PDA

View Full Version : Yams Share Transfers Agreed/Cooling off period

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-07-2013, 04:58 AM
A sure fire way to keep the thread on the first page is by posting on it, hence your post is rather self defeating!

hibbypostie
27-07-2013, 05:40 AM
Got a piece of mail today from Ukio Bankas addressed to BDO recorded delivery hope it just says beat it we want more cash

joe breezy
27-07-2013, 06:56 AM
Am I the only one that is getting bored with this thread? We have just suffered one of the worst results in our history and this stuff is still on the 1st page.

This is light relief. Definitely not boring.

Football fans are relatively powerless on team results which is why I've never understood the posturing. Who cares if 11 young stupid people you don't know aren't good at kicking a ball around? Such is the case for 80% of football teams.

I want to see Hearts suffer for precisely that reason. Like old firm fans they think that 11 young stupid people kicking a ball increases their self worth, which of course it doesn't.

Being a Hibs fan is a lot more than football for me. I'd like the team to do well but they've been crap as long as I've supported them.

This is the only thread worth reading right now as 10 000 others imagine they're playing football manager on a playstation.

kev1875
27-07-2013, 06:57 AM
Am I the only one that is getting bored with this thread? We have just suffered one of the worst results in our history and this stuff is still on the 1st page.

I'm bored of posts on this thread by people claiming they're bored of this thread.

Sanger
27-07-2013, 07:38 AM
I'm bored of posts on this thread by people claiming they're bored of this thread.
This thread has the occasional lull but the dynamic of the events across the city mean they are short lived

The Green Goblin
27-07-2013, 08:02 AM

You could always make a decision not to read it though - easy :greengrin. This thread is a marathon, not a sprint like most of the others, and there's still a bit of distance to go.

Brooster
27-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Ive dropped the ball a bit on this thread this last few days due to more pressing concerns at Easter Road. Could any of the brilliant posters such as cropley, Caversham or desantos summarise things in a nutshell for me please? What are the likelihoods of exiting administration in tact or liquidation ?

Ozyhibby
27-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Bored of this thread? No chance.
Been too angry to visit it as much yesterday but still looked in occasionally.
We have to remember, being gash is only semi-permanent for us, liquidation for them will be forever.

Aldo
27-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Re the bit about not having enough players.

Do they not have U17, U20 as well as a first team squad.

You cannot tell me they only have 20 players registered for the whole club.

If Doncaster and his cronies back down on this then it's a free for all for all clubs to do as they please regardless of the supposed rules.

They should of asked them for a guarantee and weeks ago at that...

Simple question

Can you fulfill this seasons fixtures

Yes prove you have sufficient means do do so

If you can't then bang... Cheerio... Ok let's bring in the team that finished 2nd in the 1st Div

This debacle should of been sorted weeks ago but the SPFL being the SPFL things have dragged on and on. It's potentially to late.

The most important thing here is the rules are adhered to and and the SPFL don't capitulate cos this sends out the wrong signal to the other clubs.

I get a funny feeling the SPFL are going to do a u turn and lift the embargo and allow them to sign players in order for the first season if the SPFL to run smoothly.

I really do hope I am wrong.

royalscot
27-07-2013, 08:32 AM

If Doncaster and his cronies back down on this then it's a free for all for all clubs to do as they please regardless of the supposed rules.

Simple question

If you can't then bang... Cheerio... Ok let's bring in the team that finished 2nd in the 1st Div

This debacle should of been sorted weeks ago but the SPFL being the SPFL things have dragged on and on. It's potentially to late.

The most important thing here is the rules are adhered to and and the SPFL don't capitulate cos this sends out the wrong signal to the other clubs.

I get a funny feeling the SPFL are going to do a u turn and lift the embargo and allow them to sign players in order for the first season if the SPFL to run smoothly.

I think if this happens then the support will vote with their feet via their chairman

poolman
27-07-2013, 08:42 AM

Don't click on it then.....jeezo

Magnifique
27-07-2013, 08:58 AM

Simple question

Why will putting them in the first division make any difference, they will mess up whatever league they are in if they cannot guarantee to complete their fixtures. If they are playing smart ***** and trying to bend the authorities arms punt them clean out of the professional leagues altogether. Simple question Mr Yam can you guarantee you will complete your fixtures? If no boot em out altogether, move everyone up a slot and bring in a new club at the bottom.

Aldo
27-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Why will putting them in the first division make any difference, they will mess up whatever league they are in if they cannot guarantee to complete their fixtures. If they are playing smart ***** and trying to bend the authorities arms punt them clean out of the professional leagues altogether. Simple question Mr Yam can you guarantee you will complete your fixtures? If no boot em out altogether, move everyone up a slot and bring in a new club at the bottom.

Re the bit bout relegation I'd have them punted altogether but know that wont happen. Hence the reason I said Div 1.

The yams are trying to hold the SPFL to ransom saying they don't have enough players. PISH.

They are at it and scurrying round for survival. They know they won't survive this season and will be relegated... Regardless IMHO

Phil D. Rolls
27-07-2013, 09:08 AM

Football fans are relatively powerless on team results which is why I've never understood the posturing. Who cares if 11 young stupid people you don't know aren't good at kicking a ball around? Such is the case for 80% of football teams.

I want to see Hearts suffer for precisely that reason. Like old firm fans they think that 11 young stupid people kicking a ball increases their self worth, which of course it doesn't.

Being a Hibs fan is a lot more than football for me. I'd like the team to do well but they've been crap as long as I've supported them.

This is the only thread worth reading right now as 10 000 others imagine they're playing football manager on a playstation.
:top marks

Kaiser1962
27-07-2013, 09:20 AM

:agree:

I am a bit older than you then but other than that......

CropleyWasGod
27-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Ive dropped the ball a bit on this thread this last few days due to more pressing concerns at Easter Road. Could any of the brilliant posters such as cropley, Caversham or desantos summarise things in a nutshell for me please? What are the likelihoods of exiting administration in tact or liquidation ?

My views are the same as they have always been. A relatively quick administration followed by liquidation.

I don't know what offers there are; no-one, outside of BDO and the bidders, does. Other than what BJ said ("are the offers enough?" "No"), I don't know how acceptable they ( or any revised ones) are to the Liths.

The freezing of UBIG's assets is still a fundamental issue. Although they have had an administrator appointed this week, the unfreezing of the assets is still only in the power of the Lith government.

I won't get into rash predictions as to when the end will happen. I will leave that to others.

The end of my nutshell.

Sanger
27-07-2013, 09:35 AM
We have the bids now clarified. Bob and FOH offering to little in CVA and Massone offering bottom end of range in CVA but real questions as to how he would fund the running of club never mind fit and proper person. With UBIG administrator appointed we have to wait 10 days to see if appeal (a week on MondaY). At that point BDO can speak to both Ukio and UBIG's administrators who are in reality being directed by Lithuanian state as they picked up £200m bill for bailing out Ukio. According Insolvency News the Lith's want land value of Tynie. BDO think will advise that Massone is not likely to be able to run business on a healthy basis and two other CVAs too low. Having prised the bidders out and find they all fall short think they will have to liquidation to test the market for actually buying Tynie. Unlikely that UBIG will appeal as it was they that put them self in voluntary liquidation. I am expecting all this to develop and move to liquidation by end August. Lith state would freeze proceeds from Tynie sale until Romanov fraud trial/investigation concluded.

Eyrie
27-07-2013, 09:36 AM

Some of us can focus on more than one thing at a time, and countless threads calling for Farmer/Petrie/Fenlon/PlayerX/EastMains/Fans/TamMcCourt to go get a little repetitive.

And this is a deliberate bump.

steviehibsleith
27-07-2013, 09:39 AM
The SPFL have them back on 1st August reference going into Adminstration, for the same offence DUnfermline got a long signing ban and the rangers got a fine.
3 options avaialbe for punishment -
Fine. BDO are pleading not for one
Ban. They are now claiming they havent a big enough squad can they sign players
Censure. What the heck does this mean as a punishment ?
Seems the Yams want censure but what does this entail - a bollocking what ?

Sanger
27-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Some of us can focus on more than one thing at a time, and countless threads calling for Farmer/Petrie/Fenlon/PlayerX/EastMains/Fans/TamMcCourt to go get a little repetitive.

And this is a deliberate bump.

Must admit after Thursday found that very difficult and still hurting badly but we came back from losing 7-0 at Ibrox to beat Hearts. Next week will be better as Yams saga continues to unfold and we lift ourselves for Sunday.

Eyrie
27-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Must admit after Thursday found that very difficult and still hurting badly but we came back from losing 7-0 at Ibrox to beat Hearts. Next week will be better as Yams saga continues to unfold and we lift ourselves for Sunday.

True, but that game was only 2-0 until Hunter was sent off. Looking forward to the feelgood factor on here after the derby though.

Woody70x2
27-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Jeezo... This thread has slipped to number 24 on the listings. Can we get back to what we do best and look forward at the demise of HMFC rather than our own clubs shortcomings?!?

Geo_1875
27-07-2013, 11:45 AM
If they don't have enough players to fulfill their fixtures in the top league surely they can't do so in any division. Just get them to ****.

JeMeSouviens
27-07-2013, 01:04 PM
True, but that game was only 2-0 until Hunter was sent off. Looking forward to the feelgood factor on here after the derby though.

As a survivor of that trip, I can confidently tell you nobody was sent off. We'd actually beaten them on the previous trip (Jacksona pen) so hopes were fairly high beforehand. :-(

Treadstone
27-07-2013, 01:07 PM
As a survivor of that trip, I can confidently tell you nobody was sent off. We'd actually beaten them on the previous trip (Jacksona pen) so hopes were fairly high beforehand. :-(

Was at the 1-0, Chris Jacksons best game for us, wasn't at the 7-0 but karma got me on Thursday.:wink:

Prof. Shaggy
27-07-2013, 01:20 PM

If my memory serves me well it was a couple of seasons earlier we were still reasonably close to Rangers(IL) and Hunter got sent off for being fouled by Hateley.

Springbank
27-07-2013, 03:14 PM

I was the last to leave that day
Think it was the day gazza was booked for booking the ref
We were turned over that day by a team that had a lot of talented individuals (some of whom were capable of being top class ie laudrup Gascogne) and they had a day where it all clicked

On Thursday just past we weren't facing any of that, we were just clueless gutless spineless and rudderless

That's why I left at half time on Thursday

YehButNoBut
27-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Hearts lost 1-0 to a Liverpool XI this afternoon, think it was mainly a Liverpool youth team.

Tapping was stretchered off, not sure what the injury was but may be a bad one and most of them think he is one of their best 3 players.

Hope he is ok or they'll be down to only 19 players for the start of next season. :greengrin

Seemingly Tapping went down in agony after twisting his knee in an innocuous challenge with Jordan Lussey. The midfielder was stretchered off after lengthy treatment, so not looking good.

Allant1981
27-07-2013, 05:09 PM

And it was bloody freezing

sidneyhibbie
27-07-2013, 06:18 PM
The SPFL have them back on 1st August reference going into Adminstration, for the same offence DUnfermline got a long signing ban and the rangers got a fine.
3 options avaialbe for punishment -
Fine. BDO are pleading not for one
Ban. They are now claiming they havent a big enough squad can they sign players
Censure. What the heck does this mean as a punishment ?
Seems the Yams want censure but what does this entail - a bollocking what ?

Rest assured my friend if this is all they get i will be bombarding them with letters and E Mails demanding an explenation.

Eyrie
27-07-2013, 06:37 PM

If my memory serves me well it was a couple of seasons earlier we were still reasonably close to Rangers(IL) and Hunter got sent off for being fouled by Hateley.

:embarrass I'm blaming old age. Been convinced for years those happened in the same game.

Treadstone
27-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Rest assured my friend if this is all they get i will be bombarding them with letters and E Mails demanding an explenation.

Treadstone suggests Sidney uses spellchecker.

Dashing Bob S
27-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Something has to give very soon, in terms of the hard decisions that need to be made about Homfc's future, even if that decision is about blindly staggering on through admin till Christmas then dying, and throwing the league into chaos.

I think if Hearts do that, it'll make it very difficult for them to get back into Scottish football at any level.

They should have liquidated weeks ago.

I thought last week would be fireworks, but I'm looking forward to the week ahead.

theonlywayisup
27-07-2013, 08:37 PM
So what happens if they go kaput during the season and are unable to fulfil their fixtures. Apologies if it has been covered already.

I believe Gretna got payments to keep them going until the end of the season, but Hertz would need more and I doubt the other teams would sanction it.

jgl07
27-07-2013, 08:48 PM
So what happens if they go kaput during the season and are unable to fulfil their fixtures. Apologies if it has been covered already.

I believe Gretna got payments to keep them going until the end of the season, but Hertz would need more and I doubt the other teams would sanction it.

Gretna had (comparatively) low costs (after sacking 22 players) and not that much of the season remained. They did not go into administration until March

Of course in those days the SPL actually had a sponsor to provide the cash so that advances could be made to Gretna's administrators to keep them going until the end of the season.

Without a sponsor at this stage, the SPFL would be well advised to take preemptive action to ensure that they do not face that situation again.

sidneyhibbie
27-07-2013, 09:51 PM

Sidney will not rest till they yam fuds are dead it is Sidneys Mission:aok:

Moulin Yarns
27-07-2013, 10:08 PM

All hale Sindy

Bostonhibby
27-07-2013, 10:08 PM

Maybe Sidney will be able to zap them off the face of the earth with a spellchecker? I am sure it worked in Star Trek, or was that a Tazer?

BH Hibs
27-07-2013, 10:20 PM
All hale Sindy
:faf:

Keith_M
28-07-2013, 09:38 AM

Further to previous answers: Strange as it may sound, they were also helped out financially by Rangers.

johnrebus
28-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Can't have this thread dissappear off the front page.

sidjames
28-07-2013, 06:25 PM

explan youlfrse

CropleyWasGod
28-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Gretna had (comparatively) low costs (after sacking 22 players) and not that much of the season remained. They did not go into administration until March

Of course in those days the SPL actually had a sponsor to provide the cash so that advances could be made to Gretna's administrators to keep them going until the end of the season.

Without a sponsor at this stage, the SPFL would be well advised to take preemptive action to ensure that they do not face that situation again.

In some ways, not having a sponsor might ease the pressure a bit.

A sponsor will pay for x number of matches a season (can't do the arithmetic on a Sunday night :greengrin). If a club goes bust half-way through a season, that number is reduced. The sponsor would then have a case for asking for some of its money back.

Ryan69
28-07-2013, 07:39 PM
In some ways, not having a sponsor might ease the pressure a bit.

A sponsor will pay for x number of matches a season (can't do the arithmetic on a Sunday night :greengrin). If a club goes bust half-way through a season, that number is reduced. The sponsor would then have a case for asking for some of its money back.

Surely a sponsor will pay for duration of season...from date to date,not games played?

CropleyWasGod
28-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Surely a sponsor will pay for duration of season...from date to date,not games played?

Yes, but the agreement will be on the basis of the advertisements and publicity for 228 (? Are there play-offs this season?) games in the season.

If there are fewer games, their exposure will be reduced.

sidneyhibbie
28-07-2013, 09:37 PM

Sorted i should have got it a while back, My mission still stays the same to seek out and destroy the yams with the power of the pen.:flag:

Dunderhall
28-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Sorted i should have got it a while back, My mission still stays the same to seek out and destroy the yams with the power of the pen.:flag:
Dunderhall says, Remember to say, We are from the capital.

lord bunberry
28-07-2013, 10:58 PM

That would be a great name for a film, sydney hibbie the power of the pen.

bingo70
29-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Chris McLaughlin from the BBC has just tweeted "wow".......wishfull thinking it could be something to do with hearts or is there a chance with the admins being called in at ubig last week it could hit the fan with them this week?

Treadstone
29-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Chris McLaughlin from the BBC has just tweeted "wow".......wishfull thinking it could be something to do with hearts or is there a chance with the admins being called in at ubig last week it could hit the fan with them this week?

It'll be on a par with 'ManBearPig's post of "I can't say what's happened, watch the news"
Outcome : Salmond bought a season ticket.

Scoop of the century.

Moulin Yarns
29-07-2013, 09:15 AM
It'll be on a par with 'ManBearPig's post of "I can't say what's happened, watch the news"
Outcome : Salmond bought a season ticket.

Scoop of the century.

More likely to be that he has just seen the result of Albion Rovers and The Rangers.

Hibbyradge
29-07-2013, 09:31 AM

:confused: Not on my feed.

bingo70
29-07-2013, 09:34 AM
:confused: Not on my feed.

He apologised a bit later saying it was a pocket tweet, guessing he's deleted it now.

(I'm guessing he got some info about something but then discovered it was a load of baws)

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2013, 09:36 AM
He apologised a bit later saying it was a pocket tweet, guessing he's deleted it now.

(I'm guessing he got some info about something but then discovered it was a load of baws)

See me? See age? See technology?

WTF is a "pocket tweet"?

BSEJVT
29-07-2013, 09:40 AM

WTF is a "pocket tweet"?

A bit like a shart

Hibbyradge
29-07-2013, 09:43 AM

WTF is a "pocket tweet"?

It's like when your phone calls someone by mistake from your pocket.

How you can pocket tweet "Wow!" though, is beyond me.

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2013, 09:45 AM
A bit like a shart

Ah, right.

A shart.

All very clear now.

(Insert Grumpy old ****er smiley)

Hibs07p
29-07-2013, 09:49 AM
It's like when your phone calls someone by mistake from your pocket.

How you can pocket tweet "Wow!" though, is beyond me.

Must have got a hard0n! :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
29-07-2013, 09:50 AM

Sindey, incidentally, are you putting us on?

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Must have got a hard0n! :greengrin

Yeah.

Grumpy old ****ers might want to spread that particular news.

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Sindey, incidentally, are you putting us on?

I think several of his friends have moved on.

Hibbyradge
29-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Ah, right.

A shart.

All very clear now.

(Insert Grumpy old ****er smiley)

http://bit.ly/19sieRf

:na na:

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2013, 09:55 AM
http://bit.ly/19sieRf

:na na:

I have no idea how you just did that, but it's sharting scary.

Sigh.... I love Hibs.net. It's so informative. Not even 11 on a Monday, and I have learnt so much.

Steve-O
29-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Record twitter reporting UKIO have turned down the takeover bids and Hearts' liquidation looms...

Hibs7
29-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Record twitter reporting UKIO have turned down the takeover bids and Hearts' liquidation looms...

I sincerely hope that is true !!

Ozyhibby
29-07-2013, 10:19 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liquidation-threat-hangs-over-hearts-2101523

cabbageandribs1875
29-07-2013, 10:19 AM

pleasing, VERY pleasing

Treadstone
29-07-2013, 10:20 AM

Promising but I need another couple of sources as it is the record. Barry will be cutting and pasting as we speak.

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2013, 10:22 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liquidation-threat-hangs-over-hearts-2101523

Interesting that they mention only 2 "investors".

Edit.

The Lith version says that HMFC have dropped out.

Ozyhibby
29-07-2013, 10:23 AM
http://vz.lt/Default.aspx?PublicationId=15702a30-55e4-4282-b67b-dbd149922109

Same thing in Lithuanian?

Prof. Shaggy
29-07-2013, 10:25 AM

Nearly sharted at that...

CallumLaidlaw
29-07-2013, 10:28 AM
@Graeme_Macphers: Ukio Bankus threaten to liquidate Hearts if offers for club not improved. Also confirmed HMFC Ltd no longer in running.

Ozyhibby
29-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Seems to say Jameison is out and neither Massone or FoH give enough cash to the creditors.
Given that massone offered double what FoH offered then FoH have next to no chance.

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Promising but I need another couple of sources as it is the record. Barry will be cutting and pasting as we speak.

Event:- UKIO Bankas move to liquidation.

Bazza:- UKIO Bankas say they want to keep Hearts alive.

Phil D. Rolls
29-07-2013, 10:34 AM

I think several of his friends have moved on.

Well, his local paper ran out of news weeks ago. (that's enough Faces,ed.)

Doesn't say how far apart the offers made, and what they will take are. May just be a case of a good week's face painting on the Royal Mile, to make up the difference.

Treadstone
29-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Event:- UKIO Bankas move to liquidation.

Bazza:- UKIO Bankas say they want to keep Hearts alive.

Irony is Crops that its not that far detached from the Anderson reality. I repeat the one I put on the #allisbarry thread.

Event : Hearts set for liquidation

Barry: jambos exiting administration

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Irony is Crops that its not that far detached from the Anderson reality. I repeat the one I put on the #allisbarry thread.

Event : Hearts set for liquidation

Barry: jambos exiting administration

I was actually trying to keep it as "realistic" as I could :greengrin

:top marks for your one though.

#FromTheCapital
29-07-2013, 10:40 AM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/jjpleasing.gif
Don't want to make this place look like brokeback but this pretty much sums up my feelings towards that article.

So now we only have FOH and Massone. If UB are saying that neither offer comes close then I'd say that takes FOH out of the game completely as their offer was nowhere near as much as Massone's

Gus Fring
29-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Canny believe the Daily Record beat me to it! I couldn't get to a computer until now.

I will reiterate what I said previously though, the offers were/are quite a bit short of what is needed and BDO have known liquidation was the likely outcome for a couple of weeks.

Treadstone
29-07-2013, 10:42 AM
C'mon admins change the thread title. "UKIO reject hilarious offers"

Onion
29-07-2013, 10:50 AM

UKIO say half-baked offers mean club likely to go into liquidiser.:offski:

johnrebus
29-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Ahhhh...,

Who needs Viagra........,

YehButNoBut
Can the SPFL seriously believe that Hearts will see out their fixtures this season

They need to act now or the league will be a joke.

CropleyWasGod
Well, his local paper ran out of news weeks ago. (that's enough Faces,ed.)

Doesn't say how far apart the offers made, and what they will take are. May just be a case of a good week's face painting on the Royal Mile, to make up the difference.

Aw cmon FR, Stay With Me on this.:greengrin

The only info we have on the offers is the speculation on here and in the MSM. For me, that's all rumour for now. So you may be right.

You can make me sing.....

Matty_Jack04
29-07-2013, 10:56 AM
@charlesp_sky: Hearts administrators due to release statement later today following Ukio Bankas's rejection of initial bids to buy the club

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-07-2013, 10:58 AM

Talking of hard0ns! :-)

Part/Time Supporter
29-07-2013, 10:59 AM

The only bid they have rejected out of hand is Shellsuit Bob.

They're willing to talk with FOH and Massone. It's up to them to improve their offers to match what Ukio are looking for.

McSwanky
29-07-2013, 11:01 AM
I've been looking forward to this for a long time.

CyberSauzee
29-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Canny believe the Daily Record beat me to it! I couldn't get to a computer until now.

I will reiterate what I said previously though, the offers were/are quite a bit short of what is needed and BDO have known liquidation was the likely outcome for a couple of weeks.

My gloomy disposition of the last few days is lifted when I read such delightful news.

Andy74
29-07-2013, 11:02 AM

They're willing to talk with FOH and Massone.

I don't think they are going to be long conversations.

Treadstone
29-07-2013, 11:02 AM

They're willing to talk with FOH and Massone.

But their offers haven't been accepted though ?

SaulGoodman
29-07-2013, 11:03 AM
They're not going into Liquidation, we've had this story umpteen times

Cropley10
29-07-2013, 11:03 AM

#allisbarry though - debt free and at Tynecastle soon enough?

Gus Fring
29-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Can the SPFL seriously believe that Hearts will see out their fixtures this season

They need to act now or the league will be a joke.

Even if the SPFL release a statement in the next ten minutes saying "Hearts are goosed, we're booting them out the league, they can reapply once they sort themselves out, the 2nd place teams from each league will be promoted" the leagues will still be a joke because none of those promoted teams will have time to prepare. Hearts would also then have a rock solid case for suing them because they hadn't followed their own procedures. The SPFL should not be the ones to put the final nail in their coffin.

Part/Time Supporter
29-07-2013, 11:05 AM
But their offers haven't been accepted though ?

No, but they've not been rejected either. This is not good news for Hearts but it doesn't mean they are going to shut down today or tomorrow. It's up to FOH and/or Massone to improve their offers to the point where Ukio could accept.

Phil D. Rolls
29-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Aw cmon FR, Stay With Me on this.:greengrin

The only info we have on the offers is the speculation on here and in the MSM. For me, that's all rumour for now. So you may be right.

You can make me sing.....

A nod's as good as a wink in the negotiation game. ;)

Andy74
29-07-2013, 11:06 AM

Have we?

We haven't been at the stage of the administrators turning down the only serious offers to keep the club alive before surely?

Gus Fring
29-07-2013, 11:07 AM

We've never had a statement directly from the Ukio Admin confirming the offers aren't good enough before. Liquidation is the most likely outcome in all of this.

SaulGoodman
29-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Id like to point out my post was strictly 'reverse psychology' :wink:

DC_Hibs
29-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Question - Will you offer a similar amount to what we could get from selling the Savile Dome separately?

Answer - Not a fekn chance.

Statement - Bye Bye - you're well and truly fekd.

Now, this could have happened weeks back rather than running through the charade that they could be saved but I dare say there are procedures that have to be followed......all the while building up BDO's fees nicely.

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Question - Will you offer a similar amount to what we could get from selling the Savile Dome separately?

Answer - Not a fekn chance.

Statement - Bye Bye - you're well and truly fekd.

Now, this could have happened weeks back rather than running through the charade that they could be saved but I dare say there are procedures that have to be followed......all the while building up BDO's fees nicely.

No it couldn't.

As I've said before, this administration is proceeding more quickly than most.

Phil D. Rolls
29-07-2013, 11:12 AM
We've never had a statement directly from the Ukio Admin confirming the offers aren't good enough before. Liquidation is the most likely outcome in all of this.

Is it possible the Liths just need to make noises that they tried to get a better offer. Then when nothing comes of it, they turn to their creditors and say - "Massone's the best we can do, either wait a couple of years to sell the PBS, or take his cash now"?

#FromTheCapital
29-07-2013, 11:14 AM
@The_FoH: Nothing to add at the moment, other than to say you're direct debits are crucial. Set up today at http://t.co/L8jikp6r2E. #createhistory

BarneyK
29-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Is it not the case that although we are all focussing on Tynie as the main asset, there is some value in Hearts as the brand - as the SPFL share? So maybe it's not solely the value of the ground, but that the value of the club as a whole still has to be taken into consideration. If, for example, someone wants to continue the Yams name - albeit in a Newco route - they will have to pay for the brand and SPFL share?

BH Hibs
29-07-2013, 11:18 AM
@The_FoH: Nothing to add at the moment, other than to say you're direct debits are crucial. Set up today at http://t.co/L8jikp6r2E. #createhistory

Priceless

joe breezy
No, but they've not been rejected either. This is not good news for Hearts but it doesn't mean they are going to shut down today or tomorrow. It's up to FOH and/or Massone to improve their offers to the point where Ukio could accept.

You make it sound like FOH and Massone are sitting ion piles of cash for a rainy day. Surely FOH made the best offer they can?

SaulGoodman

#allisbarry #geesyercash #imanmp

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Is it not the case that although we are all focussing on Tynie as the main asset, there is some value in Hearts as the brand - as the SPFL share? So maybe it's not solely the value of the ground, but that the value of the club as a whole still has to be taken into consideration. If, for example, someone wants to continue the Yams name - albeit in a Newco route - they will have to pay for the brand and SPFL share?

In a Newco situation, the SPFL share is worth nothing.

The brand has a value, though. IIRC, in the Sevco case it was £1.

Treadstone

Very pedantic PTS. The original offers have been rejected.

clerriehibs
Is it possible the Liths just need to make noises that they tried to get a better offer. Then when nothing comes of it, they turn to their creditors and say - "Massone's the best we can do, either wait a couple of years to sell the PBS, or take his cash now"?

This matches my take on it; surely the creditors wouldn't take 1st offers (which they are, so far as they are concerned) in the expectation that the bidders wouldn't be showing their full hand? It's all just negotiation for now.

BarneyK
29-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Allan D.S. Smith ‏@allandssmith 2m
@TheReal_Romanov @IainMcGill @BarryAnderson_8 BBC reporting that shortfall that would allow deal to progress is less than £1 million. #HMFC

Anyone heard this? Seems quite vague. Presumably only applies to the Massone bid?

EDIT : It is in a report by Brian McLaughlin, so...

Gus Fring
29-07-2013, 11:20 AM

Not if liquidating is going to raise them more cash, which it will, according to my source.

BarneyK
29-07-2013, 11:22 AM
In a Newco situation, the SPFL share is worth nothing.

The brand has a value, though. IIRC, in the Sevco case it was £1.

Aye but that was different, the Lithuanians are presumably looking to gain as much as they can for their people, whereas that wasn't necessarily the case in the Sevco affair.

DC_Hibs
29-07-2013, 11:23 AM
No it couldn't.

As I've said before, this administration is proceeding more quickly than most.

Yeah as I said - "I dare say there are procedures that have to be followed"

Treadstone
29-07-2013, 11:26 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23491885

Hearts' parent company UBIG have rejected offers from prospective buyers and now face the prospect of liquidation.The club's administrators BDO have been working with three interested parties and unless improved offers are made then liquidation is a possibility.
BBC Scotland has learned that the difference required to allow a deal to progress is less than £1m.
Negotiations will continue in an attempt to find a solution.
The Edinburgh club have been in administration since 19 June.
Hearts owe UBIG £10m, which owns 50% of the club's shares, but these had been frozen after the bank it also owned entered an insolvency process with debts of around £380m.
Supporters' consortium the Foundation of Hearts, HMFC Limited and Five Stars Football Limited all provided proof of funding on Wednesday.
However, negotiations will only take place with two of the interested groups after the HMFC Limited proposal was discarded by the administrators.
Hearts have debts of £25m - owed to companies formerly owned by Vladimir Romanov, who first invested in the club in 2005.
Ukio Bankas, which is also in the hands of administrators, is owed £15m and Tynecastle Stadium is held as security for the liability.
The Lithuanian bank has a 29.9% shareholding in Hearts.

Geo_1875
29-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Very pedantic PTS. The original offers have been rejected.

To be even more pedantic, the original offers were what BDO said were unacceptable. What was submitted to the Lith Admins was actually their revised, increased offers. Do they have any wriggle room left?

Dunderhall
29-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Allan D.S. Smith ‏@allandssmith 2m
@TheReal_Romanov @IainMcGill @BarryAnderson_8 BBC reporting that shortfall that would allow deal to progress is less than £1 million. #HMFC

Anyone heard this? Seems quite vague. Presumably only applies to the Massone bid?

EDIT : It is in a report by Brian McLaughlin, so...
Brian McLaughlin article on BBC site (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23491885), would agree its the Massone bid out of the two as a guess.
The Lith statement seems more of a plea to FoH.

I can repeat that we are doing everything we can to save the club functioning," added Gintaras Adomonis, Ukio bankas bankruptcy administrator. "However, I am obliged to protect solely the interests of Ukio bankas and its creditors

Gus Fring
29-07-2013, 11:29 AM

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/60193000/jpg/_60193978_brian1.jpgBy Brian McLauchlin

The above immediately makes this story doubtful.

Leishy1995
29-07-2013, 11:29 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23491885?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

woody0-7
29-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Id like to point out my post was strictly 'reverse psychology' :wink:

Haha very good :-)

BarneyK
29-07-2013, 11:30 AM

BBC report it is UBIG that have knocked it back - the DR report it is Ukio. And the Beeb report makes no mention of the HMFC Ltd bid dropping out. Which all leads us all to Twitter posts like this one -

Andrew Jardine ‏@AndrewJardine3 2m
Apparently we only need another million on top of the original bid to agree a deal! This is more than manageable

It is, aye - if FOH give all their money to Massone...

Geo_1875
29-07-2013, 11:31 AM

I'm confused. Who are BDO speaking to? Who has rejected the offers? It mentions parent company UBIG but I thought the administrators of Ukio Bankas were dealing with this. Is this just a load of pish?

Mikey
29-07-2013, 11:31 AM
BBC report it is UBIG that have knocked it back - the DR report it is Ukio. And the Beeb report makes no mention of the HMFC Ltd bid dropping out. Which all leads us all to Twitter posts like this one -

Andrew Jardine ‏@AndrewJardine3 2m
Apparently we only need another million on top of the original bid to agree a deal! This is more than manageable

It is, aye - if FOH give all their money to Massone...

Yep, it's Massone that's £1m short. FOH's bid was nowhere near his.

Geo_1875
29-07-2013, 11:33 AM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/60193000/jpg/_60193978_brian1.jpgBy Brian McLauchlin

The above immediately makes this story doubtful.

He even looks like a hun.

BarneyK
29-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Yep, it's Massone that's £1m short. FOH's bid was nowhere near his.

I would guess this is the way we are headed - FOH and Massone joining forces - you would have an acceptable bid and working capital through the direct debits. Would this be agreeable to Massone though?

Gus Fring
29-07-2013, 11:34 AM
To reiterate, Brian Mclauchlin hasn't got a clue what's happening. Please don't let the fact he is a BBC "journalist" convince you otherwise. He's been caught out fibbing almost as many times as Barry Anderson.

This article alone should provide enough proof of his tomfoolery. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21820730

PapillonVert
29-07-2013, 11:37 AM

The sentence in the DR Twitter (which I paraphrase) which quotes the Lithuanian spokeman as saying "We would like to see the Club continue but our first responsibility is to the creditors" is the crux of it.

In other words, when push comes to shove, and no acceptable offer is on the table, the Lithuanians will pull the plug on the football club. Their legal obligations are not to the continuation of the footbal club but to realise as much cash as possible.

Or, if Massone ups his bid and can produce the readies, then debates about "fit and proper person" are not the Lithuanians' problem either.

I would guess this is the way we are headed - FOH and Massone joining forces - you would have an acceptable bid and working capital through the direct debits. Would this be agreeable to Massone though?

Dictator working with a committee of 12?

Nah.

Geo_1875
29-07-2013, 11:37 AM

Have FoH not been actively xenophobic in their campaign to gain control of HoMFC? Would they backtrack on their plans for fan ownership and world domination?

BarneyK
29-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Have FoH not been actively xenophobic in their campaign to gain control of HoMFC? Would they backtrack on their plans for fan ownership and world domination?

I would imagine they would do whatever it takes to avoid liquidation and still paint it as a victory of fan ownership.

Ozyhibby
29-07-2013, 11:42 AM
And still no mention of frozen assets. Not even from the Lithuanians.

Off the bar
29-07-2013, 11:44 AM

you've got to think that joining Massone would split FOH, people hav'nt signed up for direct debits to be part of Massone's bid, I think FOH pledges would melt away pretty quickly if they were to join forces, and even if the bid were to be successful the fit and proper thing must rule them out.
high time the stubborn turd that is HoMFC was flushed.

Newry Hibs
29-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Just want to get my head round what is (possibly) happening before it happens and I lose all sense of following what is going on ....

Do HMFC (or the admins now) own Tynecastle (albeit with some Liths holding a charge) and whatever other assets (players??)?

Just what are FOH and Massone trying to buy - the above?

Because they are offering below what Tynecastle is / may be worth (£6m charge) - the offers have been knocked back.

So....... and trying not to sound like a Yam fan ....
Why isn't Tynie sold for £x millions and this money given to the creditors and Hearts FC carry on free of debt etc etc playing at Livingston in the SPFL Premier league (accepting that they are owned by FOH / MAssone and have a transfer ban as punishment and may not have much money to afford wages / rent / ongoing costs).

Gus Fring
29-07-2013, 11:51 AM

UKIO has a security on the stadium and 29% of shares but it's UBIG's assets that are frozen. Hearts will have to deal with UBIG seperately. Whoever ends up with the stadium holds the key component though. UBIG's 50% isn't worth as much without it.

God Petrie
29-07-2013, 11:55 AM
UKIO has a security on the stadium and 29% of shares but it's UBIG's assets that are frozen. Hearts will have to deal with UBIG seperately. Whoever ends up with the stadium holds the key component though. UBIG's 50% isn't worth as much without it.

Any news from the "corridors of power" at Hertz after today's revelations, Bajillions?

Treadstone
29-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Just want to get my head round what is (possibly) happening before it happens and I lose all sense of following what is going on ....

Do HMFC (or the admins now) own Tynecastle (albeit with some Liths holding a charge) and whatever other assets (players??)? Yes

Just what are FOH and Massone trying to buy - the above? Yes

Because they are offering below what Tynecastle is / may be worth (£6m charge) - the offers have been knocked back. Yes

So....... and trying not to sound like a Yam fan ....
Why isn't Tynie sold for £x millions and this money given to the creditors and Hearts FC carry on free of debt etc etc playing at Livingston in the SPFL Premier league (accepting that they are owned by FOH / MAssone and have a transfer ban as punishment and may not have much money to afford wages / rent / ongoing costs).

Because FoH think they can get the lot and shed debt for fifty quid and 2000 nectar points.

Waxy
29-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Give it 5 years and the tynie stands will start to collapse anyway. Starting with that home for woodworm.

Dunderhall
29-07-2013, 11:57 AM
FoH would have to tear up their framework documents that people signed up to, it's a completely different scenario to what they finally proposed. Would they even be the majority shareholder?

I agree it may well be a non-starter for Massone's agenda.
There was the McKie consortium that FoH declined to partner with previously.

BH Hibs
29-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Just a thought but if Massone either by a joint bid or on his own gets control and subsequently Tynecastle is lost don't think Livingston would welcome him back. All speculation of course

BarneyK
29-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Just a thought but if Massone either by a joint bid or on his own gets control and subsequently Tynecastle is lost don't think Livingston would welcome him back. All speculation of course

If the bid is successful they'd keep Tynie.

StevieC
29-07-2013, 12:05 PM

I suspect the scenario would need to be that FOH provide the £1m shortfall and ALL the working capital, with no guarantee of any involvement in the club after they've parted with their cash. The question is whether FOH are willing to do that, as I'm sure Massone will happily take their cash.

I'm wondering about the latest release though? Is the response from Lithuanian based purely on the "secured" part of the debt or will it include the CVA aspect as well??
If they are simply needing enough to cover the secured part and theres nothing left in the pot for a CVA then it's liquidation anyway, is it not?

Sanger
29-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Ho ho just when you are having a blue Monday and your down about how ***** we are!

PapillonVert
29-07-2013, 12:08 PM

Would they?

If Massone's putting up millions, where's his return on that unless he can sell the land at a profit or develop it?

No sense in Massone making a bid otherwise. He's proved he is only interested in asset-stripping rather than running a football club. Hence, why he is not putting up any working capital for the football club.

29-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Am I right in thinking that the rejection of the bids has only came from 1 Lith admin?

Even if another £1m is found, could the other Lith admin still reject the bid?

Or is the fact that UKIO are the biggest creditor mean that it's basically just up to them?

hibeesjoe
29-07-2013, 12:14 PM
What advantages would there be over liquidating the club rather than selling it too foh or another interested party. Is it just a case that they might raise more money?

silverhibee
29-07-2013, 12:14 PM

Help is at hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYXBzE-Cpec

Gus Fring
29-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Any news from the "corridors of power" at Hertz after today's revelations, Bajillions?

Not really. BDO always knew these offers weren't good enough. I will say this though is that the offers given to UB were not the original ones given to BDO. BDO told them they weren't good enough and asked them to increase which they did, slightly, those revised offers were then presented to UB.

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2013, 12:15 PM
What advantages would there be over liquidating the club rather than selling it too foh or another interested party. Is it just a case that they might raise more money?

Liquidating it opens up the possibility of a non-football buyer for the land. Hence there is, theoretically, more money to be made.

silverhibee
29-07-2013, 12:17 PM

Probably hasn't received Sidney's letter yet.

SolentHibee
So is it normal that somebody like Ukio would say that bids were unsuitable and then specify the amount needed to make them acceptable?

Would they not normally tell people to come back with a better offer, with the prospect that they might get more than what they saw as the shortfall?

BarneyK
Would they?

If Massone's putting up millions, where's his return on that unless he can sell the land at a profit or develop it?

No sense in Massone making a bid otherwise. He's proved he is only interested in asset-stripping rather than running a football club. Hence, why he is not putting up any working capital for the football club.

I doubt Massone's in it to sell Tynie and leave them homeless. He'd have to chuck money at another stadium and that's even less likely. Who knows what his motivation really is with this one?

hibs0666
29-07-2013, 12:20 PM
I doubt Massone's in it to sell Tynie and leave them homeless. He'd have to chuck money at another stadium and that's even less likely. Who knows what his motivation really is with this one?

Massone would be areal headache for the SFA, given that he has previous for being a catastrophe for Scottish football clubs. Think I'll just buy myself another big bag of popcorn and settle back for the rest of the feature.

Part/Time Supporter
29-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Am I right in thinking that the rejection of the bids has only came from 1 Lith admin?

Even if another £1m is found, could the other Lith admin still reject the bid?

Or is the fact that UKIO are the biggest creditor mean that it's basically just up to them?

Aye. Ukio have security over Hearts' assets so that security needs to be released for Hearts to continue in business. The other creditors would have to take what is left over after Ukio have taken an amount to satisfy that security. UBIG could reject that, but it's unlikely they would do that because they would get nothing in liquidation. The potential complication after a deal is agreed with Ukio is if the shares held by UBIG are not able to be sold for Lithuanian legal reasons. But if the buyer can't agree a deal with Ukio first then that is no longer relevant.

Sylar
29-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Has Massone been subjected to the "Fit and Proper Person" test yet?!

Absolutely not a ****ing hope he'd pass this given his track record in Scottish Football, surely? :confused:

Pedantic_Hibee
29-07-2013, 12:24 PM

Absolutely not a ****ing hope he'd pass this given his track record in Scottish Football, surely? :confused:

A letter of recommendation from Sidney is being penned as we speak.

Sylar
29-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Would they?

Massone doesn't have millions. He claimed to have supported Livingston by ploughing in "millions" of his own money when they were cruising towards the second administration - when Ged Nixon and the Livingston 5 consortium took over and looked at the books, they highlighted what we knew all along - that this was utter pish.

PapillonVert
29-07-2013, 12:25 PM

Oh dear.

He's an asset stripper.

He doesn't care about the football club. Only the opportunity to make a quick buck.

He can buy the asset (land), hand the club over to FoH for £1 or a dozen home-made iced buns and leave them with the problem of where they play their games. He could in fact even rent Tynie to them whilst he thinks about how to develop the site or wait for the land value to rise and then chuck them out.

Don't imagine that because Massone is in the bidding, he intends to continue with the football club. He sees an opportunity to make cash.

That's what I imagine his motivation is.

Dunderhall
29-07-2013, 12:25 PM
FoH tweets. :greengrin

Small point in addition to the "official stuff": it is important for calm. Nothing has changed. Failure to do deal always meant liquidation.

A very impressive bid team (with top level "deal" expertise) is on top of things - its the next step in a process!

I don't think they meant the 2nd tweet to read how I interpret it. :greengrin

shagpile
29-07-2013, 12:27 PM

This is the SFA/SPL/SPFL/Bertram Mills circus we are talking about here.

Massone will pass with flying colours.

PapillonVert
29-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Massone doesn't have millions. He claimed to have supported Livingston by ploughing in "millions" of his own money when they were cruising towards the second administration - when Ged Nixon and the Livingston 5 consortium took over and looked at the books, they highlighted what we knew all along - that this was utter pish.

Very few people who do these deals have a halfpenny in cash. With these people, it's often smoke and mirrors and others are usually left to clean up the mess later.

Once they have waltzed off into the sunset with all the cash.

Ask Vlad.

Edit: I perhaps should have said "very few people who do these deals put up a halfpenny of their own cash....."

Could it possibly be that he couldn't care less whether he passes the SPFL's "fit and proper person" test if his aim is to get his grubbies on the land?

Moulin Yarns
29-07-2013, 12:32 PM
The Thread heading needs changed, Admins.

How about "Liths send bidders away to think again" :greengrin

Keith_M
29-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Could it possibly be that he couldn't care less whether he passes the SPFL's "fit and proper person" test if his aim is to get his grubbies on the land?

He can easily get around any Fit And Proper Persons test by not being part of the board. He just needs to slink into the background - or get someone at the Daily Record to announce his 'wealth is off the radar'.

Gus Fring
29-07-2013, 12:36 PM

There is no test. It's basically a form that owners sign saying "I promise am no a dodgy geezer". Getting round it is simply a case of putting a puppet in charge instead.

I think some people think it's like the scene in Skyfall where Bond is trying to be cleared for duty.

AinsterHibs
29-07-2013, 12:41 PM
There is no test. It's basically a form that owners sign saying "I promise am no a dodgy geezer". Getting round it is simply a case of putting a puppet in charge instead.

I think some people think it's like the scene in Skyfall where Bond is trying to be cleared for duty.:top marks

Intermission.:greengrin

kdhibees1
29-07-2013, 12:43 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/video-back-page-monday-july-2101685
5 million needed according to this vid. Oh dear!! Dark skies over tincastle Today!:na na:
''Deep in the grubber'' Quote and a half!!!!

joe breezy
29-07-2013, 12:48 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/video-back-page-monday-july-2101685
5 million needed according to this vid. Oh dear!! Dark skies over tincastle Today!:na na:

Boom :greengrin

PatHead
29-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Oh dear.

He's an asset stripper.

He doesn't care about the football club. Only the opportunity to make a quick buck.

He can buy the asset (land), hand the club over to FoH for £1 or a dozen home-made iced buns and leave them with the problem of where they play their games. He could in fact even rent Tynie to them whilst he thinks about how to develop the site or wait for the land value to rise and then chuck them out.

Don't imagine that because Massone is in the bidding, he intends to continue with the football club. He sees an opportunity to make cash.

That's what I imagine his motivation is.

Pretty much agree with that but he will want a lot more than a pound for Hearts. He knows they will pay just to keep the name. It is worth a lot to Hearts supporters. Bet you he wants half a million for that alone.

PapillonVert
29-07-2013, 12:50 PM
He can easily get around any Fit And Proper Persons test by not being part of the board. He just needs to slink into the background - or get someone at the Daily Record to announce his 'wealth is off the radar'.

Like Vlad did for years? :wink:

So, out of the frying (or should that be "baking") pan into the big burny fire?

In other words, this clutching at the straw of Massone not being allowed to take over the club is a piece of absolute nonsense?

The Green Goblin
29-07-2013, 12:50 PM

If they handle their bid as well as they use apostrophes, we'll have nothing to worry about :greengrin

Geo_1875
29-07-2013, 12:53 PM

I think some people think it's like the scene in Skyfall where Bond is trying to be cleared for duty.

I think he is perfectly fit and proper to run a club like HoMFC.

Just don't let him near my club.

Geo_1875
29-07-2013, 12:55 PM
If they handle their bid as well as they use apostophes, we'll have nothing to worry about :greengrin

Grammar alert!!!!!

Prof. Shaggy
29-07-2013, 12:55 PM
If they handle their bid as well as they use apostophes, we'll have nothing to worry about :greengrin

I noticed that too.

Shocking.:grr:

Keith_M
29-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Surely it's time now for the SPFL to put 'Plan Morton' into place!

:confused:

Hibby Kay-Yay
29-07-2013, 01:03 PM

They can't act on what MIGHT happen.

hibs4thecup1988
29-07-2013, 01:03 PM
You just know that they are going to go into liquidation next week and the spffl will let them sta

Jim44
29-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Is the bottom line simply that they need to increase the bid by £iM to have the bid accepted? If it's as simple as that they're surely out of the woods as that sum can easily be achieved by their more affluent supporters if it means saving their club. Or is that a silly interpretation? :greengrin

Gus Fring
29-07-2013, 01:04 PM

That can't happen until Hearts are kaput

Dunderhall
29-07-2013, 01:05 PM
@BBCchrismclaug (http://twitter.com/BBCchrismclaug)

Shortfall on offers for Hearts and what owner's administrators want could run into millions of pounds according to club's own administrators

Treadstone
29-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Haud aff oan them derby tickets lads!

Lucius Apuleius
29-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Haud aff oan them derby tickets lads!

Whit tickets wid that be? :greengrin

steakbake
29-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Is the bottom line simply that they need to increase the bid by £iM to have the bid accepted? If it's as simple as that they're surely out of the woods as that sum can easily be achieved by their more affluent supporters if it means saving their club. Or is that a silly interpretation? :greengrin

Cakes and face paints at the ready. We might have been a laughing stock last week but inshallah, the last laugh has yet to be had...

clerriehibs
29-07-2013, 01:12 PM

There is no "Plan Morton".

The "plan", if you can call it that, is to keep their heads in the sand for as long as possible. If the dung hits the dungclub good and proper and they have to take said heads out of sand, it'll be "censure"s all round for homofc plus help (financial, so-called temporary suspensions of signing-bans) to keep them going.

HibbyAndy
29-07-2013, 01:19 PM
You just know that they are going to go into liquidation next week and the spffl will let them sta

Correct.

Cheating *****.

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2013, 01:21 PM

You misunderstand the term liquidation.

When a company goes into liquidation, it stops trading. Therefore what you suggest just cannot happen.

green glory
29-07-2013, 01:22 PM

If they're liquidated they won't exist.

This isn't a repeat of the Rangers/The Rangers scenario.

Gus Fring
29-07-2013, 01:23 PM
There is no "Plan Morton".

The "plan", if you can call it that, is to keep their heads in the sand for as long as possible. If the dung hits the dungclub good and proper and they have to take said heads out of sand, it'll be "censure"s all round for homofc plus help (financial, so-called temporary suspensions of signing-bans) to keep them going.

You couldn't be further from the truth. Hearts have already asked for financial help and been told no. If Hearts are liquidated this is not a Sevco situation. It's incredibly unlikely there will be enough left over for them to continue.

Mikey
29-07-2013, 01:23 PM
The relevant thread over the road has the title...... "Not Looking So Good".

:hilarious

CraigHibee
29-07-2013, 01:26 PM

for them maybe, for everyone else, its a good monday :wink:

Dalkeith
29-07-2013, 01:28 PM

still head in sand stuff over there

Makaveli
Why are people still saying they'll keep stumbling along with help from the authorities?

When Plan Liquidate is put into action there will be no Hearts.

AinsterHibs
You misunderstand the term liquidation.

When a company goes into liquidation, it stops trading. Therefore what you suggest just cannot happen.

So, I assume, I am then to prepare the sacrificial goat for this Extinction Event to happen then.:greengrin

I hope it is so.

However - death is far too honourable an event for the mutants, but I will accept the vast amounts of pain, suffering, humiliation and my own personal deep satisfaction to watch them ferkin die, bleeding, gutted, sliced and torn to shreds.

(Or is that going to far?) :)

Treadstone
29-07-2013, 01:32 PM

Is it up the pecking order yet ? Fourth last time i looked.:protest:

Geo_1875
29-07-2013, 01:33 PM
So, I assume, I am then to prepare the sacrificial goat for this Extinction Event to happen then.:greengrin

I hope it is so.

However - death is far too honourable an event for the mutants, but I will accept the vast amounts of pain, suffering, humiliation and my own personal deep satisfaction to watch them ferkin die, bleeding, gutted, sliced and torn to shreds.

No

Hibernia Na Eir
29-07-2013, 01:38 PM
so, are the cake sales all done? no flour left in the cupboard?

boo hoo, jambos being crushed. Get in.

Simkin911
29-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Is it really too much to expect the football authorities to make comment on the steps they are taking to protect the integrity of the league, fixture list or 'product' as they may describe it. Supporters from all teams deserve to know what they are signing up for - league wise - this season. At the moment there is significant uncertainty. Whether or not they can act but they can certainly comment!

Hibee87
29-07-2013, 01:40 PM
BBC 'understands' have changed their tune in the sake of 2 hours from needing a mere million more from a bid to:

Hearts face
the prospect of liquidation unless someone outstrips present offers for the club
by millions, administrator Bryan Jackson has warned.

Jackson's counterpart looking after the affairs of the club's owners, Ukio
Bankas, has said none of the bids received for Hearts are acceptable.

Mikey
29-07-2013, 01:41 PM
They wouldn't have needed "Plan Morton" if they'd had the sense to apply the 18 point penalty in May and relegate them. They let them off because of legal speak bunkum and they're now unlikely to see the end of August.

Hibee87
29-07-2013, 01:43 PM
They wouldn't have needed "Plan Morton" if they'd had the sense to apply the 18 point penalty in May and relegate them. They let them off because of legal speak bunkum and they're now unlikely to see the end of August.

Unlikely to see the START of august :wink:

hibby rae
29-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Cakes and face paints at the ready. We might have been a laughing stock last week but inshallah, the last laugh has yet to be had...

"He who laughs last, laughs longest".

Mikey
29-07-2013, 01:44 PM
And I've bought a season ticket for 19 home games. Will the SPFL reimburse me if there are 11 teams in the league, because I don't see why Hibs should.

YehButNoBut
29-07-2013, 01:47 PM
FoH statement today, must do a lot to put the Yams mind at ease.

http://static.ow.ly/docs/Foundation%20of%20Hearts%20-%20Media%20Release%2029th%20July%202013_1oS1.pdf

Monday 29th July 2013

Statement issued on behalf of Foundation of Hearts

The Foundation of Hearts and its advisors note today’s statement issued on behalf of Ukio Bankas administrator Gintaras Adomonis in relation to the possibility of liquidating Heart of Midlothian plc (in administration) should a satisfactory offer not be received.

Ian Murray MP, independent chair of the Foundation of Hearts said:

“Our bid team, working on behalf of the Foundation of Hearts continues to negotiate on the points of the bid submitted on our behalf to BDO.

“Meetings are scheduled for this week, and have been since our revised bid and proof of funding was submitted last Wednesday, as requested. It’s very much business as usual.

“We remain hopeful that we can demonstrate to the club’s creditors that our proposal provides the strongest return and carries the lowest risk, in short by far the best solution.

“This announcement from Lithuania does again, however, demonstrate the need for supporters to set up direct debits via foundationofhearts.org, if they can do so.”

ENDS.

29th July 2013

Golden Bear
29-07-2013, 01:48 PM
BBC 'understands' have changed their tune in the sake of 2 hours from needing a mere million more from a bid to:

Hearts face
the prospect of liquidation unless someone outstrips present offers for the club
by millions, administrator Bryan Jackson has warned.

Jackson's counterpart looking after the affairs of the club's owners, Ukio
Bankas, has said none of the bids received for Hearts are acceptable.

Seems as though "a million" should have read "millions".

Such a shame really. :cb

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Keith Jackson just seem to pluck £5m out the air, he's no idea if thats the price or not? :confused:

The Green Goblin
29-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Grammar alert!!!!!

Congratulations Geo. You have won today's "deliberate ironic mistake" prize :greengrin

(Original post now edited)

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Keith Jackson just seem to pluck £5m out the air, he's no idea if thats the price or not? :confused:

I'm sounding like a stuck record, but no-one outside of BDO, the bidders and the UKIO admins actually knows.

Prof. Shaggy
29-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Seems as though "a million" should have read "millions".

Such a shame really. :cb

Amazing that McLauchlin is still getting the basic facts wrong.
"Jackson's counterpart looking after the affairs of the club's owners, Ukio Bankas, has said none of the bids received for Hearts are acceptable."

Kato
29-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Instead of "liquidated" could we please use the term "liquidised". I know its wrong but its a lot more fun.

steakbake
29-07-2013, 02:13 PM

http://static.ow.ly/docs/Foundation%20of%20Hearts%20-%20Media%20Release%2029th%20July%202013_1oS1.pdf

Monday 29th July 2013

The Foundation of Hearts and its advisors note today’s statement issued on behalf of Ukio Bankas administrator Gintaras Adomonis in relation to the possibility of liquidating Heart of Midlothian plc (in administration) should a satisfactory offer not be received.

“Our bid team, working on behalf of the Foundation of Hearts continues to negotiate on the points of the bid submitted on our behalf to BDO.

“Meetings are scheduled for this week, and have been since our revised bid and proof of funding was submitted last Wednesday, as requested. It’s very much business as usual.

“We remain hopeful that we can demonstrate to the club’s creditors that our proposal provides the strongest return and carries the lowest risk, in short by far the best solution.

“This announcement from Lithuania does again, however, demonstrate the need for supporters to set up direct debits via foundationofhearts.org, if they can do so.”

ENDS.

29th July 2013

"Hopeful" or "Confident"?

kdhibees1
29-07-2013, 02:16 PM
"Hopeful" or "Confident"? They dinnae half like leaving things to the last minute, eh!!! Talk about clinging on for dear life!!!

Hibs7
29-07-2013, 02:17 PM

Monday 29th July 2013

ENDS.

29th July 2013

Another excuse to beg for more cake bakes and pledges which never came to fruition .. Die you inbred Neanderthals . die !

Moulin Yarns
29-07-2013, 02:18 PM
The Thread heading needs changed, Admins.

How about "Liths send bidders away to think again" :greengrin

Thanks Admins. It needed to be done

Kato
29-07-2013, 02:23 PM
"Hopeful" or "Confident"?

Desperate

Hibs07p
29-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Has the school been put up for sale yet or planning restrictions imposed due to the "blast zone"? It seems like a nice parcel of land is becoming available down Gorgie way for development.

GGTTH

jgl07
29-07-2013, 02:32 PM

They would have been in exactly the same position but it would have affected the Championship rather than the Premiership of the new SPFL.

hibs4thecup1988
29-07-2013, 02:34 PM
So why is this different to "the rangers" then? I am easily confused. And when you say liquidated means they no longer exist does that mean everything sold off and they can't even play in 3rd division etc

kdhibees1
29-07-2013, 02:39 PM
When your club's about to die, and none else can buy......there's massone. When your starting to worry, you need cash in a hurry.....there's massone.
All the flumps they did drool, mad Vlad no longer rules - no amore! Clocks will tick, tick-a-tick-a-ticktick-a-tick-a tick and you'll sing, "Morte, morte"
Dean Martin kens!!

bingo70
29-07-2013, 02:40 PM
So why is this different to "the rangers" then? I am easily confused. And when you say liquidated means they no longer exist does that mean everything sold off and they can't even play in 3rd division etc

They won't have a stadium for a start, they also don't have time on their side.

I think the wheels were put in motion for a newco at rangers months before it happened.

Gus Fring
29-07-2013, 02:41 PM

Rangers didn't have secured creditors that are rejecting lowball offers. Hearts also don't have anywhere near the commercial clout that Rangers had. If Hearts are liquidated part of that process would involve selling Tynecastle to the highest bidder so that UKIO can get as much money back for the lithunianian tax payer as possible. Commercial rights etc would also be sold but uncoupled from the stadium Hearts are worth a lot less money. The basis of a football club could be bought and entered into a competition but with the pyramid system it would be unlikely they'd get to skip ahead to the 3rd division.

Renfrew_Hibby
29-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Are they Caunts no deed yet? Let the Bakeathon begin!

Mac
29-07-2013, 02:44 PM
I said from the beginning due to how complicated this whole
Thing was along without the financial/commercial/retail clout rangers have, that they will be lucky to playing any sort of football this season, longer its gone the more chance that exactly what will happen

Notahappyhibee
29-07-2013, 02:46 PM

I hope it is so.

No not far enough

Treadstone
29-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Rangers didn't have secured creditors that are rejecting lowball offers. Hearts also don't have anywhere near the commercial clout that Rangers had. If Hearts are liquidated part of that process would involve selling Tynecastle to the highest bidder so that UKIO can get as much money back for the lithunianian tax payer as possible. Commercial rights etc would also be sold but uncoupled from the stadium Hearts are worth a lot less money. The basis of a football club could be bought and entered into a competition but with the pyramid system it would be unlikely they'd get to skip ahead to the 3rd division.

Holding off on the admin could actually be the death of them.

Mon the karma. :greengrin

Dunderhall
29-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Because FoH think they can get the lot and shed debt for fifty quid and 2000 nectar points.

...Ian Murray MP, independent chair of the Foundation of Hearts said:

“Our bid team, working on behalf of the Foundation of Hearts continues to negotiate on the points of the bid submitted on our behalf to BDO....

So it's just the nectar points that's the issue then.

Forget the face painting, get spending at Sainsburys.

Hibbyradge
29-07-2013, 02:47 PM
When your club's about to die, and none else can buy......there's massone. When your starting to worry, you need cash in a hurry.....there's massone.
All the flumps they did drool, mad Vlad no longer rules - no amore! Clocks will tick, tick-a-tick-a-ticktick-a-tick-a tick and you'll sing, "Karma, karma"
Dean Martin kens!!

Excellent!

Can I suggest "Morte Morte" instead of Karma Karma? :wink:

jgl07
29-07-2013, 02:49 PM

I think they would struggle to get a Newco company established and sorted out to enter the League system for this season.

They will have to cool their heels for a year and try to get into the Lowland League for 2014-15. Or maybe they would have to start in Division Two of the East of Scotland League?

Hearts will be back in some form or another.......

......... Eventually!

kdhibees1
29-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Excellent!

Can I suggest "Morte Morte" instead of Karma Karma? :wink:
Fixed that for ya. My Italian ain't what it ever was :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
29-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Tactically, Hearts felt they couldn't go into admin late last season, as it would have meant a points deduction and possible relegation to first division.

WRONG MOVE!

By not doing so it now seems they've given themselves no chance to set a Newco before the season starts. Sadly, from their POV, they have messed things up badly. Their scenario now looks much akin to Third Lanark than The Rangers. It's doubtful whether Hearts, in ANY form, will be playing in ANY league competition next season. And almost certainly NOT at Tynecastle.

But 5-1, 1902, killed us as a club etc etc

Ozyhibby
29-07-2013, 02:56 PM
I think they would struggle to get a Newco company established and sorted out to enter the League system for this season.

They will have to cool their heels for a year and try to get into the Lowland League for 2014-15. Or maybe they would have to start in Division Two of the East of Scotland League?

......... Eventually!

Wouldn't be so sure. Without Tynecastle it would take a £20m investment to get them a new stadium in Edinburgh. Who has that kind of cash?

Treadstone
29-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Wouldn't be so sure. Without Tynecastle it would take a £20m investment to get them a new stadium in Edinburgh. Who has that kind of cash?

Bob Jamieson and his all star yank consortium was going to spend £45m on a new stadium. £20m thats a bargain.:cb

kdhibees1
29-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Tactically, Hearts felt they couldn't go into admin late last season, as it would have meant a points deduction and possible relegation to first division.

WRONG MOVE!

By not doing so it now seems they've given themselves no chance to set a Newco before the season starts. Sadly, from their POV, they have messed things up badly. Their scenario now looks much akin to Third Lanark than The Rangers. It's doubtful whether Hearts, in ANY form, will be playing in ANY league competition next season. And almost certainly NOT at Tynecastle.

But 5-1, 1902, killed us as a club etc etc
Beautiful!! It's their way of working though.... let's leave everything to the last second again and again!! Beggars belief!!

ginger_rice
29-07-2013, 02:59 PM

......... Eventually!

Well if they do actually survive this wouldn't be too bad really, that could mean 7 years before they could get back to the top division IF EVER!! :greengrin

The Green Goblin
29-07-2013, 03:01 PM

WRONG MOVE!

Is that a single tear trickling down my cheek as I read your post..............?

Nope...nope....it's just very cold winter weather here. :greengrin

bingo70
29-07-2013, 03:03 PM
how long have they got to get new bids in?

kdhibees1
29-07-2013, 03:04 PM
The 1st I think?

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2013, 03:05 PM

No-one has said. Thinking they'll get a couple of weeks at the most.

kdhibees1
29-07-2013, 03:06 PM
No-one has said. Thinking they'll get a couple of weeks at the most.:cb

bingo70
29-07-2013, 03:08 PM
No-one has said. Thinking they'll get a couple of weeks at the most.

is there no chance the administrators take into account the seasons about to start and if no acceptable bid is on the horizon do the honorable thing and cut off the life support machine?

surely the SPFL have grounds to ask questions now?

Hibbyradge
29-07-2013, 03:09 PM
is there no chance the administrators take into account the seasons about to start and if no acceptable bid is on the horizon do the honorable thing and cut off the life support machine?

I'm guessing this news is what McLaughlin was referring to in his "Wow" tweet.

Leithenhibby
29-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Just bought my wife a lovely new appliance for the kitchen. :wink:

bingo70
29-07-2013, 03:12 PM

No, his phone went on to twitter and typed "WOW" in his pocket :agree:

Simkin911
29-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Are BDO making a statement this afternoon?

Sylar
29-07-2013, 03:13 PM

Trouser wowsers? :greengrin

DaveF
29-07-2013, 03:14 PM

I wouldn't think BDO will care too much about the season starting soon. After all, they are making money by the day.

steakbake
29-07-2013, 03:14 PM

Maybe that was the penny dropping for a member of the media who had until now been following the idea that all is barry....

Hibbyradge
29-07-2013, 03:16 PM

Aye, how silly of me, of course it did...

Gus Fring
29-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Are BDO making a statement this afternoon?

They made one a few hours ago

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20130729/bdo-progress-being-made_2241384_3331202

Onion
29-07-2013, 03:19 PM

:agree:They should be right in there. First bids rejected out of hand and creditors alluding to liquidation is a RED FLAG in anyone's book, and the SPFL need to be looking after the interests of all the well run clubs in Scotland, not the shysters. At risk of stating the bleeding obvious, the press should be asking the SPFL what Plan B is if Hearts fail to agree a deal and get liquidated.

bathhibby
29-07-2013, 03:24 PM
If the Yams start the season how many games will the SPFL give them before they pull the plug ? if only 2 or 3 games Morton could make that up and all the other Teams that shuffle up = the longer they leave it the harder it will be to catch up.

PS
Anyone thinking about buying tickets for the PBS they need to hold off or they could lose their money

Treadstone
29-07-2013, 03:26 PM
I hope all the fandango-ing about is taken into consideration when new licences are applied for.:greengrin

YehButNoBut
29-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Just remembered the disciplinary meeting with the SFA is now this Thursday, should be an interesting meeting. :agree:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23357790

Gus Fring
29-07-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm not sure what people actually expect the SPFL to do? They can't do anything as nothing has happened yet. Hearts have unfortunately not done anything that the SPFL hasn't already acted on. As I said earlier. It doesn't matter what happens now as the leagues are going to suffer some sort of problem.

But maybe Hearts get sold an make the start of the season? They play horridly bad but they are still there. It's not very fair that they were kicked out because they "might" get liquidated