PDA

View Full Version : Where are these new signings!?

Purehibee_MYB
18-08-2009, 01:59 PM
I hope many of you like me are wondering why we haven't gone in for players lower down in the division like Arfield or Dorman...even Barr!! I'm growing increasingly frustrated with the boards reluctance to invest in the squad, and enthusiasm to expand easter road, without a good team, no one will fill those extra seats that the board will put in
:grr:

any thoughts?

Dashing Bob S
18-08-2009, 02:00 PM
i hope many of you like me are wondering why we haven't gone in for players lower down in the division like arfield or dorman...even barr!! I'm growing increasingly frustrated with the boards reluctance to invest in the squad, and enthusiasm to expand easter road, without a good team, no one will fill those extra seats that the board will put in

Any thoughts?

ltyf

--------
18-08-2009, 02:06 PM
ltyf

Amen, Brother Bob.

LTYF. :agree:

RoslinInstHibby
18-08-2009, 02:08 PM
I hope many of you like me are wondering why we haven't gone in for players lower down in the division like Arfield or Dorman...even Barr!! I'm growing increasingly frustrated with the boards reluctance to invest in the squad, and enthusiasm to expand easter road, without a good team, no one will fill those extra seats that the board will put in

any thoughts?

:lolyam::jamboclow:brokenyam:

dublinhfc
18-08-2009, 02:09 PM

any thoughts?

I think hearts are pish, your burds a minger and yer mas oan the game

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 02:16 PM
My thoughts are unprintable. :wink:

However, since you ask, the signings are in here (http://www.solarstorms.org/Pictures/AlaskanPipeline.jpg).

Unlike those World Cup Stars across the road.

On the subject of the deluded ones, yon Witteveen is some player, eh?

So bad he makes Nade look mediocre.

Steve20
18-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Is what the OP saying actually wrong? Where are these new signings? The season has started and I would have expected more players in by now.

--------
18-08-2009, 02:20 PM
My thoughts are unprintable. :wink:

However, since you ask, the signings are in here (http://www.solarstorms.org/Pictures/AlaskanPipeline.jpg).

Unlike those World Cup Stars across the road.

On the subject of the deluded ones, yon Witteveen is some player, eh?

So bad he makes Nade look mediocre.

Let's just hope that mad burd Palin hasn't shot them, Radge. :devil:

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Is what the OP saying actually wrong? Where are these new signings? The season has started and I would have expected more players in by now.

We have 4 new signings plus Zouma and Benji.

How many signings would you expect before the transfer window closes?

RoxburghHibs
18-08-2009, 02:30 PM

4 news signings including one 19 year old so realistically 3 first team regular players in and how many out...6...7 or is it 8?

Here's 8 names I can think off...

Fletcher
Szamotulski
Jones
O'Brien
McNeil
Chisholm
Campbell
Rosa

IMHO we need at least 2 or 3 more players in (but no more strikers thanks :greengrin)

jgl07
18-08-2009, 02:38 PM

any thoughts?
You need to try a bit harder than that.

:jamboclow:jamboclow:jamboclow

brog
18-08-2009, 02:39 PM
This place is like the McCarthy witch hunts of the 50's, anytime someone steps out from the party line he's denounced as a Yam. I have no idea if OP is a Yam or not but he asks a perfectly reasonable question. We've brought in millions of pounds in transfer fees, got some of the highest earners at the club off our books & so far we've signed 4 free transfers. FWIW I'm pleased with all the transfers but we definitely lack quality in key areas & I'm sure most of us will be looking for one or 2 more signings before the end of the window.

Steve20
18-08-2009, 02:42 PM

I would expect the club to notice the positions in the team that need filled and with the money we have took in, there is no real excuse not to bring people in.

Zouma and Benji were already Hibs players. 4 players in. How many went out?

jgl07
18-08-2009, 02:43 PM
This place is like the McCarthy witch hunts of the 50's, anytime someone steps out from the party line he's denounced as a Yam. I have no idea if OP is a Yam or not but he asks a perfectly reasonable question. We've brought in millions of pounds in transfer fees, got some of the highest earners at the club off our books & so far we've signed 4 free transfers. FWIW I'm pleased with all the transfers but we definitely lack quality in key areas & I'm sure most of us will be looking for one or 2 more signings before the end of the window.
Someone come on with 6 postings and quotes directly from the Kickback book of talking points in an obviousl attempt to wind-up gullible people like yourself.

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 02:44 PM
I would expect the club to notice the positions in the team that need filled and with the money we have took in, there is no real excuse not to bring people in.

We have another 2 weeks to bring them in.

Zouma and Benji were already Hibs players. 4 Players in. How many went out?

Unless I'm mistaken, we have added 6 players to the first team squad compared to last season.

More will come before 31 Augiust.

WTF are you complaining about?

Don't you know how the transfer window works?

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm sure most of us will be looking for one or 2 more signings before the end of the window.

Yes we are. And we'll get them.

The OP and a couple of others are complaining that we haven't got them all in by now.

That's just not how it works.

Wilson
18-08-2009, 02:50 PM
I would hope for one or two signings of genuine quality. Players who could walk straight into our side. We could do with that extra quality if we intend to at least pip Dundee United to third over the course of the season.

However, with Benji (and others) not moving on, and with the likes of Hanlon and Wotherspoon making a better impact than expected, I wouldn't be surprised if the club held fire on any signings until January.

Hopefully I'm just being cynical though and Rod is set to splash the cash.

IWasThere2016
18-08-2009, 02:50 PM

Unless I'm mistaken, we have added 6 players to the first team squad compared to last season.

Which also means more can leave :cool2:

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Which also means more can leave :cool2:

Indeed.

As I said elsewhere, I don't expect Bamba will be with us much longer.

Gus Fring
18-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Fletcher
Szamotulski (Not sold, only had him for last season)
Jones
O'Brien (Utter Pish)
McNeil (Surplus to requirements IMO)
Chisholm
Campbell
Rosa (Not sold, only had him for last season)

Cant really complain about all of the players who left, we've added quite a few league winning under 19s to the squad as well (7 i think) We've got Zouma and Benji back also. Overall i think we're in good shape.

Hibs are a selling club, always will be, but it seems to me we've got a damn good youth setup to choose from before looking externally.

Wotherspoon is looking set to be a shining example of this.

Oh and before i forget

LTYF :jamboclow

IWasThere2016
18-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Cropley and Gray also left. Keenan also to be away by 31 August.

It is more than 8 that have left ..

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 02:59 PM
4 news signings including one 19 year old so realistically 3 first team regular players in and how many out...6...7 or is it 8?

That'll be the 19 year old who came on as a sub to cross the ball for Benji (also a sub) to score the winner?

4 new signings and 2 back from loan = 6 new first players from last season.

The squad needs trimmed, by the way, so I fully expect more out than in.

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Cropley and Gray also left. Keenan also to be away by 31 August.

It is more than 8 that have left ..

Good stuff. We need to get the numbers down. :agree:

--------
18-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Yes we are. And we'll get them.

The OP and a couple of others are complaining that we haven't got them all in by now.

That's just not how it works.

:agree:

IIRC Sol Bamba arrived last year RIGHT at the end of the window ...

... for a very reasonable fee, too.

We have 13 days yet.

And of the 8 names mentioned by RoxburghHibs - Fletcher, Szamotulski, Jones, O'Brien, McNeil, Chisholm, Campbell, and Rosa - FOUR (O'Brien, McNeil, Chisholm, and Campbell) were of very doubtful value in first-team terms; and TWO (Szamotulski and Rosa) were short-term signing, one of whom has a recurring problem with his knees, the other having been replaced directly by any one of 3 or 4 new midfield signings.

Fletcher and Jones we knew were going from way back, and we could still bring in direct replacements in the next 2 weeks.

O'Brien, McNeil, Chisholm, Campbell, and Rosa have been replaced - by guys from the U-19's like Wotherspoon and Byrne, by signings like Galbraith, McBride and Cregg, by Zouma's return, and by Flynn's progress as Number 3 keeper.

Szamo's been replaced by Graham Stack. Fletcher by the return of Benji - at least for the short term. Rosa by Zouma.

Bamba will be a decent short-term replacement for Jones, but a centre-half is one player I'd expect to arrive in the next few days.

Last season some of us were girning we never gave the youngsters a chance.

Yogi gives the youngsters a chance, and pow! we URGENTLY need to sign senior players of proven calibre - or maybe those proverbial "could do a job for us" guys ... :rolleyes:

So when someone new to the board comes out with stock YamPost #326?

What Bob said. LTYF. :devil:

brog
18-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Someone come on with 6 postings and quotes directly from the Kickback book of talking points in an obviousl attempt to wind-up gullible people like yourself.

The OP didn't wind me up, people jumping all over him & calling him a Yam did. You may not have noticed but everyone, even non-gullible people with nearly 2000 posts, have to start at post 1. I hope your 1st post wasn't greeted with cries of Yam!

dublinhfc
18-08-2009, 03:12 PM
The OP didn't wind me up, people jumping all over him & calling him a Yam did. You may not have noticed but everyone, even non-gullible people with nearly 2000 posts, have to start at post 1. I hope your 1st post wasn't greeted with cries of Yam!

Ahh it probably was......but even still the OP is defo a yambam at the wind up.....

so panic on the street of gorgie, panic on the street s of dalry.....hang the jambo hang the jambo hang the jambo........HANG THE JAMBO!!! :wink:

EskbankHibby
18-08-2009, 03:13 PM

any thoughts?

Dearie f****** me :rolleyes:, is that your best?

Need to work on that camouflage my friend, sticking out like Nade's bellybutton.

FWIW i still think Rod and Yogi may have a couple of tricks up their sleeve.

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Ahh it probably was......but even still the OP is defo a yambam at the wind up.....

so panic on the street of gorgie, panic on the street s of dalry.....hang the jambo hang the jambo hang the jambo........HANG THE JAMBO!!! :wink:

I don't think so.

Give him space. :agree:

Andy74
18-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Id expect at least another two in and they will be on deadline day. With maybe two or three out as well.

Jim44
18-08-2009, 03:16 PM

any thoughts?

I thought Barr looked poor, at best ordinary, against Rangers. Take him or leave him.:dunno:

Purehibee_MYB
18-08-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm not a yam, just cos I'm honest about our prospects that doesnt make me a yam. We used to be favourites for third, now half of the bookies have us down at 6th being a successful season. We need another player IMO, that is clear to see, whether its now or in January we will soon find out if we need one or not but we haven't got a replacement for Fletcher to play with Riordan, no real replacement for Jones , and the money we've got for these transfers isn't being used to get new players, we must have had £15million over the past 4 years, and we'd be lucky to have spent £500,000 on players, call me a yam all u want but im 17 and i've supported hibs all my life, and i remember the latapy, sauzee and mixu era, and I want another team like that, this team we have right now, might well have some good players, I can give the new players a chance but I still think we need to strengthen.

basehibby
18-08-2009, 03:26 PM

any thoughts?

Without indulging in the traditional accusations of Yamfuddery in response to any faintly negative post at the start of the season (don't want to alienate any nascent Isle of Mann supporters club afterall :bitchy:), if you check last weeks interview with Yogi on Hibs Interactive you'll hear him say that he is hot on the tracks of a few signings who will "get the fans excited".
It's a pretty normal thing for signings to be completed towards the end of the window - particularly if they're for a fee - so I'm a long way from being frustrated.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-08-2009, 03:27 PM

any thoughts?

My thoughts are that you are a yam looking to reel some hobos in. Mind you, keechsack is almost in meltdown because of the ginger-whinger's antics last night, so I can see why you are on this site.

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm not a yam, just cos I'm honest about our prospects that doesnt make me a yam. We used to be favourites for third, now half of the bookies have us down at 6th being a successful season. We need another player IMO, that is clear to see, whether its now or in January we will soon find out if we need one or not but we haven't got a replacement for Fletcher to play with Riordan, no real replacement for Jones , and the money we've got for these transfers isn't being used to get new players, we must have had £15million over the past 4 years, and we'd be lucky to have spent £500,000 on players, call me a yam all u want but im 17 and i've supported hibs all my life, and i remember the latapy, sauzee and mixu era, and I want another team like that, this team we have right now, might well have some good players, I can give the new players a chance but I still think we need to strengthen.

The players are coming. :agree:

Patience, young Skywalker. :wink:

Westie1875
18-08-2009, 03:30 PM

Jones = 150k
Maka = 150-200k
Zemmama = 200k
Nish = 100k
Rankin = 100k
Riordan = 350k
Bamba = 100k

And thats just off the top of my head.

Not to mention the £5-6m which was spent on the training centre.

Purehibee_MYB
18-08-2009, 03:32 PM
The players are coming. :agree:

Patience, young Skywalker. :wink:

I hope they are, I do hope they are!

and for christ sake stop calling me a yam!! Such a harsh thing to call anyone in this world.

Green Mikey
18-08-2009, 03:33 PM

The problem is that we had debt to pay off, unfortunately the £15m had already been spent during the McLeish era and we had to pay it back using the revenue from transfer fees.

Hibs are run like a proper business, unlike our dear neighbours....:wink:

Purehibee_MYB
18-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Jones = 150k
Maka = 150-200k
Zemmama = 200k
Nish = 100k
Rankin = 100k
Riordan = 350k
Bamba = 100k

Alright proved wrong on the money, but even still you must admit, a lot of the transfer money has almost seemed to have vanished...

jacomo
18-08-2009, 03:35 PM

He asks a reasonable question... and then follows it up with the standard pash about being ripped off etc.

Surprised he didn't follow that by asking if anyone had heard the rumour that the training ground was in fact owned by the Vatican, and only leased to the club at excessive rates.

smurf
18-08-2009, 03:35 PM
In an ideal world i'd love to see us sign a right back with an engine on him. An experienced centre half similar to Jones. A creative midfielder and a forward with a bit of pace.

I'd let go DVZ, Keenan, JJ, Rankin and Nish to get down the numbers....

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 03:36 PM
I hope they are, I do hope they are!

and for christ sake stop calling me a yam!! Such a harsh thing to call anyone in this world.

Apart from Skywalker, I didn't call you anything.

And stop swearing. :take that

Westie1875
18-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Alright proved wrong on the money, but even still you must admit, a lot of the transfer money has almost seemed to have vanished...

Into a multi-million pound training centre, paying off debts, and some put aside for a new stand.

Green Mikey
18-08-2009, 03:37 PM

Vanished:confused: :rolleyes:Check the yearly accounts it gives you a full breakdown of where the money goes.

aberhibsfc
18-08-2009, 03:39 PM

:agree:

Purehibee_MYB
18-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Vanished:confused: :rolleyes:Check the yearly accounts it gives you a full breakdown of where the money goes.

I would like to see these accounts...how do i get a hold of them?

Gmack7
18-08-2009, 03:42 PM
no sure about jj but agree about the rest

Purehibee_MYB
18-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Apart from Skywalker, I didn't call you anything.

And stop swearing. :take that

the yam remark wasnt aimed at you, i realise u didnt call me a yam and appreciate it, just these ppl thinking I'm a yam for being honest, and cos i've only got a few posts.

EskbankHibby
18-08-2009, 03:43 PM

Ah that old chestnut, you were doing so well too.

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 03:45 PM
the yam remark wasnt aimed at you, i realise u didnt call me a yam and appreciate it, just these ppl thinking I'm a yam for being honest, and cos i've only got a few posts.

For being daft. :agree:

dublinhfc
18-08-2009, 03:46 PM

Never a yam, he canne be, he said he was 17 and can remember Russell and Francko.........

His statements aren't the least bit yammish.......:jamboak::jamboclow:fishin::spammy:

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 03:47 PM
If he's a Yam, we'll find out.

Leave it to the experts. :wink:

smurf
18-08-2009, 03:47 PM

But doesn't split the salary costs into that for players and that for non players....:cool2:

Purehibee_MYB
18-08-2009, 03:48 PM
For being daft. :agree:

Well i wouldnt say daft, more ambitious, but i do regret posting this thread, just being shot down right now, think i'll stick to posting on other threads for now

--------
18-08-2009, 03:49 PM

Yogi has said he's looking to sign people - he's said it every time he's been interviewed since he came.

There's no virtue in spending money we don't need to spend. The need to sign a striker will be less pressing if Benji stays around and plays as he can; Yogi needed to see how the kids would do - better that than bringing someone in who just takes a place one of the young guys could fill; Jones IMO was rather over-rated, but centre-half's a position we want to get the right man in to fill.

And apologies.

Jones = 150k
Maka = 150-200k
Zemmama = 200k
Nish = 100k
Rankin = 100k
Riordan = 350k
Bamba = 100k

And the hard work bringing the debts down to a manageable level - which was just as well in view of the current economic climate.

There would be signing fees to the players as well, besides the often-forgotten need to pay them salaries; and laughable as it may seem, we also paid good money for O'Brien and Martis (about 250k for the two together, IIRC).

Speedway
18-08-2009, 03:52 PM

1. Become a shareholder

2. Search the official site

3. Search this site under the search term 'AGM'

On Monday morning, Hibs were actively pursuing 6 'players of quality' who would 'walk right into the first team'.

They weren't looking to sign all six, they had options. The general basic wage that Hibs offer is circa £1,800 a week, plus bonuses. Not too many 'players of quality' will play for that money and paying them much more would be counter productive and send us over budget again. The exception to this of course, is when we're catching 'players of quality' on the up and £1,800 is a fortune to them.

So right now, the 'players of quality' have received Hibs offer and their agents are being paid to find something better. So, few 'players of quality' will settle to sign for a poxy team in a poxy league with a poxy support who only ever moan about what they haven't got, at this point in time. You'll notice that those we have signed were all without a club, at the time we signed them.

If the 'players of quality' can't get anything better by August 31st, they might sign and focus on getting out of Hibs ASAP by playing well for us, for a season or two. Otherwise they'll turn Hibs down on deadline day and Hibs will have to identify more players to target and start all over again, with little time to spare.

Meanwhile, know-nowts on here will be outraged that we've only signed 4 players in 8 weeks and ignore that we have to let more go than we sign because (a) we were over budget and (b) the manager doesn't want a squad as big as it was.

But hey, Petrie's a tightwad etc.

Purehibee_MYB
18-08-2009, 03:54 PM

Never a yam, he canne be, he said he was 17 and can remember Russell and Francko.........

His statements aren't the least bit yammish.......:jamboak::jamboclow:fishin::spammy:

Just cos I was 7/8 doesnt mean i simply can't remember Sauzee and Latapy, My First hibs match was when i was about six and we beat Dunfermiline 5-1, i was there for the celtic match last december on the 7th when we beat celtic 2-0 and most importantly I was there for the league cup final, and if u dont believe me then here is the video i made of the final http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxP_nc920OE
Note:my user name is Purehibee, much like my name on here purehibee 1875 and the other videos by purehibee, are from the Isle of man where i am from, if u needed proof i am not a yam, then there it is

Purehibee_MYB
18-08-2009, 03:57 PM
1. Become a shareholder

2. Search the official site

3. Search this site under the search term 'AGM'

On Monday morning, Hibs were actively pursuing 6 'players of quality' who would 'walk right into the first team'.

They weren't looking to sign all six, they had options. The general basic wage that Hibs offer is circa £1,800 a week, plus bonuses. Not too many 'players of quality' will play for that money and paying them much more would be counter productive and send us over budget again. The exception to this of course, is when we're catching 'players of quality' on the up and £1,800 is a fortune to them.

So right now, the 'players of quality' have received Hibs offer and their agents are being paid to find something better. So, few 'players of quality' will settle to sign for a poxy team in a poxy league with a poxy support who only ever moan about what they haven't got, at this point in time. You'll notice that those we have signed were all without a club, at the time we signed them.

If the 'players of quality' can't get anything better by August 31st, they might sign and focus on getting out of Hibs ASAP by playing well for us, for a season or two. Otherwise they'll turn Hibs down on deadline day and Hibs will have to identify more players to target and start all over again, with little time to spare.

Meanwhile, know-nowts on here will be outraged that we've only signed 4 players in 8 weeks and ignore that we have to let more go than we sign because (a) we were over budget and (b) the manager doesn't want a squad as big as it was.

But hey, Petrie's a tightwad etc.

You've proved me wrong, however, I'm not one to usually moan, but all I wondered is why couldnt we get rid of JJ, and get someone like arfield, or dorman, surely we can offer better wages and enough money to sign them?

jgl07
18-08-2009, 03:59 PM
All you need to know is here:

http://www.football-finances.org.uk/hibs/

Speedway
18-08-2009, 04:00 PM
You've proved me wrong, however, I'm not one to usually moan, but all I wondered is why couldnt we get rid of JJ, and get someone like arfield, or dorman, surely we can offer better wages and enough money to sign them?

Arfield's got 4 championship clubs offering him £4k + as a basic.

Does that answer your question?

As for Dorman, who would you drop to accommodate him?

jgl07
18-08-2009, 04:01 PM
You really need to come up with something better than that. I am sure you would feel more at home on another site.

Both would take big money deals to sign and neither fit into Hibs main priorities.

Hiber-nation
18-08-2009, 04:03 PM
The way this laddie has been lynched is beyond belief. What if we lose on Saturday and hearts win? Would any of his questions be pertinent then?

Purehibee_MYB
18-08-2009, 04:08 PM
You really need to come up with something better than that. I am sure you would feel more at home on another site.

Both would take big money deals to sign and neither fit into Hibs main priorities.

Quite happy here actually, they are ambitious signings but ambition is something a lot of scottish teams are lacking, hibs are probably one of the most ambitious, but even then we need a Sheikh!

ronaldo7
18-08-2009, 04:09 PM
If he's a Yam, we'll find out.

Leave it to the experts. :wink:

Who are you getting in:wink:

Purehibee_MYB
18-08-2009, 04:09 PM
The way this laddie has been lynched is beyond belief. What if we lose on Saturday and hearts win? Would any of his questions be pertinent then?

Thanks for giving me a bit of support, I've learnt my lesson, not gonna post a thread for a while...

Wilson
18-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Thanks for giving me a bit of support, I've learnt my lesson, not gonna post a thread for a while...

Then it was all worth it.

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Who are you getting in:wink:

You were on the short list.

Hang on, let me rephrase that; You weren't even considered.

:na na:

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 04:14 PM

If you're a Hibs supporter, and I think you are, then keep posting threads and joining in discussions.

If this had been a wind-up then it failed miserably.

Talking about "vanishing transfer fees", however, is a bit silly.

jgl07
18-08-2009, 04:25 PM
If you're a Hibs supporter, and I think you are, then keep posting threads and joining in discussions.

If this had been a wind-up then it failed miserably.

Talking about "vanishing transfer fees", however, is a bit silly.
You should read his earlier postings about the need to bring back Jinky and the give Damon Grey a chance!

Purehibee_MYB
18-08-2009, 04:28 PM
You should read his earlier postings about the need to bring back Jinky and the give Damon Grey a chance!

Really dont remember saying that... but ive been proven wrong before

brog
18-08-2009, 04:29 PM
He's a 17 year old lad posting from the Isle of Man & all the witchfinder generals on this site take orgiastic delight in denouncing him as a Yam. Pathetic! If we hadn't struggled past a 10 man relegation-candidate team at home on Saturday this board would have been full of the great & the good asking the same question as the OP.
I'm sure we're trying to get people in & I expect we will but the OP is perfectly entitled to ask the question.

Purehibee_MYB
18-08-2009, 04:31 PM
He's a 17 year old lad posting from the Isle of Man & all the witchfinder generals on this site take orgiastic delight in denouncing him as a Yam. Pathetic! If we hadn't struggled past a 10 man relegation-candidate team at home on Saturday this board would have been full of the great & the good asking the same question as the OP.
I'm sure we're trying to get people in & I expect we will but the OP is perfectly entitled to ask the question.

Thank you, someone who will listen to me or understands me

jgl07
18-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Really dont remember saying that... but ive been proven wrong before

http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=1436829&postcount=7

Riordans Boots
18-08-2009, 04:32 PM
I would just like to say that this thread is getting a bit too serious and some on here going a bit too far. Give the lad a break.

Purehibee_MYB
18-08-2009, 04:34 PM
http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=1436829&postcount=7

Ah but that was a while ago now, when Damon Gray scored against aberdeen, he should have been given more of a chance, but he faded away, and we did eventually need to off load him as we have a larger squad now...

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 04:38 PM

Oh, I have. :agree:

Spike Mandela
18-08-2009, 04:38 PM

Someone better explain to Yogi how it works as he was banging on about having 2 or 3 players in by the game on Saturday.

Most people expected that would never happen but his loose talk raised people's expectation for new faces and now it looks like Hibs are dragging their heels.

We all know Hibs have room for more players before the window shuts but I wouldn't hold your breath for the mythical signings who will 'excite the fans'(Yogi's words)

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Someone better explain to Yogi how it works as he was banging on about having 2 or 3 players in by the game on Saturday.

Most people expected that would never happen but his loose talk raised people's expectation for new faces and now it looks like Hibs are dragging their heels.

We all know Hibs have room for more players before the window shuts but I wouldn't hold your breath for the mythical signings who will 'excite the fans'(Yogi's words)

Yogi obviously thought Cliff had asked him about players coming in before the window ended.

The chances of him not knowing if we were going to sign someone in time for Saturday's game are virtually nil.

The interview was recorded on the Thursday, for heaven's sake.

sam armstrong
19-08-2009, 10:15 AM

Here's 8 names I can think off...

Fletcher
Szamotulski
Jones
O'Brien
McNeil
Chisholm
Campbell
Rosa

IMHO we need at least 2 or 3 more players in (but no more strikers thanks :greengrin)

We had far too big a squad last season. I would rather wait till the manager decides he can get a player who will actually fit in at Easter Road and improve the squad rather than get sub standard players just for the sake of it. I also think fishing the stadium is important even if it means relying on younger players for a while. Only Jones and fletcher were regular players and although they will both be missed I don't think our performances/results will suffer too much.

Leith Green
19-08-2009, 10:20 AM
What a bunch of bullies on this thread !

Same old story, if someone upsets any of the people with lots of posts they are jumped upon... Sad and pathetic !

Speedway
19-08-2009, 10:29 AM
What a bunch of bullies on this thread !

Same old story, if someone upsets any of the people with lots of posts they are jumped upon... Sad and pathetic !

I would just like to say that this thread is getting a bit too serious and some on here going a bit too far. Give the lad a break.

Poppycock.

No-one's lynching the lad personally. Once it was clear he was not a yam, that stopped. I'm sure that you would have had no objection to his 'lynching' if he had have been a yam.

What is being jumped on, is pish posting. Posting pish will always get stomped on in here no matter who posts it (and I am the reigning champion, closely challenged by you lot of slavers :greengrin)

The boy has posted ill informed, ill thought out opinion and has been called on it. It would appear that he's taking it an awful lot better than his righteous defenders and for a 17 year old, that says a lot about him.

Hibs7
19-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Never mind all this crap aboot Yam or no Yam, where are the new signings !!!!!:wink:

Speedway
19-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Never mind all this crap aboot Yam or no Yam, where are the new signings !!!!!:wink:

At their current clubs :wink:

Hibs7
19-08-2009, 10:39 AM

Do you not have any snippets this week my man ?

Speedway
19-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Do you not have any snippets this week my man ?

Not a sausage. There's word of a closed doors game taking place this week but other than that - nowt.

MyJo
19-08-2009, 10:48 AM

Playing in the EPL reserves league :wink:

Hibs7
Not a sausage. There's word of a closed doors game taking place this week but other than that - nowt.

That doesn't make for interesting reading, looks like we will have to wait till next week before anything hots up .......... if it ever does. I am sure you will keep us up to date on any decent rumours anyway. :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
Jeez is it the 31st of August already - I should have been back at work two weeks ago! What am I going to do????? My boss will bl**dy well kill me!!!!

How did I miss all that last minute activity before the window slammed shut? We're doomed, doomed ah tell ye!

Hibs7
19-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Jeez is it the 31st of August already - I should have been back at work two weeks ago! What am I going to do????? My boss will bl**dy well kill me!!!!

How did I miss all that last minute activity before the window slammed shut? We're doomed, doomed ah tell ye!

You could put rip van winkle to shame :greengrin ah but I just noticed the reason, you are in Fife.

scoopyboy
19-08-2009, 10:50 AM

Or possibly not in a couple of instances if they have no clubs.

Phil D. Rolls
19-08-2009, 10:52 AM
You could put rip van winkle to shame :greengrin ah but I just noticed the reason, you are in Fife.

Butter is still 6d a pound here, and you can leave your front door open all night. I think that takes some beating.

Hibs7
19-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Butter is still 6d a pound here, and you can leave your front door open all night. I think that takes some beating.

Beating aye there are a few of them over there too, have you heard about the new social site for battered women ........ Twatter. :wink:

Leith Green
19-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Poppycock.

No-one's lynching the lad personally. Once it was clear he was not a yam, that stopped. I'm sure that you would have had no objection to his 'lynching' if he had have been a yam.

What is being jumped on, is pish posting. Posting pish will always get stomped on in here no matter who posts it (and I am the reigning champion, closely challenged by you lot of slavers :greengrin)

The boy has posted ill informed, ill thought out opinion and has been called on it. It would appear that he's taking it an awful lot better than his righteous defenders and for a 17 year old, that says a lot about him.

It's not for you and certain others to be judge and jury though is it?.

Show some respect and try to understand that not everyone has the same opinion as yourself.. I

ts pretty sad to be honest, and I have lost count of the amount of times it has been allowed to happen, usually resulting in the person who has been picked on leaving or being banned for losing the rag.

In short it's a fans forum, different fans see things differently, so let people spout their p1sh without all the sneering and name calling, just as you are allowed to spout yours !

If you think someone is slavering p1sh then why respond to it?

Beefster
19-08-2009, 10:55 AM
I'm not sure what the tone of the last two pages are like but, after grinding my way through the first page, why are people so intolerant of differing views?

The OP may or may not be a Yam but sometimes this place is like a wee gang of 14 year old girls in the way that new or irregular posters are treated.

It's becoming more and more like Sickbag as time goes on.

Phil D. Rolls
19-08-2009, 11:02 AM
The OP may or may not be a Yam but sometimes this place is like a wee gang of 14 year old girls in the way that new or irregular posters are treated.

Anybody else watch Hannah Montana last night, it was sooooo kewl.

WEE AIRDRIE JAMBO AGREES

number9dream
19-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Here's hoping Yogi can tie up a loan deal for a galloping reserve EPL right-back before the end of August. That has to be the priority.
I think we can just about manage in all other departments and should only strengthen if an exceptional player is available.
If we can't get a good right-sided full-back, I'd think about playing Murray there and sticking with Hanlon at left-back.

Beefster
19-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Anybody else watch Hannah Montana last night, it was sooooo kewl.

WEE AIRDRIE JAMBO AGREES

Hobo.

Oh aye, and Yogi pure looks like the gadgey fi the Banana Bunch. Lolz.

Speedway
19-08-2009, 11:23 AM
It's not for you and certain others to be judge and jury though is it?.

Of course it is, judge, jury and executioner, me. Have you not read the fundamental principles and doctrines of Hibs.Net?

Show some respect and try to understand that not everyone has the same opinion as yourself.. I

If everyone had the same opinion as me we'd be doomed...or swimming in pish, one of the two.

ts pretty sad to be honest, and I have lost count of the amount of times it has been allowed to happen, usually resulting in the person who has been picked on leaving or being banned for losing the rag.

In short it's a fans forum, different fans see things differently, so let people spout their p1sh without all the sneering and name calling, just as you are allowed to spout yours !

Or we could realise that it's an internet messageboard and not take it too seriously.

If you think someone is slavering p1sh then why respond to it?

To let them know that they're slavering pish.

It will stand purehibee 1875 in good stead and he'll come back having engaged his brain before posting. He'll rise to the top of the .net intelligensia on that basis.

Transfer fees vanished indeed, Hibs doing nothing indeed. Should we pay the Hibs board a bit more respect as well perhaps?

Speedway
19-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Or possibly not in a couple of instances if they have no clubs.

Indeed.

Petrie's Tache
19-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Indeed.

Beuzy AND??????

Velma Dinkley
19-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Indeed.

Quite

Danderhall Hibs
19-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Jones = 150k
Maka = 150-200k
Zemmama = 200k
Nish = 100k
Rankin = 100k
Riordan = 350k
Bamba = 100k

Where are these figures officially listed? I thought most of the were just made up by folk on here?

Speedway
19-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Quite

Naturally.

Dinkydoo
19-08-2009, 11:36 AM
At the moment I think we have a pretty decent side with a few promising guys coming up fae the youth team to have a look at.

I'd be a bit disappointed if nobody new came in before the deadline but lets facfe it, thats fitba - and we're currently in a better financial position than any other club in the SPL.

You can pay off the debt but it'll just keep going back up again if we spend willy nilly :cool2:

However, I'd really like to see a striker and defender (be it CB or RB) come in before the window shuts just so that we've at least got a bit of depth in other areas apart fae the midfield.

but I'm not worried....

GGTTH :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
19-08-2009, 11:36 AM

If we hadn't struggled past a 10 man relegation-candidate team at home on Saturday this board would have been full of the great & the good asking the same question as the OP.

I concur - the OP is perfectly entitled to ask the question

The_Todd
19-08-2009, 11:40 AM

Over the course of our long history, 6th is about right. Not just since TM left, but all the way back to the start.

Being fairly young, you've been spoilt by the McLeish years and TM years. The balance of power ouside the OF fluctuates wildly. Us, Aberdeen, Hertz, Motherwell, United... no team has consistently been best of the rest.

What you've got to remember as well mind is the expensively assembled team you mentioned almost bankrupted us and achieved little other than 3rd place. We're still paying off those debts now.

Mikey
19-08-2009, 11:47 AM

Indeed.

Perhaps the LTYF mob would be good enough to use the "report post" function rather than set about those with differing views.

Petrie's Tache
19-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Indeed.

Perhaps the LTYF mob would be good enough to use the "report post" function rather than set about those with differing views.

perhaps the ITK mob would like to use the spill the beans function rather than set about the smilie functions:grr:

IWasThere2016
19-08-2009, 11:54 AM
perhaps the ITK mob would like to use the spill the beans function rather than set about the smilie functions:grr:

Good idea :wink:

Petrie's Tache
19-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Good idea :wink:

Winker:wink:

Feel free to PM me if you wish:wink::agree::greengrin:devil:

Speedway
19-08-2009, 12:02 PM

Perhaps the MFI mob would like to tell me where I can get an attractive wardrobe at an eye-catching price, rather than set about insolvency procedures.

Ray_
19-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Over the course of our long history, 6th is about right. Not just since TM left, but all the way back to the start.

Being fairly young, you've been spoilt by the McLeish years and TM years. The balance of power ouside the OF fluctuates wildly. Us, Aberdeen, Hertz, Motherwell, United... no team has consistently been best of the rest.

What you've got to remember as well mind is the expensively assembled team you mentioned almost bankrupted us and achieved little other than 3rd place. We're still paying off those debts now.

It wasn't so much the team that was expensive, as well as everything, we brought in 5M from the sale of three members of that team, it was all the other guff we had at the time, which cost us bundles on fees & wages. I say us because it is either our money that has gone directly on to service the debt or we have had to pay by watching reduced quality due to wholesale player sales.

Littlest Hobo
19-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Haven't bought a ST, and if we end up playing average football then I'll probably no go to many games. That's the reality, your move Mr Petrie?:greengrin

Andy74
19-08-2009, 12:18 PM
I concur - the OP is perfectly entitled to ask the question

He is, although with yogi saying he wants players and the window nowhere near closed it's a bit of a pointless question.

I think he is being attacked though for the uncanny use of a number favourite yam pahrases and references to us.

IWasThere2016
19-08-2009, 12:53 PM
He is, although with yogi saying he wants players and the window nowhere near closed it's a bit of a pointless question.

I think he is being attacked though for the uncanny use of a number favourite yam pahrases and references to us.

Did Yogi not also say - last mid-week - that there was a 70% chance of new players before Saturday? I am sure this was posted on here .. If so, more than 72 hours on and nothing ..

smurf
19-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Did Yogi not also say - last mid-week - that there was a 70% chance of new players before Saturday? I am sure this was posted on here .. If so, more than 72 hours on and nothing ..

Is it just too ridiculous to suggest that perhaps Yogi is publicly trying to tell his boss "Close these deals ASAP please!"?

:duck: Thought so...

Westie1875
19-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Where are these figures officially listed? I thought most of the were just made up by folk on here?

They are not listed anywhere as far as I know, I am basing this on what was reported by the press at the time each player was signed.

sam armstrong
19-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Haven't bought a ST, and if we end up playing average football then I'll probably no go to many games. That's the reality, your move Mr Petrie?:greengrin

Right Yogi you better get down to Tesco's and get a player in as green skye hasn't bought a season ticket. You really think it's that easy to get players who will improve the team. We had two 19 year olds playing in the first team and they need supporters not half hearted ones who are not patient enough to watch players develop. No doubt you will be moaning again when they move on to bigger clubs in a few years time.

Danderhall Hibs
19-08-2009, 01:22 PM
They are not listed anywhere as far as I know, I am basing this on what was reported by the press at the time each player was signed.

Fair enough mate – I should’ve said made up by the papers instead. Although I do think the Maka and AOB prices were made up on here.

smurf
19-08-2009, 01:23 PM

Do you regard yourself as a Hibs supporter?

JimBHibees
19-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Here's hoping Yogi can tie up a loan deal for a galloping reserve EPL right-back before the end of August. That has to be the priority.
I think we can just about manage in all other departments and should only strengthen if an exceptional player is available.
If we can't get a good right-sided full-back, I'd think about playing Murray there and sticking with Hanlon at left-back.

I dont know if connected however it mentioned in the EEN that Yogi was at the Dunfermline game last night and pretty sure we have been previously linked with their right back Callum Woods. Maybe nothing.

MyJo
19-08-2009, 01:40 PM

Why is it Petrie's move?? I thought it was yogi who was responsible for the style of football produced on the pitch or are we now in a yamocracy where the owner/director of the club chooses the players, formations and tactics rather than the manager :dunno:

And exactly what is "average football??", I certainly wouldn't be happy to see us playing hoofball (which, by the way, we aren't) but average football?, I have no idea what that is.

Maybe you could ask the club to let you know in advance what the result of each match is going to be so you don't waste your time "supporting" the team when results don't go our way.

Speedway
19-08-2009, 01:49 PM
I dont know if connected however it mentioned in the EEN that Yogi was at the Dunfermline game last night and pretty sure we have been previously linked with their right back Callum Woods. Maybe nothing.

No, not nothing. Spot on.

Twa Cairpets
19-08-2009, 01:50 PM

I bet the 'tache is quite literally Petrified at the thought of your absence.

Get a grip. This season has been, so far, not bad. I dont understand the logic that if you had an ST for Easter Road last year, where the football was turgid, turgid, dire guff, that you would decide this year not to come back? Bizarre

Littlest Hobo
19-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Right Yogi you better get down to Tesco's and get a player in as green skye hasn't bought a season ticket. You really think it's that easy to get players who will improve the team. We had two 19 year olds playing in the first team and they need supporters not half hearted ones who are not patient enough to watch players develop. No doubt you will be moaning again when they move on to bigger clubs in a few years time.

I've watched more than a few young players develop over the years. It's my belief that we shouldn't be putting these young guys in from the start. I remember days gone by when managers would say you don't want to throw them in too early because pressure too soon can either make or brake a young players career. They used to have to play really well for the reserves and then they might get a call up for the first team squad( travel with the team to an away game, get used to their surroundings, little things like that can make all the difference)Now we just throw them in willy nilly because of lack of investment. :confused:

Littlest Hobo
19-08-2009, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=MyJo;2136047]Why is it Petrie's move?? I thought it was yogi who was responsible for the style of football produced on the pitch or are we now in a yamocracy where the owner/director of the club chooses the players, formations and tactics rather than the manager :dunno:
No is the answer to your question, however it's Petrie and co's decision to release the funds to Yogi. Example: DARREN BARR? Why can't we pay the money for him? We are desperate for a replacement for Jones.
And exactly what is "average football??", I certainly wouldn't be happy to see us playing hoofball (which, by the way, we aren't) but average football?, I have no idea what that is.
You'll know average football when you see it because when it happens the seats around the stadiums start to empty pretty quick. Not only that it takes a while to tempt those folk back. Folk like me!
Maybe you could ask the club to let you know in advance what the result of each match is going to be so you don't waste your time "supporting" the team when results don't go our way.

What a pathetic thing to say?:rolleyes:

Littlest Hobo
19-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Do you regard yourself as a Hibs supporter?

Uber fan alert! :rolleyes:

Andy74
19-08-2009, 02:27 PM
I've watched more than a few young players develop over the years. It's my belief that we shouldn't be putting these young guys in from the start. I remember days gone by when managers would say you don't want to throw them in too early because pressure too soon can either make or brake a young players career. They used to have to play really well for the reserves and then they might get a call up for the first team squad( travel with the team to an away game, get used to their surroundings, little things like that can make all the difference)Now we just throw them in willy nilly because of lack of investment. :confused:

Funny, we hardly had any young players in the team last year so we must have had investment then?

The young players in there just now are there on merit. The manager will of course bring them in and out as required.

Who exactly has been thrown in willy nilly??

How did it turn out for Riordan, O'Connor, Brown, Thomson and Whittaker when we relied on them in any case?

Still, i think it's a pointless argument just now, we were way over budget last year by all accounts, we've shifted quite a few out, we've brought in four players all in with a shout of making an immediate impact in the first team in positions badly needed and hughes has been quaoted as saying he is still looking.

Why do we feel the need to complain about how long it takes. The players have to be right for the next 3 or 4 yrs not the next 2 weeks.

The Riordan deal was done last minute and that's the way it works for numerous reasons. If the next 2 or 3 signings are going to be good quality we need to play that game.

Have you see the lists of deals done on deadline day? Why exactly is that if its avoidable?

Andy74
19-08-2009, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=MyJo;2136047]Why is it Petrie's move?? I thought it was yogi who was responsible for the style of football produced on the pitch or are we now in a yamocracy where the owner/director of the club chooses the players, formations and tactics rather than the manager :dunno:
No is the answer to your question, however it's Petrie and co's decision to release the funds to Yogi. Example: DARREN BARR? Why can't we pay the money for him? We are desperate for a replacement for Jones.
You'll know average football when you see it because when it happens the seats around the stadiums start to empty pretty quick. Not only that it takes a while to tempt those folk back. Folk like me!

What a pathetic thing to say?:rolleyes:

I'd love to try and sell you something. You'd probably have given Celtic £1m a week or so before we got him on deadline day for under half of it.

Also, does it strike you as out of order in any way to demand more money to be spent when it seems to be other people's money and not yours that you are looking to spend?

I've never got the I won't be going until we buy more or better player argumenet. The best way we can achieve growth on the park is to get along and put your cash up.

Littlest Hobo
19-08-2009, 02:47 PM
FPSL@ some of those replies! Product needs to get better or no sale! :greengrin

--------
19-08-2009, 02:52 PM

Gordon Smith was 16 when he played for us against Hearts the day after he signed.

Bobby Johnstone was 19 when he played against Nithsdale in a friendly.

Lawrie Reilly was 18 or 19 when he first played for Hibs.

Willie Ormond was 19 when he first played for Stenhousemuir - he signed for us aged 19 and went straight into the first team.

(Ned T was 23 when HE signed - because he'd been in the Navy during the war. I have a feeling he played as a guest a few times before signing, though.)

Pat Stanton made his debut for Hibs a month after his 19th birthday. When he played against Real Madrid at ER in 1965 he was 20.

Peter Cormack played against Real that night as well, scoring both our goals. He was 18.

Alex Edwards made HIS debut for Dunfermline aged 15 in 1961. he played against Valencia in the Fairs' Cup the following year, aged 16 - the pars won 6-2. He played in the Scottish Cup Final aged 19.

John Brownlie was 17 when he first played for us in 1968.

John Blackley made his debut around the same time, aged 19.

There are a lot more where those came from. Like Ian Murray, Scott Brown, Kevin Thomson, Steven Whittaker, Derek Riordan, Garry O'Connor, David Murphy, Dean Shiels, and Steven Fletcher. Not to mention John Collins, Mickey Weir and Paul Kane ... ALL made it into the first team in their teens.

Regarding our present youngsters, I don't think Yogi's 'throwing them in' because of a lack of investment. These guys need to be playing, maybe not every week, but regularly. Some will make it, some won't, but we'll never know if they don't get playing time.

IMO Yogi has it right - on Saturday we had a mix of players who had been around a few years, new signings, and youngsters. For a club like Hibs, that's how it should be.

PS: Joe Baker was 17 when he scored 4 at Tynie in the 4-3 Cup-tie. Good enough, old enough. :wink:

Caversham Green
19-08-2009, 02:54 PM

I can't give you the individual prices, but the accounts show the following transfer fees paid:

2005-06 : £279,030
2006-07 : £904,118
2007-08 : £785,985 (this will include compensation paid to Mixu's former club)

These figures are up to 31 July each year, so Deek and Bamba are not included - there was also compensation paid to Falkirk for Yogi which will show up in the 2008-09 accounts.

As debated previously, these figures do not include signing-on fees paid to players.

ronaldo7
19-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Gordon Smith was 16 when he played for us against Hearts the day after he signed.

Willie Ormond was 19 when he first played for Stenhousemuir - he signed for us aged 19 and went straight into the first team.

(Ned T was 23 when HE signed - because he'd been in the Navy during the war. I have a feeling he played as a guest a few times before signing, though.)

Pat Stanton made his debut for Hibs a month after his 19th birthday. When he played against Real Madrid at ER in 1965 he was 20.

Peter Cormack played against Real that night as well, scoring both our goals. He was 18.

Alex Edwards made HIS debut for Dunfermline aged 15 in 1961. he played against Valencia in the Fairs' Cup the following year, aged 16 - the pars won 6-2. He played in the Scottish Cup Final aged 19.

There are a lot more where those came from. Like Ian Murray, Scott Brown, Kevin Thomson, Steven Whittaker, Derek Riordan, Garry O'Connor, David Murphy, Dean Shiels, and Steven Fletcher. Not to mention John Collins, Mickey Weir and Paul Kane ... ALL made it into the first team in their teens.

Regarding our present youngsters, I don't think Yogi's 'throwing them in' because of a lack of investment. These guys need to be playing, maybe not every week, but regularly. Some will make it, some won't, but we'll never know if they don't get playing time.

IMO Yogi has it right - on Saturday we had a mix of players who had been around a few years, new signings, and youngsters. For a club like Hibs, that's how it should be.

PS: Joe Baker was 17 when he scored 4 at Tynie in the 4-3 Cup-tie. Good enough, old enough. :wink:

Jimmy, Jimmy O'Rourke, Everyone knows his name:flag:

CentreLine
19-08-2009, 03:43 PM

Yes, I remember that too. Jimmy O'Rourke, Pat Stanton, Peter Marinello, Joe Baker, Alex Cropley, Peter Cormack, Bobby Smith et-al. All well in to their twenties before they were thrown in to the side. Then of course internationally there was the likes of Pele, Denis Law and Diego Maradona. Old buggers they were. I hate seeing young players getting a chance

hibhib7
19-08-2009, 03:45 PM

PS: Joe Baker was 17 when he scored 4 at Tynie in the 4-3 Cup-tie. Good enough, old enough. :wink:Thank folk you got that PS in Doddie - I thought Joe wasn't going to get a mention!

IWasThere2016
19-08-2009, 03:54 PM
I can't give you the individual prices, but the accounts show the following transfer fees paid:

2005-06 : £279,030
2006-07 : £904,118
2007-08 : £785,985 (this will include compensation paid to Mixu's former club)

These figures are up to 31 July each year, so Deek and Bamba are not included - there was also compensation paid to Falkirk for Yogi which will show up in the 2008-09 accounts.

As debated previously, these figures do not include signing-on fees paid to players.

Remind me CG .. where in the accounts are these payments?

Golden Bear
19-08-2009, 03:56 PM

Included in the overall figure for "Staff costs" perhaps?

(and excuse me for butting in!)

MozHibs1875
19-08-2009, 04:01 PM
FPSL@ some of those replies! Product needs to get better or no sale! :greengrin

Are you still causing bother on here ya wee Firestater? :greengrin
Will you never learn :wink:

IWasThere2016
19-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Included in the overall figure for "Staff costs" perhaps?

(and excuse me for butting in!)

It is? I thought it would be part of the fee (as a cost of the asset) and written-off over the contract term.

Golden Bear
19-08-2009, 04:09 PM
It is? I thought it would be part of the fee (as a cost of the asset) and written-off over the contract term.

The man himself will tell us no doubt.

I'm almost sure the same question has been asked before and "Staffing Costs" was the answer but I stand to be corrected.

poolman
19-08-2009, 04:17 PM

Alan Hansen :greengrin

http://www.footballpoets.org/p.asp?Id=922

RIP
19-08-2009, 05:11 PM

any thoughts?

Firstly Adam - can I just say on behalf of the friendly people who populate Hibs.Net - it's great to see young guys like you starting threads instead of just reading or adding to other people's work.

You make excellent vids btw - I think Mothership's an all time stonker of a track. Did you see the Hibs strips in Enter Shikari's video? Your CIS cup final piece was total class for a 15yo - are you going to be a director in the future?

Isle of Man - what a barry place to live - I could have stayed in that Story of Mann exhibition in Peel for days.

If your crime was to start the ten millionth thread on 'Where are the new signings' then you can rest assured that someone will start the ten millionth and one tomorrow.

It won't be me though 'cos I have been totally brainwashed into following the 'Rod Petrie 25-year economic masterplan for football domination in Edinburgh'

Take the Yam comments with the pinch of salt they deserve - it's a cheap shot. I've been guilty of it myself I'm ashamed to say.

Here's to your next thread :hnet:

scoopyboy
19-08-2009, 05:26 PM

Doddie, Winston Churchill would have been proud of that speech but are you sure Peter Cormack got both against Real Madrid?

Purehibee_MYB
19-08-2009, 05:38 PM
A CB and possibly RB would be great, but getting Stokes on loan would be great, just dunno if he will come.

BEEJ
19-08-2009, 06:00 PM
In the Notes to the Accounts:

"Signing-on fees payable to players are included within staff costs in the year in which they fall due."

(See 06/07 accounts attached - foot of page 9)

Caversham Green
19-08-2009, 06:03 PM

The transfer fees are in Intangible Fixed Assets and are written down over the period of the contract, but signing on fees are included in Staff Costs in the year in which they fall due - Note 1(e) of the accounts.

I confess I don't really see the logic behind this policy - I think there's a case for exactly the opposite treatment - but that's the generally accepted practice for all clubs that I've looked at.

Edit: Beej beat me to it - must sharpen up my typing skills.

manx hibee
19-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Without indulging in the traditional accusations of Yamfuddery in response to any faintly negative post at the start of the season (don't want to alienate any nascent Isle of Mann supporters club afterall :bitchy:), if you check last weeks interview with Yogi on Hibs Interactive you'll hear him say that he is hot on the tracks of a few signings who will "get the fans excited".
It's a pretty normal thing for signings to be completed towards the end of the window - particularly if they're for a fee - so I'm a long way from being frustrated.
leave us isle of man people alone basehibby :grr:

Dashing Bob S
19-08-2009, 06:44 PM
firstly adam - can i just say on behalf of the friendly people who populate hibs.net - it's great to see young guys like you starting threads instead of just reading or adding to other people's work.

You make excellent vids btw - i think mothership's an all time stonker of a track. Did you see the hibs strips in enter shikari's video? Your cis cup final piece was total class for a 15yo - are you going to be a director in the future?

Isle of man - what a barry place to live - i could have stayed in that story of mann exhibition in peel for days.

If your crime was to start the ten millionth thread on 'where are the new signings' then you can rest assured that someone will start the ten millionth and one tomorrow.

It won't be me though 'cos i have been totally brainwashed into following the 'rod petrie 25-year economic masterplan for football domination in edinburgh'

take the yam comments with the pinch of salt they deserve - it's a cheap shot. I've been guilty of it myself i'm ashamed to say.

Here's to your next thread :hnet:

ltyf

ancient hibee
19-08-2009, 07:10 PM
I think there should be a bar(r) on stok(es)ing up rumours of new signings.

GreenPJ
19-08-2009, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=GREEN SKYE;2136084]

I'd love to try and sell you something. You'd probably have given Celtic £1m a week or so before we got him on deadline day for under half of it.

Also, does it strike you as out of order in any way to demand more money to be spent when it seems to be other people's money and not yours that you are looking to spend?

I've never got the I won't be going until we buy more or better player argumenet. The best way we can achieve growth on the park is to get along and put your cash up.

Some might argue that that is what they have been doing for a number of years without seeing the growth on the park.

Every time a decent player comes along they go for a modest/decent/good/excellent transfer fee (apply as you see fit to the relevant players) and we are back to square one and hopeful that the organic youth development program churns out another 3 or 4 crackers in the one generation.

I know the old argument of that's what Hibs have always done, however, they haven't always needed to. Imagine if they had paid that small amount of money to keep a hold of Joe Baker, or decided not to cash in on Stanton - what might it have brought us?

I am not endorsing the spend spend spend philosophy, however, sometimes you need to invest (prudently of course) and not just rely on the hope that promising talent will actually come to fruiition. In addition it encourages the wage payers (the fans) to turn up in greater numbers when you see investment in the team.

Dr_Regal
19-08-2009, 07:22 PM
A CB and possibly RB would be great, but getting Stokes on loan would be great, just dunno if he will come.

If calum Woods is better then DVZ and McCann then I could see mixu(by Mixu, I mean yogi of course) moving for him.

It doesn't sound like Sunderland are prepared to loan out stokesy again, would think it would be a transfer for a nominal fee if we got him. I do like the thought of stokesy, as he could play wide right as well.

Best team we had for a while:-

Maka/Stacks
Woods Bamba Hogg Murray
McBride Cregg
Stokes Zemmama Riordan
Benji

Subs
JJ
Galbraith
Spoony
Hanlon
Maka/Stacks
Thicot
Nish

3rd and a Scottish cup.

ancient hibee
19-08-2009, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=Andy74;2136098]

Some might argue that that is what they have been doing for a number of years without seeing the growth on the park.

Every time a decent player comes along they go for a modest/decent/good/excellent transfer fee (apply as you see fit to the relevant players) and we are back to square one and hopeful that the organic youth development program churns out another 3 or 4 crackers in the one generation.

I know the old argument of that's what Hibs have always done, however, they haven't always needed to. Imagine if they had paid that small amount of money to keep a hold of Joe Baker, or decided not to cash in on Stanton - what might it have brought us?

I am not endorsing the spend spend spend philosophy, however, sometimes you need to invest (prudently of course) and not just rely on the hope that promising talent will actually come to fruiition. In addition it encourages the wage payers (the fans) to turn up in greater numbers when you see investment in the team.
They didn't cash in on Stanton>he and Turnbull fell out and ET thought Pat's best days were behind him-think it was a straight swop for McNamara.

Littlest Hobo
19-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Are you still causing bother on here ya wee Firestater? :greengrin
Will you never learn :wink:

Nice to see you back posting my son! But really should you no be on the greggs forum yapping aboot that mozzarella cheeze or that family yer aye oan aboot, the Smiths is it? :rolleyes: :greengrin

Littlest Hobo
19-08-2009, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=Andy74;2136098]

Good post. :top marks

Darth Hibbie
19-08-2009, 07:38 PM
If calum Woods is better then DVZ and McCann then I could see mixu moving for him.

It doesn't sound like Sunderland are prepared to loan out stokesy again, would think it would be a transfer for a nominal fee if we got him. I do like the thought of stokesy, as he could play wide right as well.

Best team we had for a while:-

Maka/Stacks
Woods Bamba Hogg Murray
McBride Cregg
Stokes Zemmama Riordan
Benji

Subs
JJ
Galbraith
Spoony
Hanlon
Maka/Stacks
Thicot
Nish

3rd and a Scottish cup.

:confused::rules::slipper::devil::greengrin

Dr_Regal
19-08-2009, 09:40 PM
:confused::rules::slipper::devil::greengrin

Schoolboy stuff from myself there...

the wifes fault.

lyonhibs
19-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Is the simplistic answer to the thread title not simply:

Not here yet.

:confused:

500miles
19-08-2009, 10:55 PM

Scottish football was crippled by this line. We brought in expensive, under performing foreigners, and trotted this line out because managers felt under pressure to play the players who cost more.

A youngster who isn't ready to make at least a semi-regular contribution by 19 will NEVER be ready.

VegasHibby
19-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Reading something this morning about Yogi making some raids down south. I just can't see anything being finalised Aug 31 deadline. Hope I'm wrong though.......

IWasThere2016
20-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Is there a press conf today? Just wondering what % is being quoted today on new signings before Saturday? :devil:

Seriously, will there be lots of squealing about signings if we lose v the Bairns?

I am expecting some angry posts if there's no new players and a defeat ..

Andy74
20-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Is there a press conf today? Just wondering what % is being quoted today on new signings before Saturday? :devil:

Seriously, will there be lots of squealing about signings if we lose v the Bairns?

I am expecting some angry posts if there's no new players and a defeat ..

I've never really got that. Players are for 3 to 4 yrs and are hardly likley to make much difference in their first week here, though they can do of course!

If we can't beat Falkirk it's not becasue we didn't manage to sign anyone this week so putting the two together would be ridiculous.

Deadline day will be when any deals are done, we may get a surprise before but I doubt it.

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
20-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Uber fan alert! :rolleyes:

just cos yer a private member doesn't mean your a prized fan either - if YOU don't go and support YOUR team its only YOU that will be missing out !!! :bye:

Ray_
20-08-2009, 03:12 PM
I've never really got that. Players are for 3 to 4 yrs and are hardly likley to make much difference in their first week here, though they can do of course!

If we can't beat Falkirk it's not becasue we didn't manage to sign anyone this week so putting the two together would be ridiculous.

Deadline day will be when any deals are done, we may get a surprise before but I doubt it.

New signings can make a difference, quick examples off the top of my head, Joe McBride scored 8 goals in his first three games as did Colin Stein, Johnny Graham scored two on the day he signed, joined in the afternoon & played in the evening.:wink:

Forgot about George Best, scored in his first game & tripled the crowd in his second, but I'll give you that he was a bit of an exception & you mustn't forget Alan Shearer of Blackburn, début at ER & a 0-3 defeat, his signing certainly inspired our lot.

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2009, 03:21 PM
What do you mean "where are the new signings"? I left them with Christian. Don't say you've eaten them all, Christian! Not the lot of them! Not all those new signings, surely?

Oh my god...

BEEJ
20-08-2009, 03:27 PM
It would be great if that turned out to be the reality!

In the last few seasons the turnover in playing staff has averaged a full squad in less than two years. :cool2:

sesoim
20-08-2009, 04:10 PM
I'd say it's not a question of where are the signings, more like where are the signings of interest? No disrespect to the players we'ved signed, but two players from Hughes' ex-team, an unproven youngster and a Plymouth reserve don't exactly set the pulse racing. But we did sign Riordan on the 31st last year, so hopefully we'll sign a player or two like that soon. If we don't, I think we'll be lucky to scrape 4th place.

bigwheel
20-08-2009, 05:16 PM
I'd say it's not a question of where are the signings, more like where are the signings of interest? No disrespect to the players we'ved signed, but two players from Hughes' ex-team, an unproven youngster and a Plymouth reserve don't exactly set the pulse racing. But we did sign Riordan on the 31st last year, so hopefully we'll sign a player or two like that soon. If we don't, I think we'll be lucky to scrape 4th place.

If the board think we can scrape 4th place with no new investment there will be no new players! :boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2009, 05:19 PM
It would be great if that turned out to be the reality!

In the last few seasons the turnover in playing staff has averaged a full squad in less than two years. :cool2:

The crap ones seem to hang around for a while, but you are right, the good ones are rarely at the club for 4 years.

Phil D. Rolls
20-08-2009, 06:21 PM
No signings yet, with 11 (eleven) days till the window closes.

Tick Tock

IWasThere2016
20-08-2009, 07:39 PM
In the Notes to the Accounts:

"Signing-on fees payable to players are included within staff costs in the year in which they fall due."

(See 06/07 accounts attached - foot of page 9)

Cheers for that, B!

The transfer fees are in Intangible Fixed Assets and are written down over the period of the contract, but signing on fees are included in Staff Costs in the year in which they fall due - Note 1(e) of the accounts.

I confess I don't really see the logic behind this policy - I think there's a case for exactly the opposite treatment - but that's the generally accepted practice for all clubs that I've looked at.
Edit: Beej beat me to it - must sharpen up my typing skills.

:agree: Flawed IMHO. Means you sign a Bosman - on 2-year deal - eg no fee but pay a decent signing on fee .. say £50k .. and you right it off to I&E immediately. Or sign a contracted player - again for 2 years - for £25k and pay him £25k signing on fee .. same £50k .. but half is w/o in year and half w/o over > 1 year. Daft IMHO!

Andy - that's your answer after the event I refer to and not answer to the question I asked :wink:

Littlest Hobo
21-08-2009, 12:13 AM
I bet the 'tache is quite literally Petrified at the thought of your absence.

Get a grip. This season has been, so far, not bad. I dont understand the logic that if you had an ST for Easter Road last year, where the football was turgid, turgid, dire guff, that you would decide this year not to come back? Bizarre

By the way i never said i wouldn't come back. Do you just make things up as you go along? You might want to read my post properly before you go spouting rubbish!

By the way for what it's worth, looks like the Tache blinked first:thumbsup:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...an/8128849.stm

Littlest Hobo
21-08-2009, 12:22 AM
just cos yer a private member doesn't mean your a prized fan either - if YOU don't go and support YOUR team its only YOU that will be missing out !!! :bye:

Eh missed quite a few games last season for the first time in many a year actually and funnily enough i never felt like i missed oot on much to be honest? I'm no looking for huge investment or us to be paying big wages, ijust don't want the board taking the pish by selling evry bit of talent we have and making millions, yes millions and not reinvesting at least some of that money on a decent standard of player! One like this http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...an/8128849.stm Now that's what I'm talking about! Now why not go all out and buy a centre half?

By the way, if they keep this up, i might be tempted to buy a ST! lol

and that my son is what makes the world go round!

Big90inOz
21-08-2009, 12:39 AM
[QUOTE=GREEN SKYE;2138842]By the way i never said i wouldn't come back. Do you just make things up as you go along? You might want to read my post properly before you go spouting rubbish!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8128849.stm

Don't you mean blinked last :wink:

Good news :thumbsup:

Littlest Hobo
21-08-2009, 01:17 AM
[QUOTE=GREEN SKYE;2138842]By the way i never said i wouldn't come back. Do you just make things up as you go along? You might want to read my post properly before you go spouting rubbish!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8128849.stm

Don't you mean blinked last :wink:

Good news :thumbsup:

Aye well you could be right there?:wink: