013, 10:17 AM
It is indeed.

We had a couple of fantastic attendances of 14K+. The trophy presentation day, new year v Raith and a game v Falkirk that put us about 12 points clear by winning.

Not true I'm afraid. We actually never had a league attendance lower than 8.6k & we only had 3 attendances under 9k. As you say we had 3 attendances of 14k+, 1 of nearly 13k & 2 others over 10k, giving an average of a smidgeon under 11k.
I think the point most people make when referring to that season is there were probably more Hibs fans attending ER than in seasons when attendances were higher due to us playing Yams, OF, Dons etc. Despite those excellent numbers though there's no doubt Yams will suffer financially in the 2nd tier & I think promotion will be a real struggle. They've played 2 championship teams this season & drew with both over 120 mins, I don't see why that would change next season.

As for hearts coming straight back up, they have already failed in the past to do that when they were in a far better financial state than they are now so there is nothing certain in life.

I agree with both comments 100%. If you see my post #31592 above you'll note the CVA will actually net less than £2m & possibly as low as £1.5m. Just imagine if the situation was reversed & a Lithuanian football team were shafting Scottish financial institutions. I'm sure there would be an outcry with our political Yams leading the charge!

silverhibee
19-11-2013, 11:15 AM

Never mind under soil heating, where are the tramps getting the money to pay Forth One to advertise games and ticket sales for upcoming games.

F*** the h*****

Aldo
19-11-2013, 11:19 AM
It is indeed. We had a couple of fantastic attendances of 14K+. The trophy presentation day, new year v Raith and a game v Falkirk that put us about 12 points clear by winning. The average for the season was just over 8500 though.

PB

Highest attendance was 14,801
Lowest attendance was 8649

Our average was 10,433

Down 1592 from the previous season.

Liberal Hibby
19-11-2013, 11:42 AM
PB

Our average was 10,433

Yup and we lost a couple of mill if I recall correctly. Lower TV revenue and cheaper tickets adding to the fall in gates.

Ozyhibby
19-11-2013, 11:44 AM
PB

Our average was 10,433

Another myth knocked on the head.

MB62
19-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Yup and we lost a couple of mill if I recall correctly. Lower TV revenue and cheaper tickets adding to the fall in gates.

We were asked to pay the same as we had done the previous season to allow the manager to buy players and help the club, so ticket prices were not reduced when we dropped down a division.

Waxy
19-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Remember getting beat by Stranraer 2-1 at ER. Think it was our first home game since going down, they scored a corker and i remember feeling an all time low as a hibby at that point.Thankfully it didn't get any worse and we cruised back up.

PatHead
19-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Another myth knocked on the head.

Until it is quoted again next time..........

jgl07
19-11-2013, 12:00 PM
PB

Our average was 10,433

The reduction in crowds from the relegation season can largely be explained by lack of away supporters. In the Premier Division there would have been around six matches with a (largely) full visitors end (Rangers, Celtic and Hearts) and two others against Aberdeen with good visiting number then. By comparison few First Division visitors brought more than a hundred or so.

The home supporters attending was probably much higher than Hibs are getting at the moment.

southsider
19-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Apparently they are likely to accept, however. What gets me is that all the creditors who are going to get zilch will probably still be supplying goods and services to the thieves as if nothing had happened. If they do, they deserve to get stung.

If they (bdo fc) can bump HMRC so easily then why does any Company pay tax ? Just run up huge debts to all concerned then get some half-wit MP to stick up for you and nothing happens. Just carry on lads. "We won the war, don't you know". I wish i could get legal aid as i would sue MP Murray for the 2m they screwed us taxpayers for.

HibbyAndy
19-11-2013, 12:12 PM
It is indeed.

Ayr utd boxing day 14k.

brog
19-11-2013, 12:14 PM
The reduction in crowds from the relegation season can largely be explained by lack of away supporters. In the Premier Division there would have been around six matches with a (largely) full visitors end (Rangers, Celtic and Hearts) and two others against Aberdeen with good visiting number then. By comparison few First Division visitors brought more than a hundred or so.

The home supporters attending was probably much higher than Hibs are getting at the moment.

Agreed, I made our home average league crowd as 10.9k meaning there were well over 10,000 Hibs fans at each game. We certainly can't say that now. The myth is not a myth but undoubtedly Yams will lose money in 2nd tier.

Kojock
19-11-2013, 12:17 PM
What is not a myth is Hibs lost well over a million £ in the 1st Div. Can Hertz cope with a reduction in revenue. Wouldn't think so.

dangermouse
19-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Until it is quoted again next time..........

I have saved the info. Should it raise it's head again I can have an instant comeback without requiring input from other .netters :greengrin

monktonharp
19-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Not forgetting of course the ceremony beforehand where the Germans apologised for all that war business and presented a special medal for defeating tyranny. Angela Merkel expressed sincerest apologies for missing the occasion. not entirely true, Frau Merkel has a deep mistrust of Romanov, and any of his past cronies, incase he has access to her mobile phone messages and designs on taking over Deutche Bank.

bingo70
19-11-2013, 01:22 PM
What is not a myth is Hibs lost well over a million £ in the 1st Div. Can Hertz cope with a reduction in revenue. Wouldn't think so.

I'd imagine there'll be a lot of there squad out of contract in the summer and they're already down to the bare bones so they'd also have to build a whole new squad.

I will be a bit deflated if this Cva is accepted but I think relegation could be a big deal to them.

It's also worth noting it took dunfermline around 3 months to exit admin after a Cva was agreed and I'd have thought the hearts deal will be a lot more complicated so its not impossible they could be in admin at the end of the season, if that happens I think they'll start next season on -15 again. They're ****ed if they go down imo.

monktonharp
19-11-2013, 01:29 PM
I'd imagine there'll be a lot of there squad out of contract in the summer and they're already down to the bare bones so they'd also have to build a whole new squad.

I will be a bit deflated if this Cva is accepted but I think relegation could be a big deal to them.

It's also worth noting it took dunfermline around 3 months to exit admin after a Cva was agreed and I'd have thought the hearts deal will be a lot more complicated so its not impossible they could be in admin at the end of the season, if that happens I think they'll start next season on -15 again. They're ****ed if they go down imo.
ok, I see your point, but what would happen if they are clear of Admin...still get relegated....play a few games....then go into Admin...again??

PatHead
19-11-2013, 01:32 PM
ok, I see your point, but what would happen if they are clear of Admin...still get relegated....play a few games....then go into Admin...again??

We party and open another 2000 page thread? Hearts supporters say it is what big teams do and arrange a friendly against Union Berlin because they like the name. 4000 turn up, Banderson claims it as a success.

CyberSauzee
19-11-2013, 01:34 PM

That's what I think will happen. Out of admin just before the end of the season when already relegated; followed by more financial mismanagement over the summer, resulting in lots of DDs cancelled and money drying up. Into admin again, reduced income, and a season heading towards the third tier.

A slow, lingering death is far more enjoyable. It gives you something to laugh it from afar.

jgl07
19-11-2013, 01:39 PM
I suspect we can be sure that Hearts will not be signing players of the calibre of Mixu, Latapy, and Sauzée‎ when in the Championship.

How many teams have come straight back up after relegation from the top flight in Scotland. I can only recall Dundee United (after a play-off) and Hibs doing so. And no team has had to face The Rangers at that level!

PatHead
19-11-2013, 01:43 PM
I suspect we can be sure that Hearts will not be signing players of the calibre of Mixu, Latapy, and Sauzée‎ when in the Championship.

How many teams have come straight back up after relegation from the top flight in Scotland. I can only recall Dundee United (after a play-off) and Hibs doing so. And no team has had to face The Rangers at that level!

The big difference is that the teams that finish 2nd to 4th go into a play off. It gives them a better chance of at least sneaking up.

Stevie Reid
19-11-2013, 01:46 PM

Have Dunfermline actually come out of admin yet?

haagsehibby
19-11-2013, 01:49 PM

I thought Big Tel did it with ICT ?

JimBHibees
19-11-2013, 01:51 PM

The differences of course being that Rangers will be in the League and also that the play offs will be in place where Championship positions 2,3 and 4 play off against 11 of the SPFL so IMO much easier to escape and my cynical head would be that the Authorities would like nothing more than both being back in SPFL asap.

Ozyhibby
19-11-2013, 01:54 PM

Inverness under Butcher

hibbymick
19-11-2013, 01:56 PM
We party and open another 2000 page thread? Hearts supporters say it is what big teams do and arrange a friendly against Union Berlin because they like the name. 4000 turn up, Banderson claims it as a success.

:greengrin

Billy Whizz
19-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Ayr utd boxing day 14k.

I missed the 1st goal due to queues outside, was it Hartley that scored it?

Greenworld
19-11-2013, 02:07 PM

If I recall correctly though hibs had a large wage bill and some top players
To get th out of that league something they would not
Have

green glory
19-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Interesting to note the story on the Sky Sports site today had this bit removed an hour or so after it first appeared.

"Should a CVA not be agreed then Hearts will enter liquidation, bringing an end to 139 years of history."

Here's the original.

Part/Time Supporter
19-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Interesting to note the story on the Sky Sports site today had this bit removed an hour or so after it first appeared.

"Should a CVA not be agreed then Hearts will enter liquidation, bringing an end to 139 years of history."

Sounds like a Celtic fan at Sky on the wind-up (of Huns).

Also ignores the fact that Hearts have had their company wound-up once before (in 1905).

Kato
19-11-2013, 03:36 PM
PB

Our average was 10,433

I think the point at the time when it was said that "crowds were up" was that more Hibs fans attended ER that season we were down.

GreenLake
19-11-2013, 05:05 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/bid-to-brighten-up-east-princes-street-backwater-1-3193758

Is this the sweetener that gets UBIG's CVA vote. Let HMFC off the hook and the council pumps money into a more valuable UBIG property, namely the ex Royal Bank of Scotland prime location near West Register Street which the impaler wanted to turn into a Boutique Hotel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-16490988

Perhaps it's just coincidence this comes out right before the CVA vote.

Phil D. Rolls
19-11-2013, 05:36 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/bid-to-brighten-up-east-princes-street-backwater-1-3193758

Is this the sweetener that gets UBIG's CVA vote. Let HMFC off the hook and the council pumps money into a more valuable UBIG property, namely the ex Royal Bank of Scotland prime location near West Register Street which the impaler wanted to turn into a Boutique Hotel.

No way would those filthy Yams at the council let the famous go down the swannee. It stinks - not called Edinburgh ShTTy council for nothing.

Bostonhibby
19-11-2013, 05:45 PM

Dream team of the team with no shame and the council that brought you the trams? Why not? If they do it its not even as if they care about how it looks.

Keith_M
19-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Hibs had amazing attendances in D1

Well, in preparation for the history re-writers...............

The attendances in the 1st Divsion were almost exactly the same as in 2011/12 & 2012/13. That's without visits from Hearts and Celtc, meaning we actually had a much higher home support in the 1st.

:na na:

Keith_M
19-11-2013, 05:51 PM
It is indeed.

The LOWEST attendance that season was 8,600.

The average was 10,433.

Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998%E2%80%9399_Hibernian_F.C._season)

Phil D. Rolls
19-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Well, in preparation for the history re-writers...............

The attendances in the 1st Divsion were almost exactly the same as in 2011/12 & 2012/13. That's without visits from Hearts and Celtc, meaning we actually had a much higher home support in the 1st.

:na na:

My head hurts.

Garbage. The LOWEST attendance that season was 8,600.

I think you'll find it was just below 8,605.

StevieC
19-11-2013, 07:27 PM

Is this the sweetener that gets UBIG's CVA vote. Let HMFC off the hook and the council pumps money into a more valuable UBIG property

I don't see how. :dunno:

Even if it belongs to UBIG (as I have a feeling it will be another UKIO secured loan) it will be getting offloaded at the highest price possible to pay the creditors and Lithuanian pensioners.
If anything, bringing it to light may actually damage the CVA proposal as if there is a job lot of properties in Edinburgh to be sold off then why not just add Tynecastle to the list?

leggeto
19-11-2013, 07:34 PM

Even if it belongs to UBIG (as I have a feeling it will be another UKIO secured loan) it will be getting offloaded at the highest price possible to pay the creditors and Lithuanian pensioners.
If anything, bringing it to light may actually damage the CVA proposal as if there is a job lot of properties in Edinburgh to be sold off then why not just add Tynecastle to the list?

will all be tripping over drunk posties outside the penny black

GreenLake
19-11-2013, 08:02 PM

Just seems strange that at this very moment in time, the PBS is being heavily talked down in value while another UBIG property interest is located in an area suddenly earmarked for development and backed by a £60,000 council study. The timing of this publication is convenient to say the least and perhaps a signal of proof to the Lith admins. The RBS building was bought for £20,000,000 and the PBS is worth half that even at true value so there may be more to gain from a deal bent towards the former. That £60,000 study of intent to redevelop the area with shops and bars is enough to increase property value of a potential hotel site immediately.

Perhaps I am overly suspicious that fud corruption is being perpetrated in the reeky corridors of power. :greengrin

brog
19-11-2013, 08:36 PM
The LOWEST attendance that season was 8,600.

The average was 10,433.

Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998%E2%80%9399_Hibernian_F.C._season)

I prefer to use the excellent Hibs stats on this site rather than Wikipedia & if you do that we see the average attendance was actually about 10,900 for league games. Regardless the point is Yams will suffer financially in 2nd tier even if crowds do hold up as well as ours did.

Leithenhibby
19-11-2013, 09:12 PM

It also states that the Mad Man will be selling the property!.. :confused:

"Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov is likely to make a loss as he sells off some property in Edinburgh city centre."

PatHead
19-11-2013, 09:16 PM

"Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov is likely to make a loss as he sells off some property in Edinburgh city centre."

Dated 10 1 12. property prices have risen since then

Jonnyboy
19-11-2013, 09:20 PM
I see the Div One attendances subject has arisen again :wink:

I think a lot of confusion is caused by the throwaway phrase 'we packed the stadium every week' kinda thing. We didn't of course but that view helps the myth that we did :greengrin

GreenLake
19-11-2013, 09:26 PM

Sorry, that link was just an older reference to Vlad's UBIG and the RBS property from 2012 which stated the purchase price.

Hermit Crab
19-11-2013, 09:27 PM
I see the Div One attendances subject has arisen again :wink:

I think a lot of confusion is caused by the throwaway phrase 'we packed the stadium every week' kinda thing. We didn't of course but that view helps the myth that we did :greengrin

I had a s/t in the FFL at that time and I always seem to remember the east terracing being full and bouncing when we were in the first div.

Leithenhibby
19-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Sorry, that link was just an older reference to Vlad's UBIG and the RBS property from 2012 which stated the purchase price.

:aok: haha

I do normally check the date.....

monktonharp
19-11-2013, 09:53 PM
will all be tripping over drunk posties outside the penny blackthose days are gone mate, much to the chagrin of the CWU local comitee:greengrin the GPO no longer exists by the way, it's now flats for high flyers who don't have to worry about bedroom tax. the Royal Mail, as we new it a few weeks back, is now a privatised co. , ready to maximise income, sack anyone that steps oot o' line.......I could go on but wont as I am probably from a previous era now. while I'm at it though, I do have to laugh at the comments of the owners of the likes of the Guilford. probably a group of well healed mates who own several expertly positioned boozers in town. they have the cheek to complain about the street conditions underfoot etc. what part do they play in increasing lighting/surroundings of the places they take good profits from? shove an extra 30p on a pint, put a couple of doormen on at the weekends, aye they are doing a great service for Edinburgh right enough.:rolleyes:

Ozyhibby
19-11-2013, 10:09 PM
those days are gone mate, much to the chagrin of the CWU local comitee:greengrin the GPO no longer exists by the way, it's now flats for high flyers who don't have to worry about bedroom tax. the Royal Mail, as we new it a few weeks back, is now a privatised co. , ready to maximise income, sack anyone that steps oot o' line.......I could go on but wont as I am probably from a previous era now. while I'm at it though, I do have to laugh at the comments of the owners of the likes of the Guilford. probably a group of well healed mates who own several expertly positioned boozers in town. they have the cheek to complain about the street conditions underfoot etc. what part do they play in increasing lighting/surroundings of the places they take good profits from? shove an extra 30p on a pint, put a couple of doormen on at the weekends, aye they are doing a great service for Edinburgh right enough.:rolleyes:

The cost of a pint in a boozer is usually a reflection of the rent and rates payed by that pub. I imagine the the Guildford contribution to society through their rates is considerable.

monktonharp
19-11-2013, 10:16 PM
The cost of a pint in a boozer is usually a reflection of the rent and rates payed by that pub. I imagine the the Guildford contribution to society through their rates is considerable.

I cant imagine it just the way you do.sorry. try a pint at Mathers at the West end. hellava lot cheaper than even a pint in Porty!

hibbymick
20-11-2013, 06:42 AM
I've always had the Guildford doon as a bar for ****y sorts.

#FromTheCapital
20-11-2013, 06:57 AM
Anyway back on topic. **** the hearts

greenpaper55
20-11-2013, 06:59 AM
According to this it's not done and dusted yet, maybe squeaky bum time at Tynie ?.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hearts-administrators-open-cva-talks-with-ubig-1-3195030

smurf
20-11-2013, 06:59 AM
I had a s/t in the FFL at that time and I always seem to remember the east terracing being full and bouncing when we were in the first div.

The actual Hibs support held up remarkably well but the average home attendance fell because of the lower visiting support.

PapillonVert
20-11-2013, 07:10 AM

Aye, but that was because we have a 'wee team' mentality. "Wee team, wee league".

'Big teams' accept nothing less than Champions League glory every year, donthca know?

"Big team, wee league" - doesnae work, does it?

greenginger
20-11-2013, 07:39 AM
According to this it's not done and dusted yet, maybe squeaky bum time at Tynie ?.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hearts-administrators-open-cva-talks-with-ubig-1-3195030

I think Jackson's a drama queen and wants Friday's vote to be a media event so he can stand on the steps and announce,
" peace in our time " or something.
He's probably got the Lith. proxies in his drawer already.

HibbySpurs
20-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Why is there a seemingly broad acceptance that UKIO's administrators will vote yes ina CVA proposal:confused:

Is it not the case that they told BDO they could proceed to table a CVA proposal now that they have looked at and duly considered the proposal put to them by FoH:confused:

This could mean they intend to vote yes but couldnt it also mean they have considered the offer and have told BDO to follow the due process of putting a formal CVA offer on the table prior to them saying "sorry, not good enough":confused:

I'm in no way a financial wiz but I just dont see how UKIO'S vote is cut & dried, all I see is the adminstrator of that company following the due process of allowing the preferred bidder to formalise their offer to them before telling them their final decision.....

Maybe I'm totally worng here but just curious.....

I seem to recall another great footballing institution firmly believing they had their major creditor on side right up until the 1tth hour when said creditor turned round and said "Ken what? Bolt, either give us all our money or it's the liquidiser for you".........

hibbymick
20-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Why is there a seemingly broad acceptance that UKIO's administrators will vote yes ina CVA proposal:confused:

Is it not the case that they told BDO they could proceed to table a CVA proposal now that they have looked at and duly considered the proposal put to them by FoH:confused:

This could mean they intend to vote yes but couldnt it also mean they have considered the offer and have told BDO to follow the due process of putting a formal CVA offer on the table prior to them saying "sorry, not good enough":confused:

I'm in no way a financial wiz but I just dont see how UKIO'S vote is cut & dried, all I see is the adminstrator of that company following the due process of allowing the preferred bidder to formalise their offer to them before telling them their final decision.....

I seem to recall another great footballing institution firmly believing they had their major creditor on side right up until the 1tth hour when said creditor turned round and said "Ken what? Bolt, either give us all our money or it's the liquidiser for you".........

I would like to see a ...." youve shafted us....so weve shafted you " outcome.

greenginger
20-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Jackson has already told the Liths. the £ 2.5 million is more than they would get for a land sale and they should accept it.

I think he's " gone native " as they used to say in less P. C. times. :greengrin ( Yams being the natives )

Geo_1875
20-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Jackson has already told the Liths. the £ 2.5 million is more than they would get for a land sale and they should accept it.

I think he's " gone native " as they used to say in less P. C. times. :greengrin ( Yams being the natives )

Then he's lying through his teeth.

lapsedhibee
20-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Then he's lying through his teeth.

Duff and Duffer got away with it, why wouldn't BDO? :dunno:

Onceinawhile
20-11-2013, 08:25 AM

Because the cva proposal document states that ukio will accept it?

Mellow Hibee
20-11-2013, 08:30 AM

Yep, he'll be pointing to the advert he put on the FT site and saying that there was no response.

Hexham Hibee
20-11-2013, 08:32 AM
In the article the yams are referred to as "the stricken Tynecastle club" but no journalist has put his name to the article. The hootsman will be giving him/her the boot for such insubordination!

Ozyhibby
20-11-2013, 08:48 AM
If Ubig agree to accept £0 for the Hearts shares and do the same for all the other assets where do the administrators get their fees from?

greenpaper55
20-11-2013, 09:13 AM
If UBIG are getting nothing then maybe there is a chance they will stick two fingers up to the yams as why should a foreign offshoot of Vlads empire and one that cost them a fortune be the only ones to benefit from the shambles ?.

HibbySpurs
20-11-2013, 09:24 AM

Does it? I didnt realise that, thanks.

monktonharp
20-11-2013, 09:31 AM
allverycomplex and more to come yet, on this ever winding road to freedom for the gorgie boys

Leithenhibby
20-11-2013, 09:33 AM

I must have missed this one!

Where did you see this? :wink:

brog
20-11-2013, 09:42 AM

It does? News to me & I suspect BDO. Also in reference to a prior post BDO went native on day 1. They have 2 priorities, their fees & their fees but if they can look good along the way, thereby earning more work & fees then that's a bonus.

jacomo
20-11-2013, 10:23 AM
If UBIG are getting nothing then maybe there is a chance they will stick two fingers up to the yams as why should a foreign offshoot of Vlads empire and one that cost them a fortune be the only ones to benefit from the shambles ?.

It seems pretty clear that UBIG are getting nothing, full stop, in any conceivable scenario. Yes, they can vote against the CVA to punish Hearts for their cretinous behaviour, but is this really likely? The people sorting this mess out have no personal stake in this.

I also don't believe that BDO have no indication how the vote will go, unless they really are playing a high stakes game. It would seem dangerous to allow people to believe there's a good chance of the CVA going through without having anything to base that on.

jgl07
20-11-2013, 10:27 AM
The Herald report is decidedly downbeat about Hearts' prospects along the line "Heart's hopes not yet bankrupt".

It states that BDO have received no indication of how the Lithuanian administrators (presumably for UBIG) will vote.

The report signs off that a 'senior source close to the club' insisted that a rejection of the CVA would not mean immediate liquidation for HMFCplc but it would leave them in a bleak situation.

That all sounds like the odds are against Hearts to me?

Leithenhibby
20-11-2013, 10:39 AM
It seems pretty clear that UBIG are getting nothing, full stop, in any conceivable scenario. Yes, they can vote against the CVA to punish Hearts for their cretinous behaviour, but is this really likely? The people sorting this mess out have no personal stake in this.

I also don't believe that BDO have no indication how the vote will go, unless they really are playing a high stakes game. It would seem dangerous to allow people to believe there's a good chance of the CVA going through without having anything to base that on.

Duff & Phelps did it with Sevco ............

Part/Time Supporter
20-11-2013, 10:53 AM
The Herald report is decidedly downbeat about Hearts' prospects along the line "Heart's hopes not yet bankrupt".

It states that BDO have received no indication of how the Lithuanian administrators (presumably for UBIG) will vote.

The report signs off that a 'senior source close to the club' insisted that a rejection of the CVA would not mean immediate liquidation for HMFCplc but it would leave them in a bleak situation.

That all sounds like the odds are against Hearts to me?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/hearts-hopes-not-yet-bankrupt.22741291

The Herald report also states in the first paragraph that if the CVA is approved that Hearts would exit administration on Friday.

Hearts administrators BDO hope to persuade the insolvency firm in control of UBIG to support the deal that would take Heart of Midlothian Football Club plc out of administration on Friday.

Although approval of the CVA would mean that administration would probably end successfully, it wouldn't end on Friday. FOH would also need to have the shares transferred to them, the meeting for which is scheduled for next Friday. There would then be a cooling off period and, as in the case of Dunfermline, other problems can hold up the exit from administration.

I think you can take a barrelload of salt with the article if they can't get something basic like that correct.

If Ubig agree to accept £0 for the Hearts shares and do the same for all the other assets where do the administrators get their fees from?

From the £2.5M paid to Ukio.

monktonharp
20-11-2013, 11:08 AM
does this mean that BDO get half a mil, and Ukio get 1.5mil with FOH paying Ukio the other half a mil in 10months time? I think that is what the CVA deal on the table is? or have I made this up , to look like the gorgie mob are getting away with murder, virtually?

Viva_Palmeiras
20-11-2013, 11:20 AM

As with the Rangers situation and all others (Celtic even went to the wire) brinkmanship.

Ozyhibby
20-11-2013, 11:31 AM
From the £2.5M paid to Ukio.

So the £2.5m has to pay all 3 admins before the creditors get any?

Part/Time Supporter
20-11-2013, 11:42 AM
So the £2.5m has to pay all 3 admins before the creditors get any?

No, just BDO for the Hearts administration work. The balance then goes to Ukio. The Lithuanian administrators are paid from what can be raised from Ukio and UBIG. They're pursuing legal action against Romanov and there are other assets.

Eyrie
20-11-2013, 06:57 PM
No, just BDO for the Hearts administration work. The balance then goes to Ukio. The Lithuanian administrators are paid from what can be raised from Ukio and UBIG. They're pursuing legal action against Romanov and there are other assets.

Then surely the Lithuanian administrators have a legal responsibility to ensure that they recover as much as possible for each asset owned by Ukio and UBIG. That would mean ensuring that (for example) land in South Murrayfield is fairly valued and not given away to Save Hearts In Trouble for a token amount, so they should be getting a second opinion on the land value and not simply accepting BDO's flannel.

Liams
20-11-2013, 07:01 PM
For someone that hasnt taken much notice, what is the latest on this mob now? Thanks

Chibs
20-11-2013, 08:06 PM
For someone that hasnt taken much notice, what is the latest on this mob now? Thanks

Basically this Friday is D day for the poppy thieves.
and in D I mean death.

If you want a laugh get over to sickbag and the admin thread it's like a chimpanzee tea party

Part/Time Supporter
20-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Then surely the Lithuanian administrators have a legal responsibility to ensure that they recover as much as possible for each asset owned by Ukio and UBIG. That would mean ensuring that (for example) land in South Murrayfield is fairly valued and not given away to Save Hearts In Trouble for a token amount, so they should be getting a second opinion on the land value and not simply accepting BDO's flannel.

It was valued in the summer by a chartered surveyor (not BDO). £2.5M seems low but they could take the view that it's better getting that money, most of it up front, rather than wait for a possible land sale that may run into various problems (eg planning consent).

#FromTheCapital
20-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Basically this Friday is D day for the poppy thieves.
and in D I mean death.

If you want a laugh get over to sickbag and the admin thread it's like a chimpanzee tea party

Think you may be dissapointed then. Chances are that the CVA will be approved IF this meeting goes ahead on Friday. All info coming out suggests that it will be, although there may still be a few hurdles left in the process. Would be delighted if I'm wrong but can't see it.

QMU-1875
20-11-2013, 08:29 PM
And they get out of admin aswell?

degenerated
20-11-2013, 08:50 PM
It was valued in the summer by a chartered surveyor (not BDO). £2.5M seems low but they could take the view that it's better getting that money, most of it up front, rather than wait for a possible land sale that may run into various problems (eg planning consent).

My experience of chartered surveyors, albeit during house moves, leads me to believe that most are barely capable of measuring their cock never mind a football stadium.

Jack
20-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Think you may be dissapointed then. Chances are that the CVA will be approved IF this meeting goes ahead on Friday. All info coming out suggests that it will be, although there may still be a few hurdles left in the process. Would be delighted if I'm wrong but can't see it.

Is it not the case that all the information coming out is all yam friendly information from the likes of allisbarry and some anonymous MP?

Hardly surprising then that its all positive.

Dashing Bob S
20-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Hoping that the unworkable CVA is agreed on Friday, it means a lot more fun. I'm expecting it not to happen though. Which will still be fun.

Jonnyboy
20-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Strong, strong rumours that Locke is in line for the S****horpe job. Surely if he goes it's a sign that things are going down the plug hole. Why else would he leave the love of his life?

lord bunberry
20-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Strong, strong rumours that Locke is in line for the S****horpe job. Surely if he goes it's a sign that things are going down the plug hole. Why else would he leave the love of his life?

Does that mean he's off to pishtures new.

ancient hibee
20-11-2013, 09:22 PM

Doesn't want a relegation on his record?

More money?

Before he's sacked to give a bespectabled former Scotland manager the job?

Knows Sc***horpe is more attractive than Gorgie?

Sergey
20-11-2013, 09:24 PM

Heavy showers are forecast in the forthcoming days.

Joking aside, weren't Locke and Rob Jones matey before Jones' move to S****horpe? Maybe still are!

monktonharp
20-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Strong, strong rumours that Locke is in line for the S****horpe job. Surely if he goes it's a sign that things are going down the plug hole. Why else would he leave the love of his life? and the next question is................source?:greengrin: ok, strong rumours Jonny and we'll go with that just now. would be hilarious though.does it mean any replacement would get a wage? or could the MP take temp. charge:greengrin

Hibbyradge
20-11-2013, 09:28 PM
https://m.skybet.com/football/manager-specials/event/15911119

Chibs
20-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Fair point.
no one knows exactly what will happen in the forthcoming days.
but I do know this is the Fagan of football clubs.
their demise may not be imminent but it is certainly assured.
a **** team in their death throes.

Bostonhibby
20-11-2013, 10:10 PM

:confused: But there's already one **** in S****horpe :greengrin

seriously though, has he seen the place? worse than even Gorgie in every respect, except they do have a football stadium made of 20th Century materials.

monktonharp
20-11-2013, 10:39 PM
:confused: But there's already one **** in S****horpe :greengrin

seriously though, has he seen the place? worse than even Gorgie in every respect, except they do have a football stadium made of 20th Century materials.

aye, but have they stopped hanging monkeys? or is that your town, or the next?:greengrin

Coco Bryce
20-11-2013, 10:44 PM
David O'leary is getting that job I heard?

fatbloke
20-11-2013, 10:45 PM
aye, but have they stopped hanging monkeys? or is that your town, or the next?:greengrin

Thought that wiz Hartlepool:greengrin

Haymaker
21-11-2013, 12:17 AM
David O'leary is getting that job I heard?

When was he last in a job?

Haymaker
21-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Thought that wiz Hartlepool:greengrin

It is. Monkey hanging *******s!

Dashing Bob S
21-11-2013, 12:56 AM

We don't do pishing away.

DC_Hibs
21-11-2013, 05:49 AM

"It's a cracker!!!!!!"
S****horpe must have spent ages looking at all potential candidates and based on his astonishingly successful managerial track record he was THE stand out candidate.

Gary Locke - total cock. That's why his brother loves him so much.

Regards

Bostonhibby
21-11-2013, 07:18 AM

:-) nah, they eat monkeys in Boston Monkton.I don't live there, I just go there for the quality of the football on offer. They were bigger than Scunny not so long ago and had layers like Gazza, joachim, jason lee, noel whelan, Andy Kirkand even Tam McManus!

Sadly their business model was a Yam one, even their manager was convicted of tax evasion and illegal payment to players. The club was hammered properly resulting in 2 relegations. The smaller clubs get it harder than the "big"ones it seems. Nae favours for Boston it seems.

Scunny are the only top flight team left in Englands biggest county and they have been progressive and well run recently so doubt Cocke will be their man.

Glesgahibby
21-11-2013, 07:42 AM
Could UBIGs administrators propose an amendment to proposed cva?
Or if cva is knocked back could FOH be advised on what UBIG would accept?
The reason I ask is even although FOH are preferred bidder UBIG will be aware there is other interested parties.They will also be aware as quoted by one of ukios admin team"the tenacity of the fans"that saving the club without the stadium could be a last resort for FOH and would at least generate some cash for UBIG.
Basically let ukio have there security"tynecastle" and make an offer for what's left in order to avoid liquidation and the long road back as a newco.

Coco Bryce
21-11-2013, 08:09 AM
"It's a cracker!!!!!!"
S****horpe must have spent ages looking at all potential candidates and based on his astonishingly successful managerial track record he was THE stand out candidate.

Gary Locke - total cock. That's why his brother loves him so much.

Regards

Heard this morning from my Jambo workmate, that Locke is getting the bullet in Jan. Dunno how he comes to this conclusion, I think he's doing a pretty good job under the circumstances :greengrin

Billy Whizz
21-11-2013, 08:15 AM
Heard this morning from my Jambo workmate, that Locke is getting the bullet in Jan. Dunno how he comes to this conclusion, I think he's doing a pretty good job under the circumstances :greengrin

Harry Potter in?

jacomo
21-11-2013, 10:01 AM

Is it because they're not in the mix for Champions League qualification this season? Just not acceptable for such a Big Club.

brog
21-11-2013, 10:23 AM
:-) nah, they eat monkeys in Boston Monkton.I don't live there, I just go there for the quality of the football on offer. They were bigger than Scunny not so long ago and had layers like Gazza, joachim, jason lee, noel whelan, Andy Kirkand even Tam McManus!

Sadly their business model was a Yam one, even their manager was convicted of tax evasion and illegal payment to players. The club was hammered properly resulting in 2 relegations. The smaller clubs get it harder than the "big"ones it seems. Nae favours for Boston it seems.

Scunny are the only top flight team left in Englands biggest county and they have been progressive and well run recently so doubt Cocke will be their man.

My cuz played for Scunny in the 70's & was loaned to Boston along with Keegan & Clemence at that time. You're correct about smaller teams getting it tougher. I'm friends with some very bitter Luton fans down here.

brog
21-11-2013, 10:30 AM

At the sake of repeating myself forever they won't get £2.5m. BDO fees have to come off first & they will be at least £0.5m & quite possibly closer to £1m. I would not be happy knowing between 20 & 40% of the money I was getting was going to the guys twisting my arm to accept this once in a lifetime deal! There may also be political repercussions in Lithland if they accept such a paltry amount. I remain hopeful but have the DBS scenario as back up!

Just Alf
21-11-2013, 10:32 AM

Heard that earlier this week from someone connected to FoH .... only if Admin is ending tho (preferably ended, but if there's a "roadmap" that extends into Jan they'll go with it) .... maybe that's why he's starting to look elsewhere?

Treadstone
21-11-2013, 10:49 AM
At the sake of repeating myself forever they won't get £2.5m. BDO fees have to come off first & they will be at least £0.5m & quite possibly closer to £1m. I would not be happy knowing between 20 & 40% of the money I was getting was going to the guys twisting my arm to accept this once in a lifetime deal!
:agree:

What's the savvy play here for the Lithuanians ? Avoid the so called 'hassle' by knocking back the deal and employing a Scottish/Edinburgh property specialist on their behalf. Pay them a commission on any value they can realise over £2m (the absolute top whack they would receive under this 'once in a lifetime' CVA offer). The property specialist if worth their salt would not be hard pushed to achieve this considering nearly ten years ago the land was worth anything up to £16m. Post 2008 property prices have been affected but you would be looking a long time to find any other real estate in Edinburgh that is worth approximately 12.5% of its previous value.

147lothian
21-11-2013, 10:53 AM
The only CVA that I would find acceptable is one that squeezes them so tight that they have to give each and every poppy back!

Weststandwanab
21-11-2013, 11:08 AM

What's the savvy play here for the Lithuanians ? Avoid the so called 'hassle' by knocking back the deal and employing a Scottish/Edinburgh property specialist on their behalf. Pay them a commission on any value they can realise over £2m (the absolute top whack they would receive under this 'once in a lifetime' CVA offer). The property specialist if worth their salt would not be hard pushed to achieve this considering nearly ten years ago the land was worth anything up to £16m. Post 2008 property prices have been affected but you would be looking a long time to find any other real estate in Edinburgh that is worth approximately 12.5% of its previous value.An excellent point.

Zondervan
21-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Email doing the rounds in my work that national housebuilder has bid £4.5m for Tynecastle site. Also some tweets saying the same.

Makes sense.

@scottywid: Heard some bad news last night folks seemingly some national house builder has put a 4m bid in for tynecastle and FOH can only offer 2.5m

joe breezy
21-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Saw a tweet from a concerned Hearts fan saying the same....just one tweet but said it was based on a conversation with a surveyor :cb

Wee Scottie Dug
21-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Email doing the rounds in my work that national housebuilder has bid £4.5m for Tynecastle site. Also some tweets saying the same.

Makes sense.

@scottywid: Heard some bad news last night folks seemingly some national house builder has put a 4m bid in for tynecastle and FOH can only offer 2.5m

Hopefully that bid has reached the offices of Valnetas and BAP in Lithland in time for them to reconsider their voting strategy for Friday!! :greengrin

PS wouldn't mind a copy of that e-mail Mr C.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Now that would be pleasing

StevieC
21-11-2013, 11:41 AM

Can they actually submit a bid for the site? Would they not have to submit a CVA (same as FoH)?

:dunno:

EH6 Hibby
21-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Can they actually submit a bid for the site? Would they not have to submit a CVA (same as FoH)?

Not if they're not buying the club they wouldn't. I may he wrong on that though.

DaveF
21-11-2013, 11:44 AM

Makes sense.

Would assume this is some Jambo's at the wind up.

Gus Fring
21-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Interview with Gary Locke from today's Evening News:

I’m a supporter as well and you just want Hearts to get back on their feet again. I think that’s what everybody wants. It might be a wee bit longer than everybody thinks. At the start of the season, we weren’t in a favourable position but thanks to the fans’ support we’ve got ourselves into a position where hopefully a CVA can be agreed.

“If that’s the case, we can all begin to look ahead instead of looking back all the time. Being able to make signings in January would be great. We’ve said all along we’ve got a paper-thin squad and a young squad. At the start of any season, you’re looking to start with about 25 players. We have a squad of around 14 or 15, and then we’ve had to add younger lads at 16 and 17 years old to make up the numbers.

“It would be great if we could strengthen the team but the most important thing is to get out of administration and start moving in the right direction.”

Barry bawheed must have forgotten to correct peeman and politely inform him that Hearts have a transfer embargo in place that will last through the month of January irrespective of whether or not a CVA is agreed. That's the point of the punishment!

bingo70
21-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Would assume this is some Jambo's at the wind up.

Would that not be a pretty ***** wind up for them to do against their own fans?

Surely more likely to be a hibs fan at the wind up if anyone?

JeMeSouviens
21-11-2013, 11:49 AM

No, any CVA proposal would be based on wanting to take Yams FC on as a going concern. I don't see why they couldn't put a bid in to BDO? I don't think there's anything to stop BDO selling off assets in the creditors' interests. I guess they might find that hard to reconcile with their duty to try and keep the business afloat.

JeMeSouviens
21-11-2013, 11:51 AM

Barry bawheed must have forgotten to correct peeman and politely inform him that Hearts have a transfer embargo in place that will last through the month of January irrespective of whether or not a CVA is agreed. That's the point of the punishment!

They can sign under 21s as soon as they come out of admin.

Wee Scottie Dug
21-11-2013, 11:52 AM

Technically speaking they could make signings (if they were out of Admin) they just cant register them until 1/2 ...... :cb

Crossgates Hibs
21-11-2013, 11:52 AM

Makes sense.

This would be amazing if true just as they are starting to crow about signing players etc. not normally into kicking somebody when down but the Yams are a special case.

DaveF
21-11-2013, 11:53 AM

Hibs or Hearts, I suspect it's someone fishing for a reaction rather than fact.

Ozyhibby
21-11-2013, 11:54 AM
No, any CVA proposal would be based on wanting to take Yams FC on as a going concern. I don't see why they couldn't put a bid in to BDO? I don't think there's anything to stop BDO selling off assets in the creditors' interests. I guess they might find that hard to reconcile with their duty to try and keep the business afloat.

Not really. They could sell Tynecastle to a house builder and still sell Hearts to FoH through a CVA. Job done.

Zondervan
21-11-2013, 11:55 AM

The email originated from a person who worked for the housebuilder.

The tweet I copied on here is from a definite Jambo, so not a wind-up on his part.

Could all be rubbish of course, but you never know......

JeMeSouviens
21-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Not really. They could sell Tynecastle to a house builder and still sell Hearts to FoH through a CVA. Job done.

They could, but even without Tiny, they still need the Biddies to put up the cash for football debt, working capital and ground rent. Without Tiny, that would be an unsecured loan to a bunch of fannies. Tricky. :cb

Gus Fring
21-11-2013, 12:03 PM
It's entirely possible this "bid" isn't a bid at all. It's the house builder saying "if you liquidate we'll give you £4m just for the land, that mob are only giving you £2.5m for the whole kit and caboodle"

Ozyhibby
21-11-2013, 12:05 PM
They could, but even without Tiny, they still need the Biddies to put up the cash for football debt, working capital and ground rent. Without Tiny, that would be an unsecured loan to a bunch of fannies. Tricky. :cb

:-)

Weststandwanab
21-11-2013, 12:14 PM

:dunno: They can.

Not if they're not buying the club they wouldn't. I may he wrong on that though. You are quite correct

Surely more likely to be a hibs fan at the wind up if anyone? It was not me.

Not really. They could sell Tynecastle to a house builder and still sell Hearts to FoH through a CVA. Job done. That would be an excellent outcome.

It's entirely possible this "bid" isn't a bid at all. It's the house builder saying "if you liquidate we'll give you £4m just for the land, that mob are only giving you £2.5m for the whole kit and caboodle" Now If was advising Housebuild Co that is the way I would do it.

Glesgahibby
21-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Could UBIGs administrators propose an amendment to proposed cva?
Or if cva is knocked back could FOH be advised on what UBIG would accept?
The reason I ask is even although FOH are preferred bidder UBIG will be aware there is other interested parties.They will also be aware as quoted by one of ukios admin team"the tenacity of the fans"that saving the club without the stadium could be a last resort for FOH and would at least generate some cash for UBIG.
Basically let ukio have there security"tynecastle" and make an offer for what's left in order to avoid liquidation and the long road back as a newco.
Sorry for re posting my earlier post but,,
This or something close to this is now my prediction :wink:

Famous Fiver
21-11-2013, 02:15 PM
I might not be up to speed but is today the day of a meeting about CVA? If this is the case, is it here or in Lithuania? They are a couple of hours ahead of us so if they are anything like Edinburgh's public services they'll be in the pub by now. Anybody got any news?

Moulin Yarns
21-11-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm sure it's tomorrow.

andrew70
21-11-2013, 02:20 PM
CVA Meeting put back until the 29th - according to Bathgate on twitter

jonty
21-11-2013, 02:25 PM
CVA Meeting put back until the 29th - according to Bathgate on twitter

#Hearts creditors' meeting tomorrow has been adjourned at the request of Ukio Bankas & UBIG (via @stuart_bathgate).

hibbymick
21-11-2013, 02:27 PM
It would seem this property developer has put a spanner in the works :wink: